Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

lohli posted:

Wildlands is listed on the EAC site so unless people push for it being replaced that's what people are going to have to put up with.

It's used in For Honor as well, one of my two bluescreens during it's betas was caused by EAC, the other was something breaking when I closed the game.

That sucks because this eye tracking stuff is pretty cool in Watch Dogs 2. You can just look at dudes on screen and it targets them for hacks or whatever. It gets kinda finnicky when two things are close to each other but otherwise it works pretty slick. I was wondering how well it would work in Wildlands, oh well. Maybe with the open beta before launch I can play one last time before they add EAC(wasn't in the closed beta).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
My good friend Fink bought me this account for Christmas because he kicks ass.

lohli posted:

This doesn't seem like the sort of game I'd want to play with anyone but a select few people that would play things similarly to me. I can't imagine how annoying playing it with random folks would be, unless it was just people trying to grab the little convoy things for resources or whatever.

Yeah, good point. Hoping the goonsquad is strong for this one!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Severed posted:

I understand the sentiment, but its really no different than anti-virus software at this point. I guess cheating in games makes this necessary? I'm willing to give it a shot unless it blue screens my computer.
I agree, kernel level anti-cheats oftentimes are very much like most anti-viruses - useless and outright harmful garbage written by overconfident people.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
Filtering for mics might actually make me want to try a pub group. I'd rather have AI then random people doing random stuff in the game.

A minor hooray!

Buying this on console share with a friend for half Price, if it's good I'll throw it on the PC as well. It's getting hard juggling Overwatch/BF1/For honor already with work and school taking up 60+ hours a week. Stupid degree better be worth it.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Obsurveyor posted:

That sucks because this eye tracking stuff is pretty cool in Watch Dogs 2. You can just look at dudes on screen and it targets them for hacks or whatever. It gets kinda finnicky when two things are close to each other but otherwise it works pretty slick. I was wondering how well it would work in Wildlands, oh well. Maybe with the open beta before launch I can play one last time before they add EAC(wasn't in the closed beta).

Pretty sure I already saw a populated EasyAntiCheat directory in the closed beta files, you sure it wasn't running?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Pretty sure I already saw a populated EasyAntiCheat directory in the closed beta files, you sure it wasn't running?

Hmm, I don't know. I know I didn't get any prompt to install it like I am with Watch Dogs 2. There's no service or anything left over in my system either.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It was there, I get service notifications on my PC.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
:frogsiren: Open Beta Information

Open Beta will run 23 February 2017 to 27 February 2017, with preloads being available from 20 February 2017.

There will be two regions to explore. The first one being the starting province that was available in the closed beta, while the other one is supposedly a harder - and more mountaneous - area.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It was there, I get service notifications on my PC.

well now I want to turn those on, what do you use for it

FastestGunAlive posted:

Saw several news stories over the weekend announcing them bringing two writers on board. Don't know if that was just weirdly timed press releases of old info or if they're going to try and make some big changes.

I saw this too and I agree, I feel like we're missing something. I thought the dialogue and especially VA were flat and boring so if they're trying to do some fast rewrites to punch things up, it seems like a pretty tight timeline to script, approve, record, and add the lines to the game. But who knows?

I also wish they had abandoned any pretense of seriousness and gone all-in on being Mercenaries 3 without getting sued by EA, but it's way too late for that one.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 16, 2017

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Psion posted:

I saw this too and I agree, I feel like we're missing something. I thought the dialogue and especially VA were flat and boring so if they're trying to do some fast rewrites to punch things up, it seems like a pretty tight timeline to script, approve, record, and add the lines to the game. But who knows?

I also wish they had abandoned any pretense of seriousness and gone all-in on being Mercenaries 3 without getting sued by EA, but it's way too late for that one.

"Why is this day 1 patch so big!?"
*Completely new audio and script*
*Had to get Jeff from WD2 to show us how to make vehicles work and this is our fourth attempt*
*Bill from accounting asked why no G36 and we pointed out it's in the game but he complained again so now all guns are the G36*
"Those are some weird patch notes."

