Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
so what happens in a few months when all the snow melts :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I legit didn't know yuba city could fit 65k people into what's basically a highway with a bunch of strip malls glued onto it. Good for them

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Real fart‐huffing Hollywood types. :jerkbag:

Well they are in butte county so fart huffing makes sense

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Platystemon posted:

The California hate in this topic is misplaced.

There isn’t a single $2 k/ 1 bedroom apartment in the entire area that was evacuated.

The median income in Oroville (right under the dam, pop. 16,260) is $36,581.

That figure for Yuba City (larger city downstream, pop. 65,416) is $50,494.

Check out the top employers, too: Oroville | Yuba City

Real fart‐huffing Hollywood types. :jerkbag:

Haha get hosed lieberals

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Dongattack posted:

I propose that if this dam never breaks, we kill the OP.

thats a pretty good idea

FOR ME TO POOP ON

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Chinatown posted:

so what happens in a few months when all the snow melts :twisted:

The dam will be gone by then, no worries.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Psycho Society posted:

tbh I want all of the pacific cities to form their own nation state. The central valley can feed all of us, and everyone else can vote for whoever they want without loving with our business

San Andreas would be more enjoyable.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Psycho Society posted:

tbh I want all of the pacific cities to form their own nation state. The central valley can feed all of us, and everyone else can vote for whoever they want without loving with our business

Lol if you think the deeply-red central valley would align with the coastal cities when the poo poo hit the fan

the idea of getting to 1) slaughter their nonwhite population and 2) militia up and "liberate" san francisco would figuratively give them priapism

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Lol if you think the deeply-red central valley would align with the coastal cities when the poo poo hit the fan

the idea of getting to 1) slaughter their nonwhite population and 2) militia up and "liberate" san francisco would figuratively give them priapism

I hear quoting amazon and google's stock price is a magical spell that makes you invulnerable to bullets and hatred.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

OMGVBFLOL posted:

thats a pretty good idea

FOR ME TO POOP ON

how

DARE

YOU

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who cares exactly who does the dying and who the gently caress cares how much they deserved it

I just want blood and death

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Californian here.

First, gently caress that one poster that is making us look bad. California is awesome but in spite of him.

Second, almonds aren't so bad. Yes, they use a lot of water, but they also are very valuable. You want to use water for valuable stuff.

The real crime is flooding fields in a desert to grow loving alfalfa and rice, but that is what the lazy rear end upstream growers with senior water rights do. Because gently caress you I got mine.

naem
May 29, 2011

7 straight days of rain all the sudden?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Space Crabs posted:

that guy is dumb because if you want open gun laws to dual wield AKs with drum mags or whatever I don't know why you would move to one of the states that everyone forgets exists all the time when you could move somewhere probably nicer like the east coast or something.

kansas' only purpose is to remind me that arkansas is also a state.

Arkansas is at least scenic, with parks and campgrounds, as well as bastions of liberalism sprinkled throughout and a government that doesn't rely solely on interstate traffic tickets for revenue

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i feel like new hampshire is probably machine-gun-dual-wield-friendly

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
death to the yuba county elites

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

naem posted:

Not all of a sudden, it's the rainy season bro.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

predicto posted:

Californian here.

First, gently caress that one poster that is making us look bad. California is awesome but in spite of him.

Second, almonds aren't so bad. Yes, they use a lot of water, but they also are very valuable. You want to use water for valuable stuff.

The real crime is flooding fields in a desert to grow loving alfalfa and rice, but that is what the lazy rear end upstream growers with senior water rights do. Because gently caress you I got mine.

You mean the folks upstream who the water runs to first while you folks continue with the not-in-my-backyard regarding desalinization plants while you live next to a loving ocean?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

naem posted:

Zoinks! According to the graph on the last page, 2 inches of rain will top the emergency spillway, and that's predicted to happen by tomorrow night.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That’s the weather in San Francisco, which is 250 km in the wrong direction.

The forecast is actually worse up there.

