Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FrozenVent posted:

Oh gotcha, my mistake. Still; Devos is in the line of succession.

For the record even in By Dawn's Early Light, they only get (incorrectly) down to the Secretary of the Interior.

Seriously Sec Ed becoming President is too much of a stretch for Twlight 2000 and Harpoon Scenario writers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

MazelTovCocktail posted:

For the record even in By Dawn's Early Light, they only get (incorrectly) down to the Secretary of the Interior.

Seriously Sec Ed becoming President is too much of a stretch for Twlight 2000 and Harpoon Scenario writers.

But not Battlestar Galactica! :awesomelon:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Maybe Flynn will Ollie North the whole thing to save the executive.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
In other news :

:lol:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/15/politics/house-republicans-earmarks/index.html

Just read at least this part of it.

quote:

Earmarks, the simultaneously hated and beloved DC tool that lets lawmakers direct money to specific programs and projects, may be coming back.
House Republicans are re-opening their debate on earmarks, six years after they banned the practice that became the target of ire among conservatives and tea party groups.
Step one: Call them something else.
"For anyone to use the term earmarks, that would be at least a six-year-old term. The term that is used is congressionally-directed spending," House Rules Committee Chairman Pete Sessions said Tuesday.

Sessions, R-Texas, said Tuesday that Republicans are weighing an option that would let them control spending related to Army Corps of Engineers projects. Sessions said that he and House Speaker Paul Ryan discussed earmarks with Republicans Tuesday morning at their weekly meeting and will take up the issue again Thursday.
Critics of the ban say that removing the ability to wheel and deal on items specific to individual lawmakers -- from parks to major projects -- has fed into the gridlock that has beset the Capitol in the last six years. It also gives more power to the executive branch to control where money is spent.
"I think the Republican leadership will find that it's a good form of disciplining, in terms of what people want," said Rep. John Larson
, a veteran Democrat from Connecticut. "I also think in terms of members, especially, to be able to go in your local museum or your local municipality or your local hospital comes to you with a concern where they otherwise can't come up with themselves, this is a good outlet."

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

If we get the Secretary of Education as president I hope a weird scientist guy that fucks an imaginary cylon doesn't win the next election and further ruin our country

I appreciate this.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Come here for the dogges; stay for the out of nowhere BSG references.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I don't know how well that would work. It depends entirely on how much dirt the IC has on Flynn and the other members of the campaign/administration.

I could see Flynn trying to hop on that grenade and only get a fraction of the actual evidence and charges assigned to him.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Work for an even bigger SOS than himself?
Get in way over his head?
Take kickbacks from illegal activities?
In exchange for immunity, claim other people's crimes, helping to immunize them, too?
Parley his criminal activities into a new career?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Lmaoooo

I am curious what the response will be by democrats.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

joat mon posted:

Work for an even bigger SOS than himself?
Get in way over his head?
Take kickbacks from illegal activities?
In exchange for immunity, claim other people's crimes, helping to immunize them, too?
Parley his criminal activities into a new career?

Yes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im kinda shocked stephen miller is a year younger than me

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Good. This would go a long way in re-moderating the two parties because earmarks kept the entire political apparatus working.

Everybody had something to gain by voting for the spending bill, so things that weren't contentious like "Keep the government working" passed.

Take that away and the only thing you gain from compromising on any sort of bill was the knowledge that you'd be primaried by a lunatic who called you a traitor.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The judiciary in this country is completely out of control. No respect for the law!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxPgia7-QRg

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I dunno I had a Twilight 2000 campaign that was pretty insane

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

The judiciary in this country is completely out of control. No respect for the law!

lmao

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smiling Jack posted:

I dunno I had a Twilight 2000 campaign that was pretty insane

There is a difference between pretty insane with mutants (iirc you mentioned it once in the cold war thread) and just being goofy.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
OK Breitbart is fake news according to Bannon

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/15/media/steve-bannon-breitbart-matt-boyle-reince-priebus/index.html

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

I might actually have a laugh if Bannon seriously did not expect this sort of behavior out of his own business.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

the sith must constantly test themselves against each other, even if it means their destruction

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

FrozenVent posted:

Born in Taiwan, not eligible.

Betsy DeVos, though, eligible. But a whole lot of people would have to die.

I think the SecEd became pres in Y the Last Man. Or it might have been agriculture.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

MazelTovCocktail posted:

There is a difference between pretty insane with mutants (iirc you mentioned it once in the cold war thread) and just being goofy.

I ran that campaign 23 years ago :aaa:

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

People actually played Twilight 2000? Next you'll tell me they played RECON.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Dork stuff in the current events thread. Shame Cube.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

maffew buildings posted:

Mr. nice! said imagine a year ago thinking President Ryan being a possibility or something you want more than the current situation

He then unprompted listed southeast Asian countries he had not had relations with a he-she in. Short list

Seriously, though, it is disgusting to say and it really seemed unfathomable a year ago. I want everyone gone and President Paul Ryan is the most palatable outcome.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Lightning Lord posted:

People actually played Twilight 2000? Next you'll tell me they played RECON.

I used the fluff combined with modified West End Games rules for simplicity's sake, which was good because by the end of the campaign my players were dropping napalm on lovecraftian horrors from blimps

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Oh thank christ

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/832016501657968640

I think they are supposed to be serious in the pic, but then there's the thumbs up and Little Rubio (who does not have balls) smiling so idk

Maybe Mikey is just upset.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

A Handed Missus posted:

I think they are supposed to be serious in the pic, but then there's the thumbs up and Little Rubio (who does not have balls) smiling so idk

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smiling Jack posted:

I ran that campaign 23 years ago :aaa:

Well at you least got to play a TW2K game...finding people who want to play it is kind of hard. Did find a guy who converted it to GRUPS 4 though. TW2K and Shadowrun had the best source books though. Shadowrun ones are just legit fun to read as they did really nice world building for the whole Nueromance Lord of the Rings knock off that it was.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I usually ran campaigns based on West end game rules

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Smiling Jack posted:

I usually ran campaigns based on West end game rules

I don't know who Leopoldo Lopez is but Trump saying he should be released makes me think that he should be locked up for life.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

not caring here posted:

I don't know who Leopoldo Lopez is but Trump saying he should be released makes me think that he should be locked up for life.

go read his wiki profile then hopefully you feel like a shithead for saying that

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

A Handed Missus posted:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Zeroisanumber posted:

President Pro Tempore of the Senate takes over, which in this case would be Orrin Hatch.

That'd be some Escape From LA president level ~* Are Moral Fabric*~ garbage.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/832013102413660160

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/832013379124486148

welp

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Godholio posted:

Caught in Providence was one of the best things about living in that city.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

huh. i wonder why

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

go read his wiki profile then hopefully you feel like a shithead for saying that

Why would I do something that would make me feel bad?

#MAGA

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

does "not pursue charges" mean plea deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
"Tell us who else is loving compromised by the Russians and we won't saw your balls off."

• Locked thread