Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Eat every dick, Ifrit, CM cleared and mastered :kheldragar:

Selphie's BSB is a trap, I didn't realize the opening burst lacked a medica. Turns out all I needed to do was put breakdowns on Quistis instead of ice spells :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i used Strange Vision anyway because hitting ifrit for 9999x4 is fun

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
2/11 - Squall's BSB and Traitor's Bow; not too shabby.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm long overdue asking this question: why is there no black magic wind spell?

Also, while I'm thinking about it, why is there an AoE stop dance but no AoE blind or silence dance?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

There is one black magic wind spell, actually. The issue is just that it's a 6* ability (Meltdown). Otherwise, Aero and its derivatives would fit the bill, but DeNA just keeps stalling on making blue magic accessible to players.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm long overdue asking this question: why is there no black magic wind spell?

Also, while I'm thinking about it, why is there an AoE stop dance but no AoE blind or silence dance?

I've wondered the same thing. It certainly inflates the value of Alphinaud's BSB though.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

They should go the FFIII route and add the Aero spells as white magic

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

U-DO Burger posted:

They should go the FFIII route and add the Aero spells as white magic

Also the XIV route, incidentally, though XIV also classes Stone as white magic.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Technically XIV doesn't have any elements that actually mean anything in gameplay terms.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fister Roboto posted:

Technically XIV doesn't have any elements that actually mean anything in gameplay terms.

This is correct but we already threw that consideration out the window with all of the XIV inclusions in FFRK so far.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I kind of wish we could get a warrior of light character for XIV. Maybe have them function like the onion knight.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Wow, the ult+'s kraken has some wicked strong ink. What the hell were they thinking? You can't mitigate poo poo in ff1, how does an attack that hitd 6-7k through shell and wall ok for cid missions?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sprite141 posted:

Wow, the ult+'s kraken has some wicked strong ink. What the hell were they thinking? You can't mitigate poo poo in ff1, how does an attack that hitd 6-7k through shell and wall ok for cid missions?

Ink is physical and long-range. And you're clearly exaggerating - it only hit for 4k+ even without Wall or debuffs for me.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ink is physical and long-range. And you're clearly exaggerating - it only hit for 4k+ even without Wall or debuffs for me.

I am by no means exaggerating poo poo. I also used no debuffs and wall, and it hit me for like 6-7k. Like I saw 6800 on someone, the others not quite as much.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

Sprite141 posted:

By getting incredibly lucky. Mblink and Pblink helps.

One strategy floating around is to bring a well-geared TGC OSB and just pick two bosses to skip entirely (probably kraken and kary or tiamat).

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

I was going to say that dance dates back to FF5, but I was thinking of a Bard song, not a dance.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Mingus Dew posted:

By getting incredibly lucky. Mblink and Pblink helps.

One strategy floating around is to bring a well-geared TGC OSB and just pick two bosses to skip entirely (probably kraken and kary or tiamat).

Kraken and tiamat would have been my choices, easily. That being said I had garland's bsb, which gave me enough damage to kill them. The bsb itself that is, the commands suck.

I have good enough weapons and magic, but the damage was too real. I had to have echo on multibreak, and her ssb helped a ton too. Matoya did some serious damage with hain thundaga to kraken, but had to be my second healer alongside sarah throughout the rest. Warrior of Light's slowga was great, but I ran out of saint's cross uses when tiamat was half way dead. Master was actually really good during this, but I had to switch him out for garland.

I have a million greater earth orbs I didn't even need this cid mission why did I bother. :psyduck:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just had a slowga queued up as marilith died and then went ham on kraken with the two SBs i had and he only got one crappy attack off. Did the same with Tiamat

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Unfortunately I'd say that the Ult+ fight here is similar to Mote Ifrit: if he uses Meteor (in this case, any AoE from the Fiends) more than once, you're just screwed. Unless you're geared to the nines, then you've still got a shot.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I've done 4 draws total so far, for 13 5*s, including 4 bursts. I think I'm going to finish leveling to 50 before I go back and get Squall to put his BSB on him.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I had him hit for like 7k+ a couple times with that Ink. Absolutely brutal. Had to plan to go all-out on that guy and get him in two turns or so, and hope he used something other than that in like the two attacks he would get in.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I finally finished all the normal dungeons and I'm at 160 stamina :unsmith:

What's the current stamina cap? Wondering how many elites I have yet to clear. Although I guess with the mith only dungeons it'd be higher than that number anyway...

Also holding 138 mith now, banking everything aside from lucky draws for 2nd anniversary, hoping I can get 250+ by then for a bunch of draws. Orlandeau, be my waifu pls.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

victrix posted:

I finally finished all the normal dungeons and I'm at 160 stamina :unsmith:

What's the current stamina cap? Wondering how many elites I have yet to clear. Although I guess with the mith only dungeons it'd be higher than that number anyway...

