Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

I've had Glitterhoof on consecutive rulers. Try going mad more often.

Glitterhoof is actually pretty boring if you're not RPing, to be honest. Everyone hates him because he's a different culture and he has 0 Intrigue, so you can get him assassinated almost instantly with no effort.

Mine has never even lasted long enough to be assassinated. Every time that event fires for me, Glitterhoof dies of old age like a month later because of the big health penalty from the horse trait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Warhammer mod is gonna love this feature. Secret Chaos cults!

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Bloody Pom posted:

Oh wow, I hadn't thought of that and it's awesome.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Does anyone have a working link for CK2+? My googlefu is weak so I keep getting broken links/no permission.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Bloody Pom posted:

Anias posted:

Oh wow, I hadn't thought of that and it's awesome.

Elder Kings, too, with the Mythic Dawn and other Daedric cults. Some of them aren't so bad or frowned upon, some are. Those will be very cool.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Shbobdb posted:

Does anyone have a working link for CK2+? My googlefu is weak so I keep getting broken links/no permission.

It's on the Pdox forums.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
It keeps on showing up as forbidden when I follow the wiki link (yes, I registered an account) and searching the forums proper doesn't give a link. Following hotlinks I've found lead to "forbidden".

I live in the US, so I'm assuming it's not a Great Firewall type situation.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Shbobdb posted:

It keeps on showing up as forbidden when I follow the wiki link (yes, I registered an account) and searching the forums proper doesn't give a link. Following hotlinks I've found lead to "forbidden".

I live in the US, so I'm assuming it's not a Great Firewall type situation.

Add your ck2 key to your paradox forums account (or link it with your steam account). Most of the subforums under the main game forum are locked down unless you actually own the game.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Cool. Where would I find those things? I'm very new to Steam and frankly don't much care for it.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Go to your game library, right click on Crusader Kings 2, go to View CD Key. It should be near the top.

edit: at least the view CD key option should be near the top, the key in the list is probably at the bottom

Grinning Goblin fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Feb 14, 2017

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Are there any tricks to keeping my poo poo together when my ruler dies under one of the lovely inheritance laws, or is fratricide just how people roll?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Zombiepop posted:

Who will take over CK2? And will they grace this thread with their presence?

Doomdark, and no.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Geisladisk posted:

Are there any tricks to keeping my poo poo together when my ruler dies under one of the lovely inheritance laws, or is fratricide just how people roll?

Picks wives with little to no intrigue and assassinate them after they give you a decent son or two. You might be able to divorce them, but you might need a reason? I just assassinate them and get it over with.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just get a ton of kids and let them get titles wherever. Become the biggest dynasty of them all:getin:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

How much time is even left for CK2? We have to be at least what, 3-4 DLC into the remaining 5-6 DLC they had planned?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TOOT BOOT posted:

How much time is even left for CK2? We have to be at least what, 3-4 DLC into the remaining 5-6 DLC they had planned?

Isn't there another major expansion yet? I know the map is finalized, but I thought they said something about reapers due and monks and mystics being minor with another major one on the agenda.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

I'm pretty sure they said we're getting M&M, another big one, and another smaller one, and that's it. From there, we enjoy the endgame: getting to play whatever save you want without having to worry about it getting broken by the next patch.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Geisladisk posted:

You should have claims on their titles, and it's not fractricide if you just kill each other's peasantry for titles and put them in house arrest for the rest of their lives.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Speaking of murdering your family, is there a reliable way to get rid of the kinslayer trait? I thought if you bought absolution from the pope it'd disappear, but it seems like that's no longer the case?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Various Meat Products posted:

I'm pretty sure they said we're getting M&M, another big one, and another smaller one, and that's it. From there, we enjoy the endgame: waiting for Crusader Kings 3.

Fixed that for you.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
EU: Rome II. :getin:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Maybe they'll accidentally make another Victoria game that's actually fun.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/592800

quote:

On Valentine’s Day 2012, Paradox Development Studio and Paradox Interactive released Crusader Kings II, a game about Medieval conquest, intrigue, diplomacy, and faith. Over the last five years, Paradox has updated, supported and expanded Crusader Kings II and it continues to challenge the development team’s imagination. Over the last five years, the game has sold over a million copies, not counting the many hundreds of thousands of sales for the many expansions and cosmetic DLC.

Crusader Kings II launched Paradox Development Studio into a new era of popular success, demonstrating that broad and complex games about serious subjects could find a large audience. For half a decade, the game’s community has shared stories of world conquest, daring Crusades, accidental empires and soul-compromising sins.

Let’s be honest; there has been a lot of murder.

To mark this milestone, Paradox will dedicate much of 2017 to celebrating Crusader Kings II and its community. The first step in this year of modern medieval pageantry is to give away a free portrait pack to everyone that owns Crusader Kings II. This South Indian portrait pack will add more color and personality for those who fight for control of the great subcontinent.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Um, didn't they already give that away?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Oh yeah right, apparently they stopped giving it for people registering their Paradox account on 12/12/16, so everyone here probably had it already.

Not sure why the release date is 14 Feb, 2017.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Regifting is a time-honoured Valentine's tradition (that usually ends on the couch).

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

I even like that portrait pack and have set out to play a Dravidian several times only to remember that the subjugation casus belli is culture-group restricted and Indo-Aryan covers a much larger portion of India.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Kennel posted:

Oh yeah right, apparently they stopped giving it for people registering their Paradox account on 12/12/16, so everyone here probably had it already.

Not sure why the release date is 14 Feb, 2017.

It just auto-downloaded for me just then. I hadn't been logged into my account for a while, perhaps that's it.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Will we ever get UI scaling?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
The anniversary stream has a lot of cool stuff in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS65y-ocvhg

I won't have time to watch it all right now but man, did the map really reach that far into Siberia back then??

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Alchenar posted:

Will we ever get UI scaling?

Holy poo poo this, I love looking at the map thru a tiny sliver of screen space

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I was reading an old LP and it started in Ck1 and I forgot how dumb and busted that game was. Still had hundreds of hours in it tho.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Happy 5 years, CK2. You were exactly the game I wanted 5 years ago when I bought at release and I've been enjoying it ever since.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I swear I will start playing again soon and crack 1000 hours, my valentine game.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

The anniversary stream has a lot of cool stuff in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS65y-ocvhg

I won't have time to watch it all right now but man, did the map really reach that far into Siberia back then??
:lol:

quote:

I was focused on Stellaris and the team was left alone for a while. What did I see when I returned?

Glitterhoof.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A map update like this one is probably gonna break save games, right?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Technowolf posted:

A map update like this one is probably gonna break save games, right?

DLC always breaks saves.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh drat, when's the release date? Because l'm thiiiiiiiiis close to get my first game to 1453

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013

shut up blegum posted:

Oh drat, when's the release date? Because l'm thiiiiiiiiis close to get my first game to 1453

Announced in next weeks dev diary according to the stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

shut up blegum posted:

Post screens

• Locked thread