Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Baron Corbyn posted:

She's Tongan though

And if Tamina's one of the ones Foxy's referring to, she's Fijian-Japanese if I'm not mistaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

chris hero is not the best in the world anymore, he has in fact always been bad

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Super No Vacancy posted:

chris hero is not the best in the world anymore, he has in fact always been bad
:gas:

which is something Chris Hero would do because he's got the cardio of a god.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Who's Chris Hero, I'd much rather talk about Kassius Ohno.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre the same person actually

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Please don't troll

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wrong thread.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
In slight bummer news depending on your beliefs, referee Drake Wuertz (Younger) is retweeting Pro-Trump accounts.

Edit: It's also kinda news because you rarely see stuff like that one way or another form anyone under WWE contract

Troxartas fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 13, 2017

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Chris Hero is the best wrestler in the world and I think that gives him the right to do whatever the gently caress he wants with his look

he should get fatter though

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Let's All Get Fat for 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Already on top of that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/831261649046679557

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Update!
https://twitter.com/P_Gordon_Diddy/status/831192634026766336

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Troxartas posted:

In slight bummer news depending on your beliefs, referee Drake Wuertz (Younger) is retweeting Pro-Trump accounts.

Edit: It's also kinda news because you rarely see stuff like that one way or another form anyone under WWE contract
Is it really shocking that Drake is conservative since he's a pretty big Born Again Christian IIRC?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Yeah a highly religious white man from Indiana being conservative is hardly a surprise

Disappointing though, I always liked Drake

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
He's from Indianapolis, which is one of the few places in Indiana that still leans blue, but it's not that much of a surprise. Probably scores him a few points with those in charge, too.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Everyone watch tonight, supposedly the Trent Seven vs. Tyler Bate match is really good.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Ember as Peyton/Billie spoiler yet again reminds me: Did Daria Berenato just fall off the face of the Earth or something?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ohno promo!!

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Percy Watson actively makes the product worse.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Glad I haven't missed this match, heard it was great.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

We get Dunne next week? :allears:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was a good match

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Tyler Bate is very young and also very good.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
tyler bate's music sounds like the theme from an 80's sitcom about a pair of odd couple bachelors who share an apartment in NYC.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Eltoasto posted:

Tyler Bate is very young and also very good.

Kinda crazy to think that in 15-20 years he might be hitting his peak performance wise :stare:

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Sugar Blaster posted:

tyler bate's music sounds like the theme from an 80's sitcom about a pair of odd couple bachelors who share an apartment in NYC.

it's just a knockoff cover of peter gabriel sledgehammer which he actually used

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

CarlCX posted:

Did Daria Berenato just fall off the face of the Earth or something?

That is the developmental process that NXT uses. Many wrestlers will show up for a couple of matches as a jobber/fill a gap in the schedule or try a new gimmick, and then disappear again. And then they use that feedback to develop the wrestler further, and then bring them back for a longer tv run. For example: Aliyah is someone who is a step ahead of that process than Daria, Liv Morgan is a step ahead of Aliyah, and Billy/Peyton are a step ahead of Liv. It's just less noticeable lately since they have been using more indie stars who start towards the end of the developmental process.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Daria has also been doing some touring shows recently so I'd say she's fairly highly thought of. It might also be a case of them wanting a break between doing job duty on TV and doing a proper debut.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Daria has also been doing some touring shows recently so I'd say she's fairly highly thought of. It might also be a case of them wanting a break between doing job duty on TV and doing a proper debut.

Yeah, the women's division has stuff going on, if Daria develops well she can be someone you make look dominant, and the current plots don't allow another woman to do that right now.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I can't imagine Ember wins the shot next week, because it feels like they'd save Asuka/Ember for Mania weekend. Maybe a Peyton win after turning on Billie?

Wait... now I can't remember? Is it Peyton/Billie/Ember or Peyton/Liv/Ember?

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 16, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My hypothesis is that Daria doesn't look enough like a Mortal Kombat character so they have to rework her gimmick a bit.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Phenix Rising posted:

I can't imagine Ember wins the shot next week, because it feels like they'd save Asuka/Ember for Mania weekend. Maybe a Peyton win after turning on Billie?

Wait... now I can't remember? Is it Peyton/Billie/Ember or Peyton/Liv/Ember?

It's Liv.

I could see either Peyton or Liv as the winner there for a transitional feud until Mania. Ember or Nikki has to be the Takeover match.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Have they actually started putting Ember on TV (frequently) or are we just still assuming she's the credible opponent in waiting based on... having debut vignettes? Seems like we've been assuming they're, "saving Ember" for something down the road for quite a long time now despite not being showcased at all on TV or Takeovers.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

She wins on tv all the time

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

So she has started to be on TV since the last Takeover then, around when Asuka asked her if she actually worked in NXT

edit: never mind I see her here and there in recaps before that as well

Tweak fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 16, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still know nothing about Ember's character beyond "has red contacts, maybe a werewolf?"

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Benne posted:

I still know nothing about Ember's character beyond "has red contacts, maybe a werewolf?"

Don't forget she also fans the flames.

ChineseConnection
Jun 23, 2005
I really enjoyed Ember as Athena on the indies, but I feel like she hasn't yet been paired up with an opponent that can really show how deep her in-ring skills are. As to her character, I feel like she has the same problem as Finn Balor - she looks like a killer coming down the ramp, but doesn't show that in her mannerisms or moves in the ring. Asuka is somewhat a counterpoint - her entrance makes her look like a next level badass, but she shows it in each in-ring performance too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Roddy gave one of the worst promos I've ever seen.

• Locked thread