Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I kinda hope they do one DLC entirely Corvo and one entirely Emily so they can give them stories that are entirely about them as individuals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Why would you want to ignore the Outsider's mark, though? The whole point seems to be that magic isn't evil or good, it's what you do with it that counts.

My head canon definitely involves killing Delilah even if you don't kill anyone else. She's already broken out of the Void once, after all, so how can you be sure she won't realise what you've done and try to break out again?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I red boxed this this week having never played dishonored 1 and really really enjoyed it. Played as corvo for the russel and only really used blink and possession powers. Played on very hard save for medium overhead awareness on enemies cause Jesus Christ they're perceptive on default keen.

I turned all the interactive and goal markers off and got really invested in exploring each mission. I found the solutions for the safes and random runes puzzles very very satisfying. My favorite was probably the anniversary safe and the really bad safe shopkeeper safe. Lol.

Did most of the game low chaos and started ng+ with Emily and doing high chaos. I like far reaches utility a little more and because it doesn't let me sit there wasting time like with blink trying to catch an edge. I guess because it doesn't have a stop time bonus and far reach is far less forgiving.

Also you could correct the time in Stiltons mansion?? :cripes:

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Feb 16, 2017

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Also you could correct the time in Stiltons mansion?? :cripes:

Wait what?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Answer to above: If you kill or knock out Stilton in the past it will change the present.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Count me as another retard who breezed through blissfully ignorant of that possibility on the first playthrough. I very carefully and discreetly pilfered his diary without touching him

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

billie lurk and daud dlc please arkane, i want more assassin redemption stories

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
I picked up D1 Definitive Edition to play through before D2 and forgot how amazing that game is. Mostly went low chaos but absolutely red wedding'd the gently caress out of the Boyles' party, Class War Corvo unchained. It was so great to bust out all the murder tools and burn through 10 Pierro's Remedies in that one mission.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Avalerion posted:

Answer to above: If you kill or knock out Stilton in the past it will change the present.

I didn't even know that you could interact with him there. I never found him in all 3 of my playthroughs outside of where you get the plot device.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

I picked up D1 Definitive Edition to play through before D2 and forgot how amazing that game is. Mostly went low chaos but absolutely red wedding'd the gently caress out of the Boyles' party, Class War Corvo unchained. It was so great to bust out all the murder tools and burn through 10 Pierro's Remedies in that one mission.

boyles party is so good. one of the most immersive missions in a very good game

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

I didn't even know that you could interact with him there. I never found him in all 3 of my playthroughs outside of where you get the plot device.

He's the guy in the garden, you go there to get the door code from his diary.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Avalerion posted:

He's the guy in the garden, you go there to get the door code from his diary.

Oh...I guess I was too busy making sure to avoid being seen while getting the code to realize that it was actually him.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Trying to get ghost and as many coins as possible basically consisted of me silently knocking out 99% of the population on every map so I could loot it in peace afterwards. The consequences of knocking out Stilton (if he sees me in the past I lose ghost, okay? :colbert:) was a bit of a surprise :v:

So many people!

orcane fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Feb 16, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

orcane posted:

Trying to get ghost and as many coins as possible basically consisted of me silently knocking out 99% of the population on every map so I could loot it in peace afterwards. The consequences of knocking out Stilton (if he sees me in the past I lose ghost, okay? :colbert:) was a bit of a surprise :v:

So many people!

this, except I was trying for the biggest KO'd body-pile instead.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Judging by how it was done in this game, I feel that Dishonored 3 will simply have the "canon" Chaos level be whatever you're doing at that point in the run. Though if I recall, Arkane did say "These are things that definitely happened," which was basically Low Chaos, but not Clean Hands.

Also, that DLC will likely be more Billie and Daud, if the last scene was any indication, unless that's what Dishonored 3 will be based on and the DLC will be more Corvo and Emily.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
any DLC featuring Daud will have him as a supporting character out of necessity, i think. unless i'm mistaken he's a good decade older than corvo.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

He's only a few years older than Corvo iirc.

Fake Edit: The Dishonored wikia says he's 42 during Dishonored 1 and Corvo is 39.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

ah ok he just looks a million years older because michael madsen then, that's fair

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

As of 13 hours ago a new unknown entry appeared on Steam Database's DLC page for Dishonored 2. :tinfoil:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Are any of the dishonoured team working on Prey? I really hope so.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

alf_pogs posted:

boyles party is so good. one of the most immersive missions in a very good game

Agreed. None of the Dishonored 2 missions match it, but I do have a soft spot for the duke's palace. While the Clockwork Mansion and Crack in the Slab are beautifully made, the duke's palace has that same little element of randomness that the Boyle party did, so when you play it again you still have to search for the duke rather than just making a bee-line for him. I wish there was more of the palace and less of the approach through the streets, the palace was far more interesting.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Are any of the dishonoured team working on Prey? I really hope so.

Arkane is not exactly massive so almost certainly. You can see very similar design in dishonored 1, 2 and dark messiah, so I'm guessing the same group of lead people worked on all of those.

Prey will be interesting because it's coming out incredibly soon after their previous game however. According to wikipedia, all their previous games have been between 4 and 6 years apart.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Some story stuff or character stuff I found disappointing or have questions about.

