Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

why would anyone want to own those awful funko pop things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I have both pictures for sad children books, including the kickstarter one that caused all the drama.

It has an actual dead wasp inside of it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mak0rz posted:

Someone knew what pop culture you're into and ran out of time to get a present

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 16, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mak0rz posted:

indeed, how dare anyone have a different idea of what is cute to yours :eyeroll:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/NendoVsFunko/status/832296659925233665

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

My wife and I own about a dozen Pop! figures, some of them are quite cute and cool. Her favorite is this fellow

You seem proud of this fact and I have no idea why

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

There are only two endings depending on if you choose to side with Dagda or not. Joining Lucifer or the Angels is an extended game over instead.

I meant like if you choose to destroy the egg, fight Dagda, and then choose not to after you kill Krishna and turn your back on Danu for example. The reverse could also be possible

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

haveblue posted:

Someone what pop culture you're into and ran out of time to get a present

please just don't get me anything (or better yet, get me beer) instead of gifting one of those tacky things tia

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

please just don't get me anything (or better yet, get me beer) instead of gifting one of those tacky things tia

What will cubicle people look at to feel better when they want to die without pop culture figurines? Their kids photo? Unlikely

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I swear to god, if World War 3 breaks out and delays the US release of Persona 5 AGAIN I am going to be mighty steamed.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mak0rz posted:

I normally listen to podcasts at work but because I'm grading papers and find the chit-chat distracting I'm listening to video game music on YouTube. I dunno if I said this before or not but the Killer Instinct 2013 soundtrack is a work of art and you all should listen to it.

It's composed by Mick Gordon, same guy who did the new Wolfenstein and Doom games.

He's also going to be doing the music for Arkane's next game, Prey, which is gonna own

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

raditts posted:

You seem proud of this fact and I have no idea why

I was just saying we've found about a dozen of them in sale bins that she likes and was not prepared for the blowback for committing the apparently great sin of liking something stupid in the Games chat thread :confused:

I mean I'm not "proud" my wife likes anime but I also think it's probably OK in the grand scheme of life

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

MinibarMatchman posted:

He's also going to be doing the music for Arkane's next game, Prey, which is gonna own

Man he's doing all the old FPS sequels/reboots! (which is good)

E: Except the ROTT remake, which was by Andrew Hulshult. He kicks rear end too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jkDR9ca9f0

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 16, 2017

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Counterpoint: Doom had 1 good song and the rest is crappy djent but as music to listen to in the game it's rather good.

Mick Gordon seems like a cool guy though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should just used the music from OG Doom

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

In Training posted:

They should just used the music from OG Doom

Hulshult's arrangements are really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJMDkpOqHI

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2trYUpmh1eSosLpXYgjZlrHvOrbeU6aE

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

precision posted:

I was just saying we've found about a dozen of them in sale bins that she likes and was not prepared for the blowback for committing the apparently great sin of liking something stupid in the Games chat thread :confused:

I mean I'm not "proud" my wife likes anime but I also think it's probably OK in the grand scheme of life

It is OK, people just like to be a little argumentative because they want to have fun. Some people think that there is an objective measurement of how good or "cool" something is or isn't, but nobody's perfect. I have a Winnie the Pooh and a Tigger Funkopop figurine in front of me at work, and my wife has a Batman in her office. I also have a minifig of myself that a friend made me (the same friend who made my avatar).

Check out my crew:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
imo Doom's soundtrack would've been much better if it were just actual metal/hard rock and not the strange grungy industrial dubstep hybrid they went with.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

What was the worst webcomic y'all read regularly?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

plz dont pull out posted:

Homestuck started off great and then progressively got worse and worse over the course of 7 years, but I still stuck with it to the bitter and unsatisfying end. I was in high school when that drat comic started and now I'm almost done with college, holy cow.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They have dead eyes, like a shark

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I dropped xkcd after checking it for a chuckle for years. I've left a lot of webcomics on the side of the road and now I only read Whomp on the reg. I read the webcomics thread in the forums though, so I guess Goblins. Or Oren Otter. I don't have a lot of control over what goes on in that place.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

I was gonna say xkcd but I took a look and I still had Dresden Codak in my RSS feed? Anyway thanks for reminding me to clear out the bad crap from my RSS feed.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Megatokyo and/or Penny Arcade back when they were basically the only two webcomics in existence.

The best currently running comics: KSBD, Oglaf, Gunnerkrigg Court (tho I'm kinda not feeling that last one as much lately).

E: Whomp is good, I only remember to check it occasionally though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

:twisted:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I said Gunnerkrigg was good earlier but to be honest I am not really feeling it either because it's becoming pretty obvious that Tom doesn't have the guts to kill off any of the main characters even though the story keeps getting darker and darker. There's no tension anymore. :/

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

I think we've taken loss.jpg too far

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

I said Gunnerkrigg was good earlier but to be honest I am not really feeling it either because it's becoming pretty obvious that Tom doesn't have the guts to kill off any of the main characters even though the story keeps getting darker and darker. There's no tension anymore. :/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm more amazed that Gunnerkrig Court is still going, I think I quit reading it like 10 years ago or something??

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
the best webcomic is jerkcity

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I am unafraid to admit in the presence of FactsAreUseless that I would've been 100% ok with Smitty biting it if it meant the comic would have some kind of tension again. As is, whenever the characters are in danger it's like "ok so how many pages will it be before the situation resolves itself in like 5 panels".

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The best webcomic is actually a tie between both of ONE's series

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

I am unafraid to admit in the presence of FactsAreUseless that I would've been 100% ok with Smitty biting it if it meant the comic would have some kind of tension again. As is, whenever the characters are in danger it's like "ok so how many pages will it be before the situation resolves itself in like 5 panels".

The threat of death is not the only kind of conflict necessary in a story. GC isn't that kind of story.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Regy Rusty posted:

The threat of death is not the only kind of conflict necessary in a story. GC isn't that kind of story.

I'd agree with you if this weren't the third arc nearly in a row that has concluded with "is x character gonna die?! Are they going to actually die for real?!! No, in fact they will be fine. Thank you for reading."

At least this one ended with some lasting consequences I guess.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

the only ones I ever read more than like once, I read the first like 200 Questionable Contents, however many existed in 2007, that's how many i read, and about twice a year i'll look at it again because it's honestly amazing that it continues to get worse. like, you would think there would be a bottom of the barrel, but it just keeps going.

the only other ones i remember reading a bunch were Elftor and Boatface. i seem to recall them both being kinda funny.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

I was gonna say xkcd but I took a look and I still had Dresden Codak in my RSS feed? Anyway thanks for reminding me to clear out the bad crap from my RSS feed.

xkcd was a regular one for me. VGCatz was the first webcomic I ever read and probably the worst.

Actually before I got into webcomics I was really into video game flash cartoons. Some of those were some hot garbage.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I liked Kid Radd...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Questionable Content. I don't even know why I was reading it except that I had it as part of my regular internet checklist and was too lazy to remove it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the conflict in gunnerkrieg court is Man vs Man Trying Not To Fall Asleep Reading GC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

Questionable Content. I don't even know why I was reading it except that I had it as part of my regular internet checklist and was too lazy to remove it.

I got started on it because of a girl I was dating at the time. And then the next one I dated also read it, except she was hate-reading it by then like I was. My current wife does not know it exists and I'm super happy about that.

• Locked thread