Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I talk about easy D craziness with a friend of mine, and they're convinced he'll resign. Anyway I really need to get around to making a nice official bet with him that it'll be impeachment instead, even the party loyalists can't stand behind this much longer can they?

trump is mentally incapable of admitting fault so he will either hold out for impeachment or pence will invoke that one amendment clause that lets him and the cabinet coup the president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Moola posted:

what they ask?

Trump made a dumb comment about the BBC being as bad as CNN or something and the BBC guy super dryly went "good line" and kept truckin and mega tilted the don

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Moola posted:

what they ask?

IIRC, the BBC reporter asked if trump was concerned that his constant cries of "fake news" are damaging in anyway to the intent of the 1st amendment. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Revins fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 16, 2017

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Arrhythmia posted:

Make sure to delineate what happens if he resigns during the impeachment proceedings

I am 100% certain he wouldn't leave until they dragged him out in cuffs so I would let my buddy win if that happened

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

FuhrerHat posted:

we're attacking mosul in 4 months

that was a good lol because if you listened closely what he was trying to do was use that as a hypothetical for a thing he wouldn't do i.e. telegraph his intentions for military action.

But then he got stuck on it and just kept repeating that, loudly, and before he could re-emphasize the whole "this is an example of what we wouldn't do" part he remembered about north korea and iran and decided to say "yeah I'm really really not telling you what's about to go down with them two NOT THAT ANYTHING EVEN IS but if it were I definitely ain't telling"

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

"we're attacking mosul! I should blow up that russian ship! I'm not going to tell you what we plan to do with north korea and iran"

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
just putting it out there again that i badly need to get out of this country. just in case any canada goons know about open journo jobs.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

oh, and lol.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Minimalist Program posted:

Whenever you feel like a nostalgic lol, look at any press conference with Obama and see how good you had it. The dude was intelligent, charismatic, emphatic and amazing and now there's Trump.

That's what makes it even better, you were doing so loving well with that guy, so loving well, and now you've got a dementia riddled gameshow host who can't stop talking about the numbers behind his election. It's brilliant, for the rest of time, the land of the free and home of the brave will never shake this blight on it's history.

Political lols have changed

I pray the BBC send more reporters in to deliver sober, cutting questions to the senile carnival barker that leads America

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Same

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Arrhythmia posted:

Make sure to delineate what happens if he resigns during the impeachment proceedings

Shake hands and hug one another

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Professor SJW posted:

just putting it out there again that i badly need to get out of this country. just in case any canada goons know about open journo jobs.

You're in luck the party in power loves the CBC

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Professor SJW posted:

I get your apprehension about the direction this country is heading but if you're a journalist then isn't this administration the career equivalent of striking oil in your back yard?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Professor SJW posted:

Just stick around with me, the lols are coming hot and fast friend and we can die in the flames that consume this great country while we laugh and laugh!

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Who needs healthcare anymore when laughter is the best medicine?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

proof of concept posted:

I get your apprehension about the direction this country is heading but if you're a journalist then isn't this administration the career equivalent of striking oil in your back yard?

Yeah, a comedian's job is way harder now

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I talk about easy D craziness with a friend of mine, and they're convinced he'll resign. Anyway I really need to get around to making a nice official bet with him that it'll be impeachment instead, even the party loyalists can't stand behind this much longer can they?

It's going to come down to congressional republicans realizing that if they impeach him in 2017 then the people going to the polls aren't going to give a gently caress about it in 2018. If they remember that, then Trump is impeached within six months and then they spend the next year going, "Donald who? You mean that bozo we got rid of?" If they don't, then at least one of Trump's internal organs is likely to given out in the next year in a fashion that resembles that scene from Scanners.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Jaaawbs

Lots of jaaawwbs

Many more jawbs

Many other countries take advantage of us, many many many

This is incredible

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I want to click on the #MAGA tag on twitter but I don't know if my body is ready to process such a high volume of lols right now, after having dealt with so many from the press conference.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I'm reading the transcript now, good lol these are the rantings of a madman completely detached from reality

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/16/donald-trumps-grievance-filled-press-conference-annotated/

transcript

quote:

We've begun preparing to repeal and replace Obamacare. Obamacare is a disaster, folks. It is's disaster. I know you can say, oh, Obamacare. I mean, they fill up our alleys with people that you wonder how they get there, but they are not the Republican people our that representatives are representing.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Is it wrong or crazy that I'm feeling the beginning of pity or empathy or sadness for President Donald Trump? I'm feeling he's in way over his head and he's just lashing out like a teenager dealing with puberty or something like that.
I think he's not well and were it not for the damage he's doing to the USA I think... I pity him.

