Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mandibular Fiasco posted:

Really? I saw this on Amazon the other day and it looks like it's listed at least for order:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140127238X/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_16?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Fair enough. I pre-ordered it last September when it was solicited for mid-July, and when that date came and went I assumed that was it and they'd given up.

Probably just this weird issue Amazon UK seem to have with listing this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

Cactus Jack posted:

Barnes and Noble has 40% off a single item with the coupon code LMQCJGX26KQFK. I believe you can use it multiple times for separate orders and it is valid until September 6th 2:59am EST.

Thanks man, I finally bit the bullet on Absolute Sandman vol 3 (I got vol 4 but not 3 for some reason) for $40 so it stacks on top of their discounts.

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

Cactus Jack posted:

Barnes and Noble has 40% off a single item with the coupon code LMQCJGX26KQFK. I believe you can use it multiple times for separate orders and it is valid until September 6th 2:59am EST.

Thanks for this! Just ordered the Gotham Central Omnibus for $45!

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Mandibular Fiasco posted:

Thanks for this! Just ordered the Gotham Central Omnibus for $45!

I did not know there was a Gotham Central omnibus. One more thing to add to the list of things I need in my life.

Raife
Feb 2, 2004

Cactus Jack posted:

Thank You. I picked up JSA Omnibus Vol. 2 minutes before the deadline it seems.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Ror posted:

What is in your treasure chest? :smaug:

It is the packaging for a Legend of Zelda collectors edition players guides bundle my girlfriend bought. You can see them sitting on the shelf right next to them!
Currently it is holding the guides she already had. I want to do something cool with it though

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
After ordering it in February 2015, this finally showed up. Didn't expect it to be oversized: bonus!

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

So I noticed that the Deadly Hands of Kung Fu omni is out but the DM cover is coming out later? Rhyno?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like orders on the DM cover were so low it may have been canceled.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I got an e-mail from InStockTrades that the DM variant was delayed and should be available next week. They had a similar (if not the exact same) issue with the Shang Chi omnibus V2 DM variant where most of their order wasn't filled and I wasn't able to order it until today, which was 4-6 weeks after it was meant to be released.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
For Xmas, I'm planning to get my "Creepshow"-loving fiancee one of the EC horror Archives. I thought to start with Tales from the Crypt Vol. 1, but since it's an anthology series I'm not sure if the first stories are the strongest. Are any of the three "main" EC horror series volumes particularly acclaimed? Or is the quality pretty equal among them all?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I finally did the thing; I have two different Star Wars series' on their way to Herring and Robinson for binding. I'm incredibly excited. While its gonna cost me a pretty penny, reclaiming space in my comic boxes and being able to easily re-read my old comics is gonna be a blast.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In sorting my possessions I have already come across 100+ trades and HCs I no longer feel the need to own. I will either make an SA Mart thread or just post a list in here sometime earlynext week if anyone is interested in DEEP DISCOUNTS and stuff.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Rhyno posted:

In sorting my possessions I have already come across 100+ trades and HCs I no longer feel the need to own. I will either make an SA Mart thread or just post a list in here sometime earlynext week if anyone is interested in DEEP DISCOUNTS and stuff.

I'm interested. :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cactus Jack posted:

I'm interested. :)

I still have 34 boxes to move back inside and sort through. This is everything in the SELL pile thus far

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Ya'll might be able to get some cheap stuff over at Barnes and Noble.com; BNBFRIDAY16 for an additional 30% off.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Amazon has $10 off $25+ books with code: HOLIDAYBOOK

I grabbed the From Hell Hardcover for about $20 after tax since Top Shelf published books never go above 30% off anywhere. The March Trilogy Slipcase also looks like a good deal since it is from Top Shelf and just won a National Book Award.

obi_ant posted:

Ya'll might be able to get some cheap stuff over at Barnes and Noble.com; BNBFRIDAY16 for an additional 30% off.

Grabbed Planetary Omnibus for $35 after tax with this. :)

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a good app I can use to keep a running inventory of what books I have? I used Good Reads a long time ago, but for some reason I didn't like it or something. Any suggestions?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I use comicbookdb.com. It's not pretty, but it's functional and free. Web only, though.

