Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

That one was funny but got beaten into the ground with reposts. No slam against her though, that's just people on the internet doing what they do.

What a poo poo head.

I just went and looked at some of the recent ones and liked this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Remember the VGCats comic where the joke was one of the cats went back in time and did an abortion on the other cat's mom with a coat hanger because he said the "i raped ur mom" gamer thing, and then the next comic poked fun at people who got offended by it by drawing more aborted fetuses, a thing a sane person definitely does

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

CJacobs posted:

Remember the VGCats comic where the joke was one of the cats went back in time and did an abortion on the other cat's mom with a coat hanger because he said the "i raped ur mom" gamer thing, and then the next comic poked fun at people who got offended by it by drawing more aborted fetuses, a thing a sane person definitely does

Sounds like PA's Dickwolves thing. Glad I stopped reading it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
btw

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 17, 2017

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't get it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The joke is they cried because iwata is dead, so the blue team won because tears are blue I guess. this was posted like a week after he died also

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://groupees.com/bma4 weclome to the grumble monthy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hmmm a massive gaming icon died and lots of people are sad about it? How can I capitalize on this comic making opportunity......

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

blue means sad

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah cracked me up.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I mean, the kids thought PewDiePie was funny, so I assume they laughed at that as well

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

I just went and looked at some of the recent ones and liked this

okay that's pretty good

AriadneThread posted:

his new comic atomic robo is much better

this isn't bad either!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I will always like the webcomic "1/0" even if people say it is not good and, in fact, bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The wonderswan seems like a cool rear end console

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do any of you know if there is a thread for discussion of OCD stuff, I tried searching but I couldn't find anything. Mostly I'm just trying to see if there's a name for something I have to deal with and I can't seem to get google to spit out any good information for me.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

I will always like the webcomic "1/0" even if people say it is not good and, in fact, bad

:yeah:

Now that was a silly, charming comic that had some neat thought put into it. It wasn't the magnum opus I thought it was when I read it in my teens, but it still holds up as a good webcomic....and it's even better because it has an actual ending.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

same but sonic unleashed

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I remembered the webcomic False Negative, which is a great anthology of horror and sci-if stories. Each one is only a few pages and they lead into each other smoothly so you can really lose yourself for a few hours.

In Training posted:

The wonderswan seems like a cool rear end console

Yeah. I think the Neo Geo Pocket has better games but the WS has better graphics no argument. I honestly don't know much about the WS line up, but that's kind of indicative of its quality too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has anyone played Langrisser: Re:Incarnation

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

CJacobs posted:

The joke is they cried because iwata is dead, so the blue team won because tears are blue I guess. this was posted like a week after he died also

That is 8 panels to make the weakest joke one could even make about Iwata dying. Man I feel bad about even bringing up VGCats because it's clear what I remember of it is through rose-tinted glasses. It's terrible.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Do any of you know if there is a thread for discussion of OCD stuff, I tried searching but I couldn't find anything. Mostly I'm just trying to see if there's a name for something I have to deal with and I can't seem to get google to spit out any good information for me.

I dont know about that question. But you can ask here, or dm me or on steam(same username) and i can try and help. I live with two psychologists so we could try and point you the right way. Thoughts go out to you either way. Ocd is rough stuff to deal with.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey you know what's the worst

Replacing the wax seal on a toilet. That's the worst.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

wait until you have to replace the wax sea lion :whitewater:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My internet provider was just down in my area for more than 12 hours, which had made me realize that we now store everything on the internet, because anything we wanted to watch was basically our favorite stuff from about the turn of the millennium or before.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In Training posted:

Has anyone played Langrisser: Re:Incarnation

I'd hope not

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

precision posted:

okay that's pretty good

this isn't bad either!

Atomic Robo started out as an actual print comic that then migrated back onto the internet after I think eight volumes? I don't believe there was any drama, it was simply that the contract with their publisher had lapsed or they decided to let it lapse and it was around the time that things like Patreon were taking off so they moved to a web-publishing model but I think they still might publish hardcopies too, idk, but it's a pretty good comic.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i sometimes read cat and girl even though it's not really funny AT ALL. but sometimes it does tap into something that i really get. idk

it's a pretty unfunny comic though

e: for some reason the cartoonist started drawing girl with really long sticks coming out of her hair a few years ago and it looks really weird

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 17, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

:yeah:

Now that was a silly, charming comic that had some neat thought put into it. It wasn't the magnum opus I thought it was when I read it in my teens, but it still holds up as a good webcomic....and it's even better because it has an actual ending.

Yeah I think maybe the worst part of it is probably the stuff with the worm from what I remember, but even then, I thought it ended in a very satisfying way and managed to have a cast that managed to have enough personality to keep things interesting.

Nasgate posted:

I dont know about that question. But you can ask here, or dm me or on steam(same username) and i can try and help. I live with two psychologists so we could try and point you the right way. Thoughts go out to you either way. Ocd is rough stuff to deal with.

