Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

People already want final destination in for honor? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Spent an hour practicing parries. Felt like I got pretty good at it. Now for some 1v1s! Literally 11/12 matches were light attack spamming assassins.

loving Orachis... :(

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Evil Canadian posted:

Nah, I like death hazards, but I think some of the maps go overboard with them.

I think the geysers are actually perfectly fine. The map itself allows you to maneuver around them and being tossed into one is only an instakill if you land right inside it as it erupts. Just brushing against it only takes away like half HP. Which sucks, but is a lot better than just losing the map outright. Plus the whole timing element means landing a geyser kill isn't so simple.

But then there's poo poo like the narrow forest bridge. If someone wants to fight on the bridge, the first guard break wins.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Trillhouse posted:

Spent an hour practicing parries. Felt like I got pretty good at it. Now for some 1v1s! Literally 11/12 matches were light attack spamming assassins.

loving Orachis... :(

Why wouldn't you practice against light attack spamming assassins? It only gets easier from there.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Evil Canadian posted:

Go full smash bros and make a stage/game mode where you can only kill by knocking off the stage :getin:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Nah, I like death hazards, but I think some of the maps go overboard with them.

I think the geysers are actually perfectly fine. The map itself allows you to maneuver around them and being tossed into one is only an instakill if you land right inside it as it erupts. Just brushing against it only takes away like half HP. Which sucks, but is a lot better than just losing the map outright. Plus the whole timing element means landing a geyser kill isn't so simple.

But then there's poo poo like the narrow forest bridge. If someone wants to fight on the bridge, the first guard break wins.

Geysers also instant kill if you throw people into active ones. Be like the raider. Don't skip leg day.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Pubbies crowing about "honor" in elimination is hilarious.

Until they're on your team and intentionally lose because you ganked someone.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Do bots never use mixup attacks? I did some practice blocking/parrying vs a level 3 Orochi bot, and I don't think I noticed a single one...

Those are the attacks that you would need the most practice blocking :negative:

panda clue fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 17, 2017

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Oh man I'm so happy I bought this game. Even just playing against bots I'm having an absolute blast. It's so fun and satisfying to play. I really, really hope Ubisoft supports this because the base game is something special.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So what unblockables can you guard break people out of? Obviously not any attacks but I'm not sure if something like the conqueror's sheild base or warden's shield charge counts as one.

I didn't even think you could guard break unblockables until someone grabbed me when I was mid-carge as the Shugoki and tossed me off a ledge.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Floppychop posted:

4v4 cluster fucks can reach mario party levels of shenanigans. it's really fun imo

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
What's the weakness for the lawbreaker infinity shove?

Doesn't seem like it can be dodged like the other charges and the sheer range makes it essentially an instant kill on most stages

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

UberJew posted:

What's the weakness for the lawbreaker infinity shove?

Doesn't seem like it can be dodged like the other charges and the sheer range makes it essentially an instant kill on most stages

It has extremely short range so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Unless he's doing it off a block but just don't stand near a ledge then.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
lawbringer, sorry

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Internet Kraken posted:

someone grabbed me when I was mid-carge as the Shugoki and tossed me off a ledge.

:eyepop:

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

UberJew posted:

lawbringer, sorry

The block-shove will catch you every time, but if he's doing it normally just dodge to the side.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

The block-shove will catch you every time, but if he's doing it normally just dodge to the side.

Specifically the unlocked charge as an iniitiation (and usually from the side not in a 1v1 duel)

It seemed to have enough guidance to catch my dodges that I wasn't sure if it was designed to catch dodges but good to know that's just my timing being off

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

UberJew posted:

Specifically the unlocked charge as an iniitiation (and usually from the side not in a 1v1 duel)

It seemed to have enough guidance to catch my dodges that I wasn't sure if it was designed to catch dodges but good to know that's just my timing being off

The charge that impales and pushes you can be blocked as well to the best of my knowledge.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
It can, that + his shoulder throw and his unblockable can result in some pretty harrowing burst damage actually

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Ive opened alll of my drat ports following this https://portforward.com/help/for-honor/ guide and I still get 30 minute dead zones of playing. Jesus gently caress this match making.

Also how do I see my individual hero win rates, overall Im 64%

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Gaj posted:

Ive opened alll of my drat ports following this https://portforward.com/help/for-honor/ guide and I still get 30 minute dead zones of playing. Jesus gently caress this match making.

Also how do I see my individual hero win rates, overall Im 64%

Did your NAT change to green? Cause if it didn't you'll have to call your ISP and tell them to open whatever ports you need.

Fact is most portforwarding doesn't do poo poo because it's the ISP blocking it at the source, not your router. Especially outside the USA.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Just had a samurai mutter "Chotto matte.." before I snapped his neck on my lady raider. :stare:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Anyone know how to get the Crusader Cross symbol to show up as white?

I'd love to do it as white on black background. Rep the Black Templars :black101:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

7c Nickel posted:

Just had a samurai mutter "Chotto matte.." before I snapped his neck on my lady raider. :stare:

If makes you feel any better, all samurai deserve to die.