I can ask my buddy what he uses. He recently cataloged everything by scanning the barcodes with his phone's camera.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Uthor posted:

I can ask my buddy what he uses. He recently cataloged everything by scanning the barcodes with his phone's camera.

Here was his reply:

quote:

comic collector. i think i paid the $30 or whatever it was for it.

it is... meh. i did all my square bound books probably in 5-6 hours while half-paying attention to TV. the barcode scanning was hit-or-miss so you have to double check even if you get a hit. i still have to tackle my floppies, but i feel those will be easier (though there are many more of them). the problem with the trades is i was insistent on getting the "right" version which was hard for a lot of things that have gone through lots of printings (sandman, for instance, is a complete loving mess).

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Librarything might work. I don't know what their site is like for comics but I think it would be fine since they're just ISBNs.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Thanks for the reply back. I might just inventory my books by spreadsheet. I only have two book cases. All omnibuses though. So shouldn't be too many books.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

Librarything might work. I don't know what their site is like for comics but I think it would be fine since they're just ISBNs.

Do they still limit you to 200 books unless you pay up? That's what stopped me from using them, but that was like ten years ago.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Uthor posted:

Do they still limit you to 200 books unless you pay up? That's what stopped me from using them, but that was like ten years ago.

No clue, I bought a lifetime pass back in like 2005.

obi_ant posted:

Thanks for the reply back. I might just inventory my books by spreadsheet. I only have two book cases. All omnibuses though. So shouldn't be too many books.

Yeah I use google sheets for my floppies. I can enter from a PC and access them quickly from my phone.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just finished reading End of Days. Very good read. I like it from the beginning until the end. Very glad they tell you what "that word" meant. Would be really annoyed if they didn't; although I would understand why they wouldn't. Either way, good stuff.

On to reading Young Avengers.

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!

obi_ant posted:

Is there a good app I can use to keep a running inventory of what books I have? I used Good Reads a long time ago, but for some reason I didn't like it or something. Any suggestions?

I use 'book catalogue' on the google store. Free and really easy to use, I dont think theres an upper limit either as im on 1700+ books and havnt hit a ceiling.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I finally sent in my comics, and today I got back the entire run of Kanan and the entire run of Darth Vader, bound together.

Spelling mistake aside (and I already contacted the bindery, hopefully there's something they can do for me...) these turned out GREAT. I was a bit concerned about the Vader book being unwieldy due to its size, but its not uncomfortable to hold or anything. No complaints at all about the binding itself, and as long as they can do something for me regarding the spelling error, I'll definitely be getting more stuff bound in the future.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone pick up the Deadpool by Posehn & Duggan Omnibus? I was interested because its cheaper than buying the hardcovers i don't have. However, a lot of people are having issues with the binding. I'm hoping it's just a few bad copies but I don't wanna buy a book that falls apart after a couple of sittings.

Is everyone having issues with the binding or was it just a bad batch?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Nyeehg posted:

Did anyone pick up the Deadpool by Posehn & Duggan Omnibus? I was interested because its cheaper than buying the hardcovers i don't have. However, a lot of people are having issues with the binding. I'm hoping it's just a few bad copies but I don't wanna buy a book that falls apart after a couple of sittings.

Is everyone having issues with the binding or was it just a bad batch?

I ordered it but haven't opened it yet. I'll give it a look once I get home. Overall I've had a pretty good experience with Marvel omnibuses, though I know plenty have said otherwise (pages stuck together, coloring being off, etc...).