He's like Midas in a way. He has everything, but it seems maybe he actually has nothing.

um lol

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Unfinish3d posted:

IIRC, the BBC reporter asked if trump was concerned that his constant cries of "fake news" are damaging in anyway to the intent of the 1st amendment. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

that was the CNN reporter asking about 1st amendment and freedom of the press. BBC boss asked "On the travel ban, would you say that was a good example of government running smoothly?" and Trump said...

lol

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Lol. What? Hahaha

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue
Sure the fake news talks about the illegal leaks which were true, but that news was fake, but do they ever talk about how we're setting up to invade South Korea? NooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo

Which would be bad, we know South Korea, great people, really great people best wontons in the city, really keep my daughters nails in top shape but you'd never know that because CNN is fake news.

Now fox and friends, thats a great show, just really great, top notch. Did you know they cant even show CNN in Switzerland because of treaty uh, it violates the treaty with other countries? I bet you dont hear that on fake news because the ratings, I mean come on, my ratings are great, just, really the good ratings are some of my best qualities.

But we're going to fix all that, with the Swiss and Korea, I've got some of the best people on it, I mean really great, really great people are going to be on it and we're going to get them out of the inner cities you know the Swiss in Chicago, the Swiss dont even go out during the day anymore? Its true! Just terribly have to sit at home and watch fox and friends, which isnt bad those are great people, really just the best show I cant even start my day without that show.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dr. Faustus posted:

Is it wrong or crazy that I'm feeling the beginning of pity or empathy or sadness for President Donald Trump? I'm feeling he's in way over his head and he's just lashing out like a teenager dealing with puberty or something like that.
I think he's not well and were it not for the damage he's doing to the USA I think... I pity him.

He's like Midas in a way. He has everything, but it seems maybe he actually has nothing.

um lol

Id pity him more if his moronic lashing didnt impact literally millions of people. Instead I laugh because tragedy is hilarious

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

that was the CNN reporter asking about 1st amendment and freedom of the press. BBC boss asked "On the travel ban, would you say that was a good example of government running smoothly?" and Trump said...

lol

Oh, right. Yeah the response to the travel ban question fried my brain a little, thanks for the correction

Also, holy poo poo the tweets suggesting it was the media who looked bad at the conference. There truly are people who genuinely share in trump's delusional worldview

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i lol

first as a tragedy, then as a farce

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Unfinish3d posted:

Oh, right. Yeah the response to the travel ban question fried my brain a little, thanks for the correction

Also, holy poo poo the tweets suggesting it was the media who looked bad at the conference. There truly are people who genuinely share in trump's delusional worldview

Trmpeteers believe all criticism of the Benevolent Leader is undignified and petty. Lol they are idiots.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
What the gently caress is Trump talking about when he keeps saying the fake news is ruining his ability to "make a deal" with Russia? What deal? Also it's a solid disconcerted lol that he started talking about a nuclear holocaust while being asked about aggressive Russian actions, it almost sounds like he's saying the fake news will literally lead to the end of the world

Coral Reefer
Feb 19, 2005

I touched a clown and now I am going to jail. I hope they let me keep my beard.
Grimey Drawer
hahahaha just caught up on 300 posts in this thread.

what a loving roller coaster of lols

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Man when's the last time a US president used the phrase "nuclear holocaust" anyway? What year is this, where am I, is this how easy D feels all the time?

Coral Reefer
Feb 19, 2005

I touched a clown and now I am going to jail. I hope they let me keep my beard.
Grimey Drawer
Trump enters a dimly lit room in the White House.

He pauses and thinks to himself intently. He can't remember if he has been in this room before. There were always so many rooms.

He closes the door gently behind him with his soft and small hands. A small ray of sunlight beams through the window. Dust can be seen moving through the air.

In front of him lay a box. Something clearly not from this world. He is unable to resist and opens it slowly.

Out pops a creature who says that he can fulfill any duty or task.

Trump states, "I want to make America...Great Again."

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

proof of concept posted:

I mean probably, until Trump has us all sent to journalist concentration camps or whatever.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Captain Yossarian posted:

Just stick around with me, the lols are coming hot and fast friend and we can die in the flames that consume this great country while we laugh and laugh!

Well that doesn't sound so bad I guess.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Captain Yossarian posted:

You got some candy bar cheap drugs mate?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Jose posted:

You got some candy bar cheap drugs mate?

I don't but I could probably get some!! Easy D said they're cheap now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Man when's the last time a US president used the phrase "nuclear holocaust" anyway? What year is this, where am I, is this how easy D feels all the time?

Not sure but Lincoln mentioned it quite often in his gettysburg address, according to the Onion.