Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Rebirth is pretty stable honestly, I don't think I've ever managed to crash it through breaking a game. You need Flash Isaac for that authentic experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Rebirth is pretty stable honestly, I don't think I've ever managed to crash it through breaking a game. You need Flash Isaac for that authentic experience

I have, via spawning infinite objects on a 100+ item build. It's quantity not size that seems to destroy this game. Maybe if I got a gold bomb and filled the room completely it would have crashed?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Try taking in ~50 items into the void at the same time. The game pretty much just goes "what the gently caress I'm done with this" and crashes, restarts the level and takes the void away from you :saddowns:

From a previous post but this was right before I crashed it.

flyboi fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 15, 2017

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

remember the good old day of flash Isaac when using a health up pill would take away your chance for a devil deal?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yeah the only time I see Rebirth crash is when I go buckwild with Jera in the first room of the chest. That and about every other floor when I'm playing Antibirth.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

Yeah the only time I see Rebirth crash is when I go buckwild with Jera in the first room of the chest. That and about every other floor when I'm playing Antibirth.

Isaac/Ab+ is really stable these days and Antibirth is the one that crashes a lot, which is another reason why Antibirth is a more authentic Binding of Isaac experience.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

BoI Rebirth will still crash if a bomb explodes next to the chest that appears after defeating Satan and kills you while sending you on to the dark room to respawn with an extra life.

This happened to me twice while doing my rerun unlocks.

Luckily, you just restart at the beginning of the Dark Room.

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.

flyboi posted:

Try taking in ~50 items into the void at the same time. The game pretty much just goes "what the gently caress I'm done with this" and crashes, restarts the level and takes the void away from you :saddowns:

From a previous post but this was right before I crashed it.

That's cause you voided a Forget Me Now. The other items are irrelevant

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

comingafteryouall posted:

remember the good old day of flash Isaac when using a health up pill would take away your chance for a devil deal?

Remember there not being a cap on soul hearts and being able to Guppy's Paw up to like 30?

Anyway, gently caress Delirium with Lost and Keeper. I haven't gotten a Gnawed Lead in like two weeks of attempts.
I lost track of the days for dedication but I think that pops this Friday for me, I feel like these three have been the only big "chore" achievements.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't really mind the Lost as much anymore after playing the Keeper so much. Flying, free devil deals, free curse rooms, ect.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I think it was before Afterbirth.

E: nah, there are some Afterbirth items.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cryohazard posted:

Ipecac and Dr Fetus both reduce bomb damage by half a heart, so you get both and suddenly you're immune.
Digging up this post from a month ago with a dumb question: If I pick up both of these (or anything else that works similarly) on The Lost, do I become immune to explosions? Asking for a friend named Ultra Greed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goddamn. I just had a real bullshit run.
The only thing that managed to get me through was having Daddy Long Legs and Gnawed Leaf.

I just we AFK for each boss fight.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Digging up this post from a month ago with a dumb question: If I pick up both of these (or anything else that works similarly) on The Lost, do I become immune to explosions? Asking for a friend named Ultra Greed.

You are immune to your own tears only. You need Pyromaniac or Host Hat to gain immunity to all explosions.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Guess who finally got It's The Key? gently caress yes, suck my unsatisfying penis, game!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Fetus posted:

You are immune to your own tears only. You need Pyromaniac or Host Hat to gain immunity to all explosions.
Well, gently caress. I can beat Greed, but I can't do two fights in a row because I suck too much. What am I missing from this list of tolerable ways to do it? To cut down on resets, I mean.

Basically, I figure I aim for any of:
-Plan C
-Chaos Card (bonus points for Blank Card to kill both phases)
-Pyromaniac
-Host Hat
-Gnawed Leaf + orbiter

I have heard that Little Horn or Euthanasia can kill it in statue form between the two phases, but I haven't ever seen it happen - mostly because I never get those runs with infinite pills and thus high enough luck to get the proc before he breaks out. Are there other strats that don't suck?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Such incredibly high damage you kill him before damage scaling kicks in

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

AnonSpore posted:

Such incredibly high damage you kill him before damage scaling kicks in
You can do that? What does it take, Ipecac+Brimstone or something outrageous? I know Ipecac is a flat +40 to damage so I assume that's an important component.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Well, gently caress. I can beat Greed, but I can't do two fights in a row because I suck too much. What am I missing from this list of tolerable ways to do it? To cut down on resets, I mean.

Basically, I figure I aim for any of:
-Plan C
-Chaos Card (bonus points for Blank Card to kill both phases)
-Pyromaniac
-Host Hat
-Gnawed Leaf + orbiter

I have heard that Little Horn or Euthanasia can kill it in statue form between the two phases, but I haven't ever seen it happen - mostly because I never get those runs with infinite pills and thus high enough luck to get the proc before he breaks out. Are there other strats that don't suck?

