Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Lol no. twinkies are a lot of things but dry isn't one of them. they're like a half-breath away from feeling like they were just soaked in vegetable oil

That's because the whipped filling is an emulsified oil product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Of course my favorite Little Debbie snack are the Nutty Bars (which I think they call something else on the west coast).

Nutty Buddies!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

CommonShore posted:

That's because the whipped filling is an emulsified oil product.

yeah, it's basically a buttercream but made with shortening

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Nutty buddies are PB sandwich cookies. Nutty bars are PB-filled cookie bars enrobed in chocolate.

Nutty bars were a middle school staple for me. Those things are great.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wafer, not cookie. Also Little Debbie lists them as Buddies so who knows.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Little Debbie is superior over Hostess. Nutty Buddies and Fudge Rounds are the best. Also good are PB Crunch Bars, Oatmeal Cream Pies, Swiss Rolls, Strawberry Shortcake Rolls, Cocoa Cremes and Devil Cremes, Chocolate Cupcakes, and if your mom really loved you and they were on sale, Frosted Fudge Cakes. All the Little Debbie stuff is good, that's just what I remember best from growing up. The only thing on that list i've had in the last 20 years is Nutty Buddies. PB Ritchies must be new, because I am a peanut butter feind from way back, and from what I see it's basically just a chocolate peanutbutter twinkie, and I would shank someone RIGHT NOW for one.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

theres a will theres moe posted:

Nutty buddies are PB sandwich cookies.

Nutter Butters.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
oh god I had forgotten nutter butters existed. and how much I loved them. you loving cuntspigots are going to make me gain 10 pounds :(

unrelated, I have been redoing my kitchen over the past two weeks. converted from some godawful 70s color schemes we inherited when we bought our house, to some modern tile, backsplash, I installed a 1200CFM external blower vent hood, replaced our fridge with one of those fancy rear end samsung 4 door ones today - poo poo looks nice as hell. I'll post a before/after pic eventually. #swagout

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

OMGVBFLOL posted:

yeah, it's basically a buttercream but made with shortening

Mmm, that sure sounds appetising!

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
This Hershey bar seemed more like a bar of soap. Thank god for the Oreo pieces.

The Cheetos have been reliable so far though.

I'm struggling a bit with the pop tarts because they are surprisingly sweet. Like eating jam out of a jar. Also two of them is too much for a single meal so I got folded singles packs all over now.

Dejawesp fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Feb 16, 2017

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

therattle posted:

It's more or less a hybrid of the stuff inside oreos and the stuff inside cheapo spray whipped topping.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CommonShore posted:

It's more or less a hybrid of the stuff inside oreos and the stuff inside cheapo spray whipped topping.

Someone asked earlier how cake and cream could be bad. How about if they are made with disgusting cheap ingredients and packed full of preservatives and emulsifiers?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

therattle posted:

Someone asked earlier how cake and cream could be bad. How about if they are made with disgusting cheap ingredients and packed full of preservatives and emulsifiers?

yes because the machine you're raging against is a tight cabal of ruthless pro-twinkie propagandists

all i said was

OMGVBFLOL posted:

twinkies are fine. it's hard to not like greasy-rear end too-moist-to-be-real cake on some level

cool your outrage homie

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Of course my favorite Little Debbie snack are the Nutty Bars (which I think they call something else on the west coast).

Ugggghhhh, these are my drat Achilles heel. I eat them under ice cream :gonk:

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Had a fat person dream last night.

I was at the store buying snacks and I kept trying to grab various pastries (some were broken some weren't) filled with chocolate chips and jerky, but every time I grabbed one it became harder and harder to hold all of them for some reason and they'd eventually fall apart. I somehow ate two chocolate cupcakes on the way to the register and felt really bad about it.

Let this be a warning.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

GWS General Chat: Twinkie and Taco Bell Apologist Assembly

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Well I haven't had Frito pie in i don't know how long but I know what I'm gonna make this weekend.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

speaking of taco bell, a beefy frito burrito on their value menu is basically a beanless frito pie with rice wrapped in a tortilla. a frito handpie if you will.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Did taco bell invent the choco taco?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Croatoan posted:

Well I haven't had Frito pie in i don't know how long but I know what I'm gonna make this weekend.

I'm going to throw one together today for lunch at work. A coworker from Texas approves of this thought.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Did taco bell invent the choco taco?

3rd party product sold by Taco Bell I believe. There used to be a gas station around here that had them in the ice cream display.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
They're made by Breyers.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

OMGVBFLOL posted:

yes because the machine you're raging against is a tight cabal of ruthless pro-twinkie propagandists

all i said was

cool your outrage homie

No, you cool your outrage over my outrage! Was I that outraged? Anyway, I was responding to this:

Dejawesp posted:

I wouldn't buy one but I would have one if it was served and I had something to drink with it.

I don't get how twinkies can't be good. It's literally sponge cake with cream filling. Failure should be impossible.

:colbert:

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Mr. Wiggles posted:

They're made by Breyers.

My favorite part of the Choco Taco wiki article: Serving temperature Cold

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Cinnamon pop tarts were delicious.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Nutter Butters are a nabisco cookie. Beware of the Nutty pitfalls of american snack food!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dejawesp posted:

Cinnamon pop tarts were delicious.

Yep. Brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts are the best pop tart.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Those pop-tart commercials are mean spirited. They just want to live out their lives as pop-tart people. Let the rabbit have his loving cereal holy poo poo

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Yep. Brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts are the best pop tart.

I could not agree with this more. I have some store-brand knockoff ones in my pantry right now and enjoyed them last night.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

therattle posted:

No, you cool your outrage over my outrage! Was I that outraged? Anyway, I was responding to this:

:colbert:

sorry, i just get so God Dam worked up aboyt Hostess brand snack products

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Most pop-tarts don't interest me, but the pumpkin pop-tart is an elusive but a worthy quarry.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Pop Rocks > Pop Tarts.

Discuss.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

OMGVBFLOL posted:

sorry, i just get so God Dam worked up aboyt Hostess brand snack products

Well, that's perfectly understandable.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Pop Rocks > Pop Tarts.

Discuss.

Pop Rock Tarts

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Pop Rocks > Pop Tarts.

Discuss.

Well, they have wildly different applications. One of them has a bread component.

FishBulb posted:

Pop Rock Tarts

Quickly, into the time machine! Set it for 1996 Nickelodeon Studios Merchandising department, we got and idea the kids will go crazy for!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

FishBulb posted:

Pop Rock Tarts

Excellent av/text/post synergy

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

theres probably a tie in with that crispy crackly version of gak they had for a minute

floam i think

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Suspect Bucket posted:

Well, they have wildly different applications. One of them has a bread component.

Would you say that one of them ones a sandwich?

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Just tried the cool aid.

This is just a teaspoon of industrial grade citric acid isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Dejawesp posted:

Just tried the cool aid.

This is just a teaspoon of industrial grade citric acid isn't it?

No.

It's a teaspoon of industrial grade citric acid with food coloring.

Should have got the Ecto Cooler flavor.