Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

theDOWmustflow posted:

Installed my new 850 EVO SSD and wow. Just wow.

I feel like someone putting on vision correcting lenses for the first time in their life. My load times went from several minutes to freaking less than 10 seconds. Unbelievable.

I'm a new man. Time to party in Sylvania baby!

Now try an nvme m2 SSD mounted right on the motherboard.

You have time to read a few words of the text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

They have been running away from my armies a lot :-/

Also maybe an even dumber question- what is the win state for the Empire campaign? I feel like I missed this- I'm assuming it's something like controlling all the empire provinces?

You need to kill all the stacks belonging to the main Chaos faction, and either own or be allied to all the empire provinces.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

sauer kraut posted:

They sent out the MLNW dlcs for the Warhammer faction... and surprise it sucks.
GCYMH-NYGIA-IPGGK Company of Heroes 2 - Southern Fronts DLC
6N0EJ-4CGT9-06NAN Shining Force from the SEGA Classics

Cool. DLC for an entirely different game. Why?

Shining Force is good though.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My game is running the battles with no issue, but the campaign map is really, really, laggy. Any ideas on what to do? I can find posts about this, but most of them were from around launch. Dropping from Ultra to High produced no real change.

EDIT: Trying a program that unparks my cores to see if that works.
2X Edit: Well that actually worked perfectly. Cool. Well that or the newer Nvidia drives, but I doubt it would do any more for this game vs newer ones.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 17, 2017

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Gonkish posted:

Not yet. This is all a preview of what TW:W "wins" in the "Make Love Not War" cross promotion Sega has going. If we "lose" then she's paid DLC, I guess?

drat it, I thought she had won already.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

drat it, I thought she had won already.

If we lose I would assume she will still be FLC, but just released a couple months later similar to Grombindals's general release versus his white dwarf release.

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Now try an nvme m2 SSD mounted right on the motherboard.

You have time to read a few words of the text.

Fall of the Samurai with an SSD actually made me sad cos I missed out on all but 10-20 seconds of that really sick battle loading track

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I think she'll be paid dlc; wasn't it last time around we had to pay for slavs when TW lost?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

The worst part of the Isabella release will be figuring out her couple name to go with Vlad the Dad. Bella the Beast? Izz the Bizz? It's gonna be in workshop for weeks.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I think I made a mod so that you don't get bad traits anymore. Let me know if it works.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Fangz posted:

You need to kill all the stacks belonging to the main Chaos faction, and either own or be allied to all the empire provinces.

Also you gotta kill the VCs, all of them. Westmoreland would be proud

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Is there a mod out there that removes the military alliance between the Wood Elves and Clan Angrund? What was the impetus for that in the first place? Balance?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I think it might be there to teach players about the amber from alliances mechanic.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Aurubin posted:

Is there a mod out there that removes the military alliance between the Wood Elves and Clan Angrund? What was the impetus for that in the first place? Balance?

Well with the upkeep malus Angrund doesn't need any extra enemies around their start so it's kinda reasonable. Not that it stopped the pointy-eared fucks in my Angrund campaign. They declared war on some Brets and I went along with it, didn't send an army over due to being kinda busy with Skarsnik. They hosed up the Brets in like five turns, then informed me that they didn't need my "help" anymore, canceled the alliance and then attacked me like five turns after that.

Even with mods to tone down their steamrolling tendencies, every single one of my campaigns still features elf genocide and honestly I'm glad of it.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Triskelli posted:

The worst part of the Isabella release will be figuring out her couple name to go with Vlad the Dad. Bella the Beast? Izz the Bizz? It's gonna be in workshop for weeks.

Hella Bella.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Izzy the Tizzy maybe, but I like all the candidates so far.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Izzaball the Killemall

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Rookersh posted:

Hella Bella.

Sweet Vlad and Hella Bella.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 17, 2017

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
When I play beastmen in the grand campaign, I get relentlessly hunted down by the wood elves no matter how infinitely far from them I am. Does this always happen? It's kind of a nightmare. Especially with my rage slowly ticking down.....

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Helion posted:

When I play beastmen in the grand campaign, I get relentlessly hunted down by the wood elves no matter how infinitely far from them I am. Does this always happen? It's kind of a nightmare. Especially with my rage slowly ticking down.....

I had this happen and it was definitely a source of absolute irritation. I solved it by restarting and making my first target of conflict be the Wood Elves, and in spite of them managing an early confederation I still put them into the dirt and then got to have more fun afterwards because I had obliterated my hated rivals.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Triskelli posted:

Sweet Vlad and Hella Bella.

I WARNED YOU ABOUT WITCH HUNTERS BRO!!!!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lassitude posted:

I WARNED YOU ABOUT WITCH HUNTERS THEOGANISTS BRO!!!!

Actually quite accurate to what happened.

Even falling down many stairs

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Gejnor posted:

Theese are both my mods :v:

The text you mentioned was added by me in the 2nd mod "Confederated Wurrzag Savage Orc Upkeep Rebalance" to make it say SOMETHING other than [HIDDEN], and also to rebalancing it to 0% extra upkeep.

That mod is here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=829088310

This is what it says now!

Is the text all yours? If so, it fits really well and fooled me for being from the game itself. Thank you for your mods btw, both Wurzzag fixes and the green iz best one. Pretty sure that is you...

