Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hal Jordan: Greatest of the Green Lantern Corps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Push El Burrito posted:

Get your poo poo together, Hal.

"You don't understand, Superman: I can only afford apartments in really bad neighborhoods. With really bad people in them. You know who I mean."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

"You don't understand, Superman: I can only afford apartments in really bad neighborhoods. With really bad people in them. You know who I mean."

What're you talking about? Hal has no problem with...their types.

See? Look how friendly he is!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Clowning on Green Lantern, you say?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Evil Mastermind posted:

Ow I hit a rock.

Ow I hit a stick.

Ow I hit a chair.

Ow the ceiling hit me.

Ow I became self aware.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 15, 2017

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Teenage Fansub posted:

This is amazing.

Today's Captain America: Steve Rogers

Today's Justice League

I'm not up on jl, is that a giant shield generator or something

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

site posted:

I'm not up on jl, is that a giant shield generator or something

Nobody's reading JL. I got that on bleedingcool. Apparently in this issue that girl is telling Flash all about different DC continuities and Cyborg warps to Legion of Superheroes time.
That stuff's almost got me buying another Hitch JL comic, but I'm not falling for it!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Push El Burrito posted:

Ow I became self aware.

Please, please tell me he solves this by eventually realizing the floor isn't yellow. 20 hours later.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

A guacamole

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

A type of underground rodent that resembles an avocado.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Push El Burrito posted:

A type of underground rodent that resembles an avocado.

Actually it's an avocado that's disguised as an artichoke, sending sensitive information back to the other avocados.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Hal is basically the Green Lantern Corps' version of the developmentally disabled kid who sweeps up at McDonald's.

Meanwhile, Spider-Man ruins the experience of escaping the Heroes Reborn universe:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I like that Superman has to throw in that "almost." Just so we remember what the pecking order is around here, ring boy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If GL and Newspaper Spider-Man ever get into a fight they'll both end up dead a la Death of Superman but without ever laying a hand on one another.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Having my first exposure to classic GL come from Archived editions caused a struggle to figure out how a name like "Tom Kalmaku" could possibly inspire that nickname. Little did I know.

For content, here's what I choose to believe is Donald Duck's usual process for making new friends:

(Carl Barks, "Turkey Trouble", Approx. 9 million different issues of Donald Duck owing to reprints)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dr Strange #17

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Endless Mike posted:

Dr Strange #17

Is the one in the top right vampire thrall Hitler?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oh poo poo. I didn't know I got a Frazer Irving drawn issue of Doc Strange this week. Time to get on that :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SomeMathGuy posted:

For content, here's what I choose to believe is Donald Duck's usual process for making new friends:

(Carl Barks, "Turkey Trouble", Approx. 9 million different issues of Donald Duck owing to reprints)

I love Donald Duck so much, that insane little rageaholic :allears:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Evil Mastermind posted:

Fappo!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Push El Burrito posted:

Green Lantern is the best hero.

This one actually has the in-context excuse that Silver Age Owlman's powers involved clouding people's mind and subtly hypnotizing them. I like that the CSA are analogues rather than straight up evil versions of the JLA, like Ultraman being a human astronaut who's a separate person from Earth-3 Clark Kent.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

WickedHate posted:

This one actually has the in-context excuse that Silver Age Owlman's powers involved clouding people's mind and subtly hypnotizing them. I like that the CSA are analogues rather than straight up evil versions of the JLA, like Ultraman being a human astronaut who's a separate person from Earth-3 Clark Kent.

The CSA are straight up one of my favorite things in the DCU. But yeah, their variant backgrounds and stuff are a lot of fun.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

Oh poo poo. I didn't know I got a Frazer Irving drawn issue of Doc Strange this week. Time to get on that :)
My Comixology subscription also gave me the #1.MU issue that I wouldn't have bought otherwise. Turns out it was a fun little story written by Chip Zdarsky with Spider-Man making an appearance. I kinda expect this version of Spider-Man is how he'll be writing him in his series.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wait, does she even have enhanced strength?

Yes. Googling about it says she can lift about 7 tons, a little less than half the 15 tons Spider-man is credited with.

So...

Unbelievable Gwenpool #11

EDIT: Also!

Gwenpool and Deadpool finally meet up at the end of this issue!

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 16, 2017

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Okay, that was a great setup.

Also, obligatory " I thought he was dead?"

yeah yeah comics comics

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Johnny Aztec posted:

Okay, that was a great setup.

Also, obligatory " I thought he was dead?"

yeah yeah comics comics

I believe Batroc the Leaper spends his existence in a state of quantum uncertainty like Magneto, Stilt-man, or all those mutants from M-day. He can only be dead when he's not being actively observed by the reader.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That goes quadruple for his sometimes-cohort Machete.

I'm still not sure how many of them there've been, and no one else is, either.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

That goes quadruple for his sometimes-cohort Machete.

I'm still not sure how many of them there've been, and no one else is, either.

I remember three; Batroc Ze Leapair, Machete, and Zaran the Weapon-Master. One of those last two guys had blades instead of hands.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's a little known fact that Dr. Doom likes to sprinkle bots and LMDs of various other supervillains around the world so that at any given time when you see a B-lister supposedly die it's probably not actually them.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
ComicsAlliance did a spotlight on Golden Age Wonder Woman for their Love & Sex week, and, uh...jeez.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Is the Hitler cure a loaded handgun?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lobok posted:

If GL and Newspaper Spider-Man ever get into a fight they'll both end up dead a la Death of Superman but without ever laying a hand on one another.

They will stop the fight when they learn of their common foe. That brick wall.
Both heroes will die fighting it. Hal will fall off a cliff and forget he can fly.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kwyndig posted:

I believe Batroc the Leaper spends his existence in a state of quantum uncertainty like Magneto, Stilt-man, or all those mutants from M-day. He can only be dead when he's not being actively observed by the reader.

Same with his Frenchness

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

davidspackage posted:

Is the Hitler cure a loaded handgun?

It's an unloaded* handgun.

*Into the Hitler.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This kills the Hitler.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Patsy Walker 15

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

prefect posted:

I remember three; Batroc Ze Leapair, Machete, and Zaran the Weapon-Master. One of those last two guys had blades instead of hands.

No, what I mean is, how many Machetes, specifically. He's died several times and then showed up again with absolutely no explanation. Sometimes a later writer would go "Oh poo poo yeah he died" and explain this was a new Machete, sometimes no. One of them is the first one's brother, but he also died. No one is keeping track of it.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Are comics going to address having a real life supervillain for president?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Duke Igthorn posted:

Are comics going to address having a real life supervillain for president?

They did. Captain America was so bummed out that he quit to become Nomad for a while.