Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

That was too outlandish even for a Sunny script

I dunno it was like Frank defending Wolf Cola.

it was insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
so today at the film conference someone read her paper on why there's so much homosexuality in this poe adaptation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEkdat4UZ8g

i feel like all she really needed to say was "its a decoteau movie" but sure whatever it's definitely for some deeper reason

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

MacheteZombie posted:

1:00 PM EST
On a Thursday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L9kJtAM4D0

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

Isn't obscure stuff made kinda hard by the way torrenting works? Other people have to be trying to get it too, etc.

This is probably towing the line of what's acceptable to talk about, but it's not a real movie so I'll risk it.

A few years ago, I was looking for an episode of something, and I saw a torrent for something weird and completely unrelated to my search. It was called "Lard of the Rings." I had no idea what to expect.

It ended up being a weird comedy recut of Fellowship of the Ring. It was as if someone made a YTMND feature length film. Some parts were legitimately funny, like in the original movie, they bravely fight the balrog on that bridge. In the recut, it shows the balrog appear and then cuts to Gandalf yelling "run!" There was a lot of added in, and often crude effects added in, like a brake sound effect whenever Gandalf slowed down his horses.

I lost the file and it seems to have disappeared from the internet, so maybe I hallucinated the whole thing.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I succesfully bought a toilet today. Only took three attempts.

Now all I need to do is tear out the old one and have the new one put in so I can actually flush. Then I need to tear out basically everything else in the room, tile the whole thing top to bottom and put in a new shower, a new sink and some new cabinets.

also the Seventh Seal is not quite as po-faced and hoity toity as it image suggests. It's even pretty funny in part.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Detective No. 27 posted:

This is probably towing the line of what's acceptable to talk about, but it's not a real movie so I'll risk it.

A few years ago, I was looking for an episode of something, and I saw a torrent for something weird and completely unrelated to my search. It was called "Lard of the Rings." I had no idea what to expect.

It ended up being a weird comedy recut of Fellowship of the Ring. It was as if someone made a YTMND feature length film. Some parts were legitimately funny, like in the original movie, they bravely fight the balrog on that bridge. In the recut, it shows the balrog appear and then cuts to Gandalf yelling "run!" There was a lot of added in, and often crude effects added in, like a brake sound effect whenever Gandalf slowed down his horses.

I lost the file and it seems to have disappeared from the internet, so maybe I hallucinated the whole thing.

https://letterboxd.com/film/the-lard-of-the-rings-unpolished-ring-edition/ I found at least one piece of evidence that you didn't hallucinate it!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

FreudianSlippers posted:

also the Seventh Seal is not quite as po-faced and hoity toity as it image suggests. It's even pretty funny in part.

Ingmar Bergman is way, way more earthy than people think he is.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Seventh Seal is dope as hell and it's way more accessible then anyone who hasn't seen it assumes it is.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I like that Death basically has to cheat to win at chess, but only succeeds at cheating because the Knight is so smug about having outsmarted him and just has to brag about it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

You also have that nearly slapsticky scene where a dude tries to escape death by climbing a tree so Death pulls out a saw and cuts it down while the dude in the tree tries to talk his way out of dying.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
YTotD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDNYXnvgbTY

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I wonder if the Russian version of this show is already in its 15th season

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Russia probably has an entire channel dedicated to car crash videos. With different series for different types of accidents and panel shows where pundits discuss car crashes. It's probably called Blyat TV

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
BLYAT BLYAT

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

See car? BLYAT!

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

See car? BLYAT!

cyka is pronounced soo-ka.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Budgie Jumping posted:

cyka is pronounced soo-ka.

Is blyat pronounced like an onomatopoeia for an explosion?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

https://letterboxd.com/film/the-lard-of-the-rings-unpolished-ring-edition/ I found at least one piece of evidence that you didn't hallucinate it!

That is it. I'll have to do a review when I get home.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Cross post from the ol horror thread: suggest things on shudder for me to watch, also insult my posture if you want.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Man down
Where you from
Comrade
gently caress who you know
Where you from
Tovarisch
Where your grandma stay
Huh tovarisch
This mad city I run
Tovarisch

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Glamorama26 posted:

Cross post from the ol horror thread: suggest things on shudder for me to watch, also insult my posture if you want.