First, Paolo: I was kinda disappointed that he was a prominent figure in the dust district. I ended up killing him and the overseer which didn't turn the district into a poo poo show apparently which was kinda sad.

I liked the first time I ran into the howlers in that back alley and finding the note on one about Paolo turning into a ton of rats after getting stabbed 50 times. Then I accidentally got into a fight with some random dudes in the black market and executed him and he turned into rats. Hell yeah. I think I would've liked it more as just flavor.

This is related to the dust district: is it even possible to brute force or solve Kirins puzzle? Seems to lack too much information to be possible.

This one is about Duke Luca i knocked him out and left him on the chandelier in his bedroom. I found the double who was smoking and confronted him. I got the feeling that you could confront the real Luca and he'd go along with your "plan"? If you claim the real one is the double, will he organize the same kind of plot and then have you killed or something? That'd be awesome if you could totally get tricked like that if you weren't paying attention.

Finally about chaos how much does it affect the player characters dialogue? I'm doing high chaos Emily and she Keeps talking about killing those who betrayed her and etc and I don't remember low chaos Corvo being particularly murderous.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
My favourite part of the duke's non-lethal sequence is a lovely little touch: after all the fuss the double makes over the medallion, the guard captain doesn't ask to see it, i.e. she actively avoids exposing herself to potential evidence of the plot. The duke is a popular man.

This is related to the dust district: is it even possible to brute force or solve Kirins puzzle? Seems to lack too much information to be possible.

It's entirely possible, but [spoiler]there's a slight ambiguity: left/right mean immediately to the left/right[spoiler]

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I loved Vincent D'Onofrio as the duke. Mostly cause his voice and rhythm of speaking is so immediately identifiable and his speeches coming through the loudspeakers were downright evil.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Some story stuff or character stuff I found disappointing or have questions about.

This one is about Duke Luca i knocked him out and left him on the chandelier in his bedroom. I found the double who was smoking and confronted him. I got the feeling that you could confront the real Luca and he'd go along with your "plan"? If you claim the real one is the double, will he organize the same kind of plot and then have you killed or something? That'd be awesome if you could totally get tricked like that if you weren't paying attention.

Luca: If you talk to the real duke first, he will agree with the plan, and then walk over to the nearest alarm bell and ring it, summoning the guards. 100% calm throughout.

I'm hoping for another level in the DLC that plays similarly to lady Boyle's party:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO IN 2012 posted:

Every member of Lady Boyles party unconscious.
When he sails off they fall in the water :(

e- Tempest achievement :haw:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Feb 17, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Paolo is never presented as anything other than a thug and a dick so it's not hard to determine who to side with.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There should be special effects from ghost runs where you knock out everyone.

newspaper saying MYSTERIOUS FAINTING SPELL STRIKES CITY OFFICIALS BAFFLED

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Paolo is never presented as anything other than a thug and a dick so it's not hard to determine who to side with.

he does discuss his plans for helping the miners by organizing a strike and keeping the miners from being physically compelled to work by deploying the Howlers to the strike lines if you eavesdrop on him in his bar

that said, yeah, in my no powers run I took great pleasure in punching paolo directly in the face and then kicking him directly in the nutsack. apparently he ends up being a net positive to the city if you do not take him out of action though. don't ask me how.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Well because he helps organise the miners?

Do you see the Howlers robbing poor people ever? Pretty sure he's presented as more a Robin Hood type.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

They do attempt to rob you by posing as a citizen in distress/sidequest giver.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Both Emily and Corvo wear fancy suits. :colbert:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Luca: If you talk to the real duke first, he will go agree with the plan, and then walk over to the nearest alarm bell and ring it, summoning the guards. 100% calm throughout.
Wait, is it random where the real duke and double spawn? In my game the duke was outside the main building with a dog and 2 guards right next to him and there was no way I could talk to him without being attacked.

Well okay it's possible to knock them all out, but since the double only had a single guard who paths really far away from him it was easy to tell who to talk to first and I thought that was deliberate.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Sindai posted:

Wait, is it random where the real duke and double spawn? In my game the duke was outside the main building with a dog and 2 guards right next to him and there was no way I could talk to him without being attacked.

Well okay it's possible to knock them all out, but since the double only had a single guard who paths really far away from him it was easy to tell who to talk to first and I thought that was deliberate.

Yep, seems random. Or at least they spawn randomly in a few locations. Guards and Luca: I had one playthrough where the duke's double refused to leave "I'm freaking out" mode after I shot a guard, even though the double shouldn't have been able to see it happen, so I couldn't progress without having rats eat everyone non violently..

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Feb 17, 2017

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
It is random, yeah, chosen from a few locations.

As for Paolo, he tried to kill me because I was looking at him funny when was standing in his alley. He shouldn't start poo poo he can't finish :colbert:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

You're saying that as if the literal inquisition is better to side with.

From where I'm standing, the obvious choice is to side with neither and either solve the puzzle by yourself or kill them both or send both of them away.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Literal inquisition expect witches are also actually real.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

But also you're one of them so there's some incentive to curb the inquisition's enthusiasm.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

And considering what you can leave behind in a high chaos playthrough they might have a point about magic being bad. :D But yea, I got rid of both too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Literal inquisition expect witches are also actually real.

and strong and very much not my friend

also idk about you guys but I wasn't a witch in my last playthrough :colbert:

• Locked thread