Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Fauxlson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Sorry for the typo.

Coulsine.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Coultron!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Age Of Coultron

To be followed by

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Fitzfinity War

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

ApeHawk posted:

Guys, guys, guys. We're missing the big picture here:

We need names for LMDs Mack, Coulson, Mace, and Daisy...and maybe Fitz?

Mackintosh
(Coultron is already too good.)
(Can't think of one for Mace, but now he's definitely a Faker Fake and now actually inhuman.)
Quake 2
(Fitzbit is already p good.)

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Longbaugh01 posted:

(Can't think of one for Mace, but now he's definitely a Faker Fake and now actually inhuman.)

Second Unit Director

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This episode reminded me of Futurama, when Fry-bot ran off with Leela-bot. Good times.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Any word on if the show has a snowball's chance of getting one more season?

If not, when is the last story "pod" going to start? I hope it leaves them time to at least give us a final arc.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Guys, guys. Fitz is the robot. He hosed with the detection software.

The only question is whether Gemma is one too, and for how long Fitz has been swapped (he set the scanner off last week, remember, but claimed it was Mace's outfit).

Like, either he was swapped in this episode when he was alone, or he's been a robot for ages (accounting for some of his behavior -- the interest in Aida's head, being so quick to destroy LMD Radcliffe). The latter means that he could have been loving with the LMD detector for ages, but doesn't account for his absence from the submarine (unless the original died), so I'm going with the former for now.

Coulson is using the May LMD for some other reason -- it's a misdirect.

Nah, I'm willing to take the show at face value this once. Coulsonbot gonna romance Maybot beep boop.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

Nah, I'm willing to take the show at face value this once. Coulsonbot gonna romance Maybot beep boop.

Honestly all of these theories are entirely plausible and I wouldn't be unhappy with any of them, which is a good sign.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Blazing Ownager posted:

The "Cancel Bear" says renewal is about 50/50

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Mymla posted:

Alphonso "Mack" MacKenzie waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were robots in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Leopold Fitz were not listened to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Mack was a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY ROBOTS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the airplane base of S.H.I.E.L.D. he knew there were robots.
"This is Coulson" the radio crackered. "You must fight the robots!"
So Mack gotted his sohtgun axe and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the robots "I will shoot at him" said Aida and fired the rocket missiles. Mack shotugnned at her and blew her up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the robots" he shouted The radio said "No, Mack. You are the robots"
And then Mack was a robot.

:perfect:

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Blazing Ownager posted:

If not, when is the last story "pod" going to start? I hope it leaves them time to at least give us a final arc.

IGN had an article up today saying Jed Whedon is directing the next episode, which is the final one of the LMD arc. So I'm assuming after next week's episode we'll get the name of the final arc, which I have no idea where they'll go from here at this point...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The next arc will be Doctor Doom and Venom.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Too bad it won't be anything to tie into Guardians Vol 2.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

bentacos posted:

Too bad it won't be anything to tie into Guardians Vol 2.

Probably back to the inhumans, Senator Nadeer's brother is in a husk at the bottom of the sea.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

Well, with three high profile MCU movies getting released this year, the biggest one yet coming next year (Infinity War), and viewer numbers often doubling when you account for streaming and DVR and such, I bet it gets a fifth season.

But most importantly, what are they going to put in that slot instead? Yeah, they could cancel it and replace it with something else. But chances are exceptionally slim that'll does any better, while being much more likely it does worse. I also have a hard time imagining the replacement garnering a comparably loyal fan base. Plus, unless they fill the slot with the forthcoming Inhumans show, whatever they pick won't tie into entertainment force of nature that is the MCU. And doesn't the network get way more money for a syndicated show with 100 episodes?

Also there's this EW interview from last month:

In an interview with EW, head of ABC entertainment division Channing Dungey posted: posted:

A few Marvel questions. How do you move these shows forward when Netflix has gained so much ground with Jessica Jones? How do you feel about the state of Marvel on ABC?
Look, we are incredibly encouraged. Season 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been creatively the strongest season we’ve had yet. The episodes just keep getting better and stronger. And that’s another one for us that we moved from 9 to 10 and yet even though the HUD levels are softer at 10, the live-same-day has remained the same and that’s another one of our shows which regularly goes up triple digits over the seven-day period, anywhere from 100 to 110 percent.

So you see a future for S.H.I.E.L.D.?
Absolutely. I’m very bullish on S.H.I.E.L.D. and we’re also really excited about our production with Marvel, ABC Studios, and IMAX, which we are working on for next fall as well.

The sixth season, though? That's a lot more iffy, because they'll have more time to deal with the issues I mentioned above. Oh well. This show hasn't made a single episode I haven't enjoyed since the end of season one. Yeah, some have been weaker than others, but there isn't a single "the history of Jack's tattoos" tier episode in three seasons. Carrying that level of quality beyond 100 episodes seems like it would take a lot more resources than ABC is willing to spend.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Wait, there's three arcs this year? And LMD is ending after next week? Wow, I legit have no idea where they're going to go next, and I'm kind of excited.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

There aren't three arcs. When the LMD arc is done, so is season 4. I think someone was just mistaken.

Edit: the mistaken person was me and I am wrong.

Ireallylikeeggs fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 16, 2017

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Elentor posted:

This episode reminded me of Futurama, when Fry-bot ran off with Leela-bot. Good times.

Me too but only cuz Superior said Philip J Coulson.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

There aren't three arcs. When the LMD arc is done, so is season 4. I think someone was just mistaken.

No, there's definitely more episodes this season. iTunes is still showing "Buy Season Pass" for seven bucks and change for me, and at the usual rate of 2 bucks per episode, that means there's a minimum of 3 more episodes...maybe 4 because the season pass is usually cheaper than buying each individual ep.

