Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

quote:

RAIDS

Enraged enemies during Raids now also gain 100% Accuracy and inflict a permanent Healing Immunity when they damage enemies with attacks, in addition to the greatly increased Offense they already received.

Guess this means no more infinite Maul in AAT :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Laaaaaaame

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Where's that from? I can't find the notes.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

CaptainPsyko posted:

Where's that from? I can't find the notes.

Malgrin posted:

Sith are delayed by at least a day. :(.

Here are the bug fixes for the update...some important things:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58960/the-bugs-bin-update-2-14

"Darth Maul: “Whirling Blades” now applies the Daze effect before determining if a unit can counter attack or not.
Darth Vader: "Inspiring Through Fear" will no longer reduce Turn Meter twice on attacks from characters who are both Empire and Sith.
Darth Vader: "Inspiring Through Fear" will no longer reduce Turn Meter when attacks are Evaded."

"Fixed an issue where TIE Reaper was removing enemy Capital Ship Turn Meter even after he was defeated."

(P.S. Zader is still worth it...Reaper is not).

e: I'm disappointed some bugs are missing. If you have a minute, please upvote my reddit post and post on the attached post in the forums
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5u4ruw/several_bugs_tfp_ship_reinforcements_fotf_tie/

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Got my Zoba, and it's a beautiful thing.

For GW, I'm running GK (L) Chaze, Zoba, Barriss, and I'm doing it with about 90% auto.

Dr. Venture posted:

All right Mal, I've got over 500k ally points. You think I should sink all of it?

IGD, would it help if we opened up to friends and family to fill our empty slots? Or can we recruit 5 burley hitters from the forums?

Also, is the Rancor we started morning or night damage?

I mean, it depends on your situation, but I think so. You also have to accept that if they bring back tournaments or something like it that requires AP to refresh, you're going to be behind everyone else. I found it super helpful, probably saved me a week's farming of poo poo materials (not to mention bought 2/3s of a droid caller).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 15, 2017

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So if you are lower than level 55 of so and want an extra set of level 70ish heroes to help with grind add me. 227-246-992. Dont be shy, I need like 8 more allies so I can get the achievement for free Vader Shards.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

waah posted:

So if you are lower than level 55 of so and want an extra set of level 70ish heroes to help with grind add me. 227-246-992. Dont be shy, I need like 8 more allies so I can get the achievement for free Vader Shards.

I added you cause I have some extra spots. Enjoy the OP :)

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Malgrin posted:

I added you cause I have some extra spots. Enjoy the OP :)

Thanks man. Gonna take advantage of this to finish off stage 8 of the mod battles.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

waah posted:

Thanks man. Gonna take advantage of this to finish off stage 8 of the mod battles.

Who do I have as lead in Cantina? Who do you want?

e: actually looks like this game tracks Cantina and Mod Battles differently. I'm actually curious who it shows for lead when borrowing mod battles.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 15, 2017

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
my ally code is 299-181-358 can i get an invite please

let the spam commence

edit: i applied to qui goonjinn

jhorphear fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 15, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Patch is starting to roll out. Prepare for the Sith domination you've all been waiting for. If you can't download the patch now, don't panic, I can't either.

e: pre-patch is starting to roll out. The full push is yet to come.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 15, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The hero priority list is pretty helpful. It took me a week or two of F2P grinding to start unlocking the good heroes but Lando/Lumi/Ackbar/Boba Fett immediately shot up to the top of my strongest characters and started letting me get through the missions that lovely starting characters like chewbacca and gun luke were unable to handle.

I also unlocked Mace Windu for some reason, he doesn't seem to be great but at least works with Lumi.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Space Crabs posted:

The hero priority list is pretty helpful. It took me a week or two of F2P grinding to start unlocking the good heroes but Lando/Lumi/Ackbar/Boba Fett immediately shot up to the top of my strongest characters and started letting me get through the missions that lovely starting characters like chewbacca and gun luke were unable to handle.

I also unlocked Mace Windu for some reason, he doesn't seem to be great but at least works with Lumi.

Probably from a free pack or something? He's alright, but I wouldn't spend too many resources on him. Definitely get STH over Ackbar though.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Malgrin posted:

Who do I have as lead in Cantina? Who do you want?

e: actually looks like this game tracks Cantina and Mod Battles differently. I'm actually curious who it shows for lead when borrowing mod battles.

What's your in game name. I dont see you on the list or your request?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

waah posted:

What's your in game name. I dont see you on the list or your request?

Weird, I sent it, but it wasn't under request status. Sent again. Let me know what's in there. I should probably just throw GK in there cause he's the most fun...but...my EP would probably be the most useful.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Malgrin posted:

Weird, I sent it, but it wasn't under request status. Sent again. Let me know what's in there. I should probably just throw GK in there cause he's the most fun...but...my EP would probably be the most useful.

