Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hellloooo new screensaver!!!

I love these "3D render of a partially lit ball" from the early days when 3D Studio was around before the "Max" suffix was a thing.

Know what's coming next? Those glass balls with refraction! Three of them next to each other; with ray traced reflections on each other on a chess board!! Can't wait!!! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
please let smed take over please let smed take over please let smed take over please let smed take over please let smed take over please let smed take over

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

Citcon2018 hype

Just imagine that 4.0 presentation!!1

4.0 baybee!

That PowerPoint presentation is going to be sick!

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Winter Stormer posted:

His explanation is wrong and he's clearly just not reading the warning that Recode thing is spitting out, but at least he backed into better style for anything that isn't 25-year-old C

Edit: Him talking about passing in a "reference of the structure" because the function takes a raw pointer isn't filling me with confidence either

After he was done disabling the physics and went to get back in the (jittery) ship, the commando tried to snap to the ladder except ended up offset by about 10 feet. He paused the game pretty quickly after that :laugh:

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 16, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Quavers posted:

What IS Star Citizen?

:shrug:

Hahaha holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo!

Do people believe this? I hope this is a huge thread full of "yeah man, I mean, planning? What're you? Some kind of retard?"

When CoD: Infinite Warfare was built they were really just trying to make a computer version of Scrabble. The game just kind of accidentally came together. :monocle:

Nobody really knew what Windows 10 was going to be either. They just started writing stuff and whelp! What do ya know! Check out this program! They just wanted to make an ascii art penis for Twitter people but whatever the heck this thing is came out! Guess they'll just sell it!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheAgent posted:

please let smed take over please let smed take over please let smed take over please let smed take over please let smed take over please let smed take over

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/831929100940038164

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AP posted:

Also moment of truth, the cat thing at the top of each page is really stupid.

To prove it I give you exhibit A. The current idiot annoyed he did something dumb in the thread, is upset about it and yet still feels the crippling need for conformity while making a poo poo post on the top of this page.

<wipes his forehead when he realizes AP wasn't talking about him>

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
no one understands game development

you just spend a bunch of money and one day, you have a game

some people say its magic, fueled by the powers of beliefs and dreams, but I dunno about all that

I'm just happy to get whatever they can put out

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DapperDon posted:

But let's make sure that we start a subreddit to "archive" almost everything Derek Smart does so we can hold HIM accountable for saying a bad word about our favorite space game that nobody really knows the details about. Not the company that has taken in over $140+ Mil with nothing to show for it.

gently caress these people.

Because Derek has a history of deleting things from the Internet. Like his newsgroup wars have all been stricken from history (post from 1998: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic/kQTb13rvlLQ/Db2FKYsPKCkJ). Every post he's made here has been edited out and removed after 3 days of seeing the sun (check any thread). And his Twitter feed is basically empty every other day after a fresh wipe (https://mobile.twitter.com/dsmart). And he never ever quotes or copies parts of his blogging missives everywhere for everybody (check any of the above after a few posts, except the stuff from before the year 2000 because only Elite Dangerous was in production at that time).

All these things MUST be kept before Derek strikes them from the record forever! :argh:

Hate sub gotta justify their hate.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's weird how the one thing they don't seem to have archived is the July blog.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

DapperDon posted:

I happen to think the taxxe is good for the morale of this thread and what gives it its je ne sais quoi.

Despite my occasional snyping frustration, I think we should stick to the catte tax, the Revenue Feline, the sacrifices to Bast should continue, so she will smile upon us.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

DapperDon posted:

I love it ever time you post this one. I don't give a poo poo if you are a bot at this point. Sort of an occasional reminder of what they have bottled up down there. They cannot ever deny that it happened. It is one thing to say a bad word about the BDSGE. You can poo poo right all over it. But nothing changes that it is just a video game. This is not going to cure cancer, world hunger, obesity, or make Star Citizen a game.

That's actually a renewed defense from today of the tombstone picture.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ghostlight posted:

It's weird how the one thing they don't seem to have archived is the July blog.

Duplicating the July blog would cripple the cloud infrastructure.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/breacher__UP/status/832049565561937920

:vince:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

I've been trying to limit my kayak-posting to just page snypes so as to set a better example, but I can see now that I've hurt you.

Totally unrelated, do you think Kelly will like this ring? I think maybe I should go for a fancier font on the engraving...

