Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
EVERYONE CALM DOWN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Smash it Smash hit posted:

EVERYONE CALM DOWN

i'm sorry but can you screech that autistically so the pewdi fans itt understand?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
im not sure how to do that:confused:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

im not sure how to do that:confused:

scream it over youtube video of you playing Club Penguin

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

a world where you cant kill_all_jews.exe is not a world i want to live in

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I hope everyone stops giving a poo poo about him cuz I want a day when my comment "I don't like pewdiepie" isn't immediately met with a "you're just jealous"

For the record yes I'm jealous, and everyone who says they aren't is a loving liar. That doesn't change the quality of his content

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Professor SJW posted:

this thread is a real showcase for goon autism i swear to god

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm loving gay

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

I hope everyone stops giving a poo poo about him cuz I want a day when my comment "I don't like pewdiepie" isn't immediately met with a "you're just jealous"

For the record yes I'm jealous, and everyone who says they aren't is a loving liar. That doesn't change the quality of his content
no, hes been inaugurated as a honourary member of the #gamergate neo nazi manchild club

hes gonna be just fine

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Professor SJW posted:

i'm sorry but can you screech that autistically so the pewdi fans itt understand?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809967&userid=165501

:ironicat:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Kjoery posted:

no, hes been inaugurated as a honourary member of the #gamergate neo nazi manchild club
hes gonna be just fine

All the people there have done well, which is part of the reason for the dogpile on him now.

PDP getting loving fired from Disney was obvious and the result of trying to be edgy when the company you work for is trying to distance it's self from an antisemtic past. That is on his dumb unfunny rear end. The actual problem is the press covering this being the type of goony nerd jealous of him trying to make a moral statement of his character for making the extremely stereotypical FYAD/GBS/Twitter joke "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong" even though nearly all of them make those same jokes constantly for the same reasons, to mock how quickly people say extremely stupid poo poo at the slightest provocation.

Naturally while dumb poo poo no.5 who covers internet memes for the The Daily Beast who can barely makes minimum wage is angry over the fact someone norgiwean who screeches and makes bad puns is more appealing and makes a ridiculous amount of money, being an unfunny twit on youtube isn't a statement on your moral character but what is considered entertainment. Pandora's box is open though, and while it's cool to laugh at celebrities when they do dumb poo poo, it's important not to act sanctimons about or let the fact a comedian doing bad puns during a Mario let;s play makes more money affect you too much.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

All the people there have done well, which is part of the reason for the dogpile on him now.
are tabloid hit pieces on celebs really that shocking to you? that has kind of been a thing in the media since forever. this is nothing new.

you say that there's a dogpile, but what dogpile? i havent seen the piece in any of my news feeds (I follow: Globe & Mail, CBC, BBC, Fox). i mean, all the youtube "skeptics" and "alt righters" have been framing it as a coordinated attack by "fake-news media", but that's most likely just them trying to brew some outrage for them juicy clicks, or because it fits the narrative they're trying to push. people saying things doesnt make it true.

e: i had to do searches to find them, but what a dogpile!!! SO UNFAIR mainstream media has gone too far this time!

crime weed fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 16, 2017

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Kjoery posted:

are tabloid hit pieces on celebs really that shocking to you?

you say that there's a dogpile, but what dogpile?
Wired is calling him a literal white supremacist. Vice is going a similar route. CNN definitely doesn't give a poo poo but the Internetzines are legit loving enjoying this for obvious reasons.

And it isn't surprising or even wrong that they are enjoying him being dumped by Disney, but they are going as far to claim he is a nazi and white supremacist.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

imo he went too far with this one. even "death to only some of the jews" would have been pushing it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
it's me, I'm the guy that put in the call to the Jewish Cabal to put an end to pewdiepie's career

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

Wired is calling him a literal white supremacist. Vice is going a similar route.
ah yes, Important, legitimate, definitely-not-tabloid, Mainstream Media Outlets Wired and Vice Magazine

how blind i was

e: wow! look at that professional journalism that is definitely 100% reliable. this is where im going to get all my hard-hitting news now

crime weed fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 16, 2017

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

NutritiousSnack posted:

Wired is calling him a literal white supremacist. Vice is going a similar route. CNN definitely doesn't give a poo poo but the Internetzines are legit loving enjoying this for obvious reasons.

