Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Martman posted:

He's the coolest!

My name is not Star Fox! Star Fox is the name of the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

glassyalabolas posted:

Amazon Japan has the Switch for preorder. You can ship to the USA.

e: ¥32,378 is about $285 USD.

I was too late. Now they're asking for 40k. Blergh.

Edit:
So, according to random snippets I got through this thread there's no way to charge the Switch without blowing it up? That seems a bit troublesome. Only dock charging, huh?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Please do not use a USB C power bank to charge your USB C device.

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
How snug does the system fit in the cradle?

All the chain link screen protector talk has me wondering if someone who is a heavy mobile user and frequently slides the system in and out of the dock would eventually end up with lines worn in anywhere from the dock. Or maybe someone that has used a Switch can say if the screen seems durable enough on its own. I'm not buying one until Mario Odyssey comes out anyway, would just hate to see another situation where Nintendo overlooked screens being pressed up against something.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
You can't charge via USB-C you have to buy another switch when it runs out

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Milkman posted:

That's how they get you.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Milkman posted:

Tough but fair.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i'm going to power my switch by plugging the included charger into the wall and connecting the cable to the switch

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

i'm going to power my switch by plugging the included charger into the wall and connecting the cable to the switch

MODS, BAN THIS FILTH.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

You're insane. You're a goddamn maniac.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

The Milkman posted:

That's why they said you can finish Zelda in 30 minutes.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Inzombiac posted:

Wait so the Switch doesn't come with a wall charger?
Just charging in the dock?

gently caress.

The wall charger can directly charge the switch by itself without the dock but you need to remove it from behind the TV if you wanna do that so it's a hassle unless you buy a second one so you don't have to do that.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Calaveron posted:

Man the Joycons are just so tiny, so tiny
Also so I guess I can't just use any powerbank to charge the switch when away from the dock? I have a RAV thing with like 26800 mhA and it can charge my ipad pro from empty to full two and a half times but if it'll make my expensive nintentoy go up in a conflagration is there another more recommendable alternative?

Yeah you can use it. Nintendo even mentioned power banks as a way to extend runtime. It will just charge slower than when using a USB-C wall charger.
People here are just parroting poo poo they read and now all things you plug into a USB-C port will fry your device.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Decius posted:

Yeah you can use it. Nintendo even mentioned power banks as a way to extend runtime. It will just charge slower than when using a USB-C wall charger.
People here are just parroting poo poo they read and now all things you plug into a USB-C port will fry your device.

Please repost this in the Android thread

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

PerrineClostermann posted:

Please repost this in the Android thread

Can't, I have to flash a custom Recovery to restore my Nandroid backup before I can post there, else this version of SuperSU will crash when I give root-rights to the Awful-App.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so game purchases aren't tied to console anymore.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's already been that way for a while. When I upgraded from a regular 3DS to an XL, the old 3DS glitched out on the system transfer, so instead Nintendo manually moved my NNID to the new system and my purchase history automatically moved with it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Good news.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's already been that way for a while. When I upgraded from a regular 3DS to an XL, the old 3DS glitched out on the system transfer, so instead Nintendo manually moved my NNID to the new system and my purchase history automatically moved with it.

In that case you need to talk to Nintendo instead of being able to do it yourself easily.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

so game purchases aren't tied to console anymore.

In theory they're not, but they don't want you running your software on two machines simultaneously, so in practice: yea they're stuck on whatever system they're on, unless the games get moved to another one

Same as it ever was

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sup nerds.

Seeing how I don't have a WiiU anymore, you get all my gamekeys :gifttank:

USA Only Codes
Bit Trip Runner 2 - A08L0X072LJEAQRX
The Fall - A08MJF3A2E2UV5AG
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - A08MVQGD0LCBFCA9
Gunman Clive 3DS - A08L7KH62N6XTTSQ
Mighty Switch Force! 3DS - A08KUWS439YWCG0U
Moon Chronicles Ep1 3DS - A08M2CYY0M7AMD2D
OlliOlli 3DS - A08MGMQ3101X568E
OlliOlli WiiU - A08MA2G72TW722QA
Sportsball - A08LGF8031RNRRK8
Stealth Inc 2 - A08LUU5P2A7XCXUS
Steamworld Dig 3DS - A08LRMST18MRN2NK
Steamworld Dig WiiU - A08LXP7P13WXGBGD
Whoa Dave! 3DS - A08MPTTS2JD32D27

Australian Only WiiU Codes
Freedom Planet - B0LW4VKG50LW5QSF
Runbow - B0LSQL2P1QXJ5VPS
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - B0LW5W4X0HTMNM7R
Swords & Soldiers II- B0LBVT8H2BPFHMF4

The Gifttank, benevolent and good. :gifttank:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Feb 17, 2017

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

TFRazorsaw posted:

In that case you need to talk to Nintendo instead of being able to do it yourself easily.