As much as I hate to say this, you gotta git gud.

If you can handle form 1, you should be able to handle form 2, he has less attacks and doesn't clutter the room as much, the real is the poo poo that comes from the ceiling with very little tells.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You can do that? What does it take, Ipecac+Brimstone or something outrageous? I know Ipecac is a flat +40 to damage so I assume that's an important component.

I don't remember, I just had tears the size of the room that obscured my sight for about 10 seconds by which point he was long dead

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Alteisen posted:

As much as I hate to say this, you gotta git gud.

If you can handle form 1, you should be able to handle form 2, he has less attacks and doesn't clutter the room as much, the real is the poo poo that comes from the ceiling with very little tells.
Form 1 is definitely harder than form 2, but the drat jumps and then poo poo from the ceiling is the combo that always gets me.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you mean the rain of bombs after he jumps, those just follow the same path as the jump with a slight delay. Don't get between his origin and his landing point and they won't be anywhere near you

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ayn Randi posted:

If you mean the rain of bombs after he jumps, those just follow the same path as the jump with a slight delay. Don't get between his origin and his landing point and they won't be anywhere near you
I knew that - it's dodging those (really more breaking my reflex to just go to where the enemy jumped from, which is my general behavior) and then the random crap drops and explodes and, eventually, I gently caress up and die.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I did a few Lost runs yesterday before I beat Mega Satan.

I do think that the Lost is fun (since it got Holy Mantle -- the D4 is indeed useless), but going for Mega Satan with the Lost is difficult because you have to depend on the RNG even when you try to do everything to maximize the chances of getting the Angel Rooms. Which mainly is turning down deals with the devil and donating +10 cents to the donation machine on the floor (hoping you will get those and not the other type that rerolls the items and that it will not jam. I think there are also trinkets and items that increase the chance of an angel room... but for example The Bible does not seem to be one of those, or the rosary. I did get Eucharist in one of the (failed) runs, which seems to guarantee you only get deals with the Angel, and I got it in Womb I from an Angel Room just in time to get the second key piece..

At least, you don't have to rush to get to the Hush fight or whatever, when going for Mega Satan, which is more relaxing, and my kind of fun with the game.

Anyway, my three most prominent runs were:
1. Host hat with Kamikaze (which I got in the Cathedral in a crawl space). This did not seem to hurt me (although the wiki does not meantion this synergy), but also the damage was limited. I had a good build, but ultimately died in a room on the Chest (I think double Cages).

2. Ipecac and magic mashroom, purity and a few smaller damage ups along with pay-to-play and 99 cents (and lucky rock). This, I was sure I was going to melt Mega Satan with. I got the first key piece early, but then I got a black market with mostly garbage items, and I stupidly thought, "these are not deals with the devil, let's take the compass -- which I really did not need". And of course that ruined any change to get an Angel Room for the rest of the run. Note here that the loving game never once spawned a portal for the Void for that Lost Build, which had serious chances to beat the Delirium.

3. I started with the Pact due to Eden's Blessing from a previous run. I got Tech-X in Cellar II (so at least we know you can still get it on the second floor), and in spite of the donation machine jamming early and getting no Devil or Angel rooms for whatever reason past the first Devil room which I turned down, I found the golden teleport and forced my way into those... The game also gave me Guppy from random chests (with 9 lives in the Womb I think, which came useful because I died to the second Angel and at the first encounter with Mega Satan). That was fun though. The code for this was: JX4X-247D

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Today's daily has brimstone maws in it if you clear the Satan's level if you are needing them for your beast book. It is an Azazel run so it isn't that hard.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

AlexJade posted:

Today's daily has brimstone maws in it if you clear the Satan's level if you are needing them for your beast book. It is an Azazel run so it isn't that hard.
It also has Dark Bum in the Basement 2 item room. "Isn't that hard" is an understatement.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Tofu Injection posted:

That's cause you voided a Forget Me Now. The other items are irrelevant

Even without the forget me now which I had moved the game crashed

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It also has Dark Bum in the Basement 2 item room. "Isn't that hard" is an understatement.
You can also break the run very easily. Shop Key drops early, then there's a Restock in one of the shops. Then in Depths 1, there's a Steam Sale from Greed in the secret room, and Diplopia in the shop on the same floor. Infinite items. But even if you miss out on Diplopia/Steam Sale like I did, you can get Blank Card + 2 of Diamonds on that floor instead (buy Deck of Cards when it shows up).