Thanks i got the request this time. As of right now you have Phasma for Mod Battles. Boba for Cantina, GK for light side, and Director for Dark.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

waah posted:

Thanks i got the request this time. As of right now you have Phasma for Mod Battles. Boba for Cantina, GK for light side, and Director for Dark.

Lol, I must've tested out DK for Dark. I can put EP or Boba in there (or a whole bunch of other dudes, but those are probably my best).

Let me know if you want me to change any of those (you probably don't need Phasma in Mod Battles), it's really not a big deal.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Malgrin posted:

Probably from a free pack or something? He's alright, but I wouldn't spend too many resources on him. Definitely get STH over Ackbar though.

Yeah I got free ackbar shards from the ship events when you level up so I figured I'd unlock him, I didn't realize Storm Trooper Han was so good at the time though. I'm already hitting a wall gearing Lumi and Lando (I'm level 47 and need to be level 53 to equip the last thing to make them G7) so I'll probably get STH going now.

My problem is Dark side characters. I only have Tarkin/Dooku/Boba Fett and some lovely randos. I'd consider buying a game package but the prices are ridiculous and I figure just buying crystals for extra energy is a better investment than $25 for a couple droids or whatever.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

jhorphear posted:

my ally code is 299-181-358 can i get an invite please

let the spam commence

edit: i applied to qui goonjinn

You should get the invite in about in hour of you aren't already in.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Space Crabs posted:

Yeah I got free ackbar shards from the ship events when you level up so I figured I'd unlock him, I didn't realize Storm Trooper Han was so good at the time though. I'm already hitting a wall gearing Lumi and Lando (I'm level 47 and need to be level 53 to equip the last thing to make them G7) so I'll probably get STH going now.

My problem is Dark side characters. I only have Tarkin/Dooku/Boba Fett and some lovely randos. I'd consider buying a game package but the prices are ridiculous and I figure just buying crystals for extra energy is a better investment than $25 for a couple droids or whatever.

Honestly, hold off on Dark Side stuff. Start working on RG cause he's a long farm. Once you have finished Lando, move on to Tie Fighter Pilot (mix in some mods at some point in there though). Once you finish STH shards, you can think about Savage -- looks like he's actually going to be good after this patch.

Also, I'd highly recommend taking people to 6*, and then moving on to the next 1-2 heroes on a list, get them to 6*, before continuing on to 7*, except for one hero. One 7* hero will let you get T7/Heroic rewards from raiding, and I'd probably recommend either Lando or Biggs for that (Get Biggs after 6* Lumi).

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I honestly thought people suggesting the Royal Guard was a joke until I started running into arena and galactic war teams with these swole royal guards that kept alternating taunt with clone wars chewbacca which murdered me until I got mace's ability to dispell buffs and formed a halfass jedi team with lumi.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

waah posted:

Ok, should now be GK for Mod Battles and Light, Boba for Cantina, and EP for Dark.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Space Crabs posted:

I honestly thought people suggesting the Royal Guard was a joke until I started running into arena and galactic war teams with these swole royal guards that kept alternating taunt with clone wars chewbacca which murdered me until I got mace's ability to dispell buffs and formed a halfass jedi team with lumi.

The stun on a basic and absurd health pool owns. Mine isn't that good yet but I want to get him up there. For arena I'm using a 3* Shoretrooper and he's putting in work. Tanking two rounds in a row is super useful.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Ive got RG almost to gX and he's a withering proposition, especially on empire teams where EP/Vader come with their own huge health pools. Either of those guys can take a full wiggs combo to the face, stay standing, and then you're stuck with RG's 70k health/prot pool.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Ive got RG almost to gX and he's a withering proposition, especially on empire teams where EP/Vader come with their own huge health pools. Either of those guys can take a full wiggs combo to the face, stay standing, and then you're stuck with RG's 70k health/prot pool.

Yup. There's one ability that actually shuts down RG - Shock (or Daze + BI). BI gives you a temporary reprieve, but RG still gains extra TM from teammates while he has BI on, so he can start taunting pretty soon again. Since Shock is only available to EP (and soon Dooku), and there are usually several other heroes you need to worry about shocking, RG can really come in as a big threat. I'm not running him right now (running Boba, Chaze, GK, JKA), but he's the best dark side tank (overall I like RG more than Shoretrooper right now -- and I see a lot of Zader teams either running RG or no tank).

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Malgrin posted:

Ok, should now be GK for Mod Battles and Light, Boba for Cantina, and EP for Dark.

So. General Kenobi. :stare:

I understand now why theres so much drama over running the raid to get him. Holy poo poo.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

waah posted:

So. General Kenobi. :stare:

I understand now why theres so much drama over running the raid to get him. Holy poo poo.

Hahahahaha. Yup. He's so ridiculous, and he's only 5*. He gets a lot of survivability out of 6-7*.

