Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Sith Trooper and Sith Assassin don't look too bad, either. Lots of fun, though lack of crits might be something of a problem?

EP already has really low crit rate. Means you'll need like Offense and Potency mods. You could just run all health/potency/whatever until you have Offense mods. That much Health and health steal is going to make them super hard to kill. Shock/heal immunity is going to be pretty good against them though.

It's all just speculation though until we know their max stats and abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Who cares about crits when you can't die? 70% health steal at ability level 1.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Welp. I guess I'm spending money on cartoon spaceships

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Welp. I guess I'm spending money on cartoon spaceships

I would recommend not spending money on this game right now...

e: lol, just based on those chromium changes, the whale floodgates have opened...oh well.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 16, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Dont buy ship packs, they are garbage.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?

Just cancel all your credit card accounts and close your paypal account....it'll be better for you in the long run.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Max Level abilities:

Nihilus:
Ceaseless Craving (Basic) - Deal Special damage to target enemy and Dispel all buffs on them. If any buffs were dispelled, reduce the cooldown of Drain Force by 1

Drain Force (Special - 4 Cooldown) - Deal Special damage to all enemies with a 50% chance (doubled against debuffed enemies) to increase their cooldowns by 1. For each cooldown increased, reduce the cooldown of Annihilate by 1.

Annihilate (Special - 8 Cooldown) - Instantly defeat target enemy. Nihilus gains Max Health equal to the target's Max Health. The defeated target can't be Revived. This ability can't be Evaded and starts on cooldown.

Lord of Hunger (Leader) - Sith allies gain 60% Offense and 150% Health Steal. Sith allies lose all Protection and gain that much Max Health. Sith allies are immune to Healing effects that aren't Health Steal and can't score Critical Hits

Wound in the Force (Unique) - At the start of each of his turns, Nihilus inflicts Damage Over Time for 2 turns on a random enemy that doesn't have any debuffs. If all enemies are debuffed, inflict Damage Over Time on a random enemy. At the start of each enemy turn, Nihilus inflicts Health Down on them for 2 turns.

Sith Trooper:
Disruptor Blast (Basic) - Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to inflict Defense Down for 3 turns. If the target was already debuffed, ignore their Protection.

Crimson Barrage - (Special - 3 Cooldown) - Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 70% chance to inflict Offense Down for 2 turns. Then gain Protection Up equal to 5% for each debuffed enemy for 2 turns. This attack ignores Protection.

Vaiken's Legacy - (Unique) - Sith Trooper has +100% Defense. Whenever a Sith ally uses a Special ability or falls below 50% Health, Sith Trooper gains Defense Up for 2 turns. If he already had Defense Up, he gains Taunt for 2 turns. If he already had Taunt, he gains Retribution for 2 turns. Sith Trooper gains Defense Up for 2 turns at the start of each encounter.

Sith Assassin:
Exploit Weakness (Basic) - Deal Physical damage to target enemy, inflict Evasion Down for 2 turns, and gain Offense Up for 2 turns. If the target was already debuffed, gain Stealth for 2 turns. If Sith Assassin already had Stealth, ignore the target's Protection.

Dark Shroud (Special - 4 Cooldown) - Dispel all debuffs from Sith Assassin and gain Stealth and Foresight for 2 turns. If she already had Stealth, gain Speed Up and Tenacity Up for 2 turns. Sith allies gain 12% Turn Meter for each buff on her.

Electrocute (Special - 4 Cooldown) - Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Stun for 1 turn. If Sith Assassin already had Stealth, Dispel all buffs from Sith Assassin, deal 5% more damage for each effect dispelled and each living Sith ally, and ignore the target's Protection.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

fishtobaskets posted:

:golfclap:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
CG addresses the end of tournaments, fails to mention Hacking.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/93104/why-discontinue-tournaments#latest

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty new to the game but isn't an instant KO move kinda OP?

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

New approach seems to be to give away marquee new characters for free at 3-4* with a mega-whale pack to fill out the rest. Not sure if that's an improvement or not?

Space Crabs posted:

I dunno, I find most of my arena matches are decided by the 4th turn? I guess it's a problem for those GK/Barriss survival teams though.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly, how many matches last 8 rounds? I know my Vader never gets more than 4-5 turns

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think

fishtobaskets posted:

Honestly, how many matches last 8 rounds? I know my Vader never gets more than 4-5 turns

His entire kit is designed to reduce the cooldown of his instant kill.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Zone of Danger posted:

New approach seems to be to give away marquee new characters for free at 3-4* with a mega-whale pack to fill out the rest. Not sure if that's an improvement or not?.

