Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Dreadnaught is not a farming event, so no bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

Will the FF2 characters have bonus up on the Dreadnaught?

It's not a King Mog event, so I'm pretty confident the answer is no.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

HGH posted:

Why RIP when I can just have Mercedes dual wield two good axes now without needing to get her TM? She's definitely gonna be my #2 damage dealer once my Gilgamesh finishes cooking.

Isn't one axe enough to get the +ATK bonus from Axe Mastery? She can also use hammers and swords (and daggers I guess but eh). You could use the Mighty Hammer with the FF2 event axe for an easy+30% HP, or just something with some extra punch.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bought the 70k moogle and that's everything except for Randi's exclusive materia and I have no Randi. Back to TM grinding.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
I don't know about all of you, but I'm eternally Cactaur starved. Every grind event is a miracle of 100 Giant C's. I'd buy 1000 if they were available.

So, I need advice: Do I go all-in on Ace?
I pulled him (my first and only 5* base) a few weeks ago, and he's excellent. I ALSO just pulled a Seven, and that is where the dilemma starts.
Is it worth it to grind her to 6* lvl 100 so she can Elementlash on my main team? That -50% to fire/ice/lit is a direct buff to
    Ace (DW using some kind of element rod)
    Chizuru (DW with the fire Katana)
    Exdeath (assuming I really want to go the magic route)
    Firion and his magic lightning hammer
My issue is that Seven kinda looks like dead weight on her own. Does anybody use her? Will I hate myself for dumping 70 cactaurs or whatever it takes to get her leveled?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Captaindirtnap posted:

I don't know about all of you, but I'm eternally Cactaur starved. Every grind event is a miracle of 100 Giant C's. I'd buy 1000 if they were available.

My issue is that Seven kinda looks like dead weight on her own. Does anybody use her? Will I hate myself for dumping 70 cactaurs or whatever it takes to get her leveled?

Get Ace to 6* 100 first and foremost.

Seven is a nice supplement to level as you feel like it. She's super niche, and might well be replaced in utility or damage by some other random unit you pick up. If you picked up Insult to Injury, though, it's not bad at all.

I used to be Cactuar starved, until I poured a ton of Lapis into Unit Slots and got good about hoarding in times of plenty.

Now I always prioritize Maze or Cactuar Dunes, and count on being able to make up the lost candy/mog crack in the week.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If cactaurs abstinence hurts, run Timber Tracks with Dark Fina or ExDeath for a summon, dualcast Lightninga and Osmose, 66k+ exp for 8NRG.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

KDdidit posted:

People must be getting bored with arena because I'm slacking a bit myself, but my rank is higher with me doing less of it.

If for some insane reason the arena limitation is only generic story characters I'm set as I maxxed them all with event moogles because I had nothing better to use them on.

If the arena rewards weren't so good I'd skip doing it entirely, it's incredibly boring and the biggest challenge is "what can I do to avoid having to do exdeath's dual meteor" because it takes so long.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Arena is more like "Hope Noctis doesnt do Blizzard Flask then GG"

Ling is also pretty bad with an Instawin button.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh good it's not just me. Ling is a drat nigthmare.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Mile'ionaha posted:

Get Ace to 6* 100 first and foremost.

Seven is a nice supplement to level as you feel like it. She's super niche, and might well be replaced in utility or damage by some other random unit you pick up. If you picked up Insult to Injury, though, it's not bad at all.

Don't worry, I've maxed Ace and I'm actually really happy with him. I'd be in a completely different camp if Wild Card wasn't flat out busted in the best possible way. Between that and his visually spectacular LB, he's gotten me to actually consider grinding out mage-centric TMs.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Captaindirtnap posted:

Don't worry, I've maxed Ace and I'm actually really happy with him. I'd be in a completely different camp if Wild Card wasn't flat out busted in the best possible way. Between that and his visually spectacular LB, he's gotten me to actually consider grinding out mage-centric TMs.

If he's your only 5* base, that's not a bad plan. Too bad he has very limited equipment options.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

HGH posted:

Oh good it's not just me. Ling is a drat nigthmare.

she's great, if dance of death doesn't outright petrify/paralyze at least two people in the first round i am shocked, but also it doesnt matter since she just does it again next round.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

MrLonghair posted:

If cactaurs abstinence hurts, run Timber Tracks with Dark Fina or ExDeath for a summon, dualcast Lightninga and Osmose, 66k+ exp for 8NRG.

