Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

TheSpamalope posted:

Donald Trump is the president and a lot of people think that it's normal somehow lol

It is both cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
dude yeah it owns it made me care about politics again by making me laugh a lot

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
trump is definitely hosed this time!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
looks like they finally got trump.

edit: he got away.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Haverchuck posted:

Haha

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Haverchuck posted:

lol

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

we all know how this ends

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
So what's the cock-suck squad using to excuse Trump having a stroke on TV and calling it a press conference

Just curious how getting directly called on being a liar and admitting you didn't fact check your statement is getting spun as winning

Redpill(*matrix music*) me guys

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

Permanent revolution comrade :ussr:

Let me ask this to the doubters: if communes are doomed to fail because human nature then why did we intervene on so many of them in S. America?

If communes are naturally authoritarian, what's was our removal of Salvador Allende, a democratically elected president, in favor of installing Pinochet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvador_Allende#Presidency

The Monroe Doctrine? Not saying that I agree with it but it does entirely explain our meddling.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
I'm looking forward to trump's first budget proposal. Been a while since dems actually pulled out a filibuster, you know? And before someone says nuclear option let's recall that several gop senators are beginning investigations, and trump has already utterly lost one confirmation fight, 3 weeks in, and had to fire a senior official for ties to Russia.

Trump is not leading squat and most certainly is not commanding the loyalty of the gop. That votes are going to break on party lines is not a sure thing at all. There is zero political advantage to cooperating with trump.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

"Heh! Gottem!" - two morons

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i think communism like any dictatorial form of government can work p well if the factions within the government are united by a strong leader who either squashes enough opposition to make anyone who wants to shoot for the top think twice or balances the interests of the factions so that they are more or less content

perhaps someone has even done a graph-theoretic analysis of how faction power dynamics operate in some dictatorship from the past? that would be interesting to read

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
huh cnn seems like they got some hurt feelings today for some reason

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Jukebox Hero posted:

So what's the cock-suck squad using to excuse Trump having a stroke on TV and calling it a press conference

Just curious how getting directly called on being a liar and admitting you didn't fact check your statement is getting spun as winning

Redpill(*matrix music*) me guys

Drudge was calling it the greatest press conference in history, and an epic win against the lying media

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Here's the communist argument -

"That guy has more than he needs. I need more. You need more. Lets team up, take it from him, and then divide it"

Honestly, though, I think this is an argument used by capitalists as well! What a world we live in, am I right?

LOVE,
VITALIS

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
"Take other people's poo poo unfairly" is a bad stance for any government which is why no loving liberals seriously think that. Just because republicans don't have anything between 0 and 100% doesn't mean everyone is an extremist like you

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

nomadologique posted:

bro you don't wanna live beachside that property is gonna be underwater in a couple decades.

Liberals will someday run out of tears and the waters will recede.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/832428865154859008

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Exceptional Transperson posted:

It is both cool and good.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Haverchuck posted:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

That's a pretty big scoop and Fox doesn't even mention it on their homepage.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

How is the call illegal when it was investigated and cleared?

oh pee
Jan 27, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Professor SJW posted:

nah the better timeline is the one where your dad squirted you on your mom's veiny tits instead of in her cooch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

actually he's got a point, op sucks

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Haverchuck posted:

Lol irl

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheSpamalope posted:

Donald Trump is the president and a lot of people think that it's normal somehow lol

excuse me sir/madam but most americans in fact think it is not normal which is why he lost the popular vote

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I can't believe he went on air saying that the white house was running as a well oiled machine or whatever he said. its obviously a clusterfuck.

I listen to AM radio after 7 pm here because 7pm is when real news stops broadcasting (if you got a serious problem determining, you are a moron. you are even dumber if you sell your extra income to the silver coin guy that straight up says in his ad, "I don't know how it works, but it does" to why you should be investing any extra money into his silver coins every month instead of banking them.)

Just lol. *spits outrageous hate speech* 5 commercials about how you can make money really easy if you just invest your extra income into a small business

Someone tell me they are this stupid. Come at me bro. I might even see it and reply.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Professor SJW posted:

nah the better timeline is the one where your dad squirted you on your mom's veiny tits instead of in her cooch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

oh pee
Jan 27, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

am I detecting dissent?

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Haverchuck posted:

A Beautiful Post.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fog Tripper posted:

Liberals will someday run out of tears and the waters will recede.

lol I probated you for being racist

you're obvs a great guy

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i think communism like any dictatorial form of government can work p well if the factions within the government are united by a strong leader who either squashes enough opposition to make anyone who wants to shoot for the top think twice or balances the interests of the factions so that they are more or less content

perhaps someone has even done a graph-theoretic analysis of how faction power dynamics operate in some dictatorship from the past? that would be interesting to read

"Working well" isn't just "not dissenting", strong leader can have all the unity and support and still gently caress up. Only today I read about Khruschev's "Ryazan experiment". He insisted on overtaking America in terms of food production despite his economic advisors saying that his projected rates of growth are not possible. This led to complete ruin of agriculture in previously top producer (Ryazan area) and ultimately actual food deficit in the entire USSR.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
imagine feeling compelled to defend the barely literate senile orange retard in the white house instead of being able to laugh at him floundering and bumbling around lol

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Fog Tripper posted:

Liberal tears

haha what a fresh joke you should drop it in every single post you make

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
"The idiot is destroying the country."
"LIBERAL TEARS LIBERAL TEARS gently caress YOU human being SUPPORT ARE TROOPS- *dies of complications from obesity*"

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

all hail the barely literate retarded cheeto king that gets "bored" ruling the country and has to switch to reality tv during the day to keep focused.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Trump threads are always bad.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Trump bad.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

XMNN posted:

imagine feeling compelled to defend the barely literate senile orange retard in the white house instead of being able to laugh at him floundering and bumbling around lol

Yeah I'm not envying the mental gymnastics that are clearly required. Like, how do you even know what to defend or whether it's good or bad until after the great man tweets about it? Seems stressful.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
It's now the official position of POTUS that CNN is VERY fake news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
weird the stocks of all these failing media companies seem to be at 1Y highs :confused:

gently caress america is great again...

• Locked thread