Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I play and enjoy videogames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I play some videogames to have fun and then i play starcraft 2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't play ones that aren't fun.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I played some Tomb Raider last night and another one of Lara's friends died, RIP

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

I played some Tomb Raider last night and another one of Lara's friends died, RIP

I don't know why they bother having characters other than Lara croft in the Tomb raider games

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wandle Cax posted:

I don't know why they bother having characters other than Lara croft in the Tomb raider games

its so that they can gruesomely kill them!

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
ok i am happy to play PS4 games, i think shaming people to be poor should be banable. i mean i know liberals think poor people should be genocide so pro players should just kill jews since this thread ius the same as /r/thedonald.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Some of them survive.

To get killed in the next game

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
BARONS CYBER SKULL i will hope you get killed when the people take back this country from limp dick democrats and Nazi republicans. you call us sub human, i call you out. i am in a fach batching mood.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It bothers me to no end how some of the characters call her "Laura".

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They can't help being American

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Sakurazuka posted:

Some of them survive.

To get killed in the next game
No spoilers!!!!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It bothers me to no end how some of the characters call her "Laura".

I did not notice this. Now I can't unhear it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There's scenes in the game, I think on the beach, where different characters call her Lara and Laura in the space of seconds.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There's scenes in the game, I think on the beach, where different characters call her Lara and Laura in the space of seconds.

This is an accurate portrayal of most Americans.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I enjoy playing PS4 games on my PS4 slim!

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yes but what games

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

:siren: I am not going to get a pro :siren:

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Money in my pocket but i just won't buy no pro

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
PS4Pro? #notmyplaystation

Wendell
May 11, 2003

If I ever even see a Pro I will spit all over it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Pro is going to get outdone by whatever it is Microsoft is coming out with this fall anyways.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

gently caress that, it'll be outdone by the fourth iteration which will be the Pro 2 or Pro Slim or 2Pro4U.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

I said come in! posted:

The Pro is going to get outdone by whatever it is Microsoft is coming out with this fall anyways.

This will be a weird one, it's meant to be several orders of magnitude more powerful than the current-gen, but still back-compatible with all XONE games? It's a new generation for them in everything but name.

I'm waiting to see that further outdone when Sony inevitably release the PS4 Ultra...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

To be fair, X-Box has always been backward compatible. That's its one major selling point over the competition.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish Xbox One had original Xbox support, I don't have my 360 anymore.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wonder how big the Scorpio is gonna be. I just saw some Bones in a shop (nobody I know owns one) and they're loving enormous.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I replaced my Xbox One with the S model for that very reason.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I am still not convinced the Scorpio will do all Microsoft claims it will do for a reasonable price point. It'll be a premium product or else MS will be taking losses for years.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The $200 I saved by getting a Slim over a Pro didn't make or break my finances, I just like to think of it as $200 more that I can spend on my next big video game purchase without feeling irresponsible. I'm better off that way since I'll probably be doing something dumb like buying a Switch in its first year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Microsoft confirmed a few months back that it will be significantly more expensive (their words) then the Xbox One S. I don't think they intend to sell it at a price point that appeals to everyone they can, it'll be an enthusiast gaming machine. It's going to have to be able to do native 4K on everything to justify that though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My PS4 was a gift so I'm not getting a PS Pro unless I can get it for cheap as free too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

To be fair, X-Box has always been backward compatible. That's its one major selling point over the competition.

"Always" is not correct

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There's no PS4 Lumines game right? I was thinking about it the other day and kind of want to play it without hooking my 360 up (it's all I have it on okay).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I said come in! posted:

Microsoft confirmed a few months back that it will be significantly more expensive (their words) then the Xbox One S. I don't think they intend to sell it at a price point that appeals to everyone they can, it'll be an enthusiast gaming machine. It's going to have to be able to do native 4K on everything to justify that though.

It's going to be trotted out to die at this rate. XBones just don't have the library of exclusives to stand on a newer expensive model the way the PS4 Pro could encourage upgrades with (once that Boost mode came out, at least). It's an overpriced niche machine as you said, but it's up against it's own more conventional sibling, two versions of the PS4, and the Switch. All of which are almost certainly going to be cheaper.

Real hurthling! posted:

"Always" is not correct

Indeed. Xbox 360's backwards-compatibility has a whole lot of red in its list about which Xbox games are actually playable in a reasonable state and which will just fall over trying to run the disk or have missing textures. And the XBone's hasn't been so much a selling point as "please, god, buy it. We're good for some more exclusives, promise, just play your old stuff in the meantime on it okay? :ohdear:"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I meant xb1 was not bc for 3 years when it might have mattered

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Microsoft's Secret Plan To Destroy Sony :evilbuddy:

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's going to be trotted out to die at this rate. XBones just don't have the library of exclusives to stand on a newer expensive model the way the PS4 Pro could encourage upgrades with (once that Boost mode came out, at least). It's an overpriced niche machine as you said, but it's up against it's own more conventional sibling, two versions of the PS4, and the Switch. All of which are almost certainly going to be cheaper

yes but how many idiots spent $150 on a "better" controller? or $200 more for a "better" ps4 :lol:

seriously though if scorpio got a new viva pinata I'd preorder that poo poo

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm hoping Microsoft can pull a rabbit out of its hat because I don't think gamers will really benefit if we're left with Sony having a monopoly over consoles (yes yes, except for the Switch). Keeping that competition going would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

I'm hoping Microsoft can pull a rabbit out of its hat because I don't think gamers will really benefit if we're left with Sony having a monopoly over consoles (yes yes, except for the Switch). Keeping that competition going would be nice.

Agreed.
If Microsoft had no competition with regards to paying for an online subscription. we'd still be paying 50 bucks for only the privilege to play online. Now, we atleast get some games out of it.
Competition is only good and I hope Microsoft comes up with something great.