My guess? Final mini arc dealing with either the Darkhold...or tying up that Agent Carter cliffhanger.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Wikipedia still shows there being three pods total this season.

Also, I don't know if somebody's mentioned it, but what if Fitz is an LMD and the other people aren't, and he'd programmed the detector to go off falsely so he and Simmons battle it out with Daisy, Mac, Coulson and Mace? What if the goal is to have them wipe themselves out?

Additionally, I'm not convinced the Russian guy is the Superior. I think he's a front. What if the Superior is LMD-Ward and that's what the third pod is about?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CornHolio posted:

Wikipedia still shows there being three pods total this season.

Also, I don't know if somebody's mentioned it, but what if Fitz is an LMD and the other people aren't, and he'd programmed the detector to go off falsely so he and Simmons battle it out with Daisy, Mac, Coulson and Mace? What if the goal is to have them wipe themselves out?

Additionally, I'm not convinced the Russian guy is the Superior. I think he's a front. What if the Superior is LMD-Ward and that's what the third pod is about?

What if you're an LMD? What if you're a Skrull? What if you're a Skrull LMD?! :gonk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

HERAK posted:

Probably back to the inhumans, Senator Nadeer's brother is in a husk at the bottom of the sea.

And Graviton is presumably still in the gravitonian in a government vault somewhere, but something tells me we won't see him before the end of the series, either.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

And Graviton is presumably still in the gravitonian in a government vault somewhere, but something tells me we won't see him before the end of the series, either.

He was actually being walked off by Raina and Super Rich Guy in like the 2nd or 3rd to last episode of season 1. Raina came back in season 2 but I don't think rich guy has even been mentioned since then. Kind of weird since AOS has been pretty good about their teasers actually going somewhere. I'm guessing either Rich Guy or Graviton's actor not wanting to come back for whatever reason.

And let's be honest: Graviton would be a pretty loving powerful villain for this show.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Nope. Bennet posted on her Instagram that the next episode is the end of the pod and she hopes people stick around for the next one.

Also, names: Fitzbit, iMack, Macebook, Skyenet ...Coulbot? Can't think of one for Coulson.

Nevermind.

Fitzbit, iMack, Macebook, Skyenet, Coultron, and LMayD

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 16, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MechaCoulson?

Philtron?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Someone mentioned Coultron which is pretty much perfect.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Mackross?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Agent Codeson

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I liked this episode a whole lot. :)

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

I was a little disappointed Daisy didn't just keep hammering him with quakes until he shattered like Humpty Dumpty, though. The show is usually pretty good about avoiding the "leave our enemies just sitting around to come after us again" poo poo, and after she floored him she just .. walked off and didn't worry about it later.

I'll be honest: this bothered the hell out of me to the point where it took me out of the show completely. I don't care about anything else that happened this episode. Leaving the bad guy there without checking if he was dead was just a gross oversight, especially for Daisy, who has a personal vendetta against Watchdogs.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

This is the first episode in a long time that didn't grab me.

But am excited for next week after that ending.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

enraged_camel posted:

I'll be honest: this bothered the hell out of me to the point where it took me out of the show completely. I don't care about anything else that happened this episode. Leaving the bad guy there without checking if he was dead was just a gross oversight, especially for Daisy, who has a personal vendetta against Watchdogs.

I agree with everyone who really liked the episode, but I totally agree with you. That outright bugged me. I would have overlooked it if the superior was captured at the end, but KO'ing the #1 inhuman murderer and then just walking away was a real jolt of "Really? REALLY?"

It probably bugs me more because the show avoids that cliche really well so it felt even more out of place.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Maybe Daisy was already feeling a bit loopy from being drugged or gassed or whatever.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I bet the climax of this storyline is Fitzsimmons have to enter the Matrix and free their respective mind prisons while "Liberate Me From Hell" plays in the background.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Phylodox posted:

Maybe Daisy was already feeling a bit loopy from being drugged or gassed or whatever.

Yeah, I think I would've liked the scene better if she noticed she was sedated and about to drop after fighting for a while, and slammed the dude into a wall or something right before passing out.

But then the reveal at the end would've been less surprising, and we can't have that I guess?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
After the constant Star Wars references, especially the last episode, not to mention all Mack's move talk about evil robots, it's kinda jarring how the word "Matrix" apparently cannot be uttered, while they deal with getting jacked into virtual worlds, and crib one scenario entirely from the movie. After 'Huh, Tatooine' there's no way Coulson could resist a 'Whoa'.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

counterfeitsaint posted:

After the constant Star Wars references, especially the last episode, not to mention all Mack's move talk about evil robots, it's kinda jarring how the word "Matrix" apparently cannot be uttered, while they deal with getting jacked into virtual worlds, and crib one scenario entirely from the movie. After 'Huh, Tatooine' there's no way Coulson could resist a 'Whoa'.

I doubt they would reference media outside of Disneys wide umbrella. I haven't checked all the references but a quick check finds that Chopping Mall was produced by Concorde Pictures, which signed a distribution contract with Buena Vista Home Entertainment, thus those killer robots might make the mouse a few dimes if someone buys the DVD after hearing about it on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

PierreTheMime posted:

I doubt they would reference media outside of Disneys wide umbrella. I haven't checked all the references but a quick check finds that Chopping Mall was produced by Concorde Pictures, which signed a distribution contract with Buena Vista Home Entertainment, thus those killer robots might make the mouse a few dimes if someone buys the DVD after hearing about it on the show.

They've mentioned Terminator. I think though that this is a little too similar to the Matrix for them to bring it up in the show.

• Locked thread