Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

Im talking about future elections and 'voter fraud' prevention measures coming down the pike

Which would be the fault of our own elected officials, not the Russians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Moridin920 posted:

Which would be the fault of our own elected officials, not the Russians.

they benefit from our downgraded/destabilized govt and will do whatever they can to help those certain elected officials

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Trump is possibly a huge con man or a political outsider who wants genuine change. History shall decide

you had the chance to decide at the poll booth, lol. that was the whole idea of the election.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

new phone who dis posted:

US presidents are cultivated from specific Ivy league groups that are really only opposed to each other nominally on face value. It's not really that surprising that an outsider with business ties might have contact and connections abroad that those generally insulated and carefully curated groups don't. You'll notice buried at the end of all of these articles is an admission that for all the surveillance done by the intelligence community on these folks, nothing actually bad has been detected. It's all a swirl of innuendo, anonymous leaks, rumors and whispers deliberately created to destabilize the administration from a section of very angry and very entitled elites. There's a reason Assange is hiding in an embassy for doing the same thing CNN and the Post are doing right now without rebuke and that's because of who it pisses off.

Trump is a clown but if you think jumping into bed with the CIA to try and force him out of power via lovely media sources is the way to fight him, you're probably part of the problem as well.

Indeed, correct.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

they benefit from our downgraded/destabilized govt and will do whatever they can to help those certain elected officials

Just because they benefit from our idiocy doesn't mean it isn't our idiocy.

I just wish we'd stop blaming the Russians and just get good.

quote:

Trump is a clown but if you think jumping into bed with the CIA to try and force him out of power via lovely media sources is the way to fight him, you're probably part of the problem as well.

Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

US presidents are cultivated from specific Ivy league groups that are really only opposed to each other nominally on face value. It's not really that surprising that an outsider with business ties might have contact and connections abroad that those generally insulated and carefully curated groups don't. You'll notice buried at the end of all of these articles is an admission that for all the surveillance done by the intelligence community on these folks, nothing actually bad has been detected. It's all a swirl of innuendo, anonymous leaks, rumors and whispers deliberately created to destabilize the administration from a section of very angry and very entitled elites. There's a reason Assange is hiding in an embassy for doing the same thing CNN and the Post are doing right now without rebuke and that's because of who it pisses off.

perhaps the fact that these articles do point out the truth that the investigation is ongoing and no smoking gun of collusion has been uncovered means that youre full of crap

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Good post. I can't help but do an eyeball 360 every time I read any article sourcing "an unnamed intelligence official".

The intelligence community has made it plainly obvious they have no qualms lying to the public and elected politicians, acting counter to decency on any issue, and generally being crookedly inept, or is that ineptly crooked?

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

come back when you've run the US of A without murdering a few innocents and i'll pin a medal on you and tell you you finally figured out how to make the world work without murder and moral compromise.

i didn't vote for him. i didn't vote for trump. i didn't vote for any of these people.

but i can guarantee you my neighbor, who is a nice enough guy, would kill a thousand innocents if you put him in that position, because gently caress it. people gotta eat somehow.

Americans are like my cat in that they can only recognize tone of voice

one day well have a president who has the perfect thoughtful concerned frown act and he'll be able to eat a baby live on TV and have morons praising the dignity and seriousness with which he ate the baby

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Moridin920 posted:

Just because they benefit from our idiocy doesn't mean it isn't our idiocy.

I just wish we'd stop blaming the Russians and just get good.

Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

putins game is to promote the rise of right wing nationalist governments all over the west with the end goal of weakening nato/un

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

maybe the unlimited evidence that moral compromise is a necessity of real world operation should make an honest, thoughtful person raise an eyebrow at moral justification of any kind ... ?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Those Turkish soldiers who carried out the Armenian Genocide did so only because they were forced into that position... I'd like to see you going a day without raping and gutting an Armenian. Go ahead, try!

i cant theyre like potato chips you cant stop at just one

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Thirsty Girl posted:

perhaps the fact that these articles do point out the truth that the investigation is ongoing and no smoking gun of collusion has been uncovered means that youre full of crap

Ongoing investigations where any possible detail that might make the party being investigated look bad being leaked by the people doing the investigating without hard details or sources is partisan bullshit being pulled by elites throwing a tantrum.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Toadvine posted:

Good post. I can't help but do an eyeball 360 every time I read any article sourcing "an unnamed intelligence official".

