Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Here's my pitch for Imperium: "better than"/"actually good" version of a [i]Point Break remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

You know what, Mike Boudet remains a charmless idiot but his podcast is still drat good.

I'll always get a kick out of him reading Facebook posts and their comments.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

not knowing what 420 is imo

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Holy poo poo, I Am Cuba is awesome.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

not knowing what 420 is imo
I think my favorite is when he explained, in detail, what a meme was to his internet-based audience.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Egbert Souse posted:

Uhhhh duh! It's a fantastic movie.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

It's definitely one of those "I've met this guy, I've worked with this guy" kinds of things. The kind of guy you don't actually like but are fond of for some odd reason.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
When I die I want the Space Jam theme played at my funeral

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I turned my apartment into basically the same set up I do with action figures for a short film I'm doing on Saturday.

Should be dece. And half of it's found footage too!

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Egbert Souse posted:

drat straight. Don't sleep on The Siberian Mammoth, though.

Also, spiritually related, Eisenstein in Guanajuato.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Anyone know if that resume goon is still around, and if it's worth it? I think my resume is alright for what it is- I don't have a lot of experience no matter how you slice it- but maybe I'm overlooking an angle.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Anonymous Robot posted:

Anyone know if that resume goon is still around, and if it's worth it? I think my resume is alright for what it is- I don't have a lot of experience no matter how you slice it- but maybe I'm overlooking an angle.

you should just hit up vargo on twitter, i know he was the resume goon for a while (its changed a few times)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Just write "Hire me or I will grease myself up with Johnson's Baby Oil so I can squeeze my shameful naked body through a orifice of your house and proceed to take a dump on all your power outlets.".

Works like a charm 15,03% of the time.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Anonymous Robot posted:

No, someone else bought his company and scams the poo poo out of people.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GonSmithe posted:

No, someone else bought his company and scams the poo poo out of people.

that's the guy who bought it from vargo then

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think the resume guy got permabanned (or that might be the swole guy, who also used to be legit but sold the company and the guy that replaced him was really scammy)

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

All good things must come to an end become a scam

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

K. Waste posted:

Here's my pitch for Imperium: "better than"/"actually good" version of a [i]Point Break remake.

That already exists, it's called "The Fast and The Furious" *dodges bottles*

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so I'm in a group on facebook where we talk about food

they have an ongoing poll for the worst kind of pasta

the option in 4th place is "Goku"

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Zach Snyder should really just nut up and do the Excalibur remake he so clearly wants to do

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Zach Snyder should really just nut up and do the Excalibur remake he so clearly wants to do

I made this post in the comic book thread, but I'll say it again.

He needs to do it, but not for a few more decades. It should be his Ran.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Skwirl posted:

That already exists, it's called "The Fast and The Furious" *dodges bottles*

The Fast and the Furious is pretty earnest for what it is. Imperium, on the other hand, is more like basically the same dumb plot of Point Break, but with kind of the humor of The Informant.

RE: Zack Snyder - He should do a shot-for-shot remake of Suicide Squad.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Suicide Squad shouldn't exist

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mads would make for a boss Abraham Lincoln.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly, what one of these comic book movie projects needs to do is:

- get a bunch of good directors on board
- make sure they're all on the same page about shared story elements and stuff so you don't get Buttfuck McAsshole writing a 3-page-long IMDB Goofs entry for every movie
- immediately get the gently caress out of the way and let the talent do what you hired them for

like, worst case scenario, DC puts a bad Batman movie in theaters (or a bad Superman, or a bad Wonder Woman, or etc) that still makes shitzillions of dollars because the IP alone pretty much ensures its success. like literally anything they make with their characters will absolutely goddamn print money. same goes for Marvel to a lesser extent, Kevin Feige is overall doing good work keeping everything together but really needs to take his hands off of individual movies and stop trying to enforce a "house style."

honest to god, it's like they literally know nothing except being as risk-averse as possible, even when there's a flashing neon sign pointing at an IP saying "YOU CAN TAKE RISKS WITH THIS BECAUSE LITERALLY NOTHING CAN POSSIBLY SINK THIS IP AND ANYTHING YOU MAKE WITH IT WILL MAKE AN ENTIRE NATION'S GDP EVEN IF IT IS LITERALLY JUST BEN AFFLECK'S rear end ON A FILM STRIP."

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Suicide Squad shouldn't exist

It's producer is now our Secretary of the Treasury.

Welcome to Trump's America bitch

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wow I hate it even more now

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
I just watched Swiss Army Man. It was uncomfortably relatable because I've had countless imaginary conversations with that mother fucker Daniel Radcliffe about how I would have been Harry Potter had I born in great britain. I'm a slight, near-sighted man and people have been calling me Harry Potter my whole life. Plus I'm always farting and getting boners. Swiss Army Man was a painful experience.

Carly Gay Dead Son fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 17, 2017

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

So I brought up Excalibur because Im introducing a friend of mine to it and I gotta say that I liked it before, but now I kinda think it's my favorite fantasy movie period

Arthur winning over Sir Uriens by doing a flying tackle off a castle and then handing Uriens Excalibur and telling him to knight him is extremely my poo poo, and probably one of the best scenes in any fantasy movie ever.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

When I die I want the Space Jam theme played at my funeral

I want my coffin to be spring-loaded, so as they're lowering me into the ground I launch out and get entangled messily in a tree.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

K. Waste posted:

The Fast and the Furious is pretty earnest for what it is. Imperium, on the other hand, is more like basically the same dumb plot of Point Break, but with kind of the humor of The Informant.

Is The Informant any good? I've had a semi-ironic desire to watch it after learning delusional conspiracy theorist and probable pedophile Kurt Goddamn Eichenwald wrote the book.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gorman Thomas posted:

It's producer is now our Secretary of the Treasury.

Welcome to Trump's America bitch

He also produced Fury Road and every LEGO movie.

Looking forward to Mel Gibson's Suicide Squad 2.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 17, 2017

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

K. Waste posted:

Including the Flash parts he shot in the original?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Is The Informant any good? I've had a semi-ironic desire to watch it after learning delusional conspiracy theorist and probable pedophile Kurt Goddamn Eichenwald wrote the book.

I haven't seen it since it was in theaters, but I remember enjoying it because the actors in it are all pretty obviously having a good time and they carry the whole thing

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The Soderbergh movie?

It's a Soderbergh movie.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
It's a wild, ruthless movie.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I know this is like saying "boy that Mona Lisa sure is a good painting" but The Lost Weekend is a really good movie.

edit: I think it's the score that really makes it. Apparently they originally did a test showing without the score and people thought it was a little goofy, but you add in a classic horror-esque score with that fuckin' theremin and all of a sudden a dude searching for a bottle of Rye in his apartment is loving terrifying.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 17, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
E: wrong place

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It and the book are really good. It's incomprehensible to me that the same doof on twitter wrote a book as engrossing as that one.

edit. I suppose the strength of the narrative told helps a ton.

Maarak fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 17, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What's a good movie to watch to deal with something you waited for for 28 years kinda sucking? And no, I don't mean losing my virginity, you low-hanging fruit grabbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Lurdiak posted:

What's a good movie to watch to deal with something you waited for for 28 years kinda sucking? And no, I don't mean losing my virginity, you low-hanging fruit grabbers.

Was it your inheritance?

• Locked thread