Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This can use Bluetooth earbuds, right.

Unrelated: I'd like a recommendation for a very clandestine Bluetooth earbuds with at least 4 hours of battery life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Inzombiac posted:

Unrelated: I'd like a recommendation for a very clandestine Bluetooth earbuds with at least 4 hours of battery life.

I went looking for this information the other day and the closest I got was "well the wifi chip is one of those wifi+bluetooth combo deals" but that doesn't mean the software supports it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Lodin posted:

No it loving won't. Look at this god drat travesty of a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoPUYg57olA

Now let's look at Breath of Fire 6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqXc4C6rGiI

Still a bigger travesty. :colbert:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It looks less like Fantasy Life 2 and more like Fantasy Life for phones.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rexroom posted:

You're right. It's a software thing. And so far nothing suggests that an emulator is capable of running Wii U games at acceptable levels on the Switch.

its not software are you loving high lol

VideoGames posted:

The backwards compatibility part comes from having the same hardware within the console/handheld

this is nothing to do with hardware similarity though

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also even if it was the switch is still arm like nintendo handhelds have been for a while

also even if it was a different architecture this wouldnt be the first time theyve changed it and they kept backwards compatibility last time because its irrelevant to how backwards compatibility is achieved

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

should have put a 2ds player in the dock and taken out all the motion aids

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What if on release day, they say "Hey, try putting a 3DS cartridge in your Switch." Then when you do, the screen says "Backwards compatibility is dead, get over it." Then your Switch bricks.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

What if on release day, they say "Hey, try putting a 3DS cartridge in your Switch." Then when you do, the screen says "Backwards compatibility is dead, get over it." Then your Switch bricks.

What actually happens is worse, it deletes your file on Melee

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lodin posted:

No it loving won't. Look at this god drat travesty of a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoPUYg57olA

My eyes hurt from the slideshow

Inzombiac posted:

I found the LG Tone Pros to be quite awesome, but it involves a small ring that sits on your shoulders.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Now let's look at Breath of Fire 6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqXc4C6rGiI

Still a bigger travesty. :colbert:

Yup, this is way worse.

SplitScreenGamer
Feb 16, 2017

Bringing back the fun of local multiplayer gaming!
The Switch has to have one of the worst launch line ups in recent history. Here's hoping some good 3rd party games come out soon after.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

SplitScreenGamer posted:

The Switch has to have one of the worst launch line ups in recent history. Here's hoping some good 3rd party games come out soon after.

Dude do you remember the 3DS launch? poo poo was dire.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I preordered an idea machine, not an entertainment machine

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SplitScreenGamer posted:

look to q4 2018 for that stuff at the earliest

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

That Ghost Recon game was pretty decent

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

Metroid Prime Pinball made up for the other stinkers.

Edit: Thought you meant the OG DS.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SplitScreenGamer posted:

It's coming out with a Zelda you goofball

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Switch launch isn't amazing but it's no N64 launch in terms of quantity. N64 launched in the US with Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64 and that was it.

Funny enough the WiiU probably had one of the best launches in launch history. Lots of ports, sure, but 34 games available on launch day. (Of course this didn't mean sales were guaranteed but that's not my point here)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Uh the Wii launched with the entire gamecube library.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/W8gOiCqgBFg

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
There will never be a system launch worse than the 3DS which had nothing until OoT 3D three months later. And for non remakes, you had to wait until November/December for Mario/Mario Kart

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FPzero posted:

Switch launch isn't amazing but it's no N64 launch in terms of quantity. N64 launched in the US with Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64 and that was it.

Funny enough the WiiU probably had one of the best launches in launch history. Lots of ports, sure, but 34 games available on launch day. (Of course this didn't mean sales were guaranteed but that's not my point here)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games

mario 64 was a must play industry changing game. zelda botw is gonna be good but its impact is certainly going to be less revolutionary.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cojawfee posted:

Uh the Wii launched with the entire gamecube library.

The Wii launched with Wii Sports. Everything else was just icing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

mario 64 was a must play industry changing game. zelda botw is gonna be good but its impact is certainly going to be less revolutionary.

it changed the industry so much that modern mario is closer to crash bandicoot than mario 64

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
If the Switch would launch with a Wonderful 101 sequel it would be the best launch ever and never rivaled

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

What a video of a guy talkin about the switch.
Heres a better one with like no views!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pktnfgWkR4

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
So Zelda DLC probably means Mario DLC, but he's already got a new hat, what would it even be?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Junkie Disease posted:

What a video of a guy talkin about the switch.
Heres a better one with like no views!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pktnfgWkR4

...More the point was, at least in Australia, Nintendo seems to not be shipping any units for a month after launch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

So Zelda DLC probably means Mario DLC, but he's already got a new hat, what would it even be?

a balaclava.
terrorists win.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah, I'm not trying to diminish SM64's legacy. But when people talk about launches, there are multiple metrics that can be used to make any number of points. N64 had a paltry launch in terms of different games that were available, but the two games were both high quality. WiiU had a huge number of games but the quality of each went from high to low. So what makes a good launch? Quantity? Quality? Has any system ever had a good launch?

Switch's launch doesn't look much worse than some of the other console/handheld launches on that page. It has The Big Game with Zelda and then a few other games playing to nostalgia, kids, and casual markets. Would it be better with another high profile 1st party title releasing at the same time? Sure it would. The launch isn't fantastic, but it's not the worst launch in history or anything.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Does the Nintendo Switch have some feature I don't know about where you can play two different games at once or is it still only one at a time?

Curious why people need like 30 games on launch day.

Oh wait, I forgot, people hoard video games now and don't play them.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Real hurthling! posted:

a balaclava.
terrorists win.

Mama mia!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Cartoon Man posted:

Edit: Thought you meant the OG DS.

Ping Pals was certainty a tragedy. Somehow they didn't find out that Pictochat was included inside every DS system until it was too late to cancel the game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Play through the game as Luigi.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Think y'all need more no view switch vids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0whVVpGaaZY
This ones a speech!

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Remember the Wii U launch day shock of how drat smooth the disc edges were? What random surprise with the Switch hold for us?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bird Law posted:

Remember the Wii U launch day shock of how drat smooth the disc edges were? What random surprise with the Switch hold for us?

I still run my fingers on those edges when I put one in

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is Snipperclips a download only?
I don't see any box versions.