Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
$30bux for a dress only usable on five characters is pretty outrageous. Even the console im@s games don't charge that much for a single dress usable on everyone.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should at least give you a 10-pull ticket with it like they do for the buyable SSR tickets

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

accurate

e:

Polsy posted:

Well, it just cuts the leading '1' off entirely

Half marks:

Polsy fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 16, 2017

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Zettace posted:

$30bux for a dress only usable on five characters is pretty outrageous. Even the console im@s games don't charge that much for a single dress usable on everyone.

Yeah, that's probably the worst part of it. Even if christmas plaid is pretty nice.

Polsy posted:

Half marks:

Ah, that's amazing. Then again, looking at that, even the icons and text for the title/difficulty don't stay neatly in their little yellow box, so…

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

another idea would be they charge $30 for the dress or whatever but at least give you an SR for each of the girls. like i don't have a haruna at all, and all my new gens are just the rares. if they gave me a set of matching snow wings SRs with the dress i might be tempted

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Allarion posted:

I'm gonna guess it means arcade chart, therefore you need all your fingers for it. Guess they're paving the way for the arcade stuff to get molded together with phone since there were rumors/announcements SIF was gonna get updated with 3D models a while ago.

Also dang, all fingers on phone is hard and will take getting used to. Wonder if they'll add the easy/normal/hard AC charts too. That would help in getting practice for it, though I guess jumping right into it is possible too.

Gross. Does the game let you spread your account over multiple devices in any way? I.e. iPhone Game Center login? I have a spare iPad I could use for AC songs if that's the case.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Chill la Chill posted:

Gross. Does the game let you spread your account over multiple devices in any way? I.e. iPhone Game Center login? I have a spare iPad I could use for AC songs if that's the case.

Actually, looking it up, it looks like just a collaboration to preview/advertise the arcade game. Plus there's no good rewards for clearing the AC version anyways other than gold.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

oh god that's literally the end of yumeiro harmony

what's nice about m+ is that it's got that nostalgic "i just started and i've got an a combo and b score" feel to it

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

gently caress me DereSute's cheap daily pull just gave me Shin Sato's SSR after pulling Yuko Hori's SSR yesterday. Oh yeah... I started playing last month. It's good. Used to play the ol' Love Lives but my old phone ate my account.

Shame about the dress store being overpriced though, I Hope they at least see sense and start giving out 10 pull tickets if they're going to sell them in sets. It would also be nice if Japanese mobile devs eventually get over their obsession with pricing IAP's stupidly high too, lol yeah right.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hate you, SSR haver.

Also, welcome to the idol thread, the best thread in ADTRW, dedicated to the best thing - anime idols.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i had an SR, SSR, SR daily sandwich but i imagine back-to-back SSR pull odds are astronomical

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Yeah no kidding, after pulling one yesterday I'd pretty much decided not to do any more daily pulls on the regular too.

I don't know if it's normal but I didn't get the fancy envelope (just plain blue) so I was reaaaally shocked when the screen went black to second time, I was certain that it was going to be an SR.

Hate-Senpai posted:

I hate you, SSR haver.

Also, welcome to the idol thread, the best thread in ADTRW, dedicated to the best thing - anime idols.

I'm far luckier than I have any right to be that's for sure, also thanks and agreed.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Token events are less than ideal, but new LP system and the fact Susume Master is out I think I'll survive.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
The chart is SO fun. Haven't gotten above C combo yet but I like it.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

What's the deal in SIF with spending more LP in one song than normal? It says more rewards so I assume it means 4x the token/gold/xp awards if you go for maximum but don't want to be wrong to find out. I just want to not have to play so many songs in a day for a token event.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

What's the deal in SIF with spending more LP in one song than normal? It says more rewards so I assume it means 4x the token/gold/xp awards if you go for maximum but don't want to be wrong to find out. I just want to not have to play so many songs in a day for a token event.

Yep, 4x tokens and xp for sure. I don't know about gold, but don't really care, so :shrug:. The big thing it does not not multiply is bond. Oh, also you only get the standard 3 Ns from it.