Talking to people is easy. Oh, wait... nevermind.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Sup nerds.

Seeing how I don't have a WiiU anymore, you get all my gamekeys :gifttank:

USA Only Codes
Bit Trip Runner 2 - A08L0X072LJEAQRX
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - A08MVQGD0LCBFCA9

Thank you very much.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Took SPORTSBALL and THE FALL

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Stealth Inc 2 - A08LUU5P2A7XCXUS

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can't wait for inevitable region free Humble Switch Bundle :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sam Faust posted:

Thank you very much.

DoctorWhat posted:

Took SPORTSBALL and THE FALL

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I've been playing coop games and finally got around to playing 1001 Spikes on the Wii U. Pretty fun puzzle platformer, not a brain-dead IWBTG game. The gate for learning is low so it's easy to pick up, and even though traps can catch you off guard initially, they obey some rules and have visual commonalities that you'll learn to avoid falling for.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Infinitum posted:

Mighty Switch Force! 3DS - A08KUWS439YWCG0U

Hey, thanks for this! I've always wanted to try Mighty Switch Force!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Spellman posted:

In theory they're not, but they don't want you running your software on two machines simultaneously, so in practice: yea they're stuck on whatever system they're on, unless the games get moved to another one

Same as it ever was

You have a source on that?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Enjoy your dead gay free games, on your dead gay system that will be dead and gay in :siren: 2 weeks time :siren:

Also the console is for babies

(The 3DS is alright. Gotta give it the ol respek knucklez)

Spellman
May 31, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

You have a source on that?

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2210/~/can-i-log-into-my-nintendo-network-id-on-a-different-system%3F

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That doesn't mention the Switch.

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017
At first I was thinking I shouldn't be buying this as I already have a PS4Pro but I think this will complement it as the living room multiplayer and mobile option. Basically just any excuse to justify my purchase.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Infinitum posted:

Enjoy your dead gay free games, on your dead gay system that will be dead and gay in :siren: 2 weeks time :siren:

Also the console is for babies

(The 3DS is alright. Gotta give it the ol respek knucklez)

Oh yeah? Well I'm going to play the new Zelda on the dead and gay system, and it will be the better version from the Switch! Just wait and see! :argh:

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
When I get my switch I am going to plug it in my power bank with either the cable that is included with the pro controller or with a CableMatters USB C to USB C cable when I am away from home. And if I'm in bed and the battery runs out I am going to plug it into an anker wall charger using one of the aforementioned cables. I'll see you all in hell after I burn my house down.

Oh also I'll be plugging all of these things into lovely third world fluctuating power.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I won't justify my Switch purchase. I'm getting one because I have discovered upon buying a WiiU that I enjoy Nintendo products.
It might be awful and if so then I am out the money I spent but that is the gamble!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

BambooEarpick posted:

I was too late. Now they're asking for 40k. Blergh.

Edit:
So, according to random snippets I got through this thread there's no way to charge the Switch without blowing it up? That seems a bit troublesome. Only dock charging, huh?

That's really not the case, you just have to be reasonably sure you've got a USB PD compliant charger and cable. A MacBook charger will (very likely) do the job, but if you're gonna buy 3rd party/Chinese stuff you'll want to look at reviews and check the specs carefully first.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Calaveron posted:

Man the Joycons are just so tiny, so tiny
Also so I guess I can't just use any powerbank to charge the switch when away from the dock? I have a RAV thing with like 26800 mhA and it can charge my ipad pro from empty to full two and a half times but if it'll make my expensive nintentoy go up in a conflagration is there another more recommendable alternative?

RavPower actually hosed up one of their USB PD chargers so it would announce 45W capability even though it only manages 36W. It wouldn't blow your Switch up, but if you plugged in something that wanted 45W the charger would overheat pretty severely

Just check the power requirements for the Switch and make sure your charger/powerbank can handle it, you'll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Why are there so many goddamn bad USB-C cables?

• Locked thread