Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

a bone to pick posted:

burger pug is a worse meme than "kill all the jews"

loving PISSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

temple posted:

Just like how people misunderstood the other 8 nazi jokes on his channel.
i do appreciate how much the daily stormer loves him

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

temple posted:

Just like how people misunderstood the other 8 nazi jokes on his channel.

Who gives a poo poo, would you care if they were Buddhist jokes?

Please list things people aren't allowed to joke about, I love having my speech controlled.

Can I make a joke about Christians? Or talk poo poo about Christians which this forum constantly does? Please decide my speech for me.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Prorat posted:

Please list things people aren't allowed to joke about, I love having my speech controlled.

Can I make a joke about Christians? Or talk poo poo about Christians which this forum constantly does? Please decide my speech for me.

lol

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This is a laugh free zone sir.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Prorat posted:

Make the jokes you want to make.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Kill all Porats.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Prorat posted:

Technically you are allowed to joke about anything.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

a bone to pick posted:

burger pug is a worse meme than "kill all the jews"

kill yourself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
You know America is in trouble when the guy with the Trump avatar is making the most sense.

Do you dumbasses really think that loving PewDiePie is some kind of nazi? Really!? I mean if you want to call him a talentless hack I won't argue with you but there's a difference between joking about something and endorsing it. Even when the jokes in question aren't funny or are in poor taste.

JFC people this sort of bullshit is why half the country only reads Breitbart and thinks racism is no longer a thing. Stop being lazy loving sheep.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

readingatwork posted:

You know America is in trouble when the guy with the Trump avatar is making the most sense.

Do you dumbasses really think that loving PewDiePie is some kind of nazi? Really!? I mean if you want to call him a talentless hack I won't argue with you but there's a difference between joking about something and endorsing it. Even when the jokes in question aren't funny or are in poor taste.

JFC people this sort of bullshit is why half the country only reads Breitbart and thinks racism is no longer a thing. Stop being lazy loving sheep.
pretty much no one in this thread believes mr. edgelord screechman is an actual nazi no, but lots of people in this thread have become outraged at the notion that people could be believing it. including yourself, apparently

getting outraged at stupid poo poo isnt worth it. just chill dude

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

readingatwork posted:

Do I think PDP is a Nazi? Probably not. Problem is the a lot of people who actually watch this poo poo are probably too young or impressionable to really grasp satire and may see this as an endorsement of Nazi values.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

readingatwork posted:

Yeah basically this. It's OK to actually look into the info on the things you make fun of, it's not hard guys.

Maker Studios is probably going to be gutted like a fish or significantly restructured over this Pewdpie thing. They're making the media think Disney is to blame. Do not cross the mouse.

Youtubers will be too afraid to make (bad) controversial jokes in fear for their ad revenue. iDubbz will probably still be iDubbz.

Infidel Castro posted:

Do I think PDP is a Nazi? Probably not. Problem is the a lot of people who actually watch this poo poo are probably too young or impressionable to really grasp satire and may see this as an endorsement of Nazi values.

Chances are since he stopped doing the crappy scarecam content his prepubsecent fanbase has stopped watching his stuff (compare 50m subs to 3-5m views a video). The PewDiePie mobile games (barf) are somehow still highly successful, maybe they're banking on all his old memes.

Putty fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 16, 2017

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Turns out Poe's law is like the sea, a fickle mistress. And like any true old salt, we all feel the siren song beckoning us back to its loving, moist embrace, salt spray crusting our neckbeards.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Maybe the Swede screaming like a toddler at video games made for children sucks not because he made a dumb joke in bad taste, but because his business model is to scream like a toddler at video games made for children while also being Swedish

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

videos about video games!? pffffffft hahaha ok

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74cM-tF8-kY

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
The internet has really made people so stupid that they would proudly display their basement-filmed Rape Hitler videos to their spouse, employer, parents, friends and family, random children, etc.

Like, on their wedding night: "look what i made for you!"

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Infidel Castro posted:

Literally the 1990s and video games, rock music, parental warnings on CDs.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

That pic is funnier than 99% of GBS by the way.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

revdrkevind posted:

to be fair, the fake neo nazis did see it as an endorsement of their values and most of them are probably are children, considering it's predominately a 4chan thing

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I am sustained by the outrage over anti--antisemitism and watching white boys slipping on to it like the 3rd rail. Nazi jokes are a bug zapper for not-racist entertainers.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

was he that guy that microwaved used diapers and then wore them? or was that some other guy. always wondered how the diaper guy got such a high profile

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

appropriatemetaphor posted:

was he that guy that microwaved used diapers and then wore them? or was that some other guy. always wondered how the diaper guy got such a high profile

haha they weren't just used diapers, they were diapers he found in dumpsters. afaik the guy actually got rear end cancer from doing it. I got eye cancer from watching all these pewd videos.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Felix has gone so far up his loving arse in this article: http://uk.businessinsider.com/pewdiepie-response-to-report-2017-2?r=US&IR=T

quote:

"He characterized the report as part of a pattern of media animosity toward YouTube stars. “The media generally doesn't like us very much ... because they are scared of us," he said."