There's also a commitment to a timeline of introduce -> Chromium -> shipment/node, which is an improvement.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Malgrin posted:

e: lol, just based on those chromium changes, the whale floodgates have opened...oh well.

what if i'm really dumb though

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

CaptainAssholay posted:

His entire kit is designed to reduce the cooldown of his instant kill.

Wonder if it goes around Taunt or not.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zone of Danger posted:

New approach seems to be to give away marquee new characters for free at 3-4* with a mega-whale pack to fill out the rest. Not sure if that's an improvement or not?

I dunno, I find most of my arena matches are decided by the 4th turn? I guess it's a problem for those GK/Barriss survival teams though.

They get moved to someplace farmable after a few months.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Since all these op toolboxes are viable at low star level its really only important to unlock them. I like the new system for that reason. I wish they would add someone to arena gw and cantina shops tho

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Jerkface posted:

Since all these op toolboxes are viable at low star level its really only important to unlock them. I like the new system for that reason. I wish they would add someone to arena gw and cantina shops tho

Depends what you need 'am for; low stars in arena works, but it's frustrating for raids. (That's not relevant for this batch in the current raids, but still.)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Space Crabs posted:

Starts on 8 turn cd.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

Starts on 8 turn cd.

In practical terms, it's more like a two turn CD; just pair him with anyone faster than him with an AoE debuff.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
500k ally points turned into 4,200 shard shop currency. I unlocked Barriss Offee(so glad I held off on activating her!) and MagnaGuard :v:

Shards:
27 Royal Guard
45 Ewok Scout
20 IG-86
65 Ewok Elder
42 Dathcha
6 Boba Fett
5 Fives (lol)
3 Luminara
18 Ashoka Tano
8 Teebo
4 Old Daka
37 Biggs

I think I'll hold onto these for when they add someone back in the shard shop like they did with Baze. I'm still kicking myself for not taking full advantage of that. I was turning my GW currency into ally points for tournaments instead of getting character shards. What a mistake that was. Live and learn.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Hey it's my crazypants Sith Inquisitor but he's a pay to mildly win guy now. Kallig's hat and matching Pierce in Makeb Trooper dyed armor. :yeah:

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Didn't expect to see a character directly from the MMO, that's cool. Nihilius is probably going to end up getting nerfed in some form, isn't he?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

iGestalt posted:

Didn't expect to see a character directly from the MMO, that's cool. Nihilius is probably going to end up getting nerfed in some form, isn't he?

Yes, right after the exclusive 100$ "Hole in the Wallet" 5-30 shard pack exits the store

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
With Biggs/Wedge/Lando in arena who out of those should I be giving my leftover speed mods to? I would initially say Biggs but there's potential waste there because he can proc full TM with adrenaline rush.

Also I'm really struggling to pick who to farm at Arena. I've already got STH/Windu/Tarkin/AA/IG-88 so top prospects are Sid/Opress/HK-47/Chief Nebit.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So... thoughts on replacing my G10 Protection modded 4* Shoretrooper with Sith Trooper with (eventually) comparable gear and mods?

Especially given that I'm probably going to be switching over to a Zader lead (from my current Wiggs/Rebels setup) in the next week or two?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

With Biggs/Wedge/Lando in arena who out of those should I be giving my leftover speed mods to? I would initially say Biggs but there's potential waste there because he can proc full TM with adrenaline rush.

Also I'm really struggling to pick who to farm at Arena. I've already got STH/Windu/Tarkin/AA/IG-88 so top prospects are Sid/Opress/HK-47/Chief Nebit.

With the Sith changes that are now live, I want to say Sid/Savage, but I think HK-47 is still the right answer.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Boozie posted:

I'd say Lando, so he can spam his special ability more. Assuming he'll still have enough crit chance/damage. For Arena, it mostly depends on what you want to do next. I'd get Nebit for Crit Damage mods, but HK and a droid team are also good, especially if you want to help more in the AAT Raid. I would rate Savage higher the Sidious right now, I'd hold off on the Sith unless you already have a bench full of Sith to play with.

CaptainPsyko posted:

So... thoughts on replacing my G10 Protection modded 4* Shoretrooper with Sith Trooper with (eventually) comparable gear and mods?

Especially given that I'm probably going to be switching over to a Zader lead (from my current Wiggs/Rebels setup) in the next week or two?

That's probably fine, though my gut says Sith Trooper will work best in a team full of Sith, unless you have some really fast guys.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

He looks cool as poo poo, honestly. But his taunt will count for gently caress-all if the enemy is running a 250+ speed TFP, because no Zader/EP is that quick, and you need 2 sith special casts to get his taunt going. I know Sidious can get that kind of speed, but I'm dubious as gently caress about another Sith going that quickly.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Running Wiggs, Chaze, GK in GW is unfair. I mean, now that that I have G10 Chaze/GK.

