Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Spatula City posted:

Also, Netflix is trying to produce content for, it seems like, every conceivable niche. Some of those niches encompass people with very lousy taste in television. And some of those shows that are agreed to be "bad" are judged so by people who are in no way the show's target audience, like how people savaged Fuller House.

I think their just greenlighting whole shows thing is inadvisable compared to Amazon's cool "pilot season" approach, though.

I didn't watch Fuller House because it sounds like hot trash but on MBMBAM they talked about it some and I will admit that I appreciate the sheer Dumbness of DJ Tanner being resentful that her younger sister became a successful DJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Just let me know when they make a new season of Perfect Strangers.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

Aaaaand that song is in my head for the rest of the day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

You have to come up with a catchy but recognizable new name first.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

You have to come up with a catchy but recognizable new name first.

Balki & Bros: Balki and Larry go and search for even weirder distant relatives.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Balki is a syrian refugee who turns out to be related to Trump and has to live with him for some convoluted reason. Starring Alec Baldwin and Sacha Baron Cohen.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The last season of Review will start on March 16.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Looten Plunder posted:

What are these bad Netlix shows? Whilst not everything is amazing, I'd recommend pretty much everything I've watched.

The OA. Marco Polo is good but plenty of people think it's mediocre. Fuller House, maybe.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

X-O posted:

I really enjoyed the first season of Bloodline when I finally watched it. Still haven't gotten to season two.

poo poo, same. I keep forgetting season 2 even exists. Really great acting going on in that show though.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Season 2 of Bloodline is very good stuff, and I went into it thinking it would be terrible for obvious reasons.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Yeah everybody was convinced it would never recover from Krennic's exit, but boy did it ever.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Spatula City posted:

Also, Netflix is trying to produce content for, it seems like, every conceivable niche. Some of those niches encompass people with very lousy taste in television. And some of those shows that are agreed to be "bad" are judged so by people who are in no way the show's target audience, like how people savaged Fuller House.

I have no idea what the target audience is for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb2qaaFpNN8

and apparently, neither do most netflix subscribers, since it had a 1-star rating and things on netflix have to be unmitigated poo poo to get rated that low.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

raditts posted:

and apparently, neither do most netflix subscribers, since it had a 1-star rating and things on netflix have to be unmitigated poo poo to get rated that low.

Actually, that rating is based on what Netflix thinks you'll think of it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

YES

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bloodline has 4 hours of plot stretched out to 20 hours. Enjoy looking at B-roll of Florida sand and ocean because it happens a lot.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I liked Bloodline, but I'm still unsure if the "scenes of the future" style was the right choice for it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's all the creative team does. It's the same boring stretched out BS in their previous show Damages.

Oh poo poo he got on the bus I guess he's leaving.

*2 episodes later*

Oh he didn't get on the bus. Oh snap!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The final season of Bates Motel starts up in 4 days. I'm catching up on it now, I finished season 3 and am a few eps into 4. The show has always been great but holy gently caress, it's been ramping up fantastically and I'm pretty confident things are gonna get super nuts in the best ways. Freddy Highmore and Vera Farmiga are phenomenal.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

raditts posted:

I have no idea what the target audience is for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb2qaaFpNN8

woww, thats is exactly NOT up my alley but I absolutely love the animation, I've always wanted to see this style of art done fully 3-d

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We got Hulu. There's too much goddamned television to watch.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The first episode of the My Brother, My Brother and Me TV show is up on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/UK7y7POw0yA

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

The first episode of the My Brother, My Brother and Me TV show is up on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/UK7y7POw0yA

Oh thanks, this is great. Didn't know it was coming so soon.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is so loving hysterical if you skipped my original post go back and click on that poo poo right now

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

This is so loving hysterical if you skipped my original post go back and click on that poo poo right now

I skip all your posts.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you dad

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

"I saw a video of a rancho molt its skin and my eyes went to hell"

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Legion continues to be awesome.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rhyno posted:

We got Hulu. There's too much goddamned television to watch.

This. My two weeks free with Hulu are almost done and I didn't watch half the poo poo on it I planned to when I signed up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Two weeks is barely enough time to get through Cheers alone.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Escobarbarian posted:

It's cute, but they're too sincere and well-meaning to be as hysterical with the format as something like Nathan for You or Review.

Maybe they'll grow into it more, but Monster Factory and Car Boys were amazing from episode one.

e. "Tarantulas: The Dogs of Spiders" and "Everybody leave the parade now, but make sure you all go in different directions because otherwise then it's just a continuation of the parade and we don't want that" were both gold, though.

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 17, 2017

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

DivisionPost posted:

Actually, that rating is based on what Netflix thinks you'll think of it.

This comes up often enough that now when people get the Netflix rating wrong I just assume they're trying to get a rise out of us. Isn't Netflix notoriously tight-lipped about their viewer data? How would putting popularity ratings next to every video jive with that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

This. My two weeks free with Hulu are almost done and I didn't watch half the poo poo on it I planned to when I signed up.

I'm going to watch every GODDAMNED episode of Smallville because I actually do hate myself that much.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

They just put Golden Girls on Hulu, so I've been distracted by that instead of shows I meant to see.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh my god, the opening of this week's Man Seeking Woman.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is the old Connections TV series available online legally anywhere?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Couch chat sucks today, thanks team.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rocksicles, this is FAR more genuinely wondering than any kind of criticism, so please don't feel too offended, but how many of your posts are made while drunk/high?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
High... 100%
It's my base level.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I miss those days

edit:

muscles like this! posted:

Oh my god, the opening of this week's Man Seeking Woman.

This.

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

This is just the first 5 episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5X3gLwvrRI

• Locked thread