Is he this loving stupid? They weren't scared of him, they knew he has the biggest influence on YouTube, so millions of kids look up to him...they see him as a role model and they want to imitate his actions. So when he starts posting "racist" and "anti-Semetic" videos on his channel, kids are going to look at that and think "that looks cool" and the media are very concerned about what kids are watching. If he wasn't part of some MCN or was virtually unknown, he might have gotten away with it, but both his fame and influence made that way harder for him, and now he's hosed himself over.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Junior Jr. posted:

Felix has gone so far up his loving arse in this article: http://uk.businessinsider.com/pewdiepie-response-to-report-2017-2?r=US&IR=T

Is he this loving stupid? They weren't scared of him, they knew he has the biggest influence on YouTube, so millions of kids look up to him...they see him as a role model and they want to imitate his actions. So when he starts posting "racist" and "anti-Semetic" videos on his channel, kids are going to look at that and think "that looks cool" and the media are very concerned about what kids are watching. If he wasn't part of some MCN or was virtually unknown, he might have gotten away with it, but both his fame and influence made that way harder for him, and now he's hosed himself over.

Nah, there are a shitload of would-be gatekeepers in the pop culture journalism field that openly slobber over the idea of taking down prominent youtubers who make millions because they scrabble to remain relevant while making slave wages for some poo poo online rag.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Really looking forward to Felix Kjellberg's upcoming appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher where he'll announce his run for office.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Junior Jr. posted:

Is he this loving stupid?
no, he just knows how to run with a popular narrative

e: well, i guess maybe that's not fair, it doesn't take a genius to roll with the "the whole world is against me!" line of reasoning i suppose

crime weed fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 16, 2017

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
this Hitler guy really burns my steaks! :mad:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

revdrkevind posted:

We live in an age where preteens are trying to murder their friends to earn the favour of some stupid meme a goon made up. There's bound to be a bunch of teens who think being a Nazi is cool because of Pewds.

Basically, kids are loving stupid and impressionable.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The only youtuber I'd trust with PewDiePie's influence is ReportofTheWeek.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

This isnt video games enough for me to care much

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Junior Jr. posted:

Keep in mind these few things:

- Like I said a few posts ago the lower-age audience he used to have pretty much up and vanished. Think of his crowd now as a combination of people who liked pewdiepie's change to new "content" and meme fuccbois.
- The controversial stuff is like 9 videos out of what, ten billion? This is a guy who uploads daily.
- The media is obviously not scared of YouTubers and that argument from Felixman is stupid, but they probably know that targeting YouTubers generates those ad revenue giving clicks.

I don't think kids are smart enough to get ideologies from sweaty swedish men, although I won't argue he's probably teaching this stuff better than most textbooks.

Uncle Wemus posted:

This isnt video games enough for me to care much

http://store.steampowered.com/app/390520/

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

readingatwork posted:

nah a big percentage of the country is just retarded

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Pawn 17 posted:

He, like most people, gets the entirety of his news from sensational headlines.

Reading the article? nah

Watching the source video? double nah

Critical thinking? triple nah

Pewds is an annoying and immature fuckhead, but he isn't Hilter. This whole thing started because he thought it would be funny to get someone on fiverr to say something tasteless for 5 bux. And they did. And it wasn't funny but the overreaction it just silly.

that's funny because that's what he talks about

Putty posted:

Yea it's the latter

People keep saying Disney is firing him when it's just a company they bought called maker studios. Walt Disney hates jews stuff aside, the actual Disney company is so uptight about their corp that they would have fed PewDiePie to pluto on day 1

yeah the ceo and chairman of disney is a jew so times have changed

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

That pic is funnier than 99% of GBS by the way.

99% of the posts in gbs are yours :confused:

how many accounts you got man lol

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i'm not sure if a newspaper should go crazy and attack and try to destroy a guy because he hosed up with his dumb internet jokes, I don't actually think that is very important and the way WSJ creates a crazy manufactured tone in that video is nuts

is anybody actually offended by pewds videos? like I don't think he's hurting feelings or anything really, its mild even for nazi jokes.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Oh Don Piano posted:

i have a tummyache

This sux, my man. You want me to put the thread on hold a while till you recover?

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

Junior Jr. posted:

lol buisnessinsider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Infidel Castro posted:

We live in an age where preteens are trying to murder their friends to earn the favour of some stupid meme a goon made up. There's bound to be a bunch of teens who think being a Nazi is cool because of Pewds.

Basically, kids are loving stupid and impressionable.

Hey look, it's the 2010s Satanic Panic. Crazy people gonna crazy, homie.

• Locked thread