Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

They should sell themes standalone in PSN. There's a lot of themes I like but I don't want to preorder digitally esp I have it from amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Fuzz posted:

How do I get this and is the music amazing?

The music is nice, yes. I like hearing Emi Evans when I start the console.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Weavered posted:

The Spotify integration really is amazing. I think it should get a lot more love, there's people I know that don't even know you can put it on the PS4.

do you need spotify premium or plus or whatever? i'm not really in the mood in paying for yet another streaming service

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

PenguinKnight posted:

do you need spotify premium or plus or whatever? i'm not really in the mood in paying for yet another streaming service

you don't need premium to use spotify but you do need premium to make the ps4 app worth a drat. controlling it via your phone or w/e else is something you can't do with the free membership and the actual ps4 app itself is incredibly bad without that function

you don't need ps+ but you should have that anyway

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

you don't need premium to use spotify but you do need premium to make the ps4 app worth a drat. controlling it via your phone or w/e else is something you can't do with the free membership and the actual ps4 app itself is incredibly bad without that function

Cool. I do have ps+, I got it for Little Big Planet 3 (which is adorable as hell :3:) for free

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Manatee Cannon posted:

I control it through the side menu since I don't want to pay for a subscription. Granted, I just shuffle various 90's and indie music lists.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

gently caress me, that is beautiful. Bought!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't want to pay for multiplayer since I don't have any games with it :colbert:

I do miss cloud saves for PSV though.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Fuzz posted:

gently caress me, that is beautiful. Bought!

Good job buying GOTY 2017,buddy. Yoko Taro sheds a tear under his mask, that's how far we've come.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

PSN is doing open multiplayer Feb. 22-26 without Plus.

Also saw some blog say there will be another spend $100 get $15 running 21-28 but don't know if that's reliable.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

the Wildlands open beta is the 23rd through 27th. Hmmmmmmm

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Cyron posted:

BARONS CYBER SKULL i will hope you get killed when the people take back this country from limp dick democrats and Nazi republicans. you call us sub human, i call you out. i am in a fach batching mood.

Nice racism, I'm very not American.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Except that they are and it has a huge player base already.

It's day 2.

I'm going to wait a bit before picking this up. A lot of opinions I respect like the game and I didn't get a chance to play the beta very much on account of marathoning Yakuza 0 last weekend, so I'm still very on the fence. It reeks of Evolve launch though, also UBISOFT.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Also saw some blog say there will be another spend $100 get $15 running 21-28 but don't know if that's reliable.

The spend 100was mentioned on the official playstation blog.

Spend away next week.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Good job buying GOTY 2017,buddy. Yoko Taro sheds a tear under his mask, that's how far we've come.

I loved the poo poo out of Nier and actually got Ending D on my PS3. Easily one of the most underrated games of the last generation, if not all time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I rate it 10/10

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nier is great at everything except being a game so it's fair that reviewers didn't give it super high scores

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i was hype as hell about nioh until they changed how mp worked. i've been finally playing through bb with a buddy and nioh looked like a good game to follow it up with.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

isn't it way easier to coop in nioh than it is in bloodborne? hell, if you don't know how the mp works going in, bb is actually pretty hard to do coop in since it doesn't explain that poo poo at all. or even point you in the right direction to find out

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

True. But Quitting at the stupid Shaman fish also didn't help, I mean there was a circle on the map.

that was one guy and he didn't give it a score. instead, he did a pissy little write up about it where he complained a lot

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

nier is great at everything except being a game so it's fair that reviewers didn't give it super high scores

True. But Quitting at the stupid Shaman fish also didn't help, I mean there was a circle on the map.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Manatee Cannon posted:

isn't it way easier to coop in nioh than it is in bloodborne? hell, if you don't know how the mp works going in, bb is actually pretty hard to do coop in since it doesn't explain that poo poo at all. or even point you in the right direction to find out

everything i've read says they changed it so one person has to have beaten the level already, so you can't do a full coop playthrough straight through. someone has to go and beat every area solo beforehand so they can summon or be summoned by the second player.

in bb you just set a pass and summon your friend at the start of every level then run the opposite person's afterward.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Manatee Cannon posted:

that was one guy and he didn't give it a score. instead, he did a pissy little write up about it where he complained a lot

It got a ton of attention, which is just as bad as a low score.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Is getting a PS4 worth it just for Nioh and Bloodborne? I usually play PC and these some of these console exclusives are making it tempting.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Is getting a PS4 worth it just for Nioh and Bloodborne? I usually play PC and these some of these console exclusives are making it tempting.

You could alway buy a used one and sell it if you get bored.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Yeah. Nier looks good. Horizon looked good but I'm waiting for reviews now.

There lots of exclusives.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Yes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah. Nier looks good. Horizon looked good but I'm waiting for reviews now.

There lots of exclusives.

neir is only a timed exclusive
pc date unknown

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Yes, plus The Last of Us, though you could get PS Now and play that on PC, I think.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Thanks for the responses, I might pick one up used or on sale, or at least wait until the Horizon Zero Dawn reviews come out because that looks sick as hell.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Yes, they are both very good. If you like anime RPG's, there are also some exclusives for that as well. Also Naughty Dog's stuff. But even if you do not like any of that, Bloodborne and Nioh are good enough to justify a purchase, especially if you can get a good deal on a slim or used console.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Well w/e Titanfall getting too stale

Target has the For Honor gold edition for $70 instead of $100 for the next couple days. Just gonna not redeem poo poo, play it for a couple weeks, then flip it

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 17, 2017

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Have been replaying Black Flag lately. Still owns.

Unity was boring and Syndicate was ok. It's nice to see Ubisoft taking a break from the series for a year (while making a horrible AC movie, I guess) but it'll be interesting to see what they come back with to keep it going. There's not much more history for them to mine at this point.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

el oso posted:

Unity was boring and Syndicate was ok. It's nice to see Ubisoft taking a break from the series for a year (while making a horrible AC movie, I guess) but it'll be interesting to see what they come back with to keep it going. There's not much more history for them to mine at this point.

If you have a PS3, AC:Rogue is worth a play and really improves on AC: Black Flag. You can even just buy whatever pelts you need :allears:.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

el oso posted:

It's going to be in ancient Egypt!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

el oso posted:

Was playing the multi recently, still a handful of people playing, still fun. Nothing else really like it

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

The Nier Automata Theme is so nice.

Where do i get this?

Edit: Never mind. It was already answered.

Goddamn it. I already pre ordered the physical version. :shepspends:

Sefal fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Feb 17, 2017

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

el oso posted:

Finally we can have the asian AC game we've been waiting for all these yrs.

AC:S is the only game I've completed and I'd be fine if they removed Jacob (Male PC) completely in future series. I tried BF and Unity but I couldn't get over how much I disliked the PCs.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sefal posted:

Where do i get this?

Edit: Never mind. It was already answered.

Goddamn it. I already pre ordered the physical version. :shepspends:

Cancel it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Resogun just pushed an update on my PS4.

Looks like it's 4k and HDR. 667 mbs

http://gearnuke.com/resogun-ps4-pro-update-1-10-4k-hdr/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Cancel it.

Cancel it, get the T Shirt Edition. I just bought the game again cause Yoko Taro suckered me in with a shirt