It's a Godsend for token events, really, unless you're planning on tiering and really value loveca more than time. It's also nice for inter-event play, so I can get 4x the xp from my one song a day.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Great! As much as I like my idols, it does get tiring spending so much time on the game. I wish they would've made a built-in Jukebox that you could queue up easy songs and get the minimum rewards for. But this is also a decent replacement.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hello idol squad i need unit names for the three units i created to feature faves who do not fit in my color/skill teams

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
new Aqours subunit previews!

CYaRon - P.S. no Mukougawa
AZALEA - LONELY TUNING
Guilty Kiss - Guilty Eyes Fever

I am... not a fan of the crayon one, Ruby's voice at the beginning is particularly dire. Azalea's isn't wowing me right now. The style of the song and my idea of the style of the members kind of clashes. GK's is the standout for sure. GK is so OP.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Really, though, not every Guilty Kiss song needs "guilty" in the lyrics, I think.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Really, though, not every Guilty Kiss song needs "guilty" in the lyrics, I think.

:frogout:

I like the lil comics they added to SIF. Glad they're getting on the idolcomic train

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

AZALEA - LONELY TUNING

I am... not a fan of the crayon one, Ruby's voice at the beginning is particularly dire. Azalea's isn't wowing me right now. The style of the song and my idea of the style of the members kind of clashes. GK's is the standout for sure. GK is so OP.

P.S. no Mukougawa feels like it could be a Printemps song.
Lonely Tuning is a bit more electronic than I expect for AZALEA but I kneejerk initially like it better than Torikoriko/Tokimeki.
GUILTY KISS KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE PARK AGAIN. OH! HOME RUN!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey its a love live mv!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Yep, 4x tokens and xp for sure. I don't know about gold, but don't really care, so :shrug:. The big thing it does not not multiply is bond. Oh, also you only get the standard 3 Ns from it.

It's a Godsend for token events, really, unless you're planning on tiering and really value loveca more than time. It's also nice for inter-event play, so I can get 4x the xp from my one song a day.

4x G as well.

Been using the LP multipliers to try and catch up with this token event, since my WiFi went down yesterday when I tried to use my LP after I came home. After missing out on the Mari SR from the KananMari event a couple months back by 200 places because I delayed my last minute push by like 30 minutes, I'm gonna do my best to get the Ruby this time. YohaRuby event and Guilty Night, Guilty Kiss as the event song? Yes please!

Promo UR Nico coming soon, I guess it doesn't look too bad. Don't like the fact that after the update, the Love Show screen goes quiet with no BGM when you're picking your song, instead of giving you a song preview, but I dunno if that's just a fuckup with my update or something.

Last couple of pulls weren't too bad, but no Devil Nico or Halloween Dia for me. Got a bunch of SSRs though, including that amazing Yoshiko one and a couple of the original ugly µ's ones. Got Halloween Maru and the new You as well, plus a couple other SRs with blue tickets, but my gatcha luck is still pretty bad.

Did that last pull right before the Limited Popular Selection Scouting during the event kicked off too, so I think I might've had some better luck if I held off for a couple hours...

Zenostein posted:

I like the lil comics they added to SIF. Glad they're getting on the idolcomic train
Yeah, those 4komas are great. The translation is super lazy though, especially for the first one which makes the joke kinda unintelligible if you can't read moon. Still, they're v cute.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

AZALEA - LONELY TUNING

Guilty Kiss continues to hit it out of the park. Not a fan of Azalea though. Also, when is the new Aqours single supposed to be out anyway? The one with Kanan as center, I think it was called HAPPY SMILE TRAIN or something like that?

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 17, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
YohaRuby, the evolution of Ganbaruby????

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GhostStalker posted:

Promo UR Nico coming soon, I guess it doesn't look too bad. Don't like the fact that after the update, the Love Show screen goes quiet with no BGM when you're picking your song, instead of giving you a song preview, but I dunno if that's just a fuckup with my update or something.

