Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Uncle Wemus posted:

The official Democrat facebook page is completely overrun with russian trolls and traitors
if this was Timeline 42 they'd figure out that's who they're really up against but capitalism prefers fascism over people not loving dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

The official Democrat facebook page is completely overrun with right wing posters

how's that different than normal lol

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I assumed it would be more of a circle jerk

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

my joke was that democrats are right wing

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Wemus posted:

The official Democrat facebook page is completely overrun with right wing posters

You mean the DNC?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Matt Zerella posted:

Does right to work apply to police unions?

The GOP usually carves out a niche for "public safety employees" (i.e., cops and firefighters) when they attack public sector unions - as happened today in Iowa and in 2011 in Wisconsin. These laws allow municipalities to negotiate with public sector unions strictly on wages and not on benefits or firing policy etc, gutting the effectiveness of the unions.

Note that this is different from "right-to-work" laws which generally affect private sector unions by making "union shops" illegal - i.e., union dues must be voluntary. This makes it hard to avoid "freeloading" and hurts effectiveness. Thank God, Scalia died before Friedrichs could put the same constraints on public sector unions nationwide.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to the relief of logikv9, i'm going radio silent until saturday evening. depending on how things go then, i'll get to find out if things go well in april, and then i might finally leave the bottom 99% and finally join the top 98% as one of those fabled thousandaires in my father's stories.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Should add - a lot of cops are uneasy about the attack on public sector bargaining and the GOP assault on public pensions will be the likeliest cause of defection from R to D from cops

https://twitter.com/jciv/status/831261834065936384

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

Should add - a lot of cops are uneasy about the attack on public sector bargaining and the GOP assault on public pensions will be the likeliest cause of defection from R to D from cops

Pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

GalacticAcid posted:

cause of defection from R to D from cops

i know we live in a crazy universe but lol at that ever happening

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

GalacticAcid posted:

:lol:

yes you did you cuck pigs

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
That's a pretty great self own.

Not to celebrate the destruction of collective bargaining and I'm all for unions but police unions are loving awful.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i know we live in a crazy universe but lol at that ever happening

I should have been more specific - I think that issue will eat into Republicans' margins among cops. It won't turn them around as a voting bloc.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Matt Zerella posted:

That's a pretty great self own.

Not to celebrate the destruction of collective bargaining and I'm all for unions but police unions are loving awful.

i loving am

kill all unions

race to the bottom

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

GalacticAcid posted:

If they want to join us, they're going to have to loving earn.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
*Lose our union, or lose the ability to shoot minorities with impunity"

*Votes R with their own blood*

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Proud Christian Mom posted:

*Lose our union, or lose the ability to shoot minorities with impunity"

*Votes R with their own blood*

this is how economic anxiety works

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gringostar posted:

i loving am

kill all unions

race to the bottom

Kill everyone and let oblivion sort em out.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

got any sevens posted:

Kill everyone and let oblivion sort em out.

:yeah:

the dead can't vote neoliberal

or republican

there's no way this won't work

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

GalacticAcid posted:

Eat poo poo, pigs

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gringostar posted:

:yeah:

the dead can't vote neoliberal

or republican

there's no way this won't work

I can at least guarantee that no one will complain.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Also there was a good Jacobin essay on cop unions, The Bad Kind of Unionism, a couple years ago.

Worth the read.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

to the relief of logikv9, i'm going radio silent until saturday evening. depending on how things go then, i'll get to find out if things go well in april, and then i might finally leave the bottom 99% and finally join the top 98% as one of those fabled thousandaires in my father's stories.

i unironically like your posting tho

it's at least funny compared to the other posters yo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
yeaaaaah republicans are going to craft yooge exceptions for police unions like they've always had

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Perfect opportunity to seize public safety unions, if only democrats knew what a fish fry was... 🤔

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i dont like you but you seem to know your poo poo and you would definitely do a better job than the politicians we currently have around so good luck!!

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

GalacticAcid posted:

Of course not. They voted R so they can abuse minorities with greater ease.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

it will be interesting to see just how exactly the democratic party hand trump 4 more years in 2020

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

it will be interesting to see just how exactly the democratic party hand trump 4 more years in 2020

Whatever happens, it will be everybody's fault but mine.

- Everyone in this thread.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Those police unions are going to get special exceptions, as well as any other union that's filled with right-wingers, because union bashing is 100% politics, literally no one cares about 'right to work'.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
What? It's like the main legislative priority of state level GOPs. Breaking unions to suppress wages is their raison d'être.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GalacticAcid posted:

What? It's like the main legislative priority of state level GOPs. Breaking unions to suppress wages is their raison d'être.

That's just because unions tend to be leftist and don't want owners to have 100% of the money. They're just using another tool to break leftists, union busting itself isn't the goal (see their exceptions for pigs for evidence).

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

GalacticAcid posted:

They voted a businessman into office, what did they really expect?

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

by 2020 we will have legions of well equipped woke cops ready to implement marxists-sanders thought from sea to shining sea

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

got any sevens posted:

That's just because unions tend to be leftist and don't want owners to have 100% of the money. They're just using another tool to break leftists, union busting itself isn't the goal (see their exceptions for pigs for evidence).

why do you think unions 'tend to be leftist'

what do you think political division comes from

im not really sure where to begin with this tbh

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
pack it up trump, we've got your number :yasssss:

https://twitter.com/MarlowNYC/status/832541626794967040

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

GalacticAcid posted:

pack it up trump, we've got your number :yasssss:

https://twitter.com/MarlowNYC/status/832541626794967040

What are they thinking?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MizPiz posted:

What are they thinking?

"how much can we gently caress up 2020"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MizPiz posted:

What are they thinking?

Kate McKinnon is going to run in 2020 as her Hillary character. There's no way this won't work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MizPiz posted:

What are they thinking?

"How do we make money from all this suffering"

• Locked thread