Also holding 138 mith now, banking everything aside from lucky draws for 2nd anniversary, hoping I can get 250+ by then for a bunch of draws. Orlandeau, be my waifu pls.
Current stamina cap just from realms is 178 and 4/5 shards.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Current stamina cap just from realms is 178 and 4/5 shards.

so probably ~100+ more dungeons still to go

Gonna feel really weird when the (mostly) mindless realm dungeon farming is finally done. I guess I just do dailies at that point and start power leveling the entire roster?

Is there another 'endgame' sort of dungeon coming down the pipe, or is nightmare/torment/5 dooms/mote dungeons the full set for awhile?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

victrix posted:

so probably ~100+ more dungeons still to go

Gonna feel really weird when the (mostly) mindless realm dungeon farming is finally done. I guess I just do dailies at that point and start power leveling the entire roster?

Is there another 'endgame' sort of dungeon coming down the pipe, or is nightmare/torment/5 dooms/mote dungeons the full set for awhile?
Full Throttle dungeons are a ways out. They're absurdly hard (d~300) bosses that start you with 3 SB gauges but disable SB gain, so those 3 SBs are all you get.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Full Throttle dungeons are a ways out. They're absurdly hard (d~300) bosses that start you with 3 SB gauges but disable SB gain, so those 3 SBs are all you get.

it's gonna be weird having to actually think about which RM to use

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
That sounds fun. I'll be able to keep my buffs up nonstop. I can keep up enough to softcap attack and magic natively. I also have native wall, hyperbreak, wall break and like two decent dps bsb's. Then again I still can't clear the 250 torment dungeons so that'll end up destroying me too.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Actually most of the Full Throttle bosses aren't very hard. Turns out that every character starting with triple-strength Mako Might that doesn't take up a materia slot is really, really strong. The only two I consider seriously difficult (so far) are FF3 Bahamut (partly due to lack of synergy and partly due to his countering every attack with a 9000 hp heal) and FFT Belias (who is nearly 1 million HP of ultra tanky stats -- oh and also 3 adds who will all use nasty AOEs in sync with each other).

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I just had a slowga queued up as marilith died and then went ham on kraken with the two SBs i had and he only got one crappy attack off. Did the same with Tiamat

I had Ashe bsb up and killed him in basically one round, got lucky on that one I guess.

Then again I'm not doing the CM for that stupid realm because I'm not a masochist.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Speaking of 5 dooms, are they coming back? I was right on the edge of beating them and missed a bunch of cool skills.

Or an I stuck waiting for torment bosses? :eng99:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Other random fact: unlike every other battle, your whole party starts with ATB 0 in Full Throttle (barring RMs that modify your starting ATB, I believe) so some fights are a bit of a race to get up mitigation before you get nuked.

victrix posted:

Speaking of 5 dooms, are they coming back? I was right on the edge of beating them and missed a bunch of cool skills.

Or an I stuck waiting for torment bosses? :eng99:

So far you are out of luck, we've already gone through the period from before I started playing JP so unless they diverge from JP's schedule with a collab replacement event or something you won't see any source for the motes aside from the Torments.

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 16, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
5 dooms is a strange departure from the game normally allowing everyone access to the same special resources eventually

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah I missed 5 dooms completely I guess during the 6 or so months I stopped playing, sucks that I have no shot at them but that's what I get I guess.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is there any easy way to check which RMs I've already acquired for each character, or do I have to sift through the mountain of garbage that isn't arranged in any sensible fashion?

Just kidding, I already know the answer.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

LornMarkus posted:

Other random fact: unlike every other battle, your whole party starts with ATB 0 in Full Throttle (barring RMs that modify your starting ATB, I believe) so some fights are a bit of a race to get up mitigation before you get nuked.

Actually, the Torment Full Throttles all start everyone (including the bosses) with 50% ATB. The d220 event Full Throttles are sometimes 50% ATB and sometimes 0% ATB.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Is there any easy way to check which RMs I've already acquired for each character, or do I have to sift through the mountain of garbage that isn't arranged in any sensible fashion?

The Annex -> Library -> Record Materia, sort by whatever.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Fister Roboto posted:

From the main menu, go to the Annex -> Library -> Record materia. You can indeed sort by obtained RM

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh holy poo poo. Thanks.

Well it's still an enormous list but at least it's in character order.

e: I don't suppose there's any "eligible to obtain, but unobtained" filter?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Zurai posted:

Actually, the Torment Full Throttles all start everyone (including the bosses) with 50% ATB. The d220 event Full Throttles are sometimes 50% ATB and sometimes 0% ATB.

Ah yeah, I suppose I had forgotten that I haven't tried a Torment Full Throttle yet so those rules didn't necessarily apply. Thanks for the correction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fister Roboto posted:

e: I don't suppose there's any "eligible to obtain, but unobtained" filter?

Nope, the only "Unobtained" filter lists all the Lv99 materia you don't have MCs for, etc.

• Locked thread