Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
He made the mistake of being a video game nerd and video games aren't sports.

If he would have been good at sports he could have beat a woman senseless, drunk driven until he passes out at a traffic light, raped another woman, covered up the rape, and yelled ,"gently caress 'em in the pussy" on television and still be well paid indirectly by abc/Disney.

BTW those are specifically Greg Hardy, Michael Floyd, multiple Baylor athletes, Baylor coaching staff, James Winston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
so do we hate pewd or no

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Mnoba posted:

so do we hate pewd or no

dumb goons love him now

otherwise yes

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Mnoba posted:

so do we hate pewd or no

Right now, the die is spinning and we'll see how it lands after he buys me a jet ski.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
i think it's safe to say you should hate pewds just to be sure

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Mnoba posted:

so do we hate pewd or no

honestly, I like watching him suffer, so props to WSJ and Daily Stormer for playing out their funny plan.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Oscar Wild posted:

If he would have been good at sports he could have beat a woman senseless, drunk driven until he passes out at a traffic light, raped another woman, covered up the rape, and yelled ,"gently caress 'em in the pussy" on television and still be well paid indirectly by abc/Disney.

BTW those are specifically Greg Hardy, Michael Floyd, multiple Baylor athletes, Baylor coaching staff, James Winston.

dog fighting is a very popular activity for most youtubers, we know them as "Epic Rap Battles"

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Putty posted:

dog fighting is a very popular activity for most youtubers, we know them as "Epic Rap Battles"

I forgot that one. Media is hypocritical, and just uses the talent to feed the machine.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Junior Jr. posted:

honestly, I like watching him suffer, so props to WSJ and Daily Stormer for playing out their funny plan.

i'll suffer like he does with his pre Disney three million dollar a year paycheck

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwk1DogcPmU&t=355s he says the wsj article never calls it jokes, but posts

it says joke in the subtitle of the article and then again 9 times in the body of the piece

man hes a piece of poo poo

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Mnoba posted:

so do we hate pewd or no

not as much as Hitler. I can't stand that guy.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i've been hoping for the death of pewdiepie for a long time as the prophecy once foretold, just wish it was for actual fair reasons like his popularity dwindling purely from bad content rather than slander bullshit

Relin posted:

he says the wsj article never calls it jokes, but posts

it says joke in the subtitle of the article and then again 9 times in the body of the piece

man hes a piece of poo poo

tbf I would probably not read the article properly either if it was behind a newspaper paywall

what the christ

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

if a person makes a bad joke the answer is not to call them a nazi, but to call them not funny

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
pewdiepie's true destiny is to die by my sword so i can absorb all his subscribers and start the new Goon Reich

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Putty posted:

pewdiepie's true destiny is to die by my sword so i can absorb all his subscribers and start the new Goon Reich

die by the sword was a cool game

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
He makes enough money to hire writers, does he have writers?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Ork of Fiction posted:

He makes enough money to hire writers, does he have writers?

do you even need to ask

I found out that that guy who makes Tope Ten Lists about poop Planet Dolan has a team of writers to write top ten lists about poop

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
all 3 of the wsj writers that did the article have their twitter set to invite only heh

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Mnoba posted:

all 3 of the wsj writers that did the article have their twitter set to invite only heh

what kind of anime avatar do you have

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

temple posted:

Just like how people misunderstood the other 8 nazi jokes on his channel.

Here are his eight nazi jokes

Two Keemstars jokes. One being a guy in Jesus outfit saying a dumb meme. The other being the two guys holding a sign saying death to the Jews while he laughs at both for selling themselves for 5 bucks.

Two videos where he engaged in hyperbole about Youtube's changing polices and dressed put nazi while reading their terms of serve. Occasionally he'd cut to a video of Hitler in both and do a nazi saulte to puncate his lame point. He's a pedanic nerd not a white nationalist

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Caesar Saladin posted:

if a person makes a bad joke the answer is not to call them a nazi, but to call them not funny

it's also funny to brand them as a nazi anyway and play along with it just to get him and his fans even more butthurt.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

NutritiousSnack posted:

Here are his eight nazi jokes

Two Keemstars jokes. One being a guy in Jesus outfit saying a dumb meme. The other being the two guys holding a sign saying death to the Jews while he laughs at both for selling themselves for 5 bucks.