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

El Jebus posted:

*Bill from accounting asked why no G36 and we pointed out it's in the game but he complained again so now all guns are the G36*

There's still no G36 in the mobile companion app :colbert:

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Psion posted:

I am also interested in this.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Psion posted:

Brutakas posted:

I am also interested in this.
Just Windows 10 with UAC and notification system enabled.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Shredder posted:

Or FAL :mad:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Shredder posted:

Hence the 48GB patch on day one. Also, because people complained it was too easy, they have renamed the game Division II, and enemies require multiple magazines to kill while still killing you in one shot on Ghost difficulty.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Avail posted:

Filtering for mics might actually make me want to try a pub group. I'd rather have AI then random people doing random stuff in the game.

A minor hooray!

Buying this on console share with a friend for half Price, if it's good I'll throw it on the PC as well. It's getting hard juggling Overwatch/BF1/For honor already with work and school taking up 60+ hours a week. Stupid degree better be worth it.

I'm in the same boat minus school and BF1 :getin:

I never would have guessed that I wouldn't be burned out from OW by now

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

nooo. FAL was my second most wanted, after G3. (bracing myself for no G3)

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
My good friend Fink bought me this account for Christmas because he kicks ass.
Surprised to seee amazon is sold out of gold edition...anyone who preorders frequently know if stock is likely to come back before release?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I had heard about this ages ago and forgot about it but from what I've seen this looks pretty neat in terms of customization.

I was one of the few people that dug Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for its super customizable guns. The character creator looks really impressive and the gun mechanic system looks just like GRFS so I'm pretty psyched.

I'm also really happy that enemies actually god drat die when they get shot. I bought The Division without knowing much about it other than "shoot baddies with your bros and get sweet guns." I think I played two missions and got into a "boss fight" where one guy needed to be shot with about 6 magazines before he died and just didn't even bother. I get they were going for the Destiny crowd but holy poo poo when peons take two shot gun blasts to the face you can just gently caress off.

Basically I just wanna roll through the woods with an M14 and AK-47, a sweet beard, some aviators and maybe kill some bad guys on my PC.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.
Hi. Is the G3A3 in this game? thanks.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Cling-Wrap Condom posted:

Hi. Is the G3A3 in this game? thanks.

Doesn't look like it

https://www.primagames.com/games/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-wildlands/tips/ghost-recon-wildlands-weapon-list-how-unlock-new-guns

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Is this game going to be on steam and if it is, will I be able to play with my uplay friends or only other friends that have it on steam

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Maybe at just me but based on the beta this game doesn't seem like what you would go to for any sort of realism in weapons or to experience real life guns. Everything just kind of felt like Generic 3rd Person Action Game Weapon.

I get that it's The Clance but what does that even mean any more.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Is this game going to be on steam and if it is, will I be able to play with my uplay friends or only other friends that have it on steam

Yes, the game is on Steam. The game runs through UPlay. You can only play with UPlay friends (that is, everyone).

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

phourniner posted:

Yes, the game is on Steam. The game runs through UPlay. You can only play with UPlay friends (that is, everyone).

Nice, I'll have to buy it then. Is there any perk to preordering like for honor or nah

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Nice, I'll have to buy it then. Is there any perk to preordering like for honor or nah
There's a pre order bonus mission, but that's it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

FastestGunAlive posted:

nooo. FAL was my second most wanted, after G3. (bracing myself for no G3)

Which is loving bizarre as either would be in abundance in Bolivia :argh:

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Anybody know if the multiplayer will work within LAN with a high latency internet connection? I've had good luck with most steamworks games but I'm not hopeful with Ubisoft.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Capn Beeb posted:

Which is loving bizarre as either would be in abundance in Bolivia :argh:

Yea for a drug cartel game, it seems weird to not have like the stereotypical south american rifle

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Yerok posted:

Anybody know if the multiplayer will work within LAN with a high latency internet connection? I've had good luck with most steamworks games but I'm not hopeful with Ubisoft.
The Division works fine, and it seemed to be ok during the GRW closed beta for the brief period I played co-op with my son ( we're in Tasmania, Australia ).