Whale Noctises can auto every non-boss fight on Timber Tracks (healing dodge), and Fire Flask will 2-round the bosses, plus usually hit paralyze or sleep, to keep them from attacking you. I sleepwalk through Timber Tracks. Just make a mental note of which ones have decrease encounters, or skip Diabolos all together.

Evil Fluffy posted:

FFRK's harder content is drat near unplayable in without good relics either. Sure, you can use a RW to help cover one of the things you're missing but unless you've honed skills to hell and back you're not going to clear ult or harder content without stupid amounts of luck or finding a gimmick to exploit. If FFRK didn't give out daily mithril the game would be a ghost town because most people would have few, if any, of the vital relics. Or the game's design would be fundamentally different to make up for the lack of gear that non-whales would have.
FFRK has been way more fair to me than FFBE. I started playing less than a month ago, and I'm just barely short of clearing Ultimate Astos. I can get him down more than halfway with pretty much no issue, but once he tosses AOE statuses, silencing my healer is the end. Gonna try bringing a damage RW instead this time to just nuke him down when I hit that phase. I'd have tried again earlier but 60 stamina is a lot and those realms dungeons aren't going to mine themselves for stamina shards.

One good pull makes a much bigger difference in FFRK than in FFBE. They have newb banners with some really helpful relics on rate up, plus guaranteed backup relics to help fill out your gaps. So long as you're even mildly conservative with your resources, once you do pull that relic, you can max its level, pretty easily get a hero soul for the hero you need to wield it, pump them full of eggs, and be off to the races.

In FFBE, even if you pull a 5* base, they're generally not gamechanging until they hit level 100, which takes forever for a new player.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

MrLonghair posted:

When doing this kind of stuff are people running a single member or a full party?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

hagie posted:

When doing this kind of stuff are people running a single member or a full party?

I do a single member at a time. Big Noct buddy and away you go.

EDIT: Change thread Title to "Noct the gently caress out."

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I'm doing 3 at a time right now (Rain, Xiao, Exdeath) just because they're all roughly the same level and that last boss can take a minute if you don't have a good companion to carry you. I figure it would take the same amount of runs regardless and there's safety in numbers.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Should you pull is up for the new banner.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ubg1l/defianthermits_should_you_pull_final_fantasy_ii/

His breakdown on Emporer is pretty solid. He's weaker than Mrs. Whip and Tree Head UNLESS the fight goes 10-11 rounds...then he can do a whopping 2,000% modifier! :psyduck:

Overall:

quote:

Should you pull? You guessed it: depends. If you haven't gotten Firion from an off-banner pull yet (like me!) or if you're lacking a decent finisher, pull for him. He becomes a fantastic unit later on and can be serviceable now with his wide variety of weapon and killers.

If you're macroing, you definitely want at least one Leonhart. If you're really into macros, you'd want some Guys to deck out your Tank/Healer. If you're a whale, pulling for Emperor is okay, but don't expect a mind-blowing unit. And once again, if you're not and pulled Emperor, yay!

Gonna daily pull and hope for Leon. If I strike out, I might chase him with some tickets towards the end of the banner...I don't know.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I agree with the guy on that Reddit thread, I want Emperor just because he has a skill called "Impertinent Fools."

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Cartoon Man posted:

Should you pull is up for the new banner.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ubg1l/defianthermits_should_you_pull_final_fantasy_ii/

His breakdown on Emporer is pretty solid. He's weaker than Mrs. Whip and Tree Head UNLESS the fight goes 10-11 rounds...then he can do a whopping 2,000% modifier! :psyduck:

Overall:

Gonna daily pull and hope for Leon. If I strike out, I might chase him with some tickets towards the end of the banner...I don't know.

same

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
While playing FFBE on my phone, I had YouTube running on the iPad.

Then a horrible FFBE commercial came on...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Did you remember to TOUCH IT?

I always did like the Emperor. Of all the 5* mage characters I'd love to pull him some day.
Speaking of which, in the last month I went from 0 Exdeath to four trees. Feels linda crazy as I now have too many to know what to do with.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Didn't know WoL was up for Enhancements in JP but apparently he was included in the recent batch. Two of his three enhancements weren't anything special, but the big winner is that his 1 turn 100% taunt is now 3 turns.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Dat juicy Leonhart TM hmmm hmmmmm

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AegisP posted:

Didn't know WoL was up for Enhancements in JP but apparently he was included in the recent batch. Two of his three enhancements weren't anything special, but the big winner is that his 1 turn 100% taunt is now 3 turns.