Diamonds are a scam, yo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tMetT6-dxc

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen : The Spirit of the Game.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well friends I can look back with pride on yet another day I've managed to withstand female seduction :smuggo:

Foiled again! :argh:

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
How have they not run out of money yet?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

I've been trying to limit my kayak-posting to just page snypes so as to set a better example, but I can see now that I've hurt you.

Totally unrelated, do you think Kelly will like this ring? I think maybe I should go for a fancier font on the engraving...

You should just engrave the URL to one of his blogs because really you love her so much a small Twitter like comment just won't cut it. But a Twitter comment of a link to a small book... :stwoon:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Cirofren posted:

How have they not run out of money yet?

Idiots

That can be said for both the vocal backers. And the silent partners

I mean Crobberts is as stupid as everyone else if :

#1 he truly believes in himself

#2 put in his own funds to help

If he was simply in it for the cash I could understand , but I have a real deep feeling he's so inside his own rear end he helped fund with his own savings

Then again there were rumours before that the top level execs had 'loaned' cig money at ridiculous interest rates

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

This is hands down the funniest scam CIG has ever pulled. My sides are splitting here.

Seriously, it's a thing of beauty that they get to continue pulling off poo poo like this, with impunity.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Foiled again! :argh:

Well, I, for one, am feeling mad studly. I actually had a woman acknowledge me and initiate a conversation with me.

So I moved out of in front of the women's bathroom door....

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 16, 2017

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo!

Do people believe this? I hope this is a huge thread full of "yeah man, I mean, planning? What're you? Some kind of retard?"

When CoD: Infinite Warfare was built they were really just trying to make a computer version of Scrabble. The game just kind of accidentally came together. :monocle:

Nobody really knew what Windows 10 was going to be either. They just started writing stuff and whelp! What do ya know! Check out this program! They just wanted to make an ascii art penis for Twitter people but whatever the heck this thing is came out! Guess they'll just sell it!

If there is a god in heaven SQ42 will end up being something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgnC0_xnkhw

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Then again there were rumours before that the top level execs had 'loaned' cig money at ridiculous interest rates

What would be funny is if after a fraud is convicted, these top execs are the first able to take back money made by settling what's left of the companies.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

If there is a god in heaven SQ42 will end up being something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgnC0_xnkhw

Only if eventually konami gets the rights during the fire sale.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i just got around to watching that elite dangerous livestream

that's a real fukken good character creator they got there

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ash1138 posted:

i just got around to watching that elite dangerous livestream

that's a real fukken good character creator they got there

Which character looks best sitting?

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hey now. Let's not pass judgement until we can see them T-posed.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ManofManyAliases posted:

As opposed to T-posing?

^^ fuuu

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

As opposed to T-posing?

^^ fuuu

:boom:

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door

ManofManyAliases posted:

Why is moving your man around the shitizen holy grail? Do you think that at some point you're going to be able to stop pressing W to move your player forward and somehow become the spaceman?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Rabelais D posted:

Why is moving your man around the shitizen holy grail? Do you think that at some point you're going to be able to stop pressing W to move your player forward and somehow become the spaceman?

LOL Cute. You guys still believe the player model is skinned?

The point is, what fun is it if the entire game is you stuck inside of your spaceship or moon buggy? I want a sim - yes. But I also want an MMO. It'll be nice to move around, interact, do poo poo.

edit:

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016
After so many years of consistent failure to deliver, it's quite bizarre to read people still believe there will be a release of this epic, ever. Let alone before space ambulation appear in E:D some time next year. On top of that being "a critical feature" in a space game. <<USED>>

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

How are you posting and streaming at the same time? I feel grief!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Chunjee posted:

I'm the large glass display case for showing off animu poo poo, as a 40+ year old man

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Chunjee posted:

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Rabelais D posted:

It isn't the walking. It is the nipple jets that make Star Citizen unique.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

ManofManyAliases posted:

The point is, what fun is it if the entire game is you stuck inside of your spaceship or moon buggy? I want a sim - yes. But I also want an MMO. It'll be nice to move around, interact, do poo poo.

It's still a game, which is more than CIG will deliver.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL Cute. You guys still believe the player model is skinned?
Not skinned at all. Nipple jets... Or how about shooting a pilot in the head while seated?

ManofManyAliases posted:

Walking around is always my favorite thing to do in an MMO. Screw having hundreds to thousands of places to explore. Who needs things like salvage, repair, cargo, an economy--bah those things are so over-rated. My perfect MMO needs walking around and a golf swing--in space. Coincidence that EA stopped making PGA Tour in 2015? I think not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well whatever Star Citizen currently is, it isn't fun.