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Anyone wanna sell me their annihilation omnibus for a reasonable price?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Marvel's liquidating the following 48 omnibuses. Snap 'em up while you can.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/09/marvel-liquidiate-almost-fifty-omnibus-titles-comic-shops/
code:
ACTS OF VENGEANCE CROSSOVERS OMNIBUS HC DAVIS CVR
ANNIHILATION CONQUEST OMNIBUS HC
AVENGERS BY BUSIEK AND PEREZ OMNIBUS HC VOL 01
AVENGERS BY BUSIEK AND PEREZ OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
AVENGERS CROSSING OMNIBUS HC SCHERBERGER CVR
AVENGERS WEST COAST OMNIBUS HC VOL 02 PACHECO CVR
CAPTAIN AMERICA RETURN OF WINTER SOLDIER OMNIBUS HC
CAPTAIN AMERICA TRIAL OF CAPTAIN AMERICA OMNIBUS HC
DARK TOWER OMNIBUS HC SLIPCASE SET
FANTASTIC FOUR BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
FANTASTIC FOUR BY HICKMAN OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
FANTASTIC FOUR BY MATT FRACTION OMNIBUS HC
GOLDEN AGE CAPTAIN AMERICA OMNI HC VOL 01 WEEKS CVR
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY SOLO CLASSIC OMNIBUS HC
HAWKEYE BY MATT FRACTION AND DAVID AJA OMNIBUS HC
HOWARD DUCK OMNIBUS HC
IRON MAN BY KURT BUSIEK AND SEAN CHEN OMNIBUS HC
MARVEL 75TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS HC
MARVEL FIRSTS 1990S OMNIBUS HC
MARVEL NOW OMNIBUS HC
NEW AVENGERS OMNIBUS HC VOL 01
NEW WARRIORS OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 YOUNG CVR
OZ OMNIBUS HC
SHIELD COMPLETE COLLECTION OMNIBUS HC MAOS DM VAR ED
SHIELD COMPLETE COLLECTION OMNIBUS HC ROSS CVR
SPIDER-MAN BY ROGER STERN OMNIBUS HC
STAR WARS MARVEL YRS OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 CHAYKIN CVR
STAR WARS MARVEL YRS OMNIBUS HC VOL 02 DAY CVR
STAR WARS MARVEL YRS OMNIBUS HC VOL 02 DM HILDEBRANDT VAR ED
STAR WARS MARVEL YRS OMNIBUS HC VOL 03 DM HILDEBRANDT VAR ED
STAR WARS MARVEL YRS OMNIBUS HC VOL 03
AVENGERS OMNIBUS HC VOL 02 ROSS VAR
FANTASTIC FOUR OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 NEW PTG
FANTASTIC FOUR OMNIBUS HC VOL 02 NEW PTG
FANTASTIC FOUR OMNIBUS HC VOL 03 ROSS CVR
MIGHTY THOR OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
MUPPETS OMNIBUS HC LANGRIDGE CVR
STAND OMNIBUS HC SLIPCASE
ULTIMATE COMICS AVENGERS BY MARK MILLAR OMNIBUS HC
ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN DOSM OMNIBUS HC
ULTIMATE MARVEL OMNIBUS HC VOL 01
UNCANNY AVENGERS OMNIBUS HC
WEREWOLF BY NIGHT OMNIBUS HC DM VAR ED
WEREWOLF BY NIGHT OMNIBUS HC
X-FORCE OMNIBUS HC VOL 01
X-MEN AVENGERS ONSLAUGHT OMNIBUS HC
X-MEN AGE OF APOCALYPSE OMNIBUS COMPANION HC
YOUNG AVENGERS BY GILLEN AND MCKELVIE OMNIBUS HC

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Cool, I can finally catch up on my Kirby/Lee Fantastic Four omnibuses.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Too bad I already own every drat thing I want on that list.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Too bad I already own every drat thing I want on that list.

Even the crossing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Even the crossing?

You're asking if I own the Crossing?

Who do you think you're talking to?

Edit: SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Marvel has killed off the entire Omnibus line. They blew out their entire Diamond stock and now the Amazon sale. David Gabriel has long hated the oversized HC format and this looks like the first step in getting rid of it.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 12, 2017

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Logo, nothing. Those different sized volume numbers are what would get me annoyed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Be glad you don't have the trades for the Ultimate Marvel line. They're all over the place design wise. Fantastic Four was the only title to keep a consistent design. Ultimate X-Men especially was all over the place. Which is appropriate given the content of the books.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Logo, nothing. Those different sized volume numbers are what would get me annoyed.

It was the unholy combination of both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Do they just farm these out to the lowest bidder and not keep any templates or settings for these? It shouldn't be hard to keep the formatting consistent.