Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DatonKallandor posted:

That's what I'm expecting - they'll run the beta for a few months, then shut it down and implement some of the changes they feel are necessary to the core gameplay, then run a new beta with those changes. They can work on the campaign structure and scripting the whole time because that probably won't be impacted by any of the beta feedback.
I hope its something like that too. They probably want people to try to break it and see what the biggest complaints are, and then will take time to fix where things are broken and smooth over the rough spots that people dont like about it, then maybe do an open beta or at least a new closed one for more feedback. And by then they would probably have more of the campaign done for people to test out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'll definitely beta test the Skirmish engine and stuff, but man I'm going to have to try hard to resist the urge to beta test the campaign mode if they put that out. I wouldn't want to spoil the finished product for myself.

They could probably do the extended campaign part as a beta though, that'd let them test the mechanics of transport and supply and markets and stuff without having to worry about a bunch of story, and the testers wouldn't spoil anything. Still can't wait.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I'm fairly sure they've said that beta is skirmish and PvP and only skirmish and PvP (and PvP probably comes later). It's strictly about testing the on-field combat.

I might play a mission or two of the campaign but I would not start a deep dive until full release (especially since a lot of people will just say 'gently caress the story' and do things their own way). But I really hope they don't.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

dont justify your fascism because of an argument over star wars you loving dweeb

I don't justify a drat thing to you, you loving moron who doesn't know what the word "fascist" means.

Caros posted:

To be fair if you voted for a cheeto-fascist who started his campaign by calling mexicans rapists I don't think you can lecture people on the moral high ground, even if you voted for him on purely economic reasons.

To be fair, if you voted for the unutterably corrupt criminal who has been linked to dozens of very suspicious and convenient deaths who called half the country evil, neither do you. Even if you only voted for her so your friends wouldn't call you a fascist.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Sjonnar posted:

To be fair, if you voted for the unutterably corrupt criminal who has been linked to dozens of very suspicious and convenient deaths who called half the country evil, neither do you. Even if you only voted for her so your friends wouldn't call you a fascist.

If you want to out yourself as an Alex Jones follower go do it in C-spam.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Sjonnar posted:

I don't justify a drat thing to you, you loving moron who doesn't know what the word "fascist" means.

Sorry, cheeto-fascist

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Voyager I posted:

If you want to out yourself as an Alex Jones follower go do it in C-spam.

I'm actually not a fan at all.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

When the game is released you guys can all mod in your space civil war and have your political slap fights with giant stompy robots like God intended. Until then, it seems largely pointless to sit here and call each other retards.

It's the internet, we're all retards.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

Sorry, cheeto-fascist

No problem, moron.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
please close this thread and ban all posters, myself included.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Sjonnar posted:

Trump is a woman?

Anyway, why are we having a discussion about tedious American politics in the Battletech-thread?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

yeah, lets keep it to stompy robots please/thank you

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Can we not get the battletech thread locked over a Taetae joke that has turned into the race relations in the USA explained through the lens of a no longer cannon Star Wars EU admiral.

Instead can we rank the most mary-sue characters in Battletech fiction.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I like the character that was the best at everything.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

5. Clan Wolf.
4. Phelan Kell
3. Kai Allard-Liao
2. Victor
1. Our Mercenary Commanders from this game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Sky Shadowing posted:

5. Clan Wolf.
4. Phelan Kell
3. Kai Allard-Liao
2. Victor

A succinct list of everything I hate in Battletech.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I hope we get to attack space :foxnews:/comstar.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Sky Shadowing posted:

1. Our Mercenary Commanders from this game.

Even my lack of proper Btech knowledge knows this is bullshit.

Because my commander is going to get shot in the robo-dick so much :sigh:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Azuth0667 posted:

I hope we get to attack space :foxnews:/comstar.

Odds are good that in this part of the timeline, you probably don't want to be fighting ComStar. Especially since you're limited to a single Lance in strength.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Section Z posted:

I don't know if the Mackie is in this game? :v:

theres another couple of mechs with crotch guns, I just forget their names

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Section Z posted:

Even my lack of proper Btech knowledge knows this is bullshit.

But it is literally a feature that we can not die.

It was mostly a joke, though I do intend to headcanon straight on board the Mary Sue train and ride it straight to Battletechsville, since that is the Battletech way.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Zaodai posted:

Odds are good that in this part of the timeline, you probably don't want to be fighting ComStar. Especially since you're limited to a single Lance in strength.

That sounds like a fun scenario to me. "Hold out against this overwhelming force until we can do X that was sent by... Wait is that loving ComStar?! Oh poo poo!"

E: ComStar starts with 2 lances of King Crabs.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Sky Shadowing posted:

But it is literally a feature that we can not die.

It was mostly a joke, though I do intend to headcanon straight on board the Mary Sue train and ride it straight to Battletechsville, since that is the Battletech way.

Yeah, I know even the worst of successful playthroughs will still have the perks of being a Main Character.

But generally, even the most wildly successful player character will never compare to Non Interactive Mary Sues.

"So the good news is I have the highest kill count of enemy assault mechs in the system. The bad news is I need to be cause HOLY poo poo look at all these maintenance bills. Jesus Christ."

Meanwhile, some written word pilot is giggling to themselves as they switch the badguy's secret prototype Myomer plans with some techno jargon laxative formula that will make battlemechs poo poo out their fusion cores. Then the narrator describes how delicate their furrowed brows are as they concentrate to kill an Atlas by firing an infantry weapon just right at the cockpit.

That and the lack of a 'Or maybe it happened this way' failure reel by nature of restarting botched missions.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 16, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Azuth0667 posted:

E: ComStar starts with 2 lances of King Crabs.

ComStar's going to have to face my lance of better King Crabs, so I still win :colbert:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Psion posted:

ComStar's going to have to face my lance of better King Crabs, so I still win :colbert:

Probably controversial:

Atlas > King Crab

:c00lbutt:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ROM is gonna have words with you over that one.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Azuth0667 posted:

Probably controversial:

Atlas > King Crab

:frogout:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Have they modified their claim of only four player-controlled mechs per mission?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Nope, that's one gun they've stuck to.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

Probably controversial:

Atlas > every mech

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Atlas is still the one, true poster child of Battletech. Mad Bad Cat can get hosed.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
gently caress Atlas, Battlemaster supremacy.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Look at all these bads who refuse to acknowledge the divinity of the Atlas, or its holy son, Atlas II.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'll just wait for madcat to show up, with its radical new gospel.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
The old Marauder is still the best. I even still have a Bandai-model of the Tactical Pod Glaug stashed in my apartment, waiting for the moment when I will have enough time to use it. Come Spring, I'll build and paint my very own Marauder. (I just need to find free space for the finished model, my tiny apartment is like 80% books, 10% electronic devices and 10% cables. No free room left for anything else: :v: )

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Sjonnar posted:

Hi you did actually vote for a fascist sorry.

:ssh: I'm just basing that on the years I spent in college studying it tho. :ssh:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Actually the locust is the most iconic mech of the Inner Sphere and I plan to run four of them in a lance and see how well that works It won't

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Psion posted:

ROM is gonna have words with you over that one.

Bring it, its Steiner scout lance time :clint:.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Halman posted:

Hi you did actually vote for a fascist sorry.

:ssh: I'm just basing that on the years I spent in college studying it tho. :ssh:

Maybe its time for the clan invasion of C-Spam because it keeps leaking out into the periphery here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Skoll posted:

Look at all these bads who refuse to acknowledge the divinity of the Atlas, or its holy son, Atlas II.
PTN King Atlas best Atlas.

• Locked thread