Flesh and the Fiends and Let Sleeping Corpses Lie have been my favorite movies first watched on Shudder.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie is faaaaaantastic. I blind bought it forever ago and was beyond surprised how good it was

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
When I was a teen we tried to burn Fellowship onto a CD-R and it got compressed and corrupted so that when Frodo says "you're late!" To Gandalf, Gandalf gives a ponderous look and says "A wizard...is late." And there was tons of visual noise. Gandalf says to Bilbo that Frodo is foing to be something one day and Bilbo replies "Of course he is. BAGGINS!" And then bursts into the fires of Mount Doom

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Glamorama26 posted:

Don't hunch your shoulders so much, do you want to be stuck shaped like the rock biter for the rest of your life?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Anonymous Robot posted:

When I was a teen we tried to burn Fellowship onto a CD-R and it got compressed and corrupted so that when Frodo says "you're late!" To Gandalf, Gandalf gives a ponderous look and says "A wizard...is late." And there was tons of visual noise. Gandalf says to Bilbo that Frodo is foing to be something one day and Bilbo replies "Of course he is. BAGGINS!" And then bursts into the fires of Mount Doom

That sounds astronomically better than the actual movie and I wanna see it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Egbert Souse posted:

Make sure you're drinking real Gatorade since Powerade and most generics have HFCS instead of sucrose/sugar.

This doesn't matter because the key to acute rehydration isn't sugar, but sodium. Hyponatremia is the real problem because sodium is key to keeping your brain and heart firing on all cylinders (alongside potassium, which also regulates the heart).

There's a reason the first thing you're given when being treated for dehydration is a liter of normal saline via IV.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I would literally pay money for Lard of the Rings, it sounds v juvenile and 100% up my alley

Edit: it has a letterboxd entry

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Timby posted:

This doesn't matter because the key to acute rehydration isn't sugar, but sodium. Hyponatremia is the real problem because sodium is key to keeping your brain and heart firing on all cylinders (alongside potassium, which also regulates the heart).

There's a reason the first thing you're given when being treated for dehydration is a liter of normal saline via IV.

This is why Mr Zabladowski drinks pickle juice to attain Popeye powers before fighting the bearded roller skating Siamese twins in 5000 Fingers of Dr T.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I Before E posted:

Man down
Where you from
Comrade
gently caress who you know
Where you from
Tovarisch
Where your grandma stay
Huh tovarisch
This mad city I run
Tovarisch

Make that bitch go BLYAT now he on his back.

-lil Jay

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I forgot to say it last night after watching the movie, but god drat 8 Diagram Pole Fighter kicks rear end. That final battle is probably my new favorite kung-fu setpiece, it just keeps getting more ridiculous and wild. Really awesome fight scenes, and I love how loving arrogant and stubborn #5 is.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

I would literally pay money for Lard of the Rings, it sounds v juvenile and 100% up my alley

Edit: it has a letterboxd entry
It's super juvenile. Seeing the poster on the Letterboxd site fired up a memory I had forgotten. All of Viggo Mortisen's lines are dubbed over with Ash Williams lines.

I'll scour the internet for it this weekend. If I find it, I'll get mod approval to make a thread or something.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
I finally watched the VVitch. Holy poo poo! It spooked me real good. Would probably pair perfectly with Neon Demon. Or The Wailing, depending on how much exactly you want to mess your whole day up.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I was contemplating a Christian triple header with The VVitch, Silence, and Hail, Caesar!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Coffee And Pie posted:

Same.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

ruddiger posted:

Make that bitch go BLYAT now he on his back.

-lil Jay

Jayushka

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I was just shooting a weigh in for a boxing match tomorrow and saw a guy who had what could only be described as a frosted tips Mohawk mullet, except that only the edges were frosted tips and everything inside was clipped down like some sort of guy fieri crown of thorns

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

guy fieri crown of thorns

:discourse:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
You know what, Mike Boudet remains a charmless idiot but his podcast is still drat good.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

You know what, Mike Boudet remains a charmless idiot but his podcast is still drat good.

i love how big of a dweeb he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
comics chat i dug up like 3/4s of a piece i wrote about Dark Knight Returns almost two years ago now and i surprisingly don't hate it so gently caress it im gonna post it here https://trashbabies.wordpress.com/

• Locked thread