Ok so I know I've definitely got something going on, but I'm gonna try to explain it as best as I can.

It doesn't come up all the time, but when it does, it goes full steam. There are three kinds of things that will happen, in varying combinations.

1. I'll have to do something x amount of times. Over the years I've managed to dial this back just out of sheer force of will alone that it mostly seems to happen when I'm drinking somehow nowadays, with me having to count out how long I'm taking to drink something, or count how many gulps I'm taking of something, with me having to count to specific numbers. It has to be 3, 5, or 10. 3 gulps, or 5 gulps, or 10 gulps, or 10 sets of 3 gulps each, or 10 sets of 10 gulps each, with an extra 10 at the end to "finish" the previous 10s off. I don't know how to describe it other than that.
2. Edges. When I touch an edge of something, I feel like I have to retrace it, except I'm not good at retracing it exactly, so I have to retrace those retraces and this keeps going until my brain finally decides "ok you've done it enough," except that this can take several minutes and the way it works out, it can lead to me doing something like "I touched the edge of my finger with another finger, and while trying to retrace that, I touched another part of my hand to something else, and now I need to retrace that at the same time, and I need to retrace all of these in the correct order or it is bad and wrong and I can't deal with it."
3. I find myself having to backtrack. For example, I'll move the mouse cursor around and move it past a button that I don't click, and then feel like I have to move the cursor in the exact same way back through whatever button I didn't click so that I can then move the mouse around the button and then continue on. This gets especially annoying and frustrating in combination with the above retracing where I have to retrace things in the reverse order that I did them in.

It doesn't come up all the time, but it's really causing me poo poo right now, and I've spoken with my therapist and psychiatrist about this stuff and they agree that it's likely some form of OCD but I don't know if there is a specific name for these kinds of tendencies, if these kinds of examples are common to people with OCD or not.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Quest For Glory II posted:

i sometimes read cat and girl even though it's not really funny AT ALL. but sometimes it does tap into something that i really get. idk

e: for some reason the cartoonist started drawing girl with really long sticks coming out of her hair a few years ago and it looks really weird

I don't get it

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I have an I Am Setsuna question. I'm stuck, I think I glitched this loving game.

I'm close to the end, my save file says "Lost Comrades." There are no spoilers in the following, but I'll tag it just in case: I've gone through Magma Valley and found Akash both times, all of his conversations triggered just fine. When I go back to Royburg, the guards are supposed to tell me that the village is getting attacked and a boss sequence is supposed to happen, right? But NONE of that is happening. All of them just talk about how much they love Juliene. I can't get anything to trigger. I've followed every guide I can find. What the hell is going on?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Where's the joke?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stardew valley is epic.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Apparently we have the same brain problems because I too enjoyed this

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

lol

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Are you laughing at the price or the fact that it's rated 4/5 stars?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Motto posted:

I'd hope not

I'm trying to find any reaction that I would actually trust because the very few reviews I can find are provided by people who liked FE Awakening so I haven't been able to figure it out.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

a bunch of what sound like textbook OCD behaviors (especially #s 2 and 3)

OCD is OCD. Some people are more compulsive, others (like me) are more obsessive; some can manage, others are out of control. It's all the same thing just manifesting in different ways.

Are you under stress lately? My symptoms can suddenly get way out of hand when I'm stressed, to the point where it affects my ability to function at work and home.

There is a thread for this kinda thing: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3336292

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 17, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kai Tave posted:

Are you laughing at the price or the fact that it's rated 4/5 stars?

Yes

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

After 4+ years of playing GTAV on and off I'm finally nearing the end and it's bad. The city design is incredible and the best in open world games, and the writing for the characters (the ~~satire~~ is a mixed bag) and their relationships is great and generally above most AAA drivel, but that's about it. The mission design is garbage: dozens of 1-2 minute "missions" which are glorified cutscenes were you do absolutely nothing except drive to a location - so much of the game is listening to people talk during car rides.. Plenty of missions like the one I mentioned before, except with the added twist where you'll do a one-time automated activity like taking pictures. Fetch quest side missions where you have to find objects around the game world. A couple of missions actually have combat which, even for a game originally released in 2013, is dull cover shooting that wouldn't feel out of place in a 2007-2008 shooter released post-Gears 1 - no originality or decent AI whatsoever. You can't even spend your spare time in the open world shooting things since you die easily and the damage feedback for both player and enemies is awful. This is ignoring all the pointless fluff like the stock market web browsing and those half-finished minigames like tennis.

I've spent ages approaching the game from a million different angles because of all the rave reviews, but all in all outside the world design itself the actual act of playing it sucks. RIP i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I kept waiting for the ~real~ plot to start in GTA 5. San Andreas had a whole assortment of badass missions and I felt like nothing in 5 got close to it.

• Locked thread