Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Uh oh, the goon heroes at Giant Bomb love For Honor - despite being absolutely terrible at the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gzU7HxWgd4

That's awesome though, if you can love a game while being awful at it, that means the game may contain the theoretical "fun" particle

e Which For Honor totally does, in my opinion. I'm still waffling about actually buying it, but having an epic sword fight and then kicking my opponent off a wall at the last second when im at dot health is pretty satisfying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Inspector Hound posted:

That's awesome though, if you can love a game while being awful at it, that means the game may contain the theoretical "fun" particle

e Which For Honor totally does, in my opinion. I'm still waffling about actually buying it, but having an epic sword fight and then kicking my opponent off a wall at the last second when im at dot health is pretty satisfying

Oh yeah, definitely a good thing. Although it's not normally the type of game that people will like if they aren't very good at one on one battles. Like you can't help out significantly in other ways like you can in say battlefield 1.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy releasing June 30th!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziilu6naNac

Get hyped

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

After watching the For Honor Giant Bomb quick look...this game looks loving awful.

THIS is the game people are going all in on and defending?! Jesus people this game's going to be dead within two weeks. Initial reviews aren't exactly glowing about it.

Way to back Evolve 2.0, goons.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lobok posted:

I'm hoping Microsoft can pull a rabbit out of its hat because I don't think gamers will really benefit if we're left with Sony having a monopoly over consoles (yes yes, except for the Switch). Keeping that competition going would be nice.

This is dumb. Sony isn't just competing with Microsoft, they compete with the PC market, mobile phone market, and basically whatever timesink people want to put their lives into. If MS decided to dump their Xbox division, Sony wouldn't have some magical monopoly, because there's still plenty of other market forces at play. Also, people always assume "intense competition" means 2 top companies competing like Coke / Pepsi, or Boeing / Airbus, when the reality is "intense competition" means a ton of other competitors are in your marketplace. And that's not what the video game industry is.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Kirios posted:

Initial reviews aren't exactly glowing about it.

Except that they are and it has a huge player base already.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mr President posted:

Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy releasing June 30th!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziilu6naNac

Get hyped

My first day one ps4 purchase.

Not even kidding

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Except that they are and it has a huge player base already.

Having a huge player base initially isn't impressive.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NoMansSkyPlayerStats.jpg

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CharlestheHammer posted:

Having a huge player base initially isn't impressive.

It's been out for two days, sorry I can't predict the future like all the people who don't like/don't play the game.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yakuza 0 is so good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

It's been out for two days, sorry I can't predict the future like all the people who don't like the game.

Then why did you try.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CharlestheHammer posted:

Then why did you try.

I didn't.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Oh yeah, definitely a good thing. Although it's not normally the type of game that people will like if they aren't very good at one on one battles. Like you can't help out significantly in other ways like you can in say battlefield 1.

There seemed to be a couple group buff abilities, but i got decapitated so quickly most of the time or used the first available ability so i rarely got to use them. Definitely nothing that could compete with the time i spent turning my team into a never ending stream of immortal soldiers as a medic or making helicopters invincible as an engineer in bf.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

NoMansSkyPlayerStats.jpg

People were demanding refunds by like day 2 or 3 of nms, nothing could be that bad

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Then your post served no purpose, neat.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CharlestheHammer posted:

Then your post served no purpose, neat.

I was talking about its current success.

You should not be talking about posts that serve no purpose.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

It's been out for two days, sorry I can't predict the future like all the people who don't like/don't play the game.

this petulantly-posting-about-a-game-like-i'm-owed-a-conversion-about-it-despite-most-people-in-the-thread-not-being-interested-gimmick is pretty novel and i like it, but I'd be careful about overdoing it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Attitude Indicator posted:

this petulantly-posting-about-a-game-like-i'm-owed-a-conversion-about-it-despite-most-people-in-the-thread-not-being-interested-gimmick is pretty novel and i like it, but I'd be careful about overdoing it.

Haha this thread is the worst. Yes it's me the guy talking about a new game release that's the problem, not the people who want to shut it down and personally attack me.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Haha this thread is the worst. Yes it's me the guy talking about a new game release that's the problem, not the people who want to shut it down and personally attack me.

If the game was so loving fun you'd be playing it 2 days after release rather than poo poo posting on a forum about it!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Why are For Honor fans so butthurt when people call their lovely game lovely.

You can like a lovely game. Its still a lovely game. Theres something about it that makes people itt defend it really annoyingly. I really think its a sunk cost thing. But hey they promised new content for the game with no content so buy it now!!!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I was talking about its current success.

You should not be talking about posts that serve no purpose.

I know but it's not nice to ignore other posters.

And if everyone followed that advice no one would ever reply to you and that's sad

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Also talking about current success on a two day old game is pointless as hell anyway.

You don't need to defend your lovely purchase, just enjoy it while it lasts.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Also talking about current success on a two day old game is pointless as hell anyway.

You don't need to defend your lovely purchase, just enjoy it while it lasts.

The CG trailers I saw man it look real fun and cool and then I played the demo. Lot of people got tricked.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Fix posted:

Yakuza 0 is so good.

Hell yeah.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

you're a cutie pie!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Hey people have opinions on things they like, and those opinions are totally subjective.

tl;dr: You're all idiots. Let's talk about Dark Souls or something.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I liked Dark Souls 2 the best, followed by Bloodborne. Fight me.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

You and other For Honor posters have soured the pot on saying really dumb things to defend it when people criticize it.

Like "Just give it a try" to people who played the pre launch beta. Orthe lack of content complaint answered with "They are releaseing a bunch of future content, buy now :haw: " Or the goon implying that baby gamers can play the computer in Nioh, real skill is defeating 12 year olds who can't find the block stick in the real gamers game For HONOR.

You're going to have to come with more content, then "its good and popular" to not get dismissed about this subject at this point.

Fuzz posted:

Hey people have opinions on things they like, and those opinions are totally subjective.

tl;dr: You're all idiots. Let's talk about Dark Souls or something.

Nioh is the new Dark Souls and its combat is miles above even bloodborne.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 16, 2017

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Heh...these posters say they think a thing is good...but I know the real truth. :c00lbutt:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I liked Dark Souls 2 the best, followed by Bloodborne. Fight me.

That's allowed. DS2 on PS4 yeah? With all the added stuff?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe if giant bomb made a vid about you we would have to say sorry

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Yeah its really good, and if you played the rocky launch original the enemies are remixed, fresh experience, you should play that and not For Honor.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Or you should play Nioh, because it's better than Dark Souls 2 in every way except build diversity.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Pre Scholar I liked Bloodborne more, post Scholar DS2.

I'm not that far in Nioh, I like the gamey aspects , but the first two bosses felt weak. The combat, movement and brevity is way more for me than Soulsborne games. I never cared much for obscure lore

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Pre Scholar I liked Bloodborne more, post Scholar DS2.

I'm not that far in Nioh, I like the gamey aspects , but the first two bosses felt weak. The combat, movement and brevity is way more for me than Soulsborne games. I never cared much for obscure lore

I always get confused when people talk about bosses by number, because I forget the tutorial boss exists. The tutorial boss is lame and boring, the next boss is good, the fourth boss (I think) is not great, but all the other bosses (so far, I've got like 4 missions left) are great.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Snak posted:

Or you should play Nioh, because it's better than Dark Souls 2 in every way except build diversity.

I don't like Nioh as much but it still fun and worth checking out if you have finished all Souls content.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The shoebox Arena made a bad impression. Vampire Lady was fun to fight, yeah.

Muneshige is also not very fun, but optional. I wonder if barehanding it is still the best way

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't like Nioh as much but it still fun and worth checking out if you have finished all Souls content.

Why? I know Im going to have a lot of trouble going back to DS combat for the DS3 dlc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
it's true, Onryoki's boss arena is like, the smallest one in the game.