This is more like it.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Fog Tripper posted:

You mean the folks upstream who the water runs to first while you folks continue with the not-in-my-backyard regarding desalinization plants while you live next to a loving ocean?

"im expected to let my lawn die so people can grow staple foods and livestock forage?!?!"

lmao gently caress socal

Eustace Tilly
Jul 2, 2006

Title text (up to 250 chars before image tag)
I hope the train museum is okay!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Some dudes compiled a ton of the official info and numbers to create a bunch of graphs here, sortakinda interesting, but the numbers also seem to indicate that the dam should be fine if they keep running the regular spillway at full blast and the next round of storms doesn't massively outdo the previous round, where their idea of maximizing outflow was basically :effort:

https://github.com/axibase/atsd-use-cases/blob/master/OrovilleDam/README.md

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s a good thing that the “let’s try the emergency spillway for the first time in the dam’s history” experiment didn’t occur when inflows were particularly high.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Polio Vax Scene posted:

my state is so good *pays 2k/mo rent for 1 br apt* unnnfffff *snorts own fart*

living in the cheap part of town i see. the average in sf is up to $3.5k for a 1 bedroom

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The_Franz posted:

living in the cheap part of town i see. the average in sf is up to $3.5k for a 1 bedroom

Even the Tenderloin is up to $2.3 k according to a recent map in the Politically Loaded Maps thread.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

OMGVBFLOL posted:

the idea of getting to militia up and "liberate" San Francisco

Well gently caress me, you finally made moving to California sound appealing

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

blugu64 posted:

Well gently caress me, you finally made moving to California sound appealing

Keep in mind that the place you would be moving to in order to start your militia would likely be Bakersfield. Have fun dying from the asthma your body develops within a month.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Hell yeah Buck Owens owns

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Not the dam update, but a bridge update,

Nearly 56,000 bridges called structurally deficient

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/02/15/deficient-bridges/97890324/?hootPostID=a5f1d148af57d0492c340ed9bf9e6653

Stuff be collapsing sooner, rather then later.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
sacramento liveupdate: IT'S loving RAINING WE'RE ALL GONNA loving DIE

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
lol, when it rains in LA 800 people immediately crash their cars when the first drop hits their windshield

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

blugu64 posted:

Hell yeah Buck Rogers owns

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Does every Californian also take everything personally and assume every insult is a direct attack like you? :jerkbag:

Yes dude, did you read the thread? It's really funny.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

the great deceiver posted:

sacramento liveupdate: IT'S loving RAINING WE'RE ALL GONNA loving DIE

good im glad of it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Psycho Society posted:

lol, when it rains in LA 800 people immediately crash their cars when the first drop hits their windshield

I live near a freeway and whenever it starts to rain there's a screech/crash combo within a half of an hour.

My favorite thus far has been the long screech followed by multiple crash sounds and then a single sustained horn honk.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

food court bailiff posted:

Yes dude, did you read the thread? It's really funny.

Californians should learn to accept criticism like we do here in Chicago. We're a giant city in a state that mostly hates us, and we embrace it. We love our crooked disgusting politics and our lovely weather. Learn to laugh about your garbage city/state/country and just throw some booze at your problems because nothing is going to be fixed in your lifetime because you and your opinions don't matter enough to warrant change. Embrace death and darkness since it is the only conclusion you can achieve, but at least you have enough control to not meet it painfully sober.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

duTrieux. posted:

I live near a freeway and whenever it starts to rain there's a screech/crash combo within a half of an hour.

My favorite thus far has been the long screech followed by multiple crash sounds and then a single sustained horn honk.

You lucky son of a bitch

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I guess they must not be too concerned anymore? They lowered the lake about 33 feet so far but are now dropping the outflow.

quote:

Date / Time REL SCH CFS
02/16/2017 09:00 95000
02/16/2017 11:00 90000

I guess California is safe from water once again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

You lucky son of a bitch

I've also heard a police officer use the PA system to tell somebody to pull their pants back up.

• Locked thread