Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Office Surprise Store posted:

i mean i get what you're saying it just seems like a weird tangent when the original make fun of thing is "women only ever "love" men because men have used the power of the patriarchy to make them think they do" which is uh, i mean, yikes

I'LL MAKE FUN OF WHOEVER I WANT YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD

GOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

spacetoaster posted:

I'm not catholic, but don't nuns choose to become nuns and wear that stuff? I've been in muslim countries and watched women being legally beaten for not wearing their burkas and stuff so I'm not sure that the two are really comparable.

well sure but I don't think nuns would wear their bikini tops in muslim countries

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

I'LL MAKE FUN OF WHOEVER I WANT YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD

GOD

stop playing slayer at maximum volume. the neighbors are going to complain. when are you going to get a job.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

spacetoaster posted:

I'm not catholic, but don't nuns choose to become nuns and wear that stuff? I've been in muslim countries and watched women being legally beaten for not wearing their burkas and stuff so I'm not sure that the two are really comparable.

unless ur talking about the muslim country of america idk what ur talking about cuz thats the nyc subway

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

unless ur talking about the muslim country of america idk what ur talking about cuz thats the nyc subway

ah, you don't seem to be familiar with our last president, barack HUSSEIN obama

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BexGu posted:

Doesn't listen to a overweight white women or a black women? Guess that makes your a Trump supporter!

Guys, we need to talk: Its time to pack it in for Valentine's day and just be gay

https://twitter.com/TheSafestSpace/status/831493340617125888

https://twitter.com/TheSafestSpace/status/831380787102699521

jesus, the first one sounds like MRA/incell poo poo but reversed. the other one is just wrong, valentines lovey dovy stuff has been around since chauser. i think these people are only angry about valintines day is the same reason the incels are. they are bitter and alone or just weird autistic sociopaths who just never drop it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Office Surprise Store posted:

stop playing slayer at maximum volume. the neighbors are going to complain. when are you going to get a job.

*gets forty facial piercing and links them all with a chain that eventually goes down to my wallet*

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/13/david-duke-gives-ringing-endorsement-to-keith-elli/

david dukes figured it out sadly. all he has to do an "endorse" a real progressive and the IDpols will go bugfuck and try to tear elison apart.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Only liberals would be scared of the Nation of Islam while simultaneously supporting Black Lives Matter

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

could also be that adele is a better artist :^)
adele has a great singing voice that she wastes by singing exclusively about her boyfriend breaking up with her years ago

Dapper_Swindler posted:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/13/david-duke-gives-ringing-endorsement-to-keith-elli/

david dukes figured it out sadly. all he has to do an "endorse" a real progressive and the IDpols will go bugfuck and try to tear elison apart.
somebody already posted a tweet, here or somewhere else, where an identity-focused neolib dem lumped in ellison with "white supremacist" democrats that just so happen to be progressive. that's only going to increase over the next 10 days

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

spacetoaster posted:

That's why it's such a hot take.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

adele has a great singing voice that she wastes by singing exclusively about her boyfriend breaking up with her years ago

somebody already posted a tweet, here or somewhere else, where an identity-focused neolib dem lumped in ellison with "white supremacist" democrats that just so happen to be progressive. that's only going to increase over the next 10 days

I think the thing that sucks about neoliberals who are in high places is that they really gently caress over the good will of a lot of the people who are truly out to help out others.

Like I doubt that a lot of Hillary supporters were against the sort of policies that say someone to the left of Hillary was for. A lot of us were on the same page pre-election 2016 on quite a few things. The problem with these politicians, media figures and what have you is they take advantage of people wanting to be compassionate and often times stab them in the back as a result.

It creates division and for what? So that things can remain the status quo?

I sincerely doubt that someone who voted for HRC in the primary would even remotely fall into that category, and I'm sure there will be a few goons ITT who can confirm it to me.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

republicans want to turn the country into a russian client state and the first thing neoliberals do is attack progressives for racsexism

why do people not realize these obvious collaborators

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

republicans want to turn the country into a russian client state and the first thing neoliberals do is attack progressives for racsexism

why do people not realize these obvious collaborators

because they are puritan idiots and also their are enough fiscal lefties who buy into their bullshit rhetoric so they don't call them out for it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

here in New York, there's a caucus of eight Democratic state senators who help preserve Republican control of the state senate, and three of them (one white man who's the leader of the caucus, one Latina woman, and one black, West Indian-descent man) have accused its critics of racism. it owns

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/business/pewdiepie-youtube-disney.html?_r=0

people who are nazis:
a gay jewish dude
a Swedish youtuber
a half iranian youtuber

people who are not nazis:
a fat dumpy dude who literally advocates eugenics

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Spinning Robo posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/business/pewdiepie-youtube-disney.html?_r=0

people who are nazis:
a gay jewish dude
a Swedish youtuber
a half iranian youtuber

people who are not nazis:
a fat dumpy dude who literally advocates eugenics

I think someone kinda nailed it a while back...that you're giving these dweeds wayyyyy too much credit by calling them nazis.