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

ZearothK posted:

A random thought, the Bloody Hands and von Carsteins are both free factions (even if Isabella ends up paid, Vlad is still free) for the release races and Bretonnia is getting Bordeaux as a subfaction, leaving the Empire and Dwarfs as the only base races with a single free start. I guess Karak Kadrin for Ungrim (and maybe Gotrek & Felix?) would be the obvious guess if they are going to give the same treatment for all, but I am not sure who other than Boris could be interesting for the Empire, and he's complicated from being an unlockable in the Beastmen DLC, also I don't see Gelt or Volkmar relocating from Altdorf.

I don't see them doing Boris because it's only a single province away from Altdorf as is, and he's never been interesting. GW has basically disowned Valten and all things Storm of Chaos in all but name. However, Marius Leitdorf is one of the most notable electors: he specifically had rules and a totally kick rear end model, but he's dead and he's in the game so that might be something to look forward to. Averland also has The Moot, so maybe some halfling units like Lumpin Croop's Fighting Cocks or a Hot Pot or something. Pretty please. :ohdear:

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

Also maybe an even dumber question- what is the win state for the Empire campaign? I feel like I missed this- I'm assuming it's something like controlling all the empire provinces?

Answered, but no one mentioned there's a button that shows your objectives and which ones are currently achieved.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Night10194 posted:

Actually quite accurate to what happened.

Even falling down many stairs

There was so much... at stake.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Syrnn posted:

I don't see them doing Boris because it's only a single province away from Altdorf as is, a

I mean, that didn't stop them from doing it with the vamps, so idk.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

So I'm kinda getting back into things

What should I be aware of from launch warhammers

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dunno-Lars posted:

Is the text all yours? If so, it fits really well and fooled me for being from the game itself. Thank you for your mods btw, both Wurzzag fixes and the green iz best one. Pretty sure that is you...

That text is indeed all me! It was just something i came up with when reading into what the trait actually does in the code which is raise the upkeep by a massive amount.

Yepp, the "Green Iz Best" is mine as well, i've done quite a few mods infact for this game, including the No Aggressive AI Agents, Upgraded Legendary Lord Items, Upgraded Player Settlements, Global Recruitment Buff.. phew, and thats not even all of them!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

ZenVulgarity posted:

So I'm kinda getting back into things

What should I be aware of from launch warhammers

The balance of power in certain areas of the map has completely changed with the addition of new factions. The Empire start is one of the hardest now if you get unlucky and the savage orcs, beastmen, and elves all decide to pay a visit. There's some free DLC you can get off the Steam store, including new sub-factions to play as and new legendary lords.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Gejnor posted:

That text is indeed all me! It was just something i came up with when reading into what the trait actually does in the code which is raise the upkeep by a massive amount.

Yepp, the "Green Iz Best" is mine as well, i've done quite a few mods infact for this game, including the No Aggressive AI Agents, Upgraded Legendary Lord Items, Upgraded Player Settlements, Global Recruitment Buff.. phew, and thats not even all of them!

Which kind of scares me off of it. If it needs that much community patching, isn't the core game a bit poo poo?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I don't use any mods because they're not needed imo.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
Just got back into the game and holy poo poo Argwylon (?) is really weird and really fun. I'm really enjoying the forced aggression in the relentless hunt for amber. I had a difficult start in a head-to-head campaign I'm doing with a friend but it turns out that Durthu and the Treemen are hard as nails and crush most about anyone. This game is fun.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

Which kind of scares me off of it. If it needs that much community patching, isn't the core game a bit poo poo?
There are a couple of bugs that aren't fixed by the patches (or at least in one case introduced by a patch) and there might be a mod that fixes them.
But the game is fine in its vanilla state and you can have a ton of fun with it. You don't need to spend hours setting up a complex patchwork of mods before booting up the game for the first time. If there are aspects of the game that you don't like and want to change, you can always see if there's a mod for it later.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Indolent Bastard posted:

Nope, not in the slightest. There are plenty of small things that mods can fix/improve (or just alter to taste - I don't find AI agents to be a problem so I don't use mods neutralising them, for instance) but the core game is probably the best Total War has ever been.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Indolent Bastard posted:

Literally every mod is optional, the core game is extremely solid.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Indolent Bastard posted:

Green iz best is primarily a must-have due to it making Greenskins start easier, to better tend to the Dwarven menace to the North. It isn't essential, but as a Greenskins fan the changes in recruitment time and the Shaman hut changes, plus Azhags tweaks make it my personal go-to.

Makes me wonder if Azhag warrants a starting unit change, since his army is garbage.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Indolent Bastard posted:

It doesn't need patching, it just alters the gameplay to be more to some people's tastes. I've pretty much only played unpatched.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Indolent Bastard posted:

No, the mods ive made are just niggling little things in the game i felt could've been done better, some minor bug fixes or its about some mechanics that have fallen behind the improvements made by all the new DLCs but the game itself it extremely satisfying mods or no mods!

I've spent over a thousand hours on the game, sometimes going completely blank on the mods and sometimes splurging out since it gives so much more replayability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
"When you subscribe, you'll immediately receive Total War: Warhammer with more games to come, and enjoy 10% off in the Humble Store!"

When do the "more games to come" show up? As TW:W is not $100 worth of games.

E: Found it. "On March 3rd you'll get six more games to keep!"

• Locked thread