The promo nico is hideous, just hideous. Apparently it would actually have a place on my team whenever I get it max leveled, but hell no. And yeah, the no preview music is a bug affecting everyone.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The promo nico is hideous, just hideous. Apparently it would actually have a place on my team whenever I get it max leveled, but hell no. And yeah, the no preview music is a bug affecting everyone.

Ok good to know about the bug.

And the Promo UR is growing on me, though I did think it looked terrible when I first saw it. The previous Nico Promo UR was a lot better though, yeah. My µ's Smile team is already full of SRs though, so after she gets max bonded, that card is going back on my bench.

Hate-Senpai posted:

YohaRuby, the evolution of Ganbaruby????

What else would you call a Yohane Ruby dual event?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Devilishly Cute.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GhostStalker posted:

Ok good to know about the bug.

And the Promo UR is growing on me, though I did think it looked terrible when I first saw it. The previous Nico Promo UR was a lot better though, yeah. My µ's Smile team is already full of SRs though, so after she gets max bonded, that card is going back on my bench.

Especially if you level their skills up, the promo URs are on par with most idolized SRs, and better than many of them. My optimized teams from this site still include some of them even though I could fill my teams with idolized SRs or better.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Devilishly Cute.

Fair enough.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Especially if you level their skills up, the promo URs are on par with most idolized SRs, and better than many of them. My optimized teams from this site still include some of them even though I could fill my teams with idolized SRs or better.

I never really bother leveling up the garbage tier skills that Promo URs have, though I guess it wouldn't really be that hard if I threw some Rs at them. They just hang out in my team long enough to max bond, then get shuffled off. They also take too long to max out level wise too, since they require so much XP per level since they're still URs even if their stats are way below that level.

I only have 2 of them too, the Pana Cherry one and the recent Nico one. Dunno how good they are, but I do know that the auto team maker keeps trying to stick the Pana one into a Smile µ's team whenever I form it.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Aw, it's a bug? I mean, I can see it being kinda annoying if you don't have any idea what song you want, but as a person who leaves poo poo on level selects while I gently caress around on twitter or whatever, it's actually pretty welcome.

Nobody needs to hear 30s of takaramonos seven times in a row.

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, those 4komas are great. The translation is super lazy though, especially for the first one which makes the joke kinda unintelligible if you can't read moon. Still, they're v cute.

The super-lazy "we just wrote it outside the panel" translation is the funniest part, I think. It's got that super-nostalgic early internet manga translation feel. The next step is to white out all the text in MS paint and replace it with the translations in 10pt System or something.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
What a beautiful TenStudent Festeval!

Anyways yeah, I had gotten Christmas Maki up to level 8 and she was getting builder recommended for a while on that alone. But since then I've sold her and also put on a lot of slots on SRs.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

That Arcade song doesn't even give out a love gem when you complete it and all the other rewards are just money. Not worth the effort and pain.

oh and I got this from trading tokens for blue tickets after the event

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Speakin' of Tokens I'm still undecided on whether to trade my 500 or so for Blue Tickets or to idolize stuff.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
R stickers are for spending in the shop, imo. As I've said, they have more buying power there (2 SR stickers can buy 1 blue ticket or idolize 2 SRs, 30 R stickers can buy 1 blue ticket or idolize 1.5 SRs), but mostly it's just more fun to draw more.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

I'd wait until I got a 6% team boost UR then idolize the SRs in that unit. My smile team is like one big leap away from hitting that T1 mark in scoring, but it's hard getting URs that work with each other. The cool thing about the 6% year boost is that you can use both µ's and Aqours members.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yeah, because of the year boost, the team builder site wants me to use my Maki Cool UR over my Yoshiko, even for my Aqours team. I don't know if I can bring myself to do it.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

AZALEA - LONELY TUNING

CyaRon song is... maybe good? Will have to wait for the full release.
AZALEA song is good. I like this.
Guilty Kiss also good; they keep on keeping on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh
The US is getting a delayed live viewing of the Aqours First Live.

Showings are in San Diego, Dallas, DC, Fairfax, and NYC so far