Now are their shitheads from pol that do horrible poo poo like doxx people and say horrible poo poo? Yeah. That's not a question...and I think we need to look into combating this problem somehow. That being said...goddamn, what a bunch of dorks.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/832011012018728960

gee thanks for giving me a reason to tune into a show I either groan at or don't bother to watch, Jeremy.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

FuzzySkinner posted:

gee thanks for giving me a reason to tune into a show I either groan at or don't bother to watch, Jeremy.

fine but youre only hurting yourself

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Guy Who Has Covered PMCs and Dirty Wars: "I'm not gonna go on a show to talk with a gay brit who will do nothing but pretend he's a scandalous counter-culture agitator for saying transsexuals are ugly and we should kick out immigrants"

You, A Bold Poster: "WELL I GUESS I GOTTA WATCH IT"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Guy Who Has Covered PMCs and Dirty Wars: "I'm not gonna go on a show to talk with a gay brit who will do nothing but pretend he's a scandalous counter-culture agitator for saying transsexuals are ugly and we should kick out immigrants"

You, A Bold Poster: "WELL I GUESS I GOTTA WATCH IT"

milo's whole schtick is "im persecuted by the ~tolerant left~ so unless someone just clocks him right when he gets on stage the only result will be the alt-right and bill maher fans :smug:ing at eachother how owned the other group is

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Shouldn't a dude who's covered PMCs and Dirty Wars be able to out debate and not fall for the gotcha traps of a gay brit who will do nothing but pretend he's a scandalous counter-culture agitator?

Part of the reason Milo keeps getting attention is because he faces off against screechy loons that don't do their homework. I figure some one with Scahill background would be able to school Milo like Van Jones was able to in that Carl the Cuck Slayer video. Seem kind of like a whiny tap out.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Al! posted:

fine but youre only hurting yourself

eh, on 2nd thought maybe I'll just wait till it pops up on youtube, but the point still stands.

smacking down guys like Milo, Piers Morgan should be like shooting fish in a barrel quite honestly. I don't understand this mindset. Christ Milo's claimed things like that historically "lesbians were never a thing". That's just an easy thing to pick off and run for a touchdown, yet people don't just nail him on that.,

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

BexGu posted:

Shouldn't a dude who's covered PMCs and Dirty Wars be able to out debate and not fall for the gotcha traps of a gay brit who will do nothing but pretend he's a scandalous counter-culture agitator?

Part of the reason Milo keeps getting attention is because he faces off against screechy loons that don't do their homework. I figure some one with Scahill background would be able to school Milo like Van Jones was able to in that Carl the Cuck Slayer video. Seem kind of like a whiny tap out.

your assuming milo argues in good faith

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

Real Time is generally pretty good, I don't care for Maher's comedy bits, but I think he works well in the same way John Oliver does, as a kinda funny guy often calling out bullshit, Oliver's stuff is more straightforwardly informative usually, but I like Maher's interviews and debates and he's generally a pretty good moderator.

I haven't seen it for probably half a year though so I don't know if it turned bad or not in that time though.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Milo's great if only because he can stir up a hurricane of rage by just saying something stupid

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

spit on my clit posted:

Milo's great if only because he can stir up a hurricane of rage by just saying something stupid

If Berkeley is any indication he doesn't have to say anything at all.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Agean90 posted:

your assuming milo argues in good faith

Of course he doesn't! But doesn't mean his poo poo can't be knocked around. Check out how Van Jones handles a dude from Infowars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO-0i6jWe1U

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

BexGu posted:

Of course he doesn't! But doesn't mean his poo poo can't be knocked around. Check out how Van Jones handles a dude from Infowars

Van Jones is pretty awesome.

After the election where he had the "Whitelash" comment, he actually interviewed people that voted for Trump to better understand them. Not a lot of his collegues in the mainstream press bothered to do that. To me that shows his character is a quite a bit better than a lot of mainstream dems right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU_y4z0dmaQ

We really could use more guys like him with mainstream access.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

i was gonna ask why the hell anyone should even watch Real Time but apparently it was responsible for Jim Jeffries telling Piers Morgan to gently caress off

speaking of which, the guy who wrote a defense of civility against Jim Jeffries can also gently caress off

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

i was gonna ask why the hell anyone should even watch Real Time but apparently it was responsible for Jim Jeffries telling Piers Morgan to gently caress off

speaking of which, the guy who wrote a defense of civility against Jim Jeffries can also gently caress off

Ripping on Piers Morgan should be encouraged.

Jeffries did it a helluva lot better than Patton has been doing.

also Peter Dacau tears.

https://twitter.com/SusanSarandon/status/832073616346980354

It's time we as a country unite and make fun of shitheads like Dacau, Deray, Piers Morgan and others.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

BexGu posted:

Very true, plus another alt-righter showed up on the Joe rogan show and apparently had trouble keeping up with a drug-out meathead so I may be overestimating his ability to respond to being called out on being a poo poo head in a less crowded environment.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Agean90 posted:

Very true, plus another alt-righter showed up on the Joe rogan show and apparently had trouble keeping up with a drug-out meathead so I may be overestimating his ability to respond to being called out on being a poo poo head in a less crowded environment.

The problem is that Milo is very experienced with live show/interview/round table discussions so it would take some one with a decent amount of data/facts/research and a personality to really show him up. Milo lives on running circles around people that are either unprepared, thinking their the smartest person in the room and/or believe their cause is so just and right that no person could possible think otherwise.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

BexGu posted:

The problem is that Milo is very experienced with live show/interview/round table discussions so it would take some one with a decent amount of data/facts/research and a personality to really show him up. Milo lives on running circles around people that are either unprepared, thinking their the smartest person in the room and/or believe their cause is so just and right that no person could possible think otherwise.

He's been able to run circles around people who are making bad points that have been around for a long time by either refuting things properly(like the wage gap stuff) or by reasonably poopooing the perspective the other person is arguing from.

I don't recall him losing any serious arguments, and it's probably because he picks his battles and goes for things that have pretty soundly been won by other people already with him just reiterating points. I don't expect that we'll see him get trounced by anyone because he's not likely to argue a position that would be easily refuted in the first place.

As people have said his religious views are his only real "weak point" and on that he's pretty much just said "it's messy/I'm still working it out" so it's not like people can really get him on that, either.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
it's you

I'm mocking you

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
in fact I'm doing it right now