Whats best about is that they are the cheaper enhancement types so you dont have to grind as much for them. Plus they are all pretty solid, with enhancements WoL can mitigate a poo poo ton of damage.

Also Ill probably skip orlandu all together and whale on tidus banner. His enhancements are the whale refresher type but they were massive buffs.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Tidus banner looks more and more appealing than Orlandu's since Tidus also has a chance to get Rikku.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There's always one more banner.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Global - There's always one more banner

Make it happen!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I already have mercedes to act as a chain finisher and debuffer for tidus and tidus can take over stat buffing from my tilith so she can concentrate on healing or reviving.

Plus I have 4 agrias If I really want to holy explosion spam

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

neither banner is going to be out until 2018, at least not until we get world baseball classic bedile and arbor day gilbert

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They are honestly trying to stretch out this poo poo so the ffxiv banner lands on stormbloods release. At that time we'll be like a year behind japan.

Hell maybe they'll have the ffxiv event running while they have a parity stormblood banner on as well. Would be a great promo

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Feb 16, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the real reason they nerfed noctis on global is that they're never going to release any of the good units here :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They are honestly trying to stretch out this poo poo so the ffxiv banner lands on stormbloods release. At that time we'll be like a year behind japan.

Hell maybe they'll have the ffxiv event running while they have a parity stormblood banner on as well. Would be a great promo

I can't wait to see what sort of bullshit they pull with the FFXIV event and its characters. Y'shtola was a free 6* healer with innate dualcast and she's simply too good of a free unit to believe Gumi will leave her untouched for global.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah but they'll accidentally release a totally accidentally busted character during the fourth of july event, fred hotdogs, who has innate tricast somehow on his aoe ignore defense nuke

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Man it sucks that Dual Wield is so neccessary to get any melee unit up to beefcake status. Awoke Firion to 6* today and pushed him to 100. But even with some decent TMs like Excalibur, Black Cowl, Bracer, and Power of Creation (then other average stuff like hero ring and regular atk abilities), he's only sitting around 550 attack. That's not bad, but it doesn't even come close to any DW unit on my friends list.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Man, even with the best TMs I have on him Firion is still behind Chizuru. That's disappointing, after the talk I was hoping for something special there.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Don't let the numbers fool you though, with all of his stackable killer skills he'll probably put out more damage than Chiz, even though his ATK number is lower. That being said, yea without the specific items/TMs that boost his innate skills (and DW) he is a pretty underwhelming unit.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rabidsquid posted:

yeah but they'll accidentally release a totally accidentally busted character during the fourth of july event, fred hotdogs, who has innate tricast somehow on his aoe ignore defense nuke

Why would they need to make a hotdog-based OC? They can just use Zell. :v:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Par for the course for Gumi; in some of its features, Brave Frontier global was two years behind. (Ask us how long it took to get Raids. COMING SOON!)

With Square-Enix proving (via Mobius and Unchained, both untouched by third-parties) that they can be just as ruthless and cash-hungry as Gumi ever was, I feel like the FFXIV event will be Global's "parity" banner. And we'll be expected to praise the game because LOOK AT ALL THIS FREE SWAG.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Don't let the numbers fool you though, with all of his stackable killer skills he'll probably put out more damage than Chiz, even though his ATK number is lower. That being said, yea without the specific items/TMs that boost his innate skills (and DW) he is a pretty underwhelming unit.

I feel like I have some pretty good items on mine though:

Sakurafubuki / Viking's Axe
Black Cowl
Black Belt Gi
Hero Ring / Bracer

Dual Wield
Blade Mastery
Power of Creation
Seal of Destruction

I have Kaiser Knuckles but my champion's belt is still being grinded for.

This gives him 706 ATK with Ifrit, which is about 70 ATK short of Chizuru. To be fair Chizuru is maxed out on ATK pots. I guess the killers will kick it up a bunch but I was also hoping to use Barrage with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So I have the Furion, the Chizuru, the Bartz, and the CoDfish. (Also Noctis)

Naturally all my best stuff (basically dual wield) is on Noctis. Of the others, which should I be trying to turn into my secondary DPS?

• Locked thread