Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

DoctaFun posted:

futbin has added some cool player stats like:

Gomez looks really good and I probably should pick him up, but a lot of people are playing him as a striker compared to Messi so that accounts for some of the discrepancy probably.

This sounds like a good idea, I would do it but hold onto Mane, his price spikes out when he even starts for liverpool let alone scores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Seltzer posted:

Gomez looks really good and I probably should pick him up, but a lot of people are playing him as a striker compared to Messi so that accounts for some of the discrepancy probably.

This sounds like a good idea, I would do it but hold onto Mane, his price spikes out when he even starts for liverpool let alone scores.

I sold basically all my gold players and sold my active squads, going all in on Lukaku tomorrow.

Honestly, I've played like 5 games in the last two weeks, so at this point it's a gambling/investing game for me while I have downtime at work. I'll have ~850,000 coins once my players sell, I'm hoping Lukaku falls far enough down that I can pick up 4 of his SIF.

I will either come back in here with good news in the next couple days, or I will lose a huge amount of my coins and be pretty sour. If the investment works out quickly I might turn around and try to buy up a bunch of OTW Mane before this weekend. Fingers crossed!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I put all my coins into Muriel at 19k, there aren't many pacy/good forwards in Serie A. We'll see what happens.

One cool thing about futbins aggregated stats is that it shows significant increases in productivity as IFs go up. I wasn't paranoid that IFs were bad or broken this year but a lot of the increases are noticeable. Sneijder goes from .25 goals .25 assists on his base card to .33 goals, .3 assists on his SIF. It's hard to compare perfectly though, position changes effect things, peoples use of a card effect things. For instance Messi's numbers being similar to Gomez's isn't that crazy since a lot of people play Messi on the wing and Gomez at Striker. Another card that is slightly effected by this probably its TOTGS Giuliano but I just wanted to look at his stats to reaffirm why he's the best Cam for me and he goes from .26 G, .26 A to .59 G .29 A comparing the NIF to the TOTGS. Again since the TOTGS comes out of packs at ST that probably effects how he's uses but that's a crazy jump. Card's that have stayed in the same position are good comparison's though like Sneijder. Also that Sow Motm card seems to actually justify it's crazy high price based on Futbin stats.

e- Also of course the top chem style used on IF Aubameyang is Hunter

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
New league SBCs are out, it's La Liga and the scottish league.

94 rated suarez for 700k coins and falling.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

New league SBCs are out, it's La Liga and the scottish league.

I actually built a squad for the whole scottish league lol. Thanks for the heads up

e- I always make a scottish squad each year that's why. Griffiths looks better than I was expecting so that's nice.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Just picked up 4 SIF Lukaku's for ~ 237k each(his IF is going for almost 200!).

If the TIF is really expensive and the SIF climbs back towards it's peak value(which it might with a BPL WL coming up), I'm in line for ~740k profit before tax).

Even if they climb to the ~370 they hovered around for the past couple weeks that could be a cool 520k profit.

Wish me luck dudes.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

DoctaFun posted:

Just picked up 4 SIF Lukaku's for ~ 237k each(his IF is going for almost 200!).

If the TIF is really expensive and the SIF climbs back towards it's peak value(which it might with a BPL WL coming up), I'm in line for ~740k profit before tax).

Even if they climb to the ~370 they hovered around for the past couple weeks that could be a cool 520k profit.

Wish me luck dudes.

I could see them climbing back up to like 300 or so, the new card is gonna be $$$

e: Parolo is already under 100k, his NIF is godlike. Gonna pick him up for sure.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 8, 2017

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
ja i want that parolo as well, hopefully it drops to below 50k, but doubt it

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

vivisectvnv posted:

ja i want that parolo as well, hopefully it drops to below 50k, but doubt it

I think he'll drop to like 40k. Serie A is probably the least popular big league, they have so many great midfielders and anyone who really really wanted him already spent their coins on his SBC way back. We'll see. I'm gonna look to get him too. Also I'm pretty sure I got disconnect glitched during a WL qualifier final last night and I'm probably just going to take a week off from playing now after that.

I got to one final right before the one I was DQed in and I lost despite outplaying a guy. I let in a 45th minute kante toepoke from the edge of the box that dribbled past my keeper in the center of goal without him moving towards it and one I also was one the end one of the most ridiculous OGs ever. The guy even messaged me and told me the game was bullshit afterwards.