Two videos where he engaged in hyperbole about Youtube's changing polices and dressed put nazi while reading their terms of serve. Occasionally he'd cut to a video of Hitler in both and do a nazi saulte to puncate his lame point. He's a pedanic nerd not a white nationalist

Doing nazi jokes aids real life nazis

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
My takeaway from all this is that the internet will just keep Godwinning itself even harder until the next Nero / Napoleon / Hitler slips into power completely unnoticed. :godwin:

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Oscar Wild posted:

lmao baylowned

lma-ylor

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Junior Jr. posted:

it's also funny to brand them as a nazi anyway and play along with it just to get him and his fans even more butthurt.

yeah but this got donalt trump elected so uh?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Junior Jr. posted:

as much as i wanna be all nihilistic and edgy about this i don't really think its a good thing for anybody, people being called nazis by proper real papers that have a reputation, when its not the right time to do that

Philadelphia
Sep 29, 2014

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

My takeaway from all this is that the internet will just keep Godwinning itself even harder until the next Nero / Napoleon / Hitler slips into power completely unnoticed. :godwin:

On that day I will say "If only all the goons arguing about pewdiepie were arguing about this guy instead. We may have avoided this."

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

temple posted:

I'm absolutely sure The Producers and the work of Mel Brooks in general was to make them powerful and not purposefully make them into a punchline no one can take seriously. It's amazing the Alt Right trolled liberals into taking their brand of outdated semi faux white nationalism by their guy winning and tweeting reporters how their wives are loving other men twice a day despite them being 5k of them total across the globe

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Junior Jr. posted:

People are correctly being assulated for being nazis at this time, so lol no

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

nigga crab pollock posted:

yeah but this got donalt trump elected so uh?

Pewds isn't a eligible for pres, we should be alright. So long as Sweden doesn't have an electoral college they'll be safe too. And tbh setting up a "Disney accidentally hires nazi youtuber" joke is really the funniest thing that pewds ever has and ever will do, and it's sort of a bummer that this thread can't capitalize on a set up that good. Since when does everyone take everything here so seriously geez

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

temple posted:

Signing the exact middle of your post is the kind of trend setting gimmick we're looking for in these GBS forusm!

UR HIRED!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
der pëwdhur is actually located in the UK last I checked, so he's hosed in that regard

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Really don't understand why anyone would defend someone who continually echoed anti-Semitic statements as "jokes" over the course of, what, 5 months? What the gently caress

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

You can dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxvAUXToSqM

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Really don't understand why anyone would defend someone who continually echoed anti-Semitic statements as "jokes" over the course of, what, 5 months? What the gently caress

Those anti semitic statements being "Youtube is filled with nazi like moderators" and "people will say anti semitic comments (cue cliche safe irony twitter jokes like Hitler Did Nothing Wrong) for peanuts". Like he's made bad rape jokes before, but even then he apologized and people dropped it.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

NutritiousSnack posted:

Those anti semitic statements being "Youtube is filled with nazi like moderators" and "people will say anti semitic comments (cue cliche safe irony twitter jokes like Hitler Did Nothing Wrong) for peanuts". Like he's made bad rape jokes before, but even then he apologized and people dropped it.

Oh cool he's made rape jokes before? Now I'm down to defend him! Classy guy.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

gently caress SNEEP posted:

The guy shits out a torrent of stuff constantly. The half a dozen or so instances are found in dozens of not hundreds of hours of other equally inane bullshit. There isn't some sort of agenda or unifying theme at work other than his constant stream of mildly annoying humor.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

its me. i will be the sjw hitler :twisted:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I always thought pewdiepie sucked but now it turns out hes maybe cool and good??? is this just a trick to get me to like a scandinavian trash person???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I think pewds is not funny but ALSO not a nazi.

• Locked thread