Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

this is the nth time we have destroyed a union and we have become exceedingly efficient at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

how far ahead can we get by throwing furries under the bus

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Union crushing is my fetish

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

tower time posted:

Union crushing is my fetish

get out of the democrats thread scott walker

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Rastor posted:

this is the nth time we have destroyed a union and we have become exceedingly efficient at it

I like how much he looks like Andrew Carnegie

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

*Gives an impassioned defense of the need to not leave behind minority groups in our move to the left*

*Camera pans to reveal "Diaperfurs of the New Confederacy" banner*

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.
I literally have no clue who that furry or Sally Albright is talking about.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I mean you can go over to the Trump thread or D&D to see some bad dems that think we need do this

https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/798553102961942528

But for real, in order to win those dastardly flyover country morons

(but they are most definitely not the ones talking about class)

tower time has issued a correction as of 16:49 on Feb 16, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

I love this reframing of The Original Sin as bigotry. Is there an organization or patron I can tithe to that will cure me?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I was gonna call her Susan Surand-OWNS but when you sound it out it sounds like she has downs

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Terror Sweat posted:

I was gonna call her Susan Surand-OWNS but when you sound it out it sounds like she has downs

I think you're just pronouncing "owns" wrong.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
to be a fair a fight between Daou, Tanden, and Sarandon is a real 'whoever wins we lose' situation/

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

zegermans posted:

So they rejected 20,000 extra a year because they might have to pay 800 a year to the union.

We're talking about workers here.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

to be a fair a fight between Daou, Tanden, and Sarandon is a real 'whoever wins we lose' situation/

they could all kill each other

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

zegermans posted:

So they rejected 20,000 extra a year because they might have to pay 800 a year to the union.

South Carolina has a way of making you believe simply having job is blessing. The idea of "getting caught up in a strike you don't support" is more likely what drove them away, with the 800 a year being seen as "paying someone to put your livelihood at risk."

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I love this reframing of The Original Sin as bigotry. Is there an organization or patron I can tithe to that will cure me?

shut up powercrazy

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and once again the idpol/ecpol argument is framed as if hillary clinton would have done anything other than purely symbolic gestures towards equality like having more minority CEOs while holding private positions that advocated policies that actually exacerbate the problem.

i mean, i personally recognize that you can't progress on one without the other. but my private position is that i will pistol whip the next sumbitch that, on hearing of an economic policy, their immediate response is to ask "but would that solve racism?"

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Why did obama pick Rahm to be his COS?

And why did Rahm meet with Rinse Pubis? It's disturbing how much democrats are willing to work with the enemy

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they could all kill each other

trump would be worth it if that happens imo

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

and once again the idpol/ecpol argument is framed as if hillary clinton would have done anything other than purely symbolic gestures towards equality like having more minority CEOs while holding private positions that advocated policies that actually exacerbate the problem.

i mean, i personally recognize that you can't progress on one without the other. but my private position is that i will pistol whip the next sumbitch that, on hearing of an economic policy, their immediate response is to ask "but would that solve racism?"

gene hackman fan saw a black guy in an advertisement once and decided that minority rights are a corporate conspiracy

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Why did obama pick Rahm to be his COS?

And why did Rahm meet with Rinse Pubis? It's disturbing how much democrats are willing to work with the enemy

Scuttlebutt was that Rahm was a package deal in exchange for the Clinton faction lining up behind Obama. They got their man in the White House and Hillary got SoS. Then Rahm pissed everyone off. Also Rahm is the epitome of Third Way Democrat, so him meeting with Republicans is not that surprising.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fiction posted:

shut up powercrazy

Not everyone is as racist as you :)

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Not everyone is as racist economically anxious as you :)

ftfy

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

when will perez be crowned king of the democratic party?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

those are two distinctly separate things though.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venuz Patrol posted:

gene hackman fan saw a black guy in an advertisement once and decided that minority rights are a corporate conspiracy

lol :sad:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

next week I think

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
ellison not being elected will cheese off a lot of state parties even if it isn't publicly expressed

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, w.e.b. dubois argued that racial discrimination was A Thing in both activity and practice that actively kept black people at an unfair disadvantage. booker t washington argued that the right to earn a dollar was more important than the ability to spend a dollar at the opera house.

i'd say they're both right, i lean a little more towards dubois because washington's atlanta compromise more or less said "we'll do our thing, even while submitting to white political power." given that white political power submitted laws that actively hosed with people's economics (and continue to gently caress them over), washington's economic emphasis falls at the first hurdle.

i'm arguing that you cannot exclusively fight one and ignore the other, and thats what hillary clinton and establishment dems campaign on.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 18:51 on Feb 16, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I agree with washingtons position as you've stated it. Especially since modern law has already codified equal access to the opera house, but current political parties say "gently caress you" if you can't afford it.

Except replace opera house with basic rights like healthcare, and housing.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

On or around Saturday February 25

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Draynar posted:

Guys, he's already tried to remove that law, we have a super majority of GOP in the house legislature, he can't veto or do anything. Basically we only removed one guy and left all the others pushing that law in power. We continue to shame them but until 2017/18 re-elections D's in this state cannot actually do anything but bitch.

Let's not blame D's for R's obstruction that's how we end up with idiots voting in more Republicans when its their fault to begin with. (Plus guy has like 3-4 lawsuits fighting to even keep his limited power since they've been trying to remove most of it) He's slowly winning them at least!

Do governors have anything like executive orders, but within the state?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
baddems.jpg

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
GET READY FOR 2020 BITCHES

C-SPAM FOR CUOMO!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/832309789153718272

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

C-SPAM FOR CUOMO!!!!!!!

lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

C-SPAM FOR CUOMO!!!!!!!

i'm sure the working poor of new york will greatly appreciate those gondolas they will never be able to use

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm sure the working poor of new york will greatly appreciate those gondolas they will never be able to use

for a modest fee, they can come look at them

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Democrats: High Speed Gondolas

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GalacticAcid posted:

C-SPAM FOR CUOMO!!!!!!!