And it isn't surprising or even wrong that they are enjoying him being dumped by Disney, but they are going as far to claim he is a nazi and white supremacist.

i mean what else do you call someone who says they want to kill all the jews

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I'm surprised his youtube career has already reached midlife crisis.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Professor SJW posted:

I wonder how many comedian's lives could be ruined by taking similar jokes out of context and labeling them as some kind of -cist word.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Professor SJW posted:

excuse me, he didnt say "kill all jews", he paid some people in a 3rd world country who would do anything for $5 (5bux can go real far) to hold up a sign that said "kill all jews" as a social experiment. and then captured that footage, edited it, filmed a fake reaction to it, and posted it as content.

honestly i think the klondike commercials missed on on an opportunity there; they shoulda hired pewdiepie as their director

crime weed fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 16, 2017

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Kjoery posted:

excuse me, he didnt say "kill all jews", he paid some people in a 3rd world country who would do anything for $5 (5bux can go real far) to hold up a sign that said "kill all jews" as a social experiment. and then captured that footage, edited it, filmed a fake reaction to it, and posted it as content.

yeah exactly -- he said kill all the jews

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Professor SJW posted:

A normal irony/GBS goon like yourself who has similar jokes about genocide. In his case to mock a website you pay 5 bucks to get people to do things. by proving how bottom of the barrel you can get.

Unlike a lot of defense of him, it's not uh, good humor. It's old hat done by internet people and actual comedians for over a decade online at this point with much more originality and wit but that's kinda the point. He was doing the SAFEST and most time tested edgy joke (He literally had someone say Hitler Did Nothing Wrong) not realizing Disney would not put up with it because he's an idiot and not realizing internet dweebs jealous that a fellow internet idiot cashed in a craze before they could would take this as a chance to dogpile him.

Disney firing his stupid rear end isn't bad, it's the loving pretense that he is an actual white supremacist and not a youtuber who made a extremely dumb decision when working for a children's company that is what is amazing here.

a bone to pick posted:

I wonder how many comedian's lives could be ruined by taking similar jokes out of context and labeling them as some kind of -cist word.

Nearly all.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I actually do want to point out Pewd is still a millionare and will still make a couple a million a year off his Youtube channel and stuff. This is far from the biggest loss, just an example of the feud between Youtube Celebrities and Internet Journalists

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
im not sure which side i am on yet, but i am a very valuable resource: i will start my bidding at 5 bucks.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
He was being ironic. Therefore, he is should not be held responsible for what he says. Irony =/= responsibility! I wish these libarel cuks could understand this simple rule of the US CONSTITUTION!

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
He made a fake "commercial" for some other douchebag YouTube guy, it was "kill all the Jews, subscribe to Keemstar"

The joke is that this Keemstar guy would say something like that.

This poo poo taken out of context is what the media had been doing to Trump since the primaries. And people are falling for it like the dumb little bots they are. People will automatically believe every article written. It's all fake news.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

temple posted:

He was being ironic. Therefore, he is should not be held responsible for what he says. Irony =/= responsibility! I wish these libarel cuks could understand this simple rule of the US CONSTITUTION!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Prorat posted:

He made a fake "commercial" for some other douchebag YouTube guy, it was "kill all the Jews, subscribe to Keemstar"

This poo poo taken out of context is what the media had been doing to Trump since the primaries. And people are falling for it like the dumb little bots they are. People will automatically believe every article written. It's all fake news.

shut up retard

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
i have a tummyache

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
do you really love burger pug or is that some sort of own by someone ?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Professor SJW posted:

shut up retard

Sad.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Prorat posted:

the thing is, i am not sure if people are actually falling for it in droves. the narrative from specific groups who enjoy fostering outrage appears to be people are falling for it in droves, but again, that doesn't actually make it true. there are lots of hyperbolic stories floating around, but all actual, real media has been taking it quite evenly, and i mean there always will be a drove of gullible cumguzzlers who'll gobble up tabloids such as Vice's Top 10 Reasons Why Pewdiepie Is Literally Hitler, but again, that doesnt make it the mainstream view.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

do you really love burger pug or is that some sort of own by someone ?

im a misanthrope

changed my name because someone was trying to own me by calling me professor sjw but it was a good name lol

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
woah did trump really wear a hat with a swatizka?!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Professor SJW posted:

im a misanthrope

:same:

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

but yeah duh i love burger pug who doesnt?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Professor SJW posted:

but yeah duh i love burger pug who doesnt?

I will gently caress up someone if they don't like the burger pug

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
burger pug is a worse meme than "kill all the jews"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Prorat posted:

Just like how people misunderstood the other 8 nazi jokes on his channel.

• Locked thread