Also I did this up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tvp5ca_FCw

What every class gets off guardbreak(with damage values). Big winners is Nobushi and Orochi, Big losers are Raider, Valkyrie, and Conqueror.

*ed*

WOOPS, forgot kensei guardbreak starts his chain, so for kensei they actually start on hit number 2, which means he does less damage, made a note in vid.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 17, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So yeah the more I use it the more I think the Shugoki's zone attack is vital against better players, or at least ones that are super passive. Its the fastest way for the Shugoki to close a gap. If you cancel the second attack you can combo it into a guard break or a headbutt combo too. The timing on the cancel is weird but its worth learning. Only problem is doing this basically exhausts your stamina, so you can't really capitalize on it beyond getting some damage in unless you punt the other player into a corner/death pit. Also it always hits from the right so I'm sure some competent player can parry it and own your fat rear end anyways.

Unrelated; there are tons of people with fishing bobber emblems. I wonder why.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

Floppychop posted:

See, I don't mind ganking if you kill your 1v1 guy first, but nothing pisses me off more than someone turning around at the very start and beelining for another fight to 2v1 someone.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

SoldadoDeTone posted:

See, I don't mind ganking if you kill your 1v1 guy first, but nothing pisses me off more than someone turning around at the very start and beelining for another fight to 2v1 someone.

Yeah the threat of getting stabbed in the back is a good incentive to play aggressively-- whoever kills their opponent fastest can snowball their team to a victory. If you just honorably wait for people to finish their duels, why not just play the duel mode?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

SoldadoDeTone posted:

Whats wrong with that, its a 4v4 and that is a legit taktik

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Floppychop posted:

Anyone know how to get the Crusader Cross symbol to show up as white?

I'd love to do it as white on black background. Rep the Black Templars :black101:

Its based on your color scheme. As you level up and unlock stuff you'll get more schemes.

Evil Canadian posted:

Also I did this up

What every class gets off guardbreak(with damage values). Big winners is Nobushi and Orochi, Big losers are Raider, Valkyrie, and Conqueror.

This is some slick editing! Very cool.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 17, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Well w/e Titanfall getting too stale

Target has the For Honor gold edition for $70 instead of $100 for the next couple days. Just gonna not redeem poo poo, play it for a couple weeks, then flip it

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 17, 2017

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Also I did this up

*ed*

WOOPS, forgot kensei guardbreak starts his chain, so for kensei they actually start on hit number 2, which means he does less damage, made a note in vid.

Hey can you confirm if shoulder to ground toss to ZA on raider is safe? The thing is that it always goes into the execution prompt so I think that means they're standing, but I've never had it be parried so it might only be dangerous for like like 1 frame.

Right now my priorities on guard break goes

1. Instant Death
2. Environmental Damage
3. Toss into ZA if I have high stam
4. Carry into wall followed by light combo
5. Toss followed by light combo if I have low stam

Lastly I think your statement on walls is wrong. I don't think the Raider can get their heavies off wall tosses sadly. Otherwise I would insert it in after 2.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Its based on your color scheme. As you level up and unlock stuff you'll get more schemes.

I've gone through all the color schemes and none turn it white, even when the other symbols are white.

There are various schemes where it isn't any of the 3 colors of the scheme.

It seems only the pre-order symbols have this problem.

SoldadoDeTone posted:

Yeah, I always deal with my guy first. But if I kill him, I'm not going to wait around sitting on my hands for the rest of the match.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Floppychop posted:

I've gone through all the color schemes and none turn it white, even when the other symbols are white.

There are various schemes where it isn't any of the 3 colors of the scheme.

It seems only the pre-order symbols have this problem.

Ah, guess they're fixed unlike the others.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

7c Nickel posted:

Hey can you confirm if shoulder to ground toss to ZA on raider is safe? The thing is that it always goes into the execution prompt so I think that means they're standing, but I've never had it be parried so it might only be dangerous for like like 1 frame.

Right now my priorities on guard break goes

1. Instant Death
2. Environmental Damage
3. Toss into ZA if I have high stam
4. Carry into wall followed by light combo
5. Toss followed by light combo if I have low stam

Lastly I think your statement on walls is wrong. I don't think the Raider can get their heavies off wall tosses sadly. Otherwise I would insert it in after 2.

Not at ps4 to test right now but shoulder toss into unblockable on ground, if they have a window to parry it they won't have the armour glow when they get hit(as they would with the light attack for example.

As for the raider wall bounce it is correct HOWEVER you can't be touching the wall when you side/backtoss them. Raider needs a bit of time for the animation to recover, so if you chuck em from a bit of a distance then they wallbounce its all good, but if you already by the wall then tough poo poo raider(which is the story of the class)!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

My emblem reflects my passion:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

FunkMonkey posted:

I'm stealing this, lol

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Ah, guess they're fixed unlike the others.

They'll change though. They go between black, grey, and dark red.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This game is so mentally exhausting once you get to your proper mmr. Matches are usually super close and almost every win feels hard fought.

FunkMonkey posted:

Perfect.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
During a duel:
:smug: "I don't want to fight you"
:burger: "scared huh?"
:smug: "Ehhh... I don't like fighting to Shoguki. He's aids."
:burger: *fucks him up* ""Looks like the AIDS got you"