Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sabat's Vegeta voice is deep enough now that it starts to approach his Piccolo voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I'm catching up on the dub and I missed these voices. I really did. Dub 18 is so good.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Is Schemmel playing Goku as less of a dipshit in the dub?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Bloody Pom posted:

Is Schemmel playing Goku as less of a dipshit in the dub?

That would be really weird considering all the poo poo that happens in the story

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I mean it more in the sense that Schemmel's Goku has always sounded... honestly kinda bloodthirsty when it's time to fight compared to his Japanese voice.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh so sort of like how he's super gruff, especially when he's SSJ

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Aurora posted:

Oh so sort of like how he's super gruff, especially when he's SSJ

he only really gets gruff in SSJ3/4 I think, especially 4

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
The Beerus fight actually showed great range on his part. You had his modern, more high-pitched Goku voice, his more classic dub style Super Saiyan, and then each got growlier until Super Saiyan 3 sounded really gruff.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Gonna need a Senzu for that one.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kithkar posted:

Watching the super dub, Hearing Vegeta say "Sure, let's go see Yamcha!!!" about going to the party is like half a step away from abridged.

Sabat is a TFS fan so I wouldn't doubt them rubbing off on him a bit

Speaking of which...when is Final Chapters dub getting up to the Cell Games reenactment? :allears:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Bee posted:

The Beerus fight actually showed great range on his part. You had his modern, more high-pitched Goku voice, his more classic dub style Super Saiyan, and then each got growlier until Super Saiyan 3 sounded really gruff.

when I knew he Still Had It was the battle of gods movie when he just flips the gently caress out and screams his way out from underground

that was really hype

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

This is pretty good. Basil IS pretty quick on his feet. What are the odd's the red one is the puncher?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Basil is the red one.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Augus posted:

Sabat is a TFS fan so I wouldn't doubt them rubbing off on him a bit

Speaking of which...when is Final Chapters dub getting up to the Cell Games reenactment? :allears:

They just had Videl cut her hair this week, so probably within the the next two weeks

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Has anyone seen the Indonesian dub of Super?

It's actually dubbed by Bang Zoom, which means LA voice actors instead of the usual Funi staples. Lex Lang is Goku, Wendee Lee is Bulma, Jamieson Price is Hercule, Vegeta is Kaiji Tang.

It's not BAD but there's something definitely eerie as hell about it. It's like walking into your house and finding your entire family has been replaced by similar looking doppelgangers. It's just plain WEIRD.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rutibex posted:

Basil is the red one.

Boom boom!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Next two episode previews:

February 19th: "Universe 9's Kicker Basil vs Universe 7's Majin Buu!!"
The showdown between Majin Buu and Universe 9's Basil in the first round of the Omni-Present Match has begun. Basil's kick techniques connect one after the other, and Universe 9's Kaioshin is certain of his victory, but Buu hasn't taken any damage.

February 26th: "Awaken the Dormant Fighting Spirit! Son Gohan's Battle!!"
The second round of the Omni-Present Match. Facing off against Universe 9's Lavenda, Gohan is sprayed in the face with poison mist and loses his eyesight. Unable even to sense his opponent's ki, Gohan is one-sidedly beaten around, but...

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Darko posted:

Next two episode previews:

February 19th: "Universe 9's Kicker Basil vs Universe 7's Majin Buu!!"
The showdown between Majin Buu and Universe 9's Basil in the first round of the Omni-Present Match has begun. Basil's kick techniques connect one after the other, and Universe 9's Kaioshin is certain of his victory, but Buu hasn't taken any damage.

February 26th: "Awaken the Dormant Fighting Spirit! Son Gohan's Battle!!"
The second round of the Omni-Present Match. Facing off against Universe 9's Lavenda, Gohan is sprayed in the face with poison mist and loses his eyesight. Unable even to sense his opponent's ki, Gohan is one-sidedly beaten around, but...

So this is going to be best 2 out of 3? Is that going to be the setup for the main tournament?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
So from Kamen Rider-type to Daredevil? Kinda nasty. But also kind of...a good fit? I'm sure he'll win through, mind you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It sounds like Buu will lose due to a gimmick (he's not taking damage but something else happens) and Gohan will win, leaving it up to Goku-saa to win the match.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I hope they both win and goku doesn't get to fight

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

It's an exhibition, so they'd probably all fight in this case, no matter what happens. The only rule is "don't bore Zeno(s)"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Countblanc posted:

How karmic.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Countblanc posted:

I reckon they all lose just to drive home the fact that their victory isn't a sure thing and that Universe 7 can lose.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zB6jwpKd8E

I'm telling you, it's wrong

so very wrong

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

I reckon they all lose just to drive home the fact that their victory isn't a sure thing and that Universe 7 can lose.

everyone will always win their fights so goku never actually gets a chance to compete in the tournament he wished for

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TFRazorsaw posted:

so very wrong

Yeah, I watched a couple of clips from that dub. They're not bad (some of them are real good even)but they just sound so...wrong.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Jesus Beerus sounds great but Goku is very different and is borderline terrible sounding and yeah it's just so.....off. The dub is ruined for my ears forever.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

everyone will always win their fights so goku never actually gets a chance to compete in the tournament he wished for

Turns out Beerus did kill Goku before and this is his personal Hell.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I watched "plan to eradicate the super saiyans" last night and holy poo poo it's obvious that it was from a video game. I also didn't realise that Hatchiyak could say anything other than Revenge & Saiyans.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Testekill posted:

I watched "plan to eradicate the super saiyans" last night and holy poo poo it's obvious that it was from a video game. I also didn't realise that Hatchiyak could say anything other than Revenge & Saiyans.
What a weird OVA to remake so many years later too.

I'm not even sure I'd say its better than the original.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

so very wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOcy-WsuGx0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxtYAEvtOSY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5s8I2ji_w

Who are you people!?

It must be so weird for those guys to be doing this dub.

Also, 22 different people have voiced Goku in English at this point.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The voice director probably outright said "look, you know what Chris Sabat sounds like. Imitate him."

Also, the guy who voices Piccolo also voices Roy in Fire Emblem Heroes.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Manatee Cannon posted:

That would legit drive Goku to insanity and bring out Super Saiyan polkadot or something and have him challenge the entire multiverse including 7 and the gods, finally making him the real bad guy.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wow Super made Bulma getting slapped ridiculously melodramatic.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Augus posted:

it stretched out the BoG movie into like 15 episodes or something stupid, everything was way more drawn out

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vegeta going Legendary Super Husband is great tho.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Augus posted:

I was just about to say this. I don't think they even devoted two seconds to it in the actual film.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Its totally going to be a shutout for universe 7. with the furries losing every match and zeno erasing them because they did so poorly.

Then universe 7 will get a bye in the actual tournament due to uneven numbers and half the field will be wiped out off screen to save time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
it really shows Vegeta's character development, it's really important to see 15 minutes of his shock and horror at Bulma being slapped.

• Locked thread