Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

seiferguy posted:

Looks like "those who blocked a school door ended up on the wrong side of history" got spread around as a Republican talking point. McCoy is just following along here:

https://twitter.com/elongreen/status/830117659488428032/photo/1
Yeah this is literally the same, definitely. Terrorizing a 6 year old girl who was trying to go to school is the same as this. The context is a match. Absolutely. The ongoing campaign of terror and harassment, throwing rotten eggs at a child for daring to get an education, yeah that sounds about equal to this yessir. Also I would like to point out that it was probably the dumbocrats who were blocking Ruby from going to school in the first place, this is definitely an issue for which I can talk about "being on the right side of history" because I always have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah this is literally the same, definitely. Terrorizing a 6 year old girl who was trying to go to school is the same as this. The context is a match. Absolutely. The ongoing campaign of terror and harassment, throwing rotten eggs at a child for daring to get an education, yeah that sounds about equal to this yessir. Also I would like to point out that it was probably the dumbocrats who were blocking Ruby from going to school in the first place, this is definitely an issue for which I can talk about "being on the right side of history" because I always have been.

I mean very technically the motive is similar in that the racists thought black children would ruin the public schools so it's one of those "I guess you can force some parallels, if you really really wanted to, but you'd be an idiot"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Uncle Sam getting the most uncomfortable boner right now

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Surprise funny pages mention:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

drat, son! That's quite an :iceburn:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Some cartoons from Michel Moro Gomez, a Cuban cartoonist.

Fetch!

More weapons, more security?

TRUMP jumps

MADNESS

WATER CAGE

BURKA

Reversible Flag

Tala

Technological war

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

The only people who support trump are those who have to work multiple full time jobs so they don't have time to form informed political opinions. AGC.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The Copper Kaiser posted:

And now for something completely different.

This is peak Adam4d, the good stuff

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

He drew Trump last week.

My Fellow Goonmericans:

The road was long, and rocky, and plagued by those graboids from Tremors, but we did it!

After going 90 days without once portraying Donald Trump in his editorial cartoons, Michael Ramirez at last relented and drew the President into his cartoon of February 8th.

So slight was his capitulation that I didn't even know about it until today, but no matter! We were undoubtedly the force that snapped Michael Ramirez like a piece of dry spaghetti, and never again will Ramirez be able to sleep soundly unless he knows that the public's will is being obeyed!

But friends, as in any war, there were casualties. Ramirez may have yielded, but his surrender cartoon was so lazy that he even recycled the same gag he used in the last Trump cartoon he drew months ago. Also, Michael Ramirez shows no sign of ever learning how to draw a successful Trump caricature.

So although we won, editorial cartooning itself has suffered a vicious blow.

I still say the effort was worth it, but now that I see the price of victory, I feel that it might have been best to simply ask Ramirez to quit cartooning altogether and become a greeter at Wal-Mart.

Regardless, this triumph belongs to us all! Thank Michael Ramirez on Twitter @Ramireztoons, and prepare for my next petition where I implore Michael to not bother drawing Donald Trump ever again!

I love you,

Death Ray

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ok now let's make a petition to have Ramirez draw Trump without also making a "yuuge like China" joke

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'd like a petition to have Ramirez retire.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
[quote="Trogdos!" post=""469439059"="]

[/quote]

Perverse as opposed to the wholesome and heartwarming original story :confused:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Shangri-Law School posted:

Only one side is asking for the other to be dropped, unless you see a $12 minimum wage as an unforgivable betrayal of the working class.

This is a false binary.

Isn't it a common criticism of the democratic party that they've been willing to move left on social issues as long as they can continue being neoliberal shits?

You guys aren't doing the left any favors by insisting that anyone concerned about the efficacy of neoliberalism plus identity politics is a bigot.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Perverse as opposed to the wholesome and heartwarming original story :confused:

Yeah, the Muslim version has them both die, unlike the-

Suicide? Both of 'em?

And she was 13?

And her maid says what?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
It's been a long time, what does her maid say?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Keiya posted:

It's been a long time, what does her maid say?

100% jokes about Juliet, who is 13, getting sexed up. Including one which is reminiscing about making thise jokes when Juliet was still learning to walk.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Arglebargle III posted:

This is a false binary.

Isn't it a common criticism of the democratic party that they've been willing to move left on social issues as long as they can continue being neoliberal shits?

You guys aren't doing the left any favors by insisting that anyone concerned about the efficacy of neoliberalism plus identity politics is a bigot.

It is, in the sense that it's a load of horse crap that gets put up by assholes who inevitably start saying that civil rights victories are actually just things given by the ruling class, and not a hard fought victory that is opposed every step of the way.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

This is a false binary.

What are you talking about? You're the one who came in here complaining about identity politics. The only person presenting a false binary is you.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"All men are brothers"

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Duke Igthorn posted:

"All I'm saying is that judging a person by the content of their character is the exact same as judging a person by the color of their skin."

This is loving perfect.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I've been enjoying Stantis having an existential crisis over Trump subverting his party.

He has lovely principles, but at least he sticks to them.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Whelp, even Full Frontal has mentioned that Branco now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb4f1U-PhZI

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

nbcnews.com posted:

Glenn McCoy, the Belleville News-Democrat cartoonist, faced a backlash Tuesday for doing what he does best: drawing.

What a fuckin ice burn coming from nbcnews.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/cartoon-comparing-betsy-devos-ruby-bridges-sparks-backlash-n721531

ZoninSilver posted:

Whelp, even Full Frontal has mentioned that Branco now:

Does anybody read this thread sober?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

the politoon disease

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Kurtofan posted:

the politoon disease

i feel like i have this. why do i enjoy politoons when they are so bad??

probably cuz of the occassional gem like pants on the ground monkey. or that one dudes gigantic comic with every comic from the year in it. that was the coolest thing

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Fulchrum posted:

It is, in the sense that it's a load of horse crap that gets put up by assholes who inevitably start saying that civil rights victories are actually just things given by the ruling class, and not a hard fought victory that is opposed every step of the way.
Two days ago I saw an argument on another site to the tune of "white people deserve most of the credit for the successes of the civil rights movement, right? Because think about it, they're the ones that finally said 'okay fine you can have some rights'. If they never did that, nothing would've come of any of it."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

welcome to 25 years ago, drunky duck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7y0F2GSObU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Voyager I posted:

I've been enjoying Stantis having an existential crisis over Trump subverting his party.

He has lovely principles, but at least he sticks to them.

Except Trump didn't subvert anything, and Stantis is just angry because he's not using enough dog whistles and making the party look bad.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

e: post-coffee my desire to start drama right before leaving on a trip has drastically declined

loquacius fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Feb 16, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I don't know this people, but I can see similitudes.

On one part we have a privileged women that has lived a life of privilege, with people opening doors for her.
On the other part we have a young lady living in a hosed up world that close all doors to her only base on his skin color.

Two ladies, the exact opposite, a mirror image that also invert colors.

A Good Cartoon:
What the original cartoon artist was tryiing to say is being a millionary is a mental disability, make people so deeply removed from reality that their abundance of privilege make them feel wronged when one door is not automatically opened for them, for the first time in his life. Except the cartoon author would use different words.

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 16, 2017

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Wow, what beautiful projection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Ha yeah guys, that dumb Hillary right? ~desperately shoves Russian scandal into closet~ Wowzers, how dumb huh? Running in 2020 ~crams Flynn resignation into overflowing desk drawer~ Like haha how stupid is it right? She has no chance ~stuffs leaked e-mails under bulging carpet~ heh, really supid huh?

• Locked thread