Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Megasabin posted:

I rolled a +5 Poion onto a weapon, but it doesn't seem to do anything? Normally when I have + element on a weapon, I can see different damage number pop up in the elemental color everytime I score a hit. With the + poison, I don't see this happening. Does poison work differently?

Poison lasts WAY longer then other elements. Not quite ad much damage per tic.

Adding the poison from ninja tree to a weapon works way better at applying it then a +12 weapon I tried. I dont think its very good on a weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Just finished NG. Did I see correctly? Did our Nekomata buddy come back to life? :unsmith:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Oriental Hugs posted:

Where do you get that?

The Battle of Ohashi Bridge mission on NG+. Even on NG I think you can get it to drop a purple version.

Belzac posted:

Can you replace the damage from behind with something good?

Rolled it a bunch, saw sense enemies, +189 life at end of living weapon, treasure sense... A million gold later and I ended up back on damage from behind after not seeing anything else really interesting.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't like Spider Castle, not one bit.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Having to give up my Change to Attack (Heart) A+ sword for a divine sword turned out not to be so bad, because the first one they gave me had Change to Attack (Spirit) A+ and that's my second-highest stat, so :v:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
I am getting sick and tired of this Saika Magoichi boss if I close the game and go watch netflix do I come back to the shrine or do I have to do the whole mission again?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Winkie01 posted:

I am getting sick and tired of this Saika Magoichi boss if I close the game and go watch netflix do I come back to the shrine or do I have to do the whole mission again?

Yeah but you should probably return to the title to ensure that it saves

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Goddamn, Hanzo owns even up to the very tail end of the game. It's a shame you never actually pal around with him for any extended length and he's relegated basically to cutscenes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Winkie01 posted:

But also if you (want a tip) hit him at all while he's in the air, he falls down and you can go impale him. Hit him with a shuriken or kunai anytime he takes off. You can hit him as soon as the fight starts.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Winkie01 posted:

I had the game crash as I was running back to pick up my amrita after a death, and when I reloaded it put me at the last shrine I visited with my amrita still on the ground where I dropped it. You should be good to quit whenever.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm actually kind of surprised so many people are having trouble with Saika Magoichi. I really didn't find him very hard at all. His bullets are blockable and as long as you dodge every time he teleports he's never going to land his grab attack on you.

The boss of the mission after that did terrible things to me, though. loving Sakon.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mr E posted:

I don't like Spider Castle, not one bit.

Don't forget to fall down the hole or you will be like me spending an hour running around tryna find piece 3

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

verbal enema posted:

Don't forget to fall down the hole or you will be like me spending an hour running around tryna find piece 3

I looked at that hole and went "not today game" then I had to check a guide and was like "son of a bitch..."

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I fuckin' love the epilogue. William spends two years sailing back to England, kills John Dee, and then turns right back around and sails back to Japan. Anyway bring on Nioh 2, let's do this.

Also NG+ but hey, I like to think ahead

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
What about the DLC?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Harrow posted:

I fuckin' love the epilogue. William spends two years sailing back to England, kills John Dee, and then turns right back around and sails back to Japan. Anyway bring on Nioh 2, let's do this.

Also NG+ but hey, I like to think ahead

Belzac posted:

What about the DLC?

I haven't even finished region 4 and I'm excited about all these things.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Does one of the stats effect how quickly you proc status effects on enemies? Cause just started noticing that one light combo applies the status of my weapons built in effects, and since my first and secondary weapons have different ones I'm just running around throwing discord on everything with zero effort.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Belzac posted:

What about the DLC?

Oh poo poo, that's right, hell yeah

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
If a knife to the crotch can bring down a vampire lady, a knife to the dick can bring down a birdman

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I need to decide on an armor set for my kusarigama dude. The Iga Jonin bonuses seem underwhelming

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I can't beat the giant angry flan. I feel like my hits aren't doing anything and even with a buddy it's a grindfest. Am I missing something here? Fire talismans/Jutsu are being used and I've lit the three braziers to make it easier but it still just feels like I need to get lucky and not get hit while spending 10 minutes doing chip damage?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Fhqwhgads posted:

I can't beat the giant angry flan. I feel like my hits aren't doing anything and even with a buddy it's a grindfest. Am I missing something here? Fire talismans/Jutsu are being used and I've lit the three braziers to make it easier but it still just feels like I need to get lucky and not get hit while spending 10 minutes doing chip damage?

Use fire.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Biggest point of damage in that fight is when it fires off its giant loving laser at the first half of the fight. If it ain't using it or you're just missing it, you will be chipping it down.

So pretty much fire if you're chipping it down

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It also has weak-point orbs at the ends of its arms. When it raises its arms, use the right stick to switch targets and if you dodge into the attack, you will be in a perfect position to wail on it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
STOVE MASK DOES 868 DAMAGE PER TICK TICKS 4 TIMES

Oops caps

Also living weapon with the flame buff active decimates him

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 17, 2017

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

What does the parry stat do? Improve the parrying window or damage?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Increases defense against Ki loss when guarding

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Axes are underrated by people. Just lighting my axe on fire with the supplied bonfire Umi-Bozu went down in less than a minute. I was hitting him for chunks of his health. He jumped into the middle of the area without ever even switching sides.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Axe supremacy. :black101:

Seriously now, the axe is really funny despite some drawbacks and I feel more need to give it a whirl. I'm only at the second region but I have done everything with an axe. The counter is goofy. And the poison mine boss is probably the lowest point in the game for me so far.

Learnin Derby
Jan 26, 2005
Does the lock option in inventory keep things from being disassembled at the blacksmith when I do it en masse, or do I need to move what I want to keep to the storehouse? I'd hate to attempt and be wrong and loose some decent stuff.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Learnin Derby posted:

Does the lock option in inventory keep things from being disassembled at the blacksmith when I do it en masse, or do I need to move what I want to keep to the storehouse? I'd hate to attempt and be wrong and loose some decent stuff.

Yes, if the item is locked it will not be checked when you do the mass select

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Belzac posted:

What about the DLC?

Do we know much about what it will entail? If it's From style where everything is new (new enemies, locations, bosses, weapons), I'm in. If it's gonna be the same enemies and weapons in a different map... it'll have to be a drat good map.

I also wonder if they'll eventually throw some higher level twilight missions into rotation. I didn't touch them until after NG+ was done because I don't care for co-op with strangers and I thought they'd give another level of solo challenge. Turns out they're just mid-game NG+ level missions... so not that hard at this point.

I think I'm pretty much out of stuff to do in the game, unless I want to trophy hunt (I don't).

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Bugblatter posted:

Do we know much about what it will entail? If it's From style where everything is new (new enemies, locations, bosses, weapons), I'm in. If it's gonna be the same enemies and weapons in a different map... it'll have to be a drat good map.

I also wonder if they'll eventually throw some higher level twilight missions into rotation. I didn't touch them until after NG+ was done because I don't care for co-op with strangers and I thought they'd give another level of solo challenge. Turns out they're just mid-game NG+ level missions... so not that hard at this point.

I think I'm pretty much out of stuff to do in the game, unless I want to trophy hunt (I don't).

It will probably be an additional 2.5 acts with no new weapon types but new sets and weapons in the current types.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Out of simple curiosity, what other weapons were contemporary to the period? I know maybe tetsubo, naginata, nodachi, maybe nunchaku?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

3 of those 4 items would already be melded into current styles.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Kama, Kanabo and Bo. Jitte would be cool.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Slime boss is so boring

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Use fire.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Upgrade your weapon then. It shouldn't take you longer than 2 minutes to kill it your first time.