Also I have him modded really well, so he's got lots of health and defense. It makes a difference.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
do i lose my guild currency if i want to leave the random guild i joined when i started to come to the casual goon guild?

The random guild I'm in seems to be like <10 active maxed whales and 30+ inactives that score 0 in everything.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Space Crabs posted:

do i lose my guild currency if i want to leave the random guild i joined when i started to come to the casual goon guild?

The random guild I'm in seems to be like <10 active maxed whales and 30+ inactives that score 0 in everything.

No, you don't lose coins that you use for buying stuff in the shop.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar

General Probe posted:

You should get the invite in about in hour of you aren't already in.

thanks

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Mal plz friend me so I can bum your Kenobi for light side hard missions: 469-134-913

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Mal plz friend me so I can bum your Kenobi for light side hard missions: 469-134-913

K, but I can't promise he's good enough for them (5* G10)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

K, but I can't promise he's good enough for them (5* G10)

How is this poo poo so loving hard?

Dark-side hard battles were a loving joke...

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Here is my ally code in case some other high level peeps want to lend a hero.

837-479-174

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

How is this poo poo so loving hard?

Dark-side hard battles were a loving joke...

Because CG is really good at balance. I believe I ran Wedge (L), Barriss (no z), Biggs, Chaze (3* G9 at the time), with a borrowed nearly max GK to 3* it. It was still a very close call. Make sure you are using your best mods too.

Burning_Monk posted:

Here is my ally code in case some other high level peeps want to lend a hero.

837-479-174

I added you

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Malgrin posted:

I added you

Gracias!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Patch notes are in, nothing revolutionary...doesn't even show what Nihilus actually does....waiting on game update.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/89315/dark-side-game-update-2-15-2017

e: They are officially discontinuing tournaments "for the forseeable future." Guess that's one way to solve cheating in tournaments.

Also Kylo Ren is getting a ship, store only (for now?)

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 16, 2017

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Malgrin posted:

Also Kylo Ren is getting a ship, store only (for now?)

First Order Stormtrooper on the Command Shuttle - you fuckers.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Whitey Snipes posted:

First Order Stormtrooper on the Command Shuttle - you fuckers.

Yeah, but I mean, at $40, does that really matter?

Also, holy hell, Nihilus is insane. Even just looking at his level 1 abilities -- jesus loving christ.

Annihilate -- 8 turn CD. instantly defeate target enemy. Nihilus gains Max Health equal to 40% of target's max hp. Can't be evaded, starts on cooldown

Drain Force - 4 turn CD. Deal special damage to all, 50% chance (double against debuffed enemies) to increase their cds by 1. For each cd increased, reduce the cd of annihilate by 1.

That's a potential t4? Annihilate. Zaul lead is sounding insane right now...but...there's more

Lord of Hunger (L) - Sith allies gain 30% Offense and 70% HP Steal. Sith allies lose all Protection and gain that much Max Health. Sith allies are immune to healing effects that aren't health steal and can't score critical hits.

Wound in the Force - At the start of each of his turns, Nihilus has a 70% chance to inflict DoT for 2 turns on random enemy that doesn't have debuffs. If all enemies are debuffed, inflict DoT on random enemy.

Again, all level 1 abilities. Jesus. loving. Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, but I mean, at $40, does that really matter?

Also, holy hell, Nihilus is insane. Even just looking at his level 1 abilities -- jesus loving christ.

Annihilate -- 8 turn CD. instantly defeate target enemy. Nihilus gains Max Health equal to 40% of target's max hp. Can't be evaded, starts on cooldown

Drain Force - 4 turn CD. Deal special damage to all, 50% chance (double against debuffed enemies) to increase their cds by 1. For each cd increased, reduce the cd of annihilate by 1.

That's a potential t4? Annihilate. Zaul lead is sounding insane right now...but...there's more

Lord of Hunger (L) - Sith allies gain 30% Offense and 70% HP Steal. Sith allies lose all Protection and gain that much Max Health. Sith allies are immune to healing effects that aren't health steal and can't score critical hits.

Wound in the Force - At the start of each of his turns, Nihilus has a 70% chance to inflict DoT for 2 turns on random enemy that doesn't have debuffs. If all enemies are debuffed, inflict DoT on random enemy.

Again, all level 1 abilities. Jesus. loving. Christ.

Sith Trooper and Sith Assassin don't look too bad, either. Lots of fun, though lack of crits might be something of a problem?

Edit:

Just looking at Maul, he'll lose his Power of Hatred Heal, but goes up to 90%(!) Health Steal, plus the extra max health, plus all that Potency. I wonder how the two Max Health buffs will stack.

I'm also curious if there's enough protection ignoring damage from the two new guys to make Savage's special do insane things.

Taran_Wanderer fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 16, 2017