The intelligence community has made it plainly obvious they have no qualms lying to the public and elected politicians, acting counter to decency on any issue, and generally being crookedly inept, or is that ineptly crooked?

Actually, the sitting executive branch has made it plainly obvious they have no qualms lying to the public and elected politicians, acting counter to decency on any issue, and generally being crookedly inept, or is that ineptly crooked?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

putins game is to promote the rise of right wing nationalist governments all over the west with the end goal of weakening nato/un

Okay. Putin sucks? I'm not saying the Russians are some super cool guys or anything here. I'm saying that we are getting hosed up because of rot from within, not because Russian hackers are just that leet.

Ongoing investigations where any possible detail that might make the party being investigated look bad being leaked by the people doing the investigating without hard details or sources is partisan bullshit being pulled by elites throwing a tantrum.

It's literally the same thing people were butthurt at the FBI about leading up to election day. Except this time it is against someone they dislike so it's okay.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

nomadologique posted:

maybe the unlimited evidence that moral compromise is a necessity of real world operation should make an honest, thoughtful person raise an eyebrow at moral justification of any kind ... ?

Serving the interests of global capitalism with devastating effects for the global poor is one hell of a moral compromise dude. Yea tough decisions need to be made but maybe presidents can start making tough decisions in service of the lowly American citizen.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Moridin920 posted:

Okay. Putin sucks? I'm not saying the Russians are some super cool guys or anything here. I'm saying that we are getting hosed up because of rot from within, not because Russian hackers are just that leet.

well yeah the boys in the wh are really rolling out the red carpet for russia like never before. its two great tastes that taste great together

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Haverchuck posted:

Ok and so what, every leader has goals

Haverchuck posted:

well yeah the boys in the wh are really rolling out the red carpet for russia like never before. its two great tastes that taste great together

Ok and so whats the problem

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I manage a bakery and that means not only baking 100's of a variety of baked goods everyday, but also hiring/firing, scheduling, training, and supervising a team of 6.

How qualified am I to have an opinion about Herr Pissler?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

Then they should be investigated and impeached if it turns out they are putting their own business interests ahead of American interests.

Russia is a paper tiger.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Thirsty Girl posted:

Actually, the sitting executive branch has made it plainly obvious they have no qualms lying to the public and elected politicians, acting counter to decency on any issue, and generally being crookedly inept, or is that ineptly crooked?

Then both are hosed up and you don't have to align yourself with either one just because you dislike the other more

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Flynn has already flown the coop in a few short weeks but yeah i guess theres nothing worth investigating or digging for

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Ok and so what, every leader has goals

Ok and so whats the problem

their goal is to take poo poo that doesnt belong to them, and thats not nice

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Toadvine posted:

Then both are hosed up and you don't have to align yourself with either one just because you dislike the other more

simply not ignoring a burning tire fire is now "aligning with"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Toadvine posted:

Serving the interests of global capitalism with devastating effects for the global poor is one hell of a moral compromise dude. Yea tough decisions need to be made but maybe presidents can start making tough decisions in service of the lowly American citizen.

they are you idiot. you are so much richer than 99% of the global population it would make your head spin if you ever sat down and tried to get some perspective.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
All I'm really saying is that there is spin and bullshit on both sides, if you can't accept that at least then you're just as delusional as anyone watching Fox News for all their information and buying it hook line and sinker. That doesn't mean Trump doesn't suck, or that Russia isn't led by bad people.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

All I'm really saying is that there is spin and bullshit on both sides, if you can't accept that at least then you're just as delusional as anyone watching Fox News for all their information and buying it hook line and sinker. That doesn't mean Trump doesn't suck, or that Russia isn't led by bad people.

Everyone serves their own self-interest. I have no problem acknowledging this

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

all you american poors out there crying about your misery, please, try to get a handle on how much better off you are than some schmuck in a fabric factory in bangladesh.

the reason for that is because your masters are rich, and let you eat their scraps.

without them, you too would be scraping mud out of a hole wishing to die a swift death.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

unless you live in rural west virginia, then you can cry, because you are a third worlder too.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

all you poors out there crying about your misery, please, try to get a handle on how much better off you are than some schmuck in a fabric factory in bangladesh.

the reason for that is because your masters are rich, and let you eat their scraps.

without them, you too would be scraping mud out of a hole wishing to die a swift death.

shitliberalssay.txt

:shrug:

It's not false but that doesn't mean we should just cozy up to monied interests because of it.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

nomadologique posted:

they are you idiot. you are so much richer than 99% of the global population it would make your head spin if you ever sat down and tried to get some perspective.