With the game I think I was DQ glitched in It's the only time I've lost connection from EA's servers in 3 like years without it being on their end and I was immediately able to reconnect afterwards. I was up 2-0.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
IF Parolo looks awesome, pair him with Nainggolan for a pretty beastly midfield.

EDIT: holy crap, TIF Lukaku was selling for 540k initially and is already almost 700k! Coulda been a pretty easy 160k profit if someone was on the ball.

Double Edit: I used Higuain last year and was never impressed, and I've heard from others that he never performs in game like his rating would suggest. But is there better evidence than his IF prices?

IF = 220k
SIF = 230k
TIF(91 rated) = 290k

I know the market is screwed up right now, but holy cow that is unusual.

DoctaFun fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 8, 2017

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

There were four special squads out at the same time and OTW SBCs, if they don't do more crazy stuff prices should go up again soon when the OTW stuff ends this weekend. Also please Renato get subbed on and score a goal.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Seltzer posted:

There were four special squads out at the same time and OTW SBCs, if they don't do more crazy stuff prices should go up again soon when the OTW stuff ends this weekend. Also please Renato get subbed on and score a goal.

LOL, Gabriel Jesus's OTW goes from 580k to 360k in the blink of an eye, after his IF is confirmed/released.

I don't watch any Bundesliga but I've heard that Renato just isn't getting much playing time(not surprising given the talent BM already has in place).

DoctaFun fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 8, 2017

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

DoctaFun posted:

LOL, Gabriel Jesus's OTW goes from 580k to 360k in the blink of an eye, after his IF is confirmed/released.

I don't watch any Bundesliga but I've heard that Renato just isn't getting much playing time(not surprising given the talent BM already has in place).

Yea, I've heard the same about Sanches. He's a talent though and I hope he gets some game time if/when they put some space between themselves and Leipzig on the table. Always sell before card upgrades because there is always undercutting, I plan on doing the same with my OTW Dembele.

I gave qualifying one more shot after the DQ the other day and stormed it. SIF Sneijder is legit and actually feels like an old Sneijder card now (in a good way). Motm Aboubakar is also awesome. His shooting is average but 87 sprint speed + 87 strength + 80 vision and short pass + most dribbling stats above 80 and 4* skills. You don't need excellent shooting because he's one of the best players I've used for actually getting close to goal. The strength, pace, and dribbling combo is rare and even when you find it it's rare to have skills and good agility as well. It's a shame the Superlig tots is so far away because they have some of the best top tier cards right now but only in a few positions.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Well SIF Lukaku is up to 300k, and the TIF has only fallen to 590k with the rewards out. Even if the TIF stays at ~600k I think the SIF has the potential to rise to the 400k area.

As it stands, looking at 200k profit right now, hoping they go up to 400k and I'll be looking at a gangbusters profit of 600k overall.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Monthly Rewards are out.

Not too terrible, I was hoping for someone big like Nainggolan or Dybala or whatever but I'll take a free inform Perisic any day, and Schmeichel, Gomez and Alonso also look pretty drat nice.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

Monthly Rewards are out.

Not too terrible, I was hoping for someone big like Nainggolan or Dybala or whatever but I'll take a free inform Perisic any day, and Schmeichel, Gomez and Alonso also look pretty drat nice.

Schmeichel is a garbage fire, I had him in a Danish hybrid and ended up replacing him with Lossl (77). I gave him a good run of games too. Silva is really good though.

I blew 100 k picking up SIF Falcao's when he was selling for about 13.5k earlier today. That card will easily hit 30k next time an IF SBC comes out. Also his first IF was surprisingly good so I'll give him a try again.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Ahhhh, I was banking on Mane not having a big game against Tottenham today. Was going to let my Lukaku investments rise a little more and then sell late next week and pick up some Mane's before next weekend's games.

Total bummer, I could have bought 10 Mane's at ~130ish, they were up at 300k for a bit this afternoon. :suicide:.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Ah geez Martial might get an inform, hold on to your butts.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

DoctaFun posted:

IF Gomez (.51, .32) <--- Basically Messi. Currently 23k
God drat that card is amazing. Just sold off my b-squad and am gonna build a Serie A squad around that IF-Gomez.

