Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

We did the right thing in modern America and threw out the trash foreigners stealing American jobs and gave them to good hardworking Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

:wow:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Cool guy Rodney Wallace is going to NYC

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Yeah they're great. I'm trying to take it back.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

LOL if you post at Stumptown Footy

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Nah, that was just a nod at the insane name calling that made me laugh a couple days ago in a comments section. It was an article about Montero going to Vancouver.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
Just chiming in to say I'm back from the friendly tonight and Vancouver looked like dogshit. Yikes, guys. Okay well that's all, I'll be back in like 6 months or whatever.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
So sporting director Ali Curtis is out at redbulls. Apparently there was a power struggle between him and Marsch and Marsch was going to leave if Curtis stayed. I don't know the details or really care that much but I really like Marsch as a coach and Curtis came off as a dick a lot so hopefully this turns into a positive. We beat Poo York lovely FC 2-0 which is nice but I'd really like it if we made some sort of signing. Give me a Serie A wasteman please.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Visual Sneeze posted:

Just chiming in to say I'm back from the friendly tonight and Vancouver looked like dogshit. Yikes, guys. Okay well that's all, I'll be back in like 6 months or whatever.

Vancouver just looked toothless. They looked like mid last year Timbers. Bad passing, no runs off the ball, frustration. Montero should help with the attack, but they didn't look like a team that is ready for CCL in a week or whenever it is. Timbers looked great but even Porter acknowledged that it seemed too easy. Hopefully the 25th against the Galaxy is played like a regular season game by both teams so we get a better idea of what to expect.

I'm really enjoying a more selfish Nagbe. I hope he takes more shots and dials it in.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/Ben_Jata/status/832082800153133056

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Poor defensive teams are cowering in fear, while competent counter attacking teams are licking their chops.

Timbers will score over 80 (25 for Adi, ~20 for Valeri, 15 for Blanco, 5 from Nagbe and 15 from everyone else) goals this season but probably only clinch our spot in the playoffs on 'decision day'.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Welcome to GBS posted:

Poor defensive teams are cowering in fear, while competent counter attacking teams are licking their chops.

Timbers will score over 80 (25 for Adi, ~20 for Valeri, 15 for Blanco, 5 from Nagbe and 15 from everyone else) goals this season but probably only clinch our spot in the playoffs on 'decision day'.

Yeah, I feel like we are going to get "the most dangerous score line" explained to us a lot this year.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
I feel like the Timbers are going to go undefeated and probably go on to become the greatest team in the history of the league by far. Well, that's what I've gathered from the preseason anyway.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Toronto finally losing their offseason championship?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Dallan Invictus posted:

It was a good run, but really, chasing the all time leaders, the Washington Redskins, is like going after Cal Ripkin Jr's consecutive games record.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Dallan Invictus posted:

Goddamn it's been a boring winter

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Goddamn it's been a boring winter

we still need a new coach

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Azerban posted:

Bradley's done a fine job imo

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Azerban posted:

Considering your track record, hold on to this guy as long as you can. He's the best one you've had by a country mile.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Considering your track record, hold on to this guy as long as you can. He's the best one you've had by a country mile.

no we just finally have some good players

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Manning and Bez are the real MVPs

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Crew win 2-1 against Atlanta. Crew looked decent. Meram and Higuain are planning especially well.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Sounders draw 1-1 vs. Charleston. Noted journeyman and ageless player (and '13 DC United scoring leader) Owen Goal got on the score sheet for Seattle, Charleston scored at the death on a scramble following a corner. Dempsey went 60' without suffering a heart attack.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

whypick1 posted:

Sounders draw 1-1 vs. Charleston. Noted journeyman and ageless player (and '13 DC United scoring leader) Owen Goal got on the score sheet for Seattle, Charleston scored at the death on a scramble following a corner. Dempsey went 60' without suffering a heart attack.

I will never not laugh at Owen Goal.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

This Dax/Juninho thing is actually looking pretty good for Chicago so far. Another year of experience for De Leeuw and Accam + bringing in Nikolic, and the Fire attack is starting to look solid (for the first time in years).

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Hello Towel posted:

This Dax/Juninho thing is actually looking pretty good for Chicago so far. Another year of experience for De Leeuw and Accam + bringing in Nikolic, and the Fire attack is starting to look solid (for the first time in years).

It's amazing what two above average center mids will do to a poo poo team.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
Has anyone started the new fantasy league? Should I start it?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

The Light Eternal posted:

Has anyone started the new fantasy league? Should I start it?

I burned out because of life things, so yeah, go ahead. I'll play, just can't really pay attention at all.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

xposting from the serie a thread because I think it's funny.

quote:

The conversation at halftime turned to the region’s famous gastronomic tradition, or as Piazza called it, “the other reason I bought the team.” He breathlessly cataloged the area’s cured meats: “The prosciutto, the bresaola, the coppa, the mortadella — that’s all here.”

Noting that he had met with groups aiming for expansion franchises in Major League Soccer before buying Reggiana, he said: “I’d rather be poor in Italy than based in St. Louis. You can’t get a good meal there!”

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Patrick Mullins got paid. Jumped from $90K to $250-300K base rate, multi year contract. Good for him.

We also sold an international roster spot to Montreal for GAM and a can of magic beans.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Patrick Mullins got paid. Jumped from $90K to $250-300K base rate, multi year contract. Good for him.

We also sold an international roster spot to Montreal for GAM and a can of magic beans.

That's dope, I always thought he was wasting away on the NYCFC bench. Good to see him make an impact at DC and get paid out.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

silvergoose posted:

xposting from the serie a thread because I think it's funny.

One day I'll be in a position in my life where I can be smug enough to refuse to go to a city because I think the food sucks.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Is anyone else watching NYRB vs. VAN?

:laffo: Klejstan

https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/status/834586389324894209

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

whypick1 posted:

There's a CCL thread. I missed that penalty though cause Facebook Live is hot garbage. Nice job, Klejstan!!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ah, not sure how I missed it. Thanks.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

whypick1 posted:

:laffo: Klejstan

https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/status/834586389324894209
Does it count as a save if the player purposely hits it directly at you?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
https://twitter.com/southernpigskin/status/834564650083741699
:stare: :stare: :stare:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Still a better drummer than Meg White

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I burned out because of life things, so yeah, go ahead. I'll play, just can't really pay attention at all.

OK, new fantasy league is up:

12267-2483

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

The Light Eternal posted:

OK, new fantasy league is up:

12267-2483

Defending champ ( :smuggo: ) checking in as Bernie Would've Won. Should we start a separate thread again this year? It didn't get much action last season, but I also don't want to poo poo up this thread unnecessarily.

And boy do I sure hope they have this warning every round all season long!

• Locked thread