Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Raged posted:

2. Is your character level persistent if you change servers?

Negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Raged posted:

1. Anyone playing on or can recommend a good Australian server?

Find out which server it is that your fellow Aussie plays on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c7Zr_D1ysU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's worth noting that this game is pretty good solo if you're into that.
That way you never have to worry about lag and you can set your ideal rates of growth.

I have a solo game going and it's been fun to dick around for a couple hours at 10X and make a kingdom.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Dogs of the Desert costumes.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

BlackIronHeart posted:

Dogs of the Desert costumes.

can't wait to craft this. not like armor does anything anyway.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

flick3r posted:

can't wait to craft this. not like armor does anything anyway.

You'll be waiting a while! It's just an NPC outfit right now.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

GoGoGadget posted:

You'll be waiting a while! It's just an NPC outfit right now.

maybe. they said it was coming. they also said todays patch would be released "in the next few days" and it was released like 10 hours later. so who knows how their time scales work :P

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
So a group of NPCs that tame animals makes me feel like the next god to get added is going to be Jhebbal Sag.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

That seems likely since there's already an interactive NPC in the game called Child of Jhebbal Sag.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ok, dumb question how do I remove my loin cloth to experience the game as Yog intended?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Raged posted:

Ok, dumb question how do I remove my loin cloth to experience the game as Yog intended?

You have nudity turned off in your settings.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

It's worth noting that this game is pretty good solo if you're into that.
That way you never have to worry about lag and you can set your ideal rates of growth.

I have a solo game going and it's been fun to dick around for a couple hours at 10X and make a kingdom.

Building in local games is currently broken, unfortunately—you can place things, but you can't see the preview of where they are going to go.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
With the free respec we just got with the patch, are there any recipe/character calculators anyone knows about? Trying to coordinate what my friends and I are going to learn for recipes so we can min/max our points.

Ideally I'd come up with some kind of roles for each of us (builder, weapon/armorsmith, altar boy) and we'd each have a set path to burn all our points on.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
a lot of pre requisites were either changed or dropped and a few were added so there are probably no up to date ones, only thing I could find was a spreadsheet for the old version

Alunan
May 27, 2008
Neeeeed water.

The GSF server has turned into a Conan-themed swimming simulator until the waterskins get fixed.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
So Stat points got a calculator that I stumbled upon when looking up if it was just offical 178 or all official servers that were crashing every 20 minutes. It's all of them.

https://zerapps.github.io/conan-stat-calculator/

Enjoy that.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Wow, so it really is best to just pump Vitality, Encumbrance, and Grit

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

YOTC posted:

So Stat points got a calculator that I stumbled upon when looking up if it was just offical 178 or all official servers that were crashing every 20 minutes. It's all of them.

https://zerapps.github.io/conan-stat-calculator/

Enjoy that.

Sweet adding it to the OP.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
What seems to be the best settings for popular servers now?
We had a vanilla setting server that went 3x and all the pvp people left saying it was easy mode and there was no longer any point to raiding but some other random people joined. When our host died we set up a new 3x pvp server and I think only one random person has joined.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

can't have the scrubs with lives and jobs catching up with you, now, can you

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
3-5x rates are best, just like ARK.

Alunan
May 27, 2008
The GSF server "Mittani's Wasteland" is vanilla. We don't want 1000s of abandoned bases and scrubs.

Work for your base damnit. We are three days old, and we already have had 6 pubbie refugees join from other servers with like 5x that are just ridiculous.

It should be a wasteland where you have to scratch and hoard to survive, not an iron city every 20 feet.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
No exceptions

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Alunan posted:

The GSF server "Mittani's Wasteland" is vanilla. We don't want 1000s of abandoned bases and scrubs.

Work for your base damnit. We are three days old, and we already have had 6 pubbie refugees join from other servers with like 5x that are just ridiculous.

It should be a wasteland where you have to scratch and hoard to survive, not an iron city every 20 feet.

This is fun for like two or three weeks. Eventually the XP curve gets out of hand and you're established enough that gathering resources and slaves doesnt have much challenge, and at that point it makes sense to crank up the speed because the interesting part of the game has become just building your poo poo.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
So for somebody like me in Texas, which Goon server would be best to join?

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

lilspooky posted:

Something Donful is Best Girl (also hosted in Dallas)

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

lilspooky posted:

go outside and hit yourself in the balls with desert rocks, bout the same experience imo

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Taylor Swift posted:

Something Dongful is Best Girl (also hosted in Dallas)

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

winterwerefox posted:

Wow, so it really is best to just pump Vitality, Encumbrance, and Grit

I would say 5 points of agi aren't a horrible idea due to the fact that it give you nudie armor that will mitigate a small amount of damage, but when you have 400 hp that adds up over the like 12 hits it takes to kill you and might add to a 13th, which scrublord pubbies might not have the grit for.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
We play on a 2x server, which seems like not too much or too little. I can't imagine that 1x sucks that bad.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Spanish Matlock posted:

We play on a 2x server, which seems like not too much or too little. I can't imagine that 1x sucks that bad.

It sucks twice as bad

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
So I guess all the goons moved to official servers? Something Dongful is actually Something Desolate. :(

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

They apparently region locked the official servers to prevent East/West fuckery, but this move somehow made the official servers start showing up at all for me here in Taiwan. I guess Taiwanese are the new offline raiding kings?

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

lilspooky posted:

So I guess all the goons moved to official servers? Something Dongful is actually Something Desolate. :(

Yeah we've started loving with pubbies on Officials. Its pretty fun.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

lilspooky posted:

I quit just because no one else played so it was all pointless. I'm playing on a random UK server now since I couldn't play on the officials with goons even if I wanted to apparently because of region locked servers. Which is a great idea, by the way. Does it help with overall ping at all?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Was a bit late in updating the EU server this time. They are in Norway, right ? So I usually don't expect the late night patches.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Come play on Thunderball goons. Just don't be fuckers and blow up people's poo poo, but raiding online people and taking the spoils is heavily encouraged.

Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

"The body of a dead enemy always smells sweet."
I'm confused by the time settings on my server. I keep fiddling with them but never seem to get what I want.

Please tell me if these are right for what I want...

I want almost no night and a fast transition between the two with a long 24 hour cycle.

So Day Cycle Speed 10 for the longest 24 hour cycle?

Daytime Speed 10 for the longest daylight?

Nighttime Speed 0.1 for the shortest night?

Dawn/Dusk Speed 0.1 for the fastest transition?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Uh night is the loving best. If your server doesn't have night at equal lengths as days then lol just lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Man it really sucks that Asia isn't allowed to play on official servers. We had a good local server, but they mysteriously shut down after the last patch, which kind of sucks, because even if we move servers there's no guarantee that they won't just vanish again.

Snatch Duster posted:

Uh night is the loving best. If your server doesn't have night at equal lengths as days then lol just lol

Yeah, we tried out a new server and they have like ten seconds of night. No nighttime raiding, no reason to ever build torches or lamps. Sad.

• Locked thread