Gonna go with this:
https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/1738486

Tzen fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 12, 2017

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Also, I sold off my IF-Sokratis and bought Vidal. Played some games, dude is good and all, but wasn't doing anything that Sanches wasn't already doing. Sooo Vidal sold, and gonna be buying SIF-Sokratis.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!
Will the WL requirements for next weekend make good BPL players even more expensive? When do they start to move?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

aborn posted:

Will the WL requirements for next weekend make good BPL players even more expensive? When do they start to move?

It's already started. Might be too late to do something about it, there's definitely some room left to snag some cards to sell but it could get dicey/difficult to know when to sell. Martial is already up 5k for instance. I'm gonna think about buying cards needed for the WL after which is ligue 1/Bundesliga.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Is there a website you can see requirements?

Qualified for the weekend league for the 2nd time, got 18 wins with 5 games to go which is a lot better than my 5 wins in 25 games from the first time.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

aborn posted:

Most players have already started to rise. A couple guys I might still look at would be Walcott and Bellerin. Bellerin has already rose by 1000 coins or so, but hes still only ~7500 coins. He will be used a lot because of his pace, the slightly better option is Walker at RB, but there's a big price difference between the two.

I don't know if Walcott will rise much, but he's one of the few players I've seen who haven't already risen. He's used a fair amount though.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

Is there a website you can see requirements?

Qualified for the weekend league for the 2nd time, got 18 wins with 5 games to go which is a lot better than my 5 wins in 25 games from the first time.

You can check the calendar in the WL area of fut it will show the requirements. Part of me wants to skip the PL WL because I'm tired of playing against those players, but part of me wants to say how bad it can get.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I keep changing what squad I want to build, I think it's feasible that I'll have ~1.6 - 1.8MM coins by next week, and I could probably move that towards 2.5 within another week or two. Thinking about building a team around Messi/Neymar since I've never actually been able to use them before. Thinking of working towards these two teams:

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/1781304

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/1777814

Thoughts on how they'd play?

Edit: meant to make the LaLiga squad a 4-3-3(4)

DoctaFun fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 13, 2017

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017

DoctaFun posted:

I keep changing what squad I want to build, I think it's feasible that I'll have ~1.6 - 1.8MM coins by next week, and I could probably move that towards 2.5 within another week or two. Thinking about building a team around Messi/Neymar since I've never actually been able to use them before. Thinking of working towards these two teams:

La liga team without Bale or Ronnie? I'd pick those guys over Neymar and Messi. I would only play Messi in a no.10 roll - found him weak on the wing

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

DoctaFun posted:

Midfield is too defensive I'd swap Modric in for one of the two DMs. Ramos for Godin. Oblak is pretty poo poo when I face him and that seems to be consensus. I don't use la liga much but Sirigu has been good for me. Keepers are a crap shoot. The 4222 squad looks like a disaster tbh, I'm just not a fan of that formation and given that both your DMs have high attacking work rates your players will be all jumbled up.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

littlejoey posted:

La liga team without Bale or Ronnie? I'd pick those guys over Neymar and Messi. I would only play Messi in a no.10 roll - found him weak on the wing

I'd blow my whole load just buying Ronaldo!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Keepers in the game in general are a crapshoot. Basically any decent keeper will have games where they save anything and games where they let everything in. Taller keepers are very weak to low driven shots so if your opponent is really good with those, a tall keeper is gonna suffer. Shorter keepers are better at low drivens but worse at saving long shots, so etc.

I've tried basically every major keeper in the game short of De Gea and Neuer for upwards of 20 games and honestly, as long as they don't have the doesn't come out for crosses trait and decent throwing they're all totally usable.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

Keepers in the game in general are a crapshoot. Basically any decent keeper will have games where they save anything and games where they let everything in. Taller keepers are very weak to low driven shots so if your opponent is really good with those, a tall keeper is gonna suffer. Shorter keepers are better at low drivens but worse at saving long shots, so etc.

I've tried basically every major keeper in the game short of De Gea and Neuer for upwards of 20 games and honestly, as long as they don't have the doesn't come out for crosses trait and decent throwing they're all totally usable.

The short ones can be irredeemable trash though. Seriously 86 Schmeichel played worse than any 74 rated 6'4 keeper you could name.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

The short ones can be irredeemable trash though. Seriously 86 Schmeichel played worse than any 74 rated 6'4 keeper you could name.