The president of the US should serve the interests of US citizens first, not attempt to be president of the world at their expense. The public is sick of would-be "great men" attempting to build a legacy and name for themselves by bleeding the middle class dry in this country and transferring even more wealth to the ultra-rich in the process.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

The president of the US should serve the interests of US citizens first, not attempt to be president of the world at their expense. The public is sick of would-be "great men" attempting to build a legacy and name for themselves by bleeding the middle class dry in this country and transferring even more wealth to the ultra-rich in the process.

Dead on every time brother.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i'm not a liberal. i have no political affiliation.

it's important to have perspective. WE are the problem, every single loving one of us, because we vacuum up dumb poo poo with our mouths and our assholes that we do not need. because we do, really, nothing, in our day to day life, to change that; we just go to the voting booth and ask them please to make our healthcare better.

i'm not saying you should cozy up to the elite. i'm saying it is straight up ignorant to think that american presidents aren't working day in day out to make the lives of americans better -- and they do, every day, at the cost of other people, around the world, who suffer horribly so we can drive cars and watch reality TV.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Republicans did some soul searching after electing the dumbest president ever in George W. Bush didn't work out so well and decided they needed an imbecile who was also traitorous lunatic. It should be interesting to see who they dig up next time... maybe a KKK grand wizard who is married to his sister or something.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

NotWearingPants posted:

Republicans did some soul searching after electing the dumbest president ever in George W. Bush didn't work out so well and decided they needed an imbecile who was also traitorous lunatic. It should be interesting to see who they dig up next time... maybe a KKK grand wizard who is married to his sister or something.

Hillary's mentor was a Grand Wizard lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fg3XNTMzNo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

they do.

i cannot stress this enough.

everything the american government does is for america. it is not for people around the world.

everything done by the american government is done to establish favorable economic conditions for americans, that will bring wealth from all over the world, and put it into the american economy. it is because of this economy that you can go to the grocery store and buy food any day of the week. that is not a luxury that people have everywhere.

we live in luxury every single loving day. just because our internal luxury differential is huge we are fooled into thinking the american rich have luxury and the american poor have squat. that is completely insane. compared to the rest of the world, americans live in luxury every loving day. the poo poo we take for granted is enough to make a person's head explode.

don't like your shoes? they're wearing out? throw em away, go to the store, buy a new pair. you can pick from any of ten thousand kinds.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Maybe Obama's support of the TPP had more to do with national security interests than trade.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Trump's was one of Joseph McCarthy's most vile lieutenants

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

nomadologique posted:

The enlightenment dripping from your posts looks and smells an awful lot like poo poo.

I bet the president believes he's helping the American people but somehow the rich are still getting immeasurably richer and the poor get poorer so on and so forth the American machine marches on to the benefit of few

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

nomadologique posted:

they do.

i cannot stress this enough.

everything the american government does is for america. it is not for people around the world.

everything done by the american government is done to establish favorable economic conditions for americans, that will bring wealth from all over the world, and put it into the american economy. it is because of this economy that you can go to the grocery store and buy food any day of the week. that is not a luxury that people have everywhere.

we live in luxury every single loving day. just because our internal luxury differential is huge we are fooled into thinking the american rich have luxury and the american poor have squat. that is completely insane. compared to the rest of the world, americans live in luxury every loving day. the poo poo we take for granted is enough to make a person's head explode.

don't like your shoes? they're wearing out? throw em away, go to the store, buy a new pair. you can pick from any of ten thousand kinds.

NAFTA and TPP are stark proof that the people in charge don't give two shits about your average US citizen other than as a consumer of cheap poo poo made by slaves. Enough with your race to the bottom horseshit comparing us to nations full of squalor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the richer the rich get, the richer the poor get, you doofus.

that's how it works, that's how it's always worked. there is no magical society where rich, powerful people disenfranchise themselves for your benefit. you get what they allow you, that's it. welcome to the real world.

• Locked thread