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Dammit, how can they NOT have the FNC!? :argh: (Or the FAL, like others have mentioned)
At least they have the SR-25, I suppose. But what on earth is the "¡UY!" item in the SMG list meant to be/represent?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Major Isoor posted:

Dammit, how can they NOT have the FNC!? :argh: (Or the FAL, like others have mentioned)
At least they have the SR-25, I suppose. But what on earth is the "¡UY!" item in the SMG list meant to be/represent?
It's a unique named weapon only available from killing a boss. It'll be unmoddable ( but will have weapon mods on it ), and a fancy paint job. Someone posted a "weapons of GRW" video a few pages back that showed pretty much everything including the named uniques.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Major Isoor posted:

Maybe it'll get released later in a patch or DLC?

Also preloading for the open beta started this morning.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

ZombyDog posted:

The Division works fine, and it seemed to be ok during the GRW closed beta for the brief period I played co-op with my son ( we're in Tasmania, Australia ).

Really? I uninstalled the Division for the space and because I have Hughes Net now so I just figured it wouldn't work. Our average latency is like 3500 ms, and the other problem is for most of the month we're throttled from going over our 10 gig daytime data cap. I guess I'll re-download the Division and try the Wildlands beta. Thank you.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
That seems high even for satellite internet.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I am definitely mis-remembering. Just did a couple test pings and I guess it's more like 1000 ms. I have definitely seen 2500 to 3500 ms many times though.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

That's still pretty high for satellite, but it doesn't surprise me seeing my girlfriend used to use Hughesnet and it was always poo poo plus they assigned her site ID to someone else concurrently at one point so she got stung for 300GB of bandwidth overuse. Now she uses Exede and I just had her test her ping, and even with a few other tabs open, speedtest said it's 638ms. Plus she gets 150GB of data a month. Hughesnet really need to update their infrastructure.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

doctor 7 posted:

Maybe it'll get released later in a patch or DLC?

Also preloading for the open beta started this morning.

Hopefully. Ubisoft have been leaning more into Games-As-A-Service, vis a vis the divison. It'd be cool to get all the guns I like added. At any rate, ARMA is always there with it's 20000000 mods to add any variant of any firearm you can imagine.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

doctor 7 posted:

I had heard about this ages ago and forgot about it but from what I've seen this looks pretty neat in terms of customization.

I was one of the few people that dug Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for its super customizable guns. The character creator looks really impressive and the gun mechanic system looks just like GRFS so I'm pretty psyched.

I'm also really happy that enemies actually god drat die when they get shot. I bought The Division without knowing much about it other than "shoot baddies with your bros and get sweet guns." I think I played two missions and got into a "boss fight" where one guy needed to be shot with about 6 magazines before he died and just didn't even bother. I get they were going for the Destiny crowd but holy poo poo when peons take two shot gun blasts to the face you can just gently caress off.

Basically I just wanna roll through the woods with an M14 and AK-47, a sweet beard, some aviators and maybe kill some bad guys on my PC.

Lol if you bought The Division without even knowing it was an arpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Yerok posted:

Really? I uninstalled the Division for the space and because I have Hughes Net now so I just figured it wouldn't work. Our average latency is like 3500 ms, and the other problem is for most of the month we're throttled from going over our 10 gig daytime data cap. I guess I'll re-download the Division and try the Wildlands beta. Thank you.
Yeah I dunno how'd The Division would do for you over that internet as I don't think it's peer to peer , but with GRW I'm pretty sure it is so a local co-op should be fine - I thought I have troubles with high latency to our nearest servers but 1000ms ( 1 second ) is way more than I consider high.

• Locked thread