Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

There was a man on this podcast for several years whose sole defining trait was his love of garbage anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Plague has only been on the podcast three times

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Plague has only been on the podcast three times

Woolie is ever present however

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm super jealous of Laura, tho. One of my favorite bits of all time was the Time Ethics thing, and she got to be right there during Pat's snitching/"securing" a switch rant.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I know her from the Jimquisition podcast where she seems like a reasonable and intelligent person. She's such an SJW attention seeker that I didn't find out she was trans until I was quite a few episodes in and decided to look up more of her work.

Actually thanks to titan of ethics and philosophy Shooterb0y23 I'll have you know that Jim Sterling is also one of those degenerate unethtical video game journalists!

Bonus points for the comment in reply to this one saying "If Sterling killed a family of 5 with his bare hands I'd still rather have him on than [her]."

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, it's the same old poo poo. Repellent cunts afraid of someone different to them being interested in their hobby. A lot of them lack the spine to speak plainly so they are dressing it up as reservations about their victim's ethics when really they are frightened of catching "the gay".

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

i like how goons think it's the trans stuff that people care about and not the fact that she's a lying sensationalist who acts high and mighty about being right when she's wrong about a lot of other things

keepin up the anime avatar stereotype huh

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Creepy idiots aside Laura Kate Dale was honestly one of the best guests they've had on. She had a decent energy and could keep up with Woolie and Pat joking most of the time and while she had some coold insight she was also kind of funny which is something some of their guests falter at (Germanspy and George come to mind.)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

George is great, it is important to have a sadder sack than even Pat at times

Laura rules

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
George is cool, he's just the punching bag and he goes along with it. As I said before, the issue with guests is that Pat won't ever shut up, so you need a guest that is either familiar with Pat or talks more than he does.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Given half the youtube comments are making sure to explicitly use he/him instead of she/her it kind of points to the trans thing and the typical gamergate "ETHICS IN GAMES JOURNALISM" is the same bullshit cover it always is.

Like "She's really smug when she's right but she's wrong a lot." doesn't make her any less fun or cool on the podcast than it does say...Pat. Or Woolie. That's a real loving stupid complaint to come for a big fan and long time listener of the "I TOTALLY loving CALLED IT" Podcast starring Patrick 'Incorrect Dark Souls Lore' Fuccboivin and Woolie ' I shouldn't have to tell my SO I love them they should just KNOW!' Madden.

yeah basically i'm just poking fun at this:

Captain Baal posted:

I don't disagree with most of this, except using Youtube comments as a base point, but it does not change that some of the goons in this thread are being stupid and pigheaded as well about one comment a dude made in this thread about thinking her voice is annoying.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Futaba Anzu posted:

yeah basically i'm just poking fun at this:

Usually when you're making fun of something you don't make your posts entirely indistinguishable from that thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Usually when you're making fun of something you don't make your posts entirely indistinguishable from that thing.

My dude, have you seen the Pewdiepie and Jontron controversy lately?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

reread the post you quoted

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What microtransactions does For Honor have? Medieval loot boxes?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Now in YT form for your easier consumption, Paige getting her ovaries exposed on stream for EVERYONE to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvDNS3Vx27Q

IT'S A BIIIIIIIIIIIIRD

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
What an age we live in

e:

pat posted:

This is the worst it's ever been

Right there with ya buddy

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Even if it really was about 'ethics in games journalism', it's loving videogame journalism. None of it is of any consequence whatsoever. Treating it like it's the defining topic of our time, like it matters to any degree is pathetic. Even in a best case scenario, these people are loving children whose worth as a human being just barely extends to converting oxygen to c02 via their stupid, stupid, worthless loving hissy fits.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Even if it really was about 'ethics in games journalism', it's loving videogame journalism. None of it is of any consequence whatsoever. Treating it like it's the defining topic of our time, like it matters to any degree is pathetic. Even in a best case scenario, these people are loving children whose worth as a human being just barely extends to converting oxygen to c02 via their stupid, stupid, worthless loving hissy fits.

It's like sports journalism, people get poo poo wrong and make bad predictions, it happens but it doesn't really matter and you can't really keep an eye on everything anyway. Like sports journalism, it's also been moving away from traditional coverage into more of a variety and personality-based thing, with the occasional long-form piece about something very interesting or very controversial.

actually now that I think of it those two are really similar, huh

Anyway, my brother got into these fuckfaces and was watching the Souls LP. He was like "I mean, it doesn't really matter what weapon he chooses but the Partizan is kinda boring" and I told him "don't worry, I'm pretty sure he's gonna end up using the Uchi instead". Lo and behold, here we are.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Dias posted:

Now in YT form for your easier consumption, Paige getting her ovaries exposed on stream for EVERYONE to see:

IT'S A BIIIIIIIIIIIIRD

Had the pleasure of watching this live and it was def something special.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

IT'S A BIIIIIIIIIIIIRD

Oh poo poo, so this is what you guys were talking about. drat.

Gotta say, felt pretty simple once I understood what it wanted, the first time I watched that puzzle be brought up. It seemed like a neat, ludicrous, puzzle idea- a lot better than oddly shaped key for weirdly shaped keyhole- in true Resident Evil fashion. The boss key doors in Skyward Sword were harder to figure out. I think she got caught up on how she didn't get it immediately within 45 seconds and just couldn't stop laughing to suss out the solution.

Funny loving video though.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
The prodigious speed at which Paige went from total souls virgin to one-shotting endgame bosses was pretty exciting to watch on its own.

But this RE7 stream opens up whole new realms of possibility. What else is this minmaxed idiot savant supernaturally good/bad at?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dias posted:

IT'S A BIIIIIIIIIIIIRD

I hate this because I think "oh man, she almost got it!" 40 seconds in and then I looked at how long the video is.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm just about to fight the boss at the bottom of Brightstone Cove and none of the spiders seem to want to fight me anymore. I'm literally having to chase them down for their sweet, delicious souls.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Are you, perhaps, holding a torch?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm just about to fight the boss at the bottom of Brightstone Cove and none of the spiders seem to want to fight me anymore. I'm literally having to chase them down for their sweet, delicious souls.

Do you have a torch? Cause they don't like fire. They hate it.

I'm not an arachnophob, but I loving hate creepy crawlies, so that was a really beneficial interaction. DS2's torch mechanics is definitely something I warmed up to.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

...goddamnit, I was keeping both hands on my weapon until now, ironically because I needed to clear the massive hordes of spiders.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They completely forgot the ice sidequest and hosed up the ending to PE2. They won't be happy when that happens X amount of videos later. They were already upset over gun attachments when it was just the game telling them they had no empty inventory slots. I hope the anger doesn't get too much.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzghE2ZGGfg
@ 1:13:00
all of the Quint poo poo in that lp is the best

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/TrainedSkull/status/832501096182583296

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I got those items in my playthrough and somehow completely forgot about them when Pat said that. I'm pretty sure it's an actual Stand power in play.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eye level for him maybe.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsYjAPbrspE

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
At this point it wouldn't be a Pat in control LP if he wasn't whipping the camera past things and missing items right in front of his face. :allears:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
New Dark souls part is strong

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

havenwaters posted:

New Dark souls part is strong

It was everything I could have hoped for with Sens. About the only way this could get better is if Woolie misses out on the bonfire and has to be informed of its location by Pat.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the mimic fight is incredible

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The Titanite Demon shenanigans are also incredible.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
The boys did good by smashing that glass. I cannot wait for Anor Londo. Also, kudos to Billy for the editing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

havenwaters posted:

The Titanite Demon shenanigans are also incredible.

"It was all for NOTHIIIING"