Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Holy drat this looks sweet as heck

Too bad he has 0 playstyles I can enjoy.

I want my GR default costumes back from the grinder. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Luckily when they put in the costume wardrobe, you'll automatically be able to select the character's default look.

vv: That too.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 15, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Lozareth posted:

I want my GR default costumes back from the grinder. :mad:

Just take your slotted costume off. Problem solved.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
It's uh, kinda tight across the chest. (first time that's ever been mentioned in MH as a negative)

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
for the love of god, someone repost arboc's s96 video. i refuse to believe it has been lost forever.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im the Tuff 13

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I Cosmic'd Slord through LQs

eat a dick

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Might play this more than 1h per week when BB is released, if he's good.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
...Enough...

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Guessing that's Black Bolt's basic attack and unlocks at lvl 1.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
How come Spider-Man doesn't have his Noire costume? I want to run around with him narrating everything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Noir used a gun, right? That would mean an enhanced costume, and that pipeline is currently full with ones that make male characters into women.

Vvv oh yeah vvv

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 16, 2017

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Noir's in, but it's in one of the early fortune cards.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Decided to gear up and play some of the snipesman himself, Blade.

I managed to land myself my very own private CMM instance where I could play and see unambiguously how well he handles content. I think he does a drat good job. He's not absurdly overpowered but he handle everything.

you can see so in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54j3wrFYmJw

His signature is awesome combined with the tier 1 starving bonus damage stacks. Oh and be sure to get a catalyst with on it :-)
Too bad it bugged out for me after a while and then the cooldown only started after it ended or something, maybe gaz livetuned it since I was invisible more than Invisible Woman.

Here's the build/gear I'm using. My gear choices are nearly random, there's probably a better set of gear to wear. Shades are canon though

edit: I figured out what's wrong with the mystic invis proc; if you have ANY power duration the cooldown becomes 25s. Take off the power duration items (slot 2 and 4) and you can be permanently invisible.

cl_gibcount 9999 fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 16, 2017

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

yah wahtever but check out the new fairly loving husky Doc Ock VA with patented yellow gut action and posable corn syrup man tits #dadbod #superior #healthateverysize

e:this motherfucker got pleats into his drat skintight leggings. unmarried older relative from 1925 lookin rear end

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

you can be permanently invisible.

just like the new content then

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Mover posted:

yah wahtever but check out the new fairly loving husky Doc Ock VA with patented yellow gut action and posable corn syrup man tits #dadbod #superior #healthateverysize

e:this motherfucker got pleats into his drat skintight leggings. unmarried older relative from 1925 lookin rear end

:lol: that is fuckin creepy

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Yeah look, I'll take it over whatever the gently caress was going on with his lips in the previous model.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I will say this about Black Bolt, his initial TC iteration really captures the character's depiction in the comics of sitting around doing nothing, then whispering and blowing up everything, then not really wanting to do anything for a long while.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mover posted:

this dude needs to be playable

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

punchymcpunch posted:

this dude needs to be playable

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Holy poo poo... is he wearing dishwashing gloves?

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

punchymcpunch posted:

Holy poo poo... is he wearing dishwashing gloves?

If he is... then why do I feel so dirty?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
So apparently Black(agar) Bolt(agon) has no voice lines apart from his Signature and Ultimate. This is offset by Medusa having more lines than any other team-up, mostly because, like in the comic, she'll speak in stead of her husband.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Trip report from a new player:
Your first level 60 takes 10-12 hours, because the story only carries you to level 50 or so. You have to do about ten legendaries per level to finish. It sucks and is very disappointing.
Your second level 60 takes substantially less time, because the story drops you off around level 58 or so. Legendary grinding still sucks but you need to do much less of it.

That said, what is the "grinder" and how does it relate to getting new costumes? How in general do I get new costumes outside of the cash shop?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

LordSaturn posted:

That said, what is the "grinder" and how does it relate to getting new costumes? How in general do I get new costumes outside of the cash shop?

By purchasing a gourd of prestige from Clea, you restart at level one and get a copy of your default costume. When your crafter is high enough leveled, you can trade three for a random. This is going away eventually, so between the crafter grind and getting your synergy up enough that prestige leveling is not a terrible idea, the answer for you is probably, "you don't."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When your crafter is level 20 (or maybe 19? It's been a while) you can throw in 3 costumes (and some extras but they're plentiful) to get 1 randomly selected one. For most players these are the extra defaults gained from prestige.

I can't even remember if costumes can still drop.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

One of the loading screens says they drop but I've never seen it in ~450 hours of play.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Overminty posted:

One of the loading screens says they drop but I've never seen it in ~450 hours of play.

I'd say they are about 1 to every 1500-2000 hours of play.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

LordSaturn posted:

Trip report from a new player:
Your first level 60 takes 10-12 hours, because the story only carries you to level 50 or so. You have to do about ten legendaries per level to finish. It sucks and is very disappointing.
Your second level 60 takes substantially less time, because the story drops you off around level 58 or so. Legendary grinding still sucks but you need to do much less of it.

Thanks for telling us this, I've been curious how the "new player experience" is. Everyone in the sg is jaded veteran with 200% bonus xp so I've always taken their comments saying that it's so quick to level with a grain of salt.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I will say this about Black Bolt, his initial TC iteration really captures the character's depiction in the comics of sitting around doing nothing, then whispering and blowing up everything, then not really wanting to do anything for a long while.

He fires energy from his hands and not his head antennas.

#notmyblackbolt

:colbert:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

madstrike posted:

He fires energy from his hands and not his head antennas.

#notmyblackbolt

:colbert:
Oh and that too. And a kit that screams for the brief moment when the Midtown Signet gave you guaranteed procs.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah their black bolt iteration is all kinds of hosed up. I don't get it at all.

Hell, just uproot 5 powers from Future Fight and put them here. Then add more stuff. It's that easy.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yeah their black bolt iteration is all kinds of hosed up. I don't get it at all.

Hell, just uproot 5 powers from Future Fight and put them here. Then add more stuff. It's that easy.
Literally just give him his Future Fight powers and that's it and you'd have made a more interesting character to play.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"just uproot 5 powers from Future Fight" is also Future Fight's new character design philosophy.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

You should actually have to play BB by typing words for him to say and it turns your ui into one of the old Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing games

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
how would I design the black bolt?

1. a dash that gives you reflect rating
2. a crashdown
3. a ranged dot layer with slow and vulnerability
4. a completely useless charge up skill that pushes enemies away and does poo poo damage
5. a high cooldown, high damage skill that regens primary resource
6. a medium cooldown skill that shaves 2 seconds off your signature
7. a signature power
8. a basic attack that regens primary resource
9. a "spender", a spammable attack used as a filler
10. a melee dot layer with weaken
11. a skill that stuns everyone around you (original twist: it also stuns you)
12. a channeled short range aoe
13. a steroid that increases basic damage, tenacity, credit find and brutical strike chance

also he sees enemies on the mini map because he's made of sound and therefore like a bat

hire me dr. gaz

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Typing of the Marvel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Overminty posted:

Pirate Deadpool dropped for me.