There's also an opportunity for infinite meat cubes after doing the above. I had Blank Card + Lover's Card + 2 of Diamonds, with Dark Bum for infinite soul hearts in the shop on Depths 2. I got Converter and Potato Peeler in that shop as well, so I could make as many meat cubes as I wanted. It was pretty great to roll into a room with an army of 7 Super Meat Boys.

I eventually traded the 2 of Diamonds for a Jera to get even more items later, but it hardly mattered at that point.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ugh I may have to just bite the bullet and re-buy this game for PC. I've been playing on the PS4 and have a decent amount of the Rebirth + Afterbirth items unlocked, but the game also crashes all the time (especially in shops for some reason) and when I load back in I have to replay a whole floor. I really don't want to start from scratch but this is getting to be a real pain. Does BOI ever go on sale?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Ninth Layer posted:

Ugh I may have to just bite the bullet and re-buy this game for PC. I've been playing on the PS4 and have a decent amount of the Rebirth + Afterbirth items unlocked, but the game also crashes all the time (especially in shops for some reason) and when I load back in I have to replay a whole floor. I really don't want to start from scratch but this is getting to be a real pain. Does BOI ever go on sale?

All the time.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
It feels really, really good to be able to complete the post-it by exploiting Victory Laps. Death's Touch + Dead Onion + Quad Shot + 20/20 + Conjoined + Bookworm + Guppy + Damage stat over 30 = I can't even SEE Delirium under all those giant brown scythes but I know I killed it insanely fast.

Need to take care of everyone before they patch this out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait that works? That sounds like an easy way to complete the ZIP achievement.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

RatHat posted:

I did this like a week ago. Now I'm just trying to finish off The Lost's sticky. Just got to beat Delirium.

My hint for that: Make sure you go angel path as soon as you can. As soon as you do a devil deal, you're locked out forever. Even for the following runs. I have the extra GUI up, and it never increases from 0% after finished runs.

I'm just hoping for a run that I can make it to the Lost with Holy Mantle, Lost Contact, and a high rate of fire. Then I'll speed to Hush (fun fact, if your damage is high enough, he can't even attack!) and never touch that character again (until I try Greed/Super Greed!).

Then I'll do it again, and try to get the remote until I'm Keeper! :smithicide: I'm getting so sick of Victory Laps!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

Yep. You just have to quit out and restart the game and it sort of forgets that it's not supposed to count the wins toward anything.

Doesn't work for It's The Key though. If you picked up hearts/coins/bombs in a previous lap, you're still hosed.

IUG posted:

I did this like a week ago. Now I'm just trying to finish off The Lost's sticky. Just got to beat Delirium.

I'm dreading Lost and Keeper (more Keeper though). I was debating on if I should just keep going with my laps until I transformed since I had Holy Mantle, but I didn't wanna chance the game stripping that away or some of my more important items and then me losing out on ANY chance of clearing Delirium.

I figure my best bet for Lost is to wait for the planets to align so I can consume a Missing Poster and become invincible. As for Keeper... yeah Remote sounds pretty good. :(

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 16, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I don't recommend taking the D6 with Void. It acts very strangely and sometimes items just disappear.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

FYI angel precedent is actually possible on victory laps.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
I got duality for my victory laps and could pick and choose whatever room I wanted :) got the zip on a 13 minutes run. I almost got it on my initial run before victory lap actually! Hit dark chest with 17 minutes but didn't have anything to read the map with so I couldn't find lambhead fast enough.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Jamesman posted:

Yep. You just have to quit out and restart the game and it sort of forgets that it's not supposed to count the wins toward anything.

Doesn't work for It's The Key though. If you picked up hearts/coins/bombs in a previous lap, you're still hosed.

I'm dreading Lost and Keeper (more Keeper though). I was debating on if I should just keep going with my laps until I transformed since I had Holy Mantle, but I didn't wanna chance the game stripping that away or some of my more important items and then me losing out on ANY chance of clearing Delirium.

I figure my best bet for Lost is to wait for the planets to align so I can consume a Missing Poster and become invincible. As for Keeper... yeah Remote sounds pretty good. :(

It's easy, just a little time consuming (and tedious). By the time you transform into Lost on a rerun, you should already be transformed into Guppy, have the Holy Mantle, and have Super Bum converting all your stuff. You should be able to buy everything in the shop, and can easily infinitly reroll everything infinitely. You should be able to "press button, kill entire room" by the time you start, and kill boss right away. Hell, I even killed Hush so fast, he never got to attack. As soon as he popped up, I damaged him enough that he went back into the ground before he could fire a single tear. I got so powerful with Mega Satan that I crashed the game from all my jumbo sized Godhead shots turning the screen yellow until the app was having no more of it. I don't think I've ever crashed the game before.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

todays update made me install some microsoft redistributable gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I have yet to find that loving broken Grimace that shows up in The Womb. This game hates me. :smith: