Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i like the portal and cloak and weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Finally beat the shaper. All it took was abusing the BV bug. At least it's over :unsmith:

Do we know if they're fixing this for 2.6?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Awesome! posted:

i like the portal and cloak and weapon

I wouldn't call the Breachlord pack bad, but I have like a billion portals/weapons already, and I thought the cape looked corny.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
So considering I'll be playing 2.6 for maybe a month (until the 3.0 beta comes out), what's a good build to get me making money on the cheap to start?

I tried pizza totems but it was pretty awful until I got a ton of cast speed. Maybe a bow build that farms uber lab?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

D2jsp

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Are there any good melee/attack witch builds? I'd especially love to go tri-curse occultist somehow. Bino's/Death's Hand with blade flurry and vuln/warlord's/enfeeble maybe?

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 16, 2017

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

pork never goes bad posted:

Do we know if they're fixing this for 2.6?

They are.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
e: wrong thread

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Here's hoping life gets buffed out the rear end

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Jinnigan posted:

Are there any good melee/attack witch builds? I'd especially love to go tri-curse occultist somehow. Bino's/Death's Hand with blade flurry and vuln/warlord's/enfeeble maybe?

Occultist is one of the better choices for melee witches, and a blade flurry build is probably your best option therein, though each ascendancy has their own niche that enables melee builds (e.g. self-applying offerings as a necro). I'd recommend The Dark Seer or Breath of the Council over Death's Hand, as an Occultist. Unholy Might is strong as heck but you don't need the power charges and the Dark Seer will keep you alive a lot better or Breath of the Council will increase your AOE; both will still increase your damage.

Due to the nature of the Occultist's ES regen points though, spell casting short range spells with Xirgil's Crank will always be like 10x harder to kill than whatever melee build you do.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Here's hoping life gets buffed out the rear end

Sounds like they're nerfing ES and Vaal Pact but buffing everyone in turn with the Pantheon system. Maybe minor buffs aside from that.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Count Uvula posted:

Occultist is one of the better choices for melee witches, and a blade flurry build is probably your best option therein, though each ascendancy has their own niche that enables melee builds (e.g. self-applying offerings as a necro). I'd recommend The Dark Seer or Breath of the Council over Death's Hand, as an Occultist. Unholy Might is strong as heck but you don't need the power charges and the Dark Seer will keep you alive a lot better or Breath of the Council will increase your AOE; both will still increase your damage.

Due to the nature of the Occultist's ES regen points though, spell casting short range spells with Xirgil's Crank will always be like 10x harder to kill than whatever melee build you do.

How would your tree look? Something like http://poeurl.com/23Kmaybe And: how would you even apply the poison in the first place? Snakebite seems... particularly crappy

I'm not sure how to scale the damage to shaper-viable, which would be my goal with this character. In Path of Building I can only get the dps up to ~40k/sec with poison, which is about a third of the DPS I show with KOTF or HoWA.

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 16, 2017

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
So with Breach coming to a close, I'm having some time thinking about my Ranger, who is mainly a Frost Blades build with Blade Flurry for single targets, or targets with elemental reflect.

The build really hinges on the Touch of Anguish, which seems to exist with a Frost Blades build in mind. The synergy between the Touch of Anguish, Frost Blades, and the Raider's Avatar of the Slaughter ascendancy keystone is delightful. If I somehow finish Uber Lab on the character, I will spec out of Rapid Assault and finish with Avatar of the Veil.

The build lags quite a bit at the real endgame content, though. Boss damage is lackluster, and it's easy to get stunlocked to death if I get reckless or deal with certain mobs in status effect maps. I ran out of portals trying to beat up Xoph, though it's possible I may have won if I didn't die a few times just learning how the guy works.

I might try this again once Fall of Oriath comes out, since some of the Pantheons being promoted might help compensate for this build's shortcomings. Alternately, I could go CI, but I'd most likely have to forget dabbling in Duelist to do so.

The equipment and some of the gem composition is a bit all over the place, I'll admit, and I've been spending what time I can looking for better replacements. I could get more life and break 5k if I swapped Daresso's Defiance out for a Belly of the Beast, but the other goodies Daresso's gives makes it a pretty difficult sell on softcore (if this was Hardcore, Belly of the Beast no questions). I plan to refund out of the big intelligence node once I have enough to wield the Touches of Anguish without it, and eventually get Vaal Pact and the nearby jewel socket.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Feb 16, 2017

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Jinnigan posted:

Necro using the scourge claw with bf is good

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Any idea how long it takes to get your maps sent out? I got my tshirt weeks ago but it's been ~2-3 months since I bought the Chimera pack and no map yet

I did try messaging support, but no response when I emailed them about 8-10 hours ago

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

lamentable dustman posted:

Necro using the scourge claw with bf is good

likely understantement of the year

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

tithin posted:

Any idea how long it takes to get your maps sent out? I got my tshirt weeks ago but it's been ~2-3 months since I bought the Chimera pack and no map yet

I did try messaging support, but no response when I emailed them about 8-10 hours ago

I got my pack on 11/21 and got my map a couple weeks ago.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a11NfvfTDUI

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm so happy they are doing away with repeated difficulties.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

euphronius posted:

I'm so happy they are doing away with repeated difficulties.
Whoa.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whoa what .

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

euphronius posted:

Whoa what .
I thought your au pair killed you for playing too much World of Warcraft after the divorce.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The au pair divorced me too :negative:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

euphronius posted:

:negative:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

euphronius posted:

rip

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
efb.

Is it 1pm pst again for 2.6 info and supporter packs?

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 16, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

efb.

Is it 1pm pst again for 2.6 info and supporter packs?
I think it said just "US time" so maybe?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I think it said just "US time" so maybe?

yes its the same time, theres a count down timer made and chris wilson confirmed it.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Jinnigan posted:

How would your tree look? Something like http://poeurl.com/23Kmaybe And: how would you even apply the poison in the first place? Snakebite seems... particularly crappy

Cospris chest. You'll have to load up on ES on your other pieces/skilltree.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
MTX boxes from race weekend should be coming tomorrow

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Btw if you need to, support is always willing to do payment plans on supporter packs.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Some notes from this:
-No merciless bandit rewards anymore, the pantheon system is considered a sort of spiritual replacement. Meanwhile cruel bandit rewards are moved to the retread of act 2. The bandit rewards will be rebalanced.
-4 labyrinths still; you'll choose which labyrinth you're entering when you're entering the area from Sarn. Normal lab might be a bit shorter than the later labs. They might make larger changes but will decide during the beta.
-Fall of Oriath's accompanying challenge league will be more passive, won't be 'interact with static thing that creates a battle'
-The level you reach mapping will be roughly the same.
-People may be 'surprised' by the amount of rebalancing in 2.6. The 3.0 rebalance will be split in to 2.6, 3.0 beta, and 3.0 full release. Chris can't talk about it but the 2.6 announcement later today will cover the larger balance changes.
-One of the big things being rebalanced by the full 3.0 release is the dominance of daggers.
-Threshold jewels mentioned as something with exciting changes (phrased in a way it might just be more threshold jewels).

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 16, 2017

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Also there will be a tiny thing added to trading that we shouldn't get overhyped about at all.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Skyl3lazer posted:

Btw if you need to, support is always willing to do payment plans on supporter packs.

Please Chris put my supporter pack on layaway

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Can I pay with food stamps?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Did not expect Jesus to look like that.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

remove lab tia

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I don't agree with you often but this

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

So I'm trying to figure out if it's worth going for 36 challenges this league What I've got left is:
Twinned/enter domain: just need to roll double abyss, pretty sure I can handle that
Perandus coffers: actually don't have zana 7 but almost there
Breach uniques: probably just buy poo poo ones unid? still have 9 left
Breach upgrades: haven't done any, seems expensive
Div cards: also expensive
Shaper/breachlords: leech credit?
Sextant mods: bodyguards/nemesis currency/reflect immune, do have a fair number of sextants tho
Splinters from Uul-Netol/Chayula: totally random
Strongbox: mostly random, maybe get credit
Map levels, endgame grinds: not gonna happen
Corrupted jewels: stupid expensive

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I just want your highest lab run to give you all the points from the previous ones. So if I feel like waiting and just running uber lab it will give me points from the first 3 also.

At least we won't have to run trials more than once now with there only being 1 difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

So I'm trying to figure out if it's worth going for 36 challenges this league What I've got left is:
Twinned/enter domain: just need to roll double abyss, pretty sure I can handle that
Perandus coffers: actually don't have zana 7 but almost there
Breach uniques: probably just buy poo poo ones unid? still have 9 left
Breach upgrades: haven't done any, seems expensive
Div cards: also expensive
Shaper/breachlords: leech credit?
Sextant mods: bodyguards/nemesis currency/reflect immune, do have a fair number of sextants tho
Splinters from Uul-Netol/Chayula: totally random
Strongbox: mostly random, maybe get credit
Map levels, endgame grinds: not gonna happen
Corrupted jewels: stupid expensive

you won't make it

perandus coffers is v expensive, mine was upwards of 100c in map rolls because I was unlucky
breach uniques is expensive now, you should have done this a month ago
shaper/breachlords: yeah just pay someone
sextant mods: pay someone, you will never find all 3 of those in time
splinters: lmao this is easy
strongbox: nope
corrupted jewels: surprisingly one of the easiest ones on this list unless you forgot you can vaal any rarity of jewel to get corrupted jewels (blue/yellow) not just uniques

• Locked thread