Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

jony neuemonic posted:

are you bottoming them out? blues sound like a machine gun if you type too hard.

i am, I'm seriously hard on keys. i can make an apple chiclet keyboard sound loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

keyboard autists keep going on about not bottoming out on mechanical boards or whatever the gently caress and i am absolutely convinced it is total loving bullshit

i slam on my keys and poo poo goes click-clack-slap and who gives a gently caress, the letters show up on the screen and im comfortable. why do you have to stop at the exact point the switch actuates? is there any proof of this being "proper" or in any way better?? i've tried not bottoming out and it just makes my wrists tense the gently caress up and hurts like hell. it's all a bunch of geekhack.org circle-jerking horseshit

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

SO DEMANDING posted:

keyboard autists keep going on about not bottoming out on mechanical boards or whatever the gently caress and i am absolutely convinced it is total loving bullshit

i slam on my keys and poo poo goes click-clack-slap and who gives a gently caress, the letters show up on the screen and im comfortable. why do you have to stop at the exact point the switch actuates? is there any proof of this being "proper" or in any way better?? i've tried not bottoming out and it just makes my wrists tense the gently caress up and hurts like hell. it's all a bunch of geekhack.org circle-jerking horseshit

:yeah:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

just press the button

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

SO DEMANDING posted:

if you have to consciously try to not slam the keys down, yeah your hands are gonna hurt. mine hurt if i bottom out a lot. imo you want switches that are stiff enough that you naturally stop before then. just a comfort thing, but ymmv.

(clears. you want clears).

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
Just preordered a POK3R RGB on Cherry MX Blues. I also ordered a set of PBT Granite DSA keycaps to put on my keyboard at work, a CODE with Cherry Clears.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
actuate the keys with extreme prejudice.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

you have to press the key hard enough that it makes a clear impression on the page

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

SO DEMANDING posted:

:same: MX blacks 4 lyf

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Ugh I think this corsair gaming keyboard doesn't even debounce the switch signals properly because it keeps inserting extra spaces when I slam the spacebar

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Silver Alicorn posted:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

skipping all these new posts to say

-> WASD V2
-> MX CLEARS
-> PBT CAPS

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Skim Milk posted:

skipping all these new posts to say

-> WASD V2
-> MX CLEARS
-> PBT CAPS

:hfive: literally exact same this kb owns

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the model M was an elegant weapon for a more civilized age

now that we have to sit in bullpens like loving animals, your coworkers will be sorely tempted to beat you to death with a model M, should you presume to use one in the open office

45g topre HHKBs are perfect for modern offices and also everything else unless you have lead fingers (like me) in which case 55g realforces are great although slightly less perfect on account of being a little louder

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

CODE WITH CHERRY MX CLEARS ON DSA GRANITE PBT KEYS.

Necronomoticon fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 8, 2017

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

fukken ABS key caps

seriously if someone made a set of PBT Alps keycaps id overnight the fuckers to my office

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Necronomoticon posted:

CODE WITH CHERRY MX CLEARS ON DSA GRANITE.

dsa good, numpad bad

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

dsa good, numpad bad

numpad good, buy a bigger desk

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

minivanmegafun posted:

numpad good, buy a bigger desk

:wrong:

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like hitting that enter a lot but thats it.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the model M was an elegant weapon for a more civilized age

now that we have to sit in bullpens like loving animals, your coworkers will be sorely tempted to beat you to death with a model M, should you presume to use one in the open office

I use a Model M13 in my cube at work. Come at me bro.

tbh as the guy who's sitting right in front of the keyboard, the Blue keyboard I have at home is way worse than my Model M, the blues are annoying as gently caress. the Model M is tocktocktocktock, the blues are chpchpchpchp, total difference in the pitch/penetration of the sound

I am literally annoyed by myself typing on my blues at home

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Hello I had a Quickfire Pro and after a liquid-related accident some keys started requiring some force to register so I bought a MasterKeys Pro and It's Good and you should buy it. Well cya.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Both keyboards are Cherry MX brown. It's either I'm going insane or the MasterKeys has softer switches :confused:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
different caps or maybe one has those rubber rings for noise reduction.

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

dsa good, numpad bad

I preordered a POK3R RGB on Blues for home use. If PBT DSA keys with transparent legends exist, help a yospos bithc out.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Necronomoticon posted:

CODE WITH CHERRY MX CLEARS ON DSA GRANITE PBT KEYS.

:thumbsup:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

owns

Paul MaudDib posted:

I am literally annoyed by myself
same

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

:eyepop:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

this is what my keys are based on :smug:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
looks like ABS.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

HEY NONG MAN posted:

looks like rear end.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

pram posted:

this is what my keys are based on :smug:

where'd you get those sweet capz? i, too, want my keyboard to look like it's 1968.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

pgroce posted:

where'd you get those sweet capz? i, too, want my keyboard to look like it's 1968.

could be doubleshots from pimpmykekyboard.com. The full profile SA sets are expensive

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mate buying poo poo like that is chump tie,r much like i am. he joined a forum based group buy like the true alpha that he is

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

welcome back echo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Silver Alicorn posted:

welcome back echo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:allears:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pgroce posted:

these cannot be purchased by mere normies im afraid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
wb echi from an unmerited, excessive, cruel, and unusual punishment

• Locked thread