I'm working on G10 Maul next, seems like the right thing to do...will also probably try to get the new Sith guys up to G7 just because.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Chilichimp posted:

He looks cool as poo poo, honestly. But his taunt will count for gently caress-all if the enemy is running a 250+ speed TFP, because no Zader/EP is that quick, and you need 2 sith special casts to get his taunt going. I know Sidious can get that kind of speed, but I'm dubious as gently caress about another Sith going that quickly.

His taunt will count for everything if you're running Zaul. 20% TM at the start of a round means your 230 speed EP is faster than their 270 speed TFP.

The speed calculation that seems to work is counting to 1,000. So, with Zaul, EP starts with 200. After 3 ticks, EP will be at 890, while TFP is at 810. EP now has .478 of a tick left, while TFP has .70. If I'm right about this (I've seen some test cases and it works for who should go first), a 215 speed EP will out-speed a 270 speed TFP.

If that's too hard, run Dooku or Sid, who will never go 2nd, so Sith Trooper will always auto-taunt. This requires a Zeta, but people who spend no money should be getting close to their first zeta (if they were already close to 85 when ships launched).

In other words, I think Zaul (L) Nihilus, EP, Trooper, Sid/Dooku is going to be the new speed meta.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 16, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

I was planning on something like Zader/EP/Sith Trooper/Dooku/TFP?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

I was planning on something like Zader/EP/Sith Trooper/Dooku/TFP?

I think you'd need speeded out Dooku AND Sidous to get that taunt up.

Mal makes an excellent point with the Zaul leader and EP being faster than TFP. I'd forgotten how fast Dooku is, so I think without Zaul, you'd need to run both Sid and Dooku to get the taunt up before TFP can go.

And you're going to need speed of 260+ on both of those dudes.

edit:

That being said, I think that will work.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 16, 2017

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Troopers omega unique is starting encounter with defense up so he'll taunt on first special cast. Pretty nice.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

Troopers omega unique is starting encounter with defense up so he'll taunt on first special cast. Pretty nice.

Oh drat, yeah that's rad as gently caress. He'll slot right into Zader, then.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

Oh drat, yeah that's rad as gently caress. He'll slot right into Zader, then.

Right. My thinking is TFP goes first, applies AoE TM down and ability blocks an opposing ability blocker - that should be enough for even a modest speed Dooku or Palp to go second and get a taunt up. At which point it's GG.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Hoorah, finally starting to get Zeta materials. Of course, now the question becomes: who do I use them on? Ever since Zetas were announced, I've been planning on getting Qui-Gon's Leader ability, but all this Sith nonsense is making me very tempted to go for Maul or Vader. Heck, Savage's would be pretty sweet, too, especially since I've already got him at 7*.

These Sith are also making me reconsider my Omega priorities. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get Maul's Power of Hatred up next, but after that I'm unsure if I want Savage's Overpower, Vader's Force Crush, or Palpatine's Lightning Strike. Sith Trooper's Vaiken's Legacy is also a consideration for easier taunting.

Anyone have any advice?

https://swgoh.gg/u/taranwanderer/

Also, has anyone given some thought on how to use these Sith in the Raids?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I still think Zaul will be better than Zader. I'm looking at Zaul, Nihilus (at 3-4*), EP, Trooper, Sid. Will have to get zetas for Maul, Nihilus, and Sid, but it will be OP as gently caress. Sid will all but be guaranteed first in arena (except against a Zaul/Sid that are faster). Then I intend to organize my speed mods so that Nihilus goes second (AOE CD up), then EP (AOE stun), then Maul (AOE Daze). How a team ever recovers from that, I really don't know, especially when Nihilus hits that -5 turn CD on Annihilate.

I'm not sure what anyone plans to do to counter this. Chaze will be the only semi-decent option, but even then they have to count on Chirrut dodging both EP's stun and Nihilus' CD up abilities, although we have to really hope they tuned Nihilus' kit to prioritize Annihilate > Drain Force > Basic. If he prioritizes Drain Force, he could do Drain Force a second time while Annihilate is up. Since Baze is likely to have taunt up by the time Nihilus comes around on his third turn...he'll just eat Baze. How ridiculous is that?

In terms of gearing order, I'm definitely going to gear Maul first, then Nihilus. From there, I will probably gear Sid, then Trooper, but I might gear Trooper first. GK or Shoretrooper can stand in for Sith Trooper, and Boba can stand in for Sid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

I'm not sure what anyone plans to do to counter this.

The only winning move is not to play, duh. (Alternatively; maybe a stun-spam team or counter team?)

Curious how quickly we'll see them nerf it. OR add a character designed to counter it and make them 100% Premium.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 16, 2017