I've used him for like 10 games now and he's been brilliant for me. I'm planning on using him for this next weekend unless he starts making GBS threads the bed, so we'll see. That's the thing, for any keeper in the game someone will have horrible experiences with him and someone will have good experiences. They're basically just insanely inconsistent.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Gomez is getting another IF today, at ST, to an 85. Pretty big upgrade to face stats as well:

94 Pace (+3)
84 Shooting (+4)
85 passing (+4)
90 dribbling (+1)
68 Physical (+4)

Looking forward to fitting him in. In the mean time, I'm going to sell my Mane investments at some point today, thinking about picking up IF Suarez if he falls into the 700s, that card has been as high as ~1.6 million and was generally around 1.2MM before his SBC hit.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

DoctaFun posted:

Gomez is getting another IF today, at ST, to an 85. Pretty big upgrade to face stats as well:

94 Pace (+3)
84 Shooting (+4)
85 passing (+4)
90 dribbling (+1)
68 Physical (+4)

Looking forward to fitting him in. In the mean time, I'm going to sell my Mane investments at some point today, thinking about picking up IF Suarez if he falls into the 700s, that card has been as high as ~1.6 million and was generally around 1.2MM before his SBC hit.

Niccccce. I just checked and Martial got an IF which is bad and good. It's bad because every EPL team will have him, It's good because I dropped 220k into stocking up on his cards the other day and the PL WL is coming up. I knew EA couldn't resist giving him a card for 1 g 1 a. Idk about Suarez though, the 94 SBC isn't that hard to get (easier than the ligue 1 one) and is actually relatively cheap so that will take a lot of the demand from non toty suarez's away imo.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Seltzer posted:

Niccccce. I just checked and Martial got an IF which is bad and good. It's bad because every EPL team will have him, It's good because I dropped 220k into stocking up on his cards the other day and the PL WL is coming up. I knew EA couldn't resist giving him a card for 1 g 1 a. Idk about Suarez though, the 94 SBC isn't that hard to get (easier than the ligue 1 one) and is actually relatively cheap so that will take a lot of the demand from non toty suarez's away imo.

Yeah, I changed my mind on Suarez, too risky.

I think I'm going to cash out on my three Mane's, and maybe re-invest in Dembele OTW. Just saw a few go for under 200k and his IF is like 160k. Should rise before his game for guaranteed profit, or could wait, they play Wolsfburg who is towards the bottom of the table on Saturday, if he bags a goal he'd go through the roof. Plus there's the Bundesliga-La Liga requirement next weekend and he hybrids nicely with some of the french La Liga players(Griezmann)

Should be able to get 5 or 6 of them.

Also thought about OTW Pjanic because it's more or less the same price as his IF. They play Palermo on Friday, so could potentially pick up for that games hype, sell them if he increases a bit, THEN invest in Dembele for Saturday, but that timing might be a bit tough.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I really appreciate the trading chat here; it's very instructive to see how you come to make your decisions to invest or not to invest on certain players. Never really thought about how a player's performance affects its value even without IFs...

I feel like I proved myself in past FIFA games by winning Div1 like a dozen times with cheap teams, so I'm more interested in making coins through trading. It's pretty tough to get started though since on the cheap end prices seem to be really tight. Is it really possible to trade yourself out of the sub 10k range or do you recommend just getting a baseline of about 100k coins by playing before doing any serious trading?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

DoctaFun posted:

94 Pace (+3)
84 Shooting (+4)
85 passing (+4)
90 dribbling (+1)
68 Physical (+4)

Yeahh I sold mine as soon as I could. Lost some coin on him. Looks like it's time to abandon this squad and build something else.

Going to go back to building a squad around IF-Stindl at CAM. :getin:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Also, see you later Bellarabi, hello SIF-Nicolai Muller.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The upgrades will begin rolling tomorrow. Interestingly it's being called a "ratings refresh" and the logo has a green upgrade arrow and a red downgrade arrow. People are speculating that new cards won't be released and rather that the cards will "refresh" to a new rating in your club. That would be really interesting especially if they did downgrades as well. I'm worried about Renato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

The upgrades will begin rolling tomorrow. Interestingly it's being called a "ratings refresh" and the logo has a green upgrade arrow and a red downgrade arrow. People are speculating that new cards won't be released and rather that the cards will "refresh" to a new rating in your club. That would be really interesting especially if they did downgrades as well. I'm worried about Renato.

I don't think he'll get downgraded for not playing, if such a thing were to happen.

• Locked thread