Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze stands unnaturally.

Uh...aren't most sports cooperative? Like, even the track team pools together points to win their dual meets. I can't tell if that was supposed to be the joke or if Working Daze is just the latest in a long line of comics that somehow doesn't understand even the most basic premises of athletic games.

Tracksuit

I like to look at this as "Marketing! They'll do it every time!"

It's All Right Chief Dharma

...And there you go. The true ending. Now I'm left wondering what to replace it with, if anything. I could keep following along with the repeats in the giant white space format. Or, I could look for older ones in the original format myself and translate them at random. They're fairly easy to find, just not in any coherent order.

Park Seong-hoon's first comic, Bean Flour, is a possibility, but they lack a chronological source and are more difficult to find than older Dharmas in general because of the comic's generic name. I'm guessing that Bean Flour, like Dharma, was published in a newspaper somewhere, but I don't know which one.

There's also Mother From Another Country. All three seasons of it are fully archived. The third season is the project that succeeded It's All Right Chief Dharma. That one, though, was a webcomic from the very beginning, although it uses a standardized format as opposed to the infinite canvas most commonly utilized by South Korean webcomics.

Or I could just stop posting. Which is probably what would have happened if I'd hit the ending a couple months ago. I'm probably game for the rest of the year at least if anyone still wants me around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The Chief deserves happiness.

I love a happy ending :allears:

Almost as much as I love this Phantom strip.

THE gently caress!

That is the single greatest panel ever drawn!

I swear I would make it my new avatar, but I couldn't bare to crop any of it out.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Feb 16, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Adieu, Chief Dharma.

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Dec. 19, 1994)

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

I'm glad Chief Dharma had a happy ending... at least for the Chief. Aww man now I wanna know how everyone else got on too!
Edit: thank you for posting/translating - I really enjoyed reading that one!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

In case anyone wants it.

Edit: or is that too large?

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
The payoff on this silly stamp story has been great. But yeah, that avatar is too big.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Pickles

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Gorilla Salad posted:

That is the single greatest panel ever drawn!

I swear I would make it my new avatar, but I couldn't bare to crop any of it out.

Couldn't you make it into a set of avatar-sized squares and put them together as a .gif? So it starts as the Phantom asking them how they're doing, cuts to various shots of the guys in the back, ends on Devil riding shotgun, for example.

(I'm clueless how these things work, so no idea if that's a daft idea or a possible solution).

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
That is the absolute last thing I thought would happen in the storyline, and I love it.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy takes a drastic shift in tone. (December 19, 1929)

Peanuts (February 19, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (May 5-6, 1930)

Thimble Theater (September 5, 1930)

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Thank you for posting the Chief. It's one of the few comics I went out of my way to click on.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Liquid Calvin and Revolver Hobbes.

Ripley's

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Low hanging fruit

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

That's no letter!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Believe it or not, here's an interesting article on the ampersand! http://www.artlebedev.com/mandership/112/

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Today's Dogg

Dustin

Mandrake

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Low hanging fruit

I think mine is lower.

Bizarro

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

Mark Trail

"Give it a chance, MathGuy, they haven't elaborated yet," I thought to myself yesterday. More fool me.

Yep. Because the pictures that got everybody so warm on social media that appeared to be of Great White Hunters standing over dead Cecils and giraffes and elephants were all actually of brave individuals saving Africans from man-eaters. Thanks, Mark Trail!

(Spoiling for :nms: and also sad and angryfying)

Thanks for saving everybody from that monster, Lady!

Mark Trail coming out in favor of big game hunting. I did not expect to see that.

Here's something that's also gross:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Julet Esqu posted:

Yep. Because the pictures that got everybody so warm on social media that appeared to be of Great White Hunters standing over dead Cecils and giraffes and elephants were all actually of brave individuals saving Africans from man-eaters. Thanks, Mark Trail!

(Spoiling for :nms: and also sad and angryfying)

Thanks for saving everybody from that monster, Lady!

Mark Trail coming out in favor of big game hunting. I did not expect to see that.

Can you even eat a giraffe?

Edit: isn't the Mark Trail writer super right-wing?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Julet Esqu posted:

I dunno, it's certainly consistent with Jam Esallen's "global warming is a hoax" and "destroying the environment is fine as long as you're looking for pretty rocks" positions.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SomeMathGuy posted:

I dunno, it's certainly consistent with Jam Esallen's "global warming is a hoax" and "destroying the environment is fine as long as you're looking for pretty rocks" positions.

That's pretty ironic.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Selachian posted:

Here's my favorite Actually Funny Bizarro (which I like mostly for the stupid pun):

i don't get it

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

i don't get it

The sale is moving. It moved that couple to tears.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
o i c

tiercel
Apr 22, 2008

Aleph Null posted:

Sure; they're kosher!

There are difficult conversations that can be had about how many endangered animals are dangerous to the people who live near them, who are often extremely poor, but I don't think that's what Jam Esallen is portraying here.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Gilchrist's work has taken a brilliant turn! His new comic featuring the misadventures of hideous furry goblins has placed him among the ranks of masters of the grotesque like Bosch and Giger.

I don't know why he keeps calling his creatures "dogs", though?... :ghost:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Aleph Null posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-1121222/Giraffe-Its-height-fine-dining-says-TV-chef-Hugh.html

btw. I remember an old episode of some Twilight Zone type (maybe even TZ itself) horror/thriller series where the plot involved a highly successful restaurant that was specialized in giraffe courses. A competitor (?) tries to snoop around where they are getting the meat from, and finally (SPOILERS!) breaks it into the restaurant's pantry, and is surprised by the chef who reveals that the secret ingredient is human flesh and butchers the guy. Does anyone remember this?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Simian_Prime posted:

Gilchrist's work has taken a brilliant turn! His new comic featuring the misadventures of hideous furry goblins has placed him among the ranks of masters of the grotesque like Bosch and Giger.

I don't know why he keeps calling his creatures "dogs", though?... :ghost:
They are clealry labeled "Doggs", not "dogs".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is the assistant guy still in the boot?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

goatface posted:

Is the assistant guy still in the boot?

No, he took off when the Phantom let him out of the trunk and told him to take off.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (February 19, 1970)

The whole "head beagle" thing is stupid and terrible but I do have to say, at least it's better than the series of strips where three or four days in a row the punchline was Snoopy staring into the distance saying "Petaluma?"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

If tomorrow's Fingerpori is a new man train strip, this week is perfect.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Oh lord, I really really dread the next few strips. Les is going to get poo poo on so hard.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So how much money is fatty spending there to mainline some gatorade

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
1500 at the bare minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Good bye Chief Dharma, you were my favorite. Thanks for taking the time to translate and post.

Did they ever explain why Pru is sticking around? I